Venus in 8th house, trine Lord of 7th - marriage partner

Yoi

I am finding the "Venus" thread very interesting. I don't want to hijack the thread so I thought I'd start my own. In terms of marriage partners what do people think of Venus in the 8th house (in Capricorn). The Lord of both the 7th and the 8th is Jupiter which is trine Venus.

I'm struggling to think of what a marriage partner due to Venus in the 8th could be like actually. I mean the 8th house is about sex and death right. What kind of marriage partner could that lead to?

May8mike

Hi Yoi. I'm a novice astrologer at best, but here are my thoughts:

I think that a marriage partner would probably be prudent and hard to get to know at first, a seemingly cold individual. This is based on Venus in Capricorn. However, once you're close to him/her, they really know how to have good sex. :p That's based on Venus in 8th.

loonymoon

I have Venus in the 8th house and I never thought what it would mean to my partner. However my Venus is in Leo, my 8th house in Cancer and its ruler, the Moon, is in the 7th house, so that's very different from a Capricorn Venus and Jupiter ruling both houses. Jupiter might need some personal freedom and space in a relationship. Capricorn Venus is serious, focused, practical and planned, but might appear a little reserve in emotional expression and have defenses. But, of course, it depends on the other factors in the chart. For instance, the 7th house in Sagittarius has different needs and orientation than Capricorn Venus and the two different influences should be synthsized in the interpretation and in the person himself/herself.

In principle, the 8th house has to do with crisis and transformation. When one has a planet there they are likely to experience a transforming crisis or crises in the area related to this planet or the house it rules. If Venus is there, this area is love. This kind of crisis, loss or suffering might make the person more aware of the depth of their feelings, so this postion of Venus might deepen and intensify the emotions. But it may also foster fears, caution, jealousy or possessiveness. They can be very passionate, but sex can be a serious matter to them, for better or for worse. They might unconsciously seek personal development and transformation through relationships on some level, or challenges that will purify their loving nature, it can be in subtle ways or in more destructive ways (such as abusive relationships where usually they are the victims, deep/obsessive love where they are rejected, experiences of loss and other deeply painful experiences related to love). If the relationship is completely static they might rock the boat a little. Veuns being in Capricorn, material values could become very important and they might project the intense emotional needs and the need to experience onto material objetcs and goals, they also might hold on to some control in intimacy and have some difficulty to "let go" or lose control. It depends also on the individual, their choice and their age, i.e. level of experience - at a younger age they might not yet be aware, or be more naive about life and love before they experience any real hardship. But this is only my interpretation, there are many different opinions on the 8th house and what a planet there might mean.

proluna8

Hi YOI, I'm new around here and I found your threat. I wanted to "chip in". Remember house 8th is the money of your significant one and the way he/she earns it, spends it and handles it, I would suggest it will depend on the aspects to other planets (and according to which they are and their conditions) Probaly many things linked with stetics (venus)

Besides, being Venus the second beneficial planet, if everything helps her, legacies will come your way, money from donors, etc.

The fact that it is in Leo, tells me the owner of the natal chart has a very passionate way of loving with some extra considerations about loves that shouldn't be revealed or things like that because house 8 is the house of Pluto originally.

But one of the many aspects we could discuss about Venus in the 8th house is that she gives you a nice death. "Grandad passed away while sleeping" is the classical and grateful comment you hear at the wake.

Hope my comments are not too useless, yours, Proluna8