Planet Aspects are 100x more important than planets in houses or zodiac signs

love-thinking

You're not entirely wrong. I agree aspects are way more important like look up the mars effect. However, there is an explanation why it is more important and why many people's sun or moon signs just don't fit them.

When looking at a birth chart, you're looking at five things: signs, houses, aspects, lunar mansions/nakshatras(further division of zodiac signs into smaller constellations) and house lord dynamics.

When assessing a chart there's two things astrologers assess: personality, and prediction.

When assessing personality: Two things more important than the signs are the lunar mansions and aspects. I don't want to make this post long so I don't want to explain lunar mansions in full detail but to give you an idea, a lunar mansion can have contradictory or very different qualities than that of a zodiac sign. Lunar mansion and zodiac wheels are different. One is constellation and the other is based on solstices and equinoxes(seasonal). I have seen lunar mansions be an amazing descriptor of personality (sun, moon asc). And to find out more about them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8vzc4EjYI&t=2s

This is an example of her video exploration of the nakshatra/lunar mansion of hasta. She does a lot of research.

With that being said then you have aspects and this is what I would like to call a nurture reacting or reinforcing with nature. Which means, you'll be born with these traits but you will also be required/reinforced or put in circumstances to develop these traits which in some cases fully mitigates the zodiac sign.

Then you have houses. This is the nurturing aspects. This is where you will be in life. It will in some way or the other be physically manifest as opposed to zodiac signs which will be overpowered a lot of the time by lunar mansion and aspects.

But many say that if the sign isn't present in personality itself, it still shows up as how you use the planet in the house. For example, I have moon which is my 10th house ruler in 8th house in the sign of taurus where moon is exalted. I am studying psychology in one of the best schools in the country.
So in conclusion, zodiac sign is just the dignity/resources for the purpose of the house.

Think of it this way, let's say someone goes to the school MIT. which is the zodiac sign. In this case the house would be what the person studies. The planet would be the person itself. And the aspects to other planets would be the friends she/he makes that influence his/her personality.

So in this regard, let's say hypothetically MIT has the best psychology program, the person in venus would be happy in the 8th house if it is exalted in pisces because the school provides her/him with all they need to be successful. Now let's say Venus is then conjunct neptune(the artsy crew for example), she would identify with the neptunian crowd because that's the crowd she belongs to and will influence her very much throughout her time in university and their beliefs will rub off on her but she wouldn't be hanging out with them if she didn't identify with them in the first place.

I hope that makes sense and wasn't too complicated to understand. As for the lady gaga example, they say a benefic in his/her own sign can elevate a debilitated planet.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
As for the lady gaga example, they say a benefic in his/her own sign can elevate a debilitated planet.

Looked at Gaga's chart and circled 4 areas where the 'genius' may come from. Mercury is making a wide conjunction to Jupiter (rules Pisces in traditional astrology), so according to theory above elevates it. Don't forget Mercury in Pisces also Quintile's Neptune, this by itself is an aspect of talent and genius, brought out in a Piscean way. This aspect is where I believe accounts for majority of the 'genius'. Jupiter, now blended with Mercury, is itself making a positive contact to Neptune. Lastly, Mercury is retrograde, making the mental process just really different, and this inward rumination may lead to exceptional artistic talent.

Note: I am using the Cap ASC chart as no way is she Gemini ASC to me.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Looked at Gaga's chart and circled 4 areas where the 'genius' may come from. Mercury is making a wide conjunction to Jupiter (rules Pisces in traditional astrology), so according to theory above elevates it. Don't forget Mercury in Pisces also Quintile's Neptune, this by itself is an aspect of talent and genius, brought out in a Piscean way. This aspect is where I believe accounts for majority of the 'genius'. Jupiter, now blended with Mercury, is itself making a positive contact to Neptune. Lastly, Mercury is retrograde, making the mental process just really different, and this inward rumination may lead to exceptional artistic talent.

Note: I am using the Cap ASC chart as no way is she Gemini ASC to me.

How is she not a gemini ascendant?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
How is she not a gemini ascendant?

Her bone structure and demeanor just seem more Capricorn to me. She's rather solemn despite the constant outfit changes. And I am familiar with the Gemini ascendant look and demeanor - they usually have a sparkle in their eyes, and an nervous, chatty energy in their demeanor. Don't wish to argue this though.

AppLeo

Her bone structure and demeanor just seem more Capricorn to me. She's rather solemn despite the constant outfit changes. And I am familiar with the Gemini ascendant look and demeanor - they usually have a sparkle in their eyes, and an nervous, chatty energy in their demeanor. Don't wish to argue this though.

No, I agree with you, I just wanted to know why. I didn't know she had another chart that could be her chart.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Which is another reason why I prefer aspects over everything else.

I was thinking it could be useful when you only know the date, and can't figure out the ASC.

In any case, I will experiment looking only at it with a blank canvas below and possibly report back findings, and situations this may be a useful technique.

Last edited:

ardentika

From my own astrological understanding and research, I think you can tell a lot more about a person and their life based on the aspects they have.

For example, someone's sun in Capricorn vs. their Sun aspect Saturn. I think the person with the Sun in aspect to Saturn is going have a more dry, practical, and Capricorny personality and view of the world than the person who actually has their sun in Capricorn.

When people say their sun, moon, and rising to describe their general personality, they have it all wrong...what they should say is their strongest sun aspect, strongest moon aspect, and strongest rising aspect.

I think zodiac signs and houses flavor the aspects and give a richer understanding. But the aspects are the actual bones and structure to a true discovery of a person's psyche.

Zodiac signs and houses are wishy washy. Especially since there's already a disagreement among astrologers about which zodiac system we should use, and what house system we should use.. but aspects are pretty straight forward. A square will always be 90 degrees. A conjunction will always be less than 10 degrees. A trine will always be 120. You can't really argue with that.

You are not far from the truth however you should dig deeper.

A person natally born with Capricorn sun feels comfortable there because that's thats their natal potential, which means they have no need to over exhibit their qualities.

A person with Sun conj Saturn is so to speak new to this aspect. It's something they have to learn. Even the conjunction is a hard aspect and its Saturn after all, the teacher. Also the house that Saturn falls in would be majorly important and exhibited as the person grows.

And again, someome might have Saturn trine Venus and be naturally mature about how they express love and deal with relationships. A person who has Venus square Saturn will also exhibit the same qualities in the latter part of their life, simply because it's a lesson they have to learn. It's just that it will manifest in a more turbulant way and chill out with age. However, both aspects have the same outcome, it's just the journey is different.

So I don't think it's correct to undermine the natal comfortable potential when it comes to planets in signs , to aspects.
One shows what we are naturally good at, the other shows the lessons that shape us too.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
A person natally born with Capricorn sun feels comfortable there because that's thats their natal potential, which means they have no need to over exhibit their qualities.

A person with Sun conj Saturn is so to speak new to this aspect. It's something they have to learn.

So I don't think it's correct to undermine the natal comfortable potential when it comes to planets in signs , to aspects. One shows what we are naturally good at, the other shows the lessons that shape us too.

In theory Yes. Yet Conjunction is enmeshment, you can't separate out the two energies. They are born enmeshed. To that note, Trines are gifts. They are born talents.

I think the learning and development part only applies to Squares (conflict), Oppositions (internal tension) and Sextile (potential capability that can still be developed).

Last edited:

love-thinking

Which is another reason why I prefer aspects over everything else.

You know I was thinking about the aspects thing you said and I've realized we should do a test to see whether people more so readily identify with their closest conjunction more readily than anything else in the chart. Of course it must involve: asc, sun, moon, Venus, mars or mercury.

AppLeo

You know I was thinking about the aspects thing you said and I've realized we should do a test to see whether people more so readily identify with their closest conjunction more readily than anything else in the chart. Of course it must involve: asc, sun, moon, Venus, mars or mercury.

I kind of did in another thread... but yeah, I think it would be a great test. Because a conjunction, at least I've heard, is so powerful that the native cannot understand why people dont act the same way.

ardentika

That's a really good idea.

However, about the conjunction, it depends where it is. If it's to an angle it CAN be separated and it does get separated from time to time. But I've noticed the planet that conjuncts an angle, overtakes the angle.

And I don't believe this is true about the conjunction. It's not that they don't understand, but they think their way is better than other people's ways, so they try to preach it a lot. But they do understand. I suppose it depends on the person and how wide their perception is.
Two of my closest friends had 6 planets in capricorn, that's roughly 15 conjunctions. That's A LOT. Insanely goal driven, literally nothing can stop them. Unshakable. Both very understanding and supportive. So it all depends on the growth of the person, not so much the chart.

katydid

I agree with this actually

This is my explanation, when people ask me how both Sidereal and Tropical charts can be valid. I say the Planetary Aspects are of utmost importance.

I've had many students and/or critics use that question to bash Astrology, and say that it invalidates Astrology unless you say that one of the 2 systems is incorrect.

But I disagree. The chart is still built upon the aspects and major configurations. A New Moon is a New Moon no matter which sign it is in. A Grand Trine or a T-Square is still going to be there, in both zodiac systems. And the houses stay the same as well.

I put more emphasis upon the aspects . Although the signs are very important on top of, or to add the flavour to the meat and bones of the meal. And the houses are vital to explain the circumstances that the aspects play out in. :innocent:

Bunraku

I've noticed that in your delineations, and you come up with accurate answers. That's all that matters really, results. :)

UnluckyGirl

I just read the title.

I have this friend born 2 days earlier than me so our planets (except Moon) are in the same signs almost same degrees, same aspects.
Our lives are so different.

House placements and aspects are the most important. If I had to choose one it would be definately house placements.
Planets in houses will be enough to reveal 70% (if not even more) of my personality and my life in general, just by themselves.

With the friend I mentioned we receive same aspects from transit planets but they always work completely differently for each one of us. Transits have almost zero effect on me when aspecting my natal planets but I feel their effect so much when they're going from one natal house to another even though they don't make any major aspects to natal planets.

Signs gain important when a house is empty or a planet is unaspected.

OuterPlanets89

I've been thinking about this, and here's a not-fleshed out theory:

#1) I think aspects in a chart are often reflected through early learned behavior/experiences - usually from family but also others we learn from in childhood up to adolescence. For example, I have a Libra Sun, but it's in hard aspect to my Mars/Jupiter/Saturn/Uranus and Neptune...yikes.

I think my Libra Sun was more "given" to me as my early family needed a balancer (Leo Sun dad, Capricorn Mom, Scorpio older sister -- all very stubborn and different).

But all those aspects became "activated" and became a part of me after my parents split (when I was 5ish), and since I didn't have my dad around, my Sun expression became very much dependent on the environment (Mars+Jupiter for sports, Saturn for studying and to appease my strict Capricorn mother, Uranus for music/expressing myself, Neptune for art and also escaping in dreams when things were tough).

#2) So when we see aspect patterns in families, I think they're more of a nurture thing than a nature thing, but that's just my theory. But if this is true, I think undoing negative family patterns is more doable, assuming we put in the work.

For example, much of my family has Moon/Saturn squares or conjunctions (luckily I got away with the trine). But nearly all of them had to grow up very quickly and take on responsibility as kids (I did too, but its reflected in my Sun/Saturn).

#3) The Houses in our chart often seem to represent family karma. So someone with lots of 12th H placements may have had a lineage of family members who focused on power/money or ego in some form, and this 12th H person will often face more struggles in doing the same...but this will often result in him/her self-reflecting more, and finding peace in a 12th H way.

My mom has a 1st H heavy chart, which might be making up for the fact that her mom didn't have much freedom to go after her dreams. These types of patterns are present in every family tree it seems.

#4) I'm split on how signs are determined...but I do agree that aspects are most important, with houses being next, and signs being third of the 3.

MissTessa

That is brilliant. I have long been disturbed by the conflicts among house systems... the variants really make the whole of the astrological paradigm meaningless. But you are right 90 degrees is always 90 degrees! Thanks for that bit of wisdom!