Does Scorpio MC tend to mostly fail to achieve their goals?

Gemini888

Ah, I happened to focus on negative traits, such as "career deaths", "hard life" etc. Mostly abt make it or completely die (Scorpio thingy). I just assume that not everyone can undergo such things, that is why most of people just gave up when they face impossibilities.

I think the need to face something so hard in order to achieve what scorpio wants is quite too much for some people. Or maybe "failure" word is just too strong for some people.
Ah, so we sorted out the wording. I don't think failure is a strong word actually, but it's different from hardship. What you describe is hardship, which can be overcome by determination.

You haven't seen the horror of Saturn in 12H yet. There is literally no good thing being said about this placement. A quick googling and you'll see **** like a lifetime of depression, victimization, loneliness, psychotic tendency... So far I've seen only one blog post that said something good about that placement, and the author just said something about being an old soul and artistic talents before drifting into **** about giving up the material world (he deleted that post now)

roant14

Ah, so we sorted out the wording. I don't think failure is a strong word actually, but it's different from hardship. What you describe is hardship, which can be overcome by determination.

You haven't seen the horror of Saturn in 12H yet. There is literally no good thing being said about this placement. A quick googling and you'll see **** like a lifetime of depression, victimization, loneliness, psychotic tendency... So far I've seen only one blog post that said something good about that placement, and the author just said something about being an old soul and artistic talents before drifting into **** about giving up the material world (he deleted that post now)

Wow wow!! The explanation abt saturn in 12th is definitely spot on! I happened to have Saturn begun transit my Cap ascendant at the beginning of December 2017. That's when things completely go down hill actually. That's when I actually started to learn astrology, getting confused over what I want and scared af to take jobs. It feels like I'm "blind", or dull. I completely ignore a lot of big opportunities. Not to mention, in my solar return chart I also had a bunch of planets and asc in 12th house. I can safely say that period is a complete madness.

I'm not necessarily depressed at that time of period. In fact, I feel on ease. There was just a bunch of strange things happening. Later, after my solar return in 2018, that's when I started to become aware of the transit effect. Let's just say major depression and psychotic behavior.

I just realize my ASC, 12th and 1st house are in Capricorn. Woops.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I think majority of people will have their MC square their ASC, I mean IC, DC, MC and MC are mostly squaring each other.

Uh...you gave us a basic lesson of Astrology 101. Anything in Scorpio squares Aquarius, like for example: the sun in Aquarius squares Uranus in Scorpio (that's me), it's going to leave a bad taste in my sweetness of life.

greybeard

No sign, of itself, is either more or less likely to "succeed" than another.

And what about those planets whose innate nature affects "success" or failure in our endeavors?

And what do we mean by success? Does success endure, or come and go?

If, as is often suggested, man is the most complex of organisms, can we really expect such a simplistic and incomplete technique as "sign on the MC" to yield anything more than the scantiest information? Hardly.

Eanahsti

Yup, probably my father.

Same here. A basic idea I associate the MC with is the father, or maybe a guardian who doesn’t fully take care of you as would a mother figure (unless there’s another interpretation). My dad goes to work a lot so we don’t really have a close bond like I do with my mother. He’s sort of a mystery to me which sounds like a Scorpio quality.
I was wondering, what is your father like?

roant14

Same here. A basic idea I associate the MC with is the father, or maybe a guardian who doesn’t fully take care of you as would a mother figure (unless there’s another interpretation). My dad goes to work a lot so we don’t really have a close bond like I do with my mother. He’s sort of a mystery to me which sounds like a Scorpio quality.
I was wondering, what is your father like?

Sounds like me a lot.
I can't never understand my father. He's stoic, cold, never talk about feelings/emotions, hardly laugh, and other capricorn-scorpio qualities. He's so plutonian. But bcus he's a Pisces, he rarely going physical or mad controlling. I look up at my father a lot when I was still a child, and never really questions things. Things change when I went to college and that's how I realize I never really fit in with his value.

Last edited:

Eanahsti

Sounds like me a lot.
I can't never understand my father. He's stoic, cold, never talk about feelings/emotions, hardly laugh, and other capricorn-scorpio qualities. He's so plutonian. But bcus he's a Pisces, he rarely going physical or mad controlling. I look up at my father a lot when I was still a child, and never really questions things. Things change when I went to college and that's how I realize I never really fit in with his value.

That’s in fact very interesting, my dad is a Pisces ascendant! However, my dad doesn’t have the qualities of a Capricorn nor a Scorpio (in my opinion). He does have many planets in the 8th house though. Moon, Uranus in Scorpio, and Pluto in the 8th.
I can’t relate much to my father being cold or stoic. Do you have any placements in relation to your father? Like Saturn, the 10th house, MC, and/or it’s aspects?

roant14

That’s in fact very interesting, my dad is a Pisces ascendant! However, my dad doesn’t have the qualities of a Capricorn nor a Scorpio (in my opinion). He does have many planets in the 8th house though. Moon, Uranus in Scorpio, and Pluto in the 8th.
I can’t relate much to my father being cold or stoic. Do you have any placements in relation to your father? Like Saturn, the 10th house, MC, and/or it’s aspects?

I honestly don't know about my father chart.

Based on my chart:
1. Saturn (Pisces, 2nd House) is squaring my Jupiter (Sag, 11th House) and Moon (Gemini, 5th House)
2. Saturn and Pluto (Scorpio, 10th house) form a trine
3. Pluto is squaring my Mars (Leo, 7th House)
4. Sun (Taurus, 4th house) is squaring my Mars too
5. I have north node in Scorpio 10th house and South Node in Taurus 4th house.

greybeard

As for tht I completely agree. Based on the op's comment, the pluto placement is entirely located in 11th (based on tht degree), while according to chart, pluto is still in 10th. I don't deny the influence of pluto in 11th, but Pluto is indeed in 10th. Therefore, what Pluto influence the most is 10th house, not to mention the ruler of 10th is Scorpio.

Signs do not rule houses. Planets do.

greybeard

In thread on Beauty with Virgo Asc...
Notice how "success" is shown by the whole chart in the case of LBJ. No need to ask if Scorpio on MC is good or bad. We look to the unique and individualized chart itself, as a whole.

greybeard

The presence of Scorpio, or any other sign, on the MC does not of itself indicate success or failure. It is the chart taken as a whole which gives that indication. The planets are the dynamic factor in the chart, not the signs. Success or failure proceeds directly from Actions taken, or not taken, and action is the province of the planets.

Scorpio on the MC tells you to refer to Mars (or Pluto if you wish). It is the condition of the lord of the sign that tells us whether success or failure is more likely, not the sign per se. And, even more, the nature of the whole chart.+

Last edited: