Venus square Saturn synastry?

splindsay

Hi there astro folks! :joyful:

Wanting to get some insight. Was chatting to my sister today about Venus Square Saturn. She has it natally... and my fiancee and I have it in our synastry.
I got a bit worried I suppose. I know Venus Square Saturn is tough... however my fiancee and I both have so much love to give to each other. I've read some concerning things about it and I guess I'm a bit worried.

Is there anyone else out there that has suffered in a marriage because of a venus square saturn? Has there been unforeseen differences?

My venus is in aries, 1*. His Saturn is in Cancer, 4* (and his mercury conjunct at 6* cancer.)
However, we have numerous positive aspects to my venus. We share a grand trine, with my venus *1 aries, (my mercury is 28* pisces, and my juno is 4* aries). His moon is 26* scorpio, and his mars is 26* cancer. My pluto is 24* scorpio as well...
I also have my venus opposite his Pluto (4* libra)....

I know this is a lot, but just wondering if anyone has any experiences with Venus square Saturn in synastry? and how they'd felt it's played out?

Should also mention that I read that this aspect could also mean a difference in age (which we are!! 18 years. massive.), and also could represent relationships that have had to do long distance (which we also have had, I'm canadian and he's british...)

Thank you so much for any contribution! we have so much love for each other and it's scary to read these things..x I massively appreciate it. x

katydid

Hi there astro folks! :joyful:

Wanting to get some insight. Was chatting to my sister today about Venus Square Saturn. She has it natally... and my fiancee and I have it in our synastry.
I got a bit worried I suppose. I know Venus Square Saturn is tough... however my fiancee and I both have so much love to give to each other. I've read some concerning things about it and I guess I'm a bit worried.

Is there anyone else out there that has suffered in a marriage because of a venus square saturn? Has there been unforeseen differences?

My venus is in aries, 1*. His Saturn is in Cancer, 4* (and his mercury conjunct at 6* cancer.)
However, we have numerous positive aspects to my venus. We share a grand trine, with my venus *1 aries, (my mercury is 28* pisces, and my juno is 4* aries). His moon is 26* scorpio, and his mars is 26* cancer. My pluto is 24* scorpio as well...
I also have my venus opposite his Pluto (4* libra)....

I know this is a lot, but just wondering if anyone has any experiences with Venus square Saturn in synastry? and how they'd felt it's played out?

Should also mention that I read that this aspect could also mean a difference in age (which we are!! 18 years. massive.), and also could represent relationships that have had to do long distance (which we also have had, I'm canadian and he's british...)

Thank you so much for any contribution! we have so much love for each other and it's scary to read these things..x I massively appreciate it. x

It does not have to be totally detrimental. Especially if, as you say, you both have a lot of nice synastry.

Perhaps your Venus in Aries could use a bit of restraint? :whistling:

It is an aspect that needs monitoring though. In essence, his rules and regulations concerning tradition and etiquette and what is correct, might over power some of your enthusiastic impulses.

You might notice some of this when planning your wedding. :unsure: Do you have some great fun ideas that he negates because 'it isn't done that way?'

On the other hand, you bring more life, more spirit, more spontaneity to his boring routine life. :wink:

But you will need to keep your eye on it if you ever begin to feel that your desires, romantic needs, are not being met.

Does he have family concerns that are burdensome? Maybe elderly parents or children from prior relationships, that will demand his time and resources, which might cut into your own needs?

splindsay

It does not have to be totally detrimental. Especially if, as you say, you both have a lot of nice synastry.

Perhaps your Venus in Aries could use a bit of restraint? :whistling:

It is an aspect that needs monitoring though. In essence, his rules and regulations concerning tradition and etiquette and what is correct, might over power some of your enthusiastic impulses.

You might notice some of this when planning your wedding. :unsure: Do you have some great fun ideas that he negates because 'it isn't done that way?'

On the other hand, you bring more life, more spirit, more spontaneity to his boring routine life. :wink:

But you will need to keep your eye on it if you ever begin to feel that your desires, romantic needs, are not being met.

Does he have family concerns that are burdensome? Maybe elderly parents or children from prior relationships, that will demand his time and resources, which might cut into your own needs?

Hi Katydid! Thank you for your response. :)

To answer your question - so far he hasn't tried to place any rules or regulations while planning. He's a bit of an all over the place Gemini! I don't know if that makes a difference. And his father has a health issue, so for the wedding we'll have work something out.... No children though. He's crazy busy at work, which sometimes I feel he devotes too much time to. However we work together - that's how we met. So I think I understand his devotion ;)

Nonetheless will post the synastry below. x Thank you for your intrepretation!

Attachments

• alsyn.jpg
    alsyn.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 44

katydid

Hi Katydid! Thank you for your response. :)

To answer your question - so far he hasn't tried to place any rules or regulations while planning. He's a bit of an all over the place Gemini! I don't know if that makes a difference. And his father has a health issue, so for the wedding we'll have work something out.... No children though. He's crazy busy at work, which sometimes I feel he devotes too much time to. However we work together - that's how we met. So I think I understand his devotion ;)

Nonetheless will post the synastry below. x Thank you for your intrepretation!

Okay, so the Saturn is in his 10th, but your 5th. So it is his work, from the 10th, that affects your 'fun times' and creativity, in your 5th.

So you may have to keep some hobbies and past times and friends of your own, so you can keep that Venus in Aries thriving.

I am a bit relieved to hear that he has no older children. My daughter's friend married a man 20 yrs older, with teens from his 1st marriage. And it has really affected their relationship in a negative way.

His Saturn is in Cancer but it squares her Moon ,not her Venus. And he keeps stalling on his promise to have a child with her. So that Saturn square Moon has been difficult for her.

Have you two discussed your own plans for family yet?

So your fiancé might be a workaholic, which isn't too bad as far as addictions go. Better than alcohol, heroin, sex or gambling addictions. :cool:

katydid

His Moon/Mars trining your Mercury Venus and creating a Water Grand Trine can be very nice. I like to see that with the Saturn square Venus.

Does he make promises he cant keep though? :unsure:

Sometimes, with a lot of water trines, we just kick the can down the road because we are so in love. :love:

katydid

Hi katydid! Yes no older children...! To be honest, we've never noticed the age difference. I didn't know he was much older until we started dating... assumed he was in his early 30s! lol.

We haven't discussed family plans - he's tried to have kids in the past. Fairly sure he can't... (thinking that might play out with his mercury conjunct saturn..) nonetheless, it's alright. If it happens it happens....

Thank you! x

You are still young. You are born just a few weeks before my daughter. lol

It would be good to discuss both of your personal views/ideas concerning family before the wedding though.

You might not see the importance yet, but as your Saturn return approaches, you may have a lot of different ideas/ concerns about creating a family or not.

If he cannot easily father a child, that does not mean you cannot see a fertility doctor and find a way to make it happen---if you so desire.

I am saying this because you have natal Moon in the 4th, which may strengthen the desire to be a mother as time goes on. And, his Saturn/Mercury which squares your personal planets takes place in your 5th house of children.

So you should discuss the issue with each other so you are both on the same page, retaining the right to change your minds down the road. :wink:

If you just shrug now and say 'if it happens, it happens' ---that may not be satisfying if you get a strong urge to become a mother and you realize he needs help from the fertility clinic to be successful. It could become a festering issue down the road if not addressed early. :unsure:

Venus in Aries, Moon in Gemini may have a light hearted feeling about it, as a young woman. You appreciate your freedom and personal time and space. But as you mature, you may begin to experience that phantom biological clock, in a way that seems surprising when and if it happens. :whistling:

katydid

Love our trine!! Plus love that his venus trines my jupiter. It makes me think that our venus square saturn might be playing out between our age gap... although I know there may come more difficulty there...
To be honest, he doesn't really make any promises he can't keep. If anything, he's a really devoted person. He says things he means... (I guess that's the mercury conjunct saturn?) ;)
I think the devotion comes from pluto conjunct vesta(!) in his first.....

just thoughts x

OKAY. That is really good to hear about him keeping his promises. Seems like you have made great catch. :love:

Your trines are very nice and beneficial. He seems to truly have your best interests at heart.

My husband of 35 years has Moon in Cancer trine Venus in Pisces and they both trine my Mercury in Scorpio. That water grand trine has gotten us through a lot over the years. :sideways:

astroubi

Hello!

I am running into a similar case, but I was wondering what it means if Saturn is already prominent in natal charts. Would anyone have experience in this?

I have my Venus (Scorpio) square his Saturn (Aquarius).

His Saturn also sextiles my Jupiter(Scorp)/Pluto(Scorp)/Sun(Sag) conjunction. My Saturn (Pisces) makes a trine to his Moon (Scorpio) and opposes his Mercury and Jupiter in Virgo. My Saturn 5°56' is part of a natal T Square with my Sun Sag 3°53' and Moon in Virgo 4°55' (Saturn is a theme for me lol)

What I find interesting is that the Moon is present where our Saturns are. My Saturn opposes my Virgo moon natally (part of a T Square), and so his Mercury/Jupiter in Virgo coming to conjunct my Moon feels like support to my moon? Everything that touches my Moon has always touched my Saturn. Squares are the most prominent aspects in my chart, so it is an energy I am pretty used to.

Regarding his Moon in Scorpio, it conjunct my Venus that squares his Saturn.

So we do have harsh Saturn aspects, but it also mirrors our natal charts.

Interestingly, we both come from divorced families and complicated childhoods with parental figures.

On the side of the positive aspect, we have a Moon conjunct Venus double whammy, as well as my Mars (Leo) conjunct his Venus (Leo). His Jupiter conjuncts my Moon and Mars, but squares my Jupiter/Pluto/Sun conjunction.

I am curious to hear what kind of impacts could have natal aspects regarding such a tense synastry aspect :)

thank you :)

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

Venus square Saturn in Synastry tends to lead to a Capricornian-themed relationship, at least to some extent.

It'll be practical, not dramatic and perhaps a little too systematic...which is not everyone's cup of tea, obviously. But if you have a strong Capricorn or Saturn in your chart, then it may be something you welcome.

astroubi

Capricorn is a sign I really appreciate for sure. I respect the ethics and drive and I find it very inspiring. I have Venus in my 10th house in Placidus, and it is my Moon in 10th if the whole house system is used.

My own Capricorn/Cancer axis is intercepted in my 1st and 7th house in Placidus. My Progressed Ascendant is in Capricorn, and my SR this year has my Sun in 10th house, with my SR Ascendant in Capricorn, conjunct Saturn. :D

Thank you for the input OuterPlanets 89 :smile: