music and astrology

conspiracy theorist

Right. When Neptune entered Sagittarius,we got Disco! :biggrin:

There's this new genre called future funk. I wonder if it's being driven by Pluto in Sag folks?

You tend toward tersenisity, but you're also detail-oriented and analytical.

It's a preemptive measure as much as anything else. By keeping it short and packed, I make it clear what I mean so the message gets across, I make it understandable, and I provide some points of departure for further pondering. Also, it helps to not get into overly long reply chains with people, to which only a few on this site are capable of managing without losing their main thrust(s).

david starling

I'm in this forum to have kind of deep exchanges about astrology, I don't see what's the problem.
Anyway, neither you nor waybread got a single thing out of the whole point I presented in the house=signs thread. It took me a whole 10 pages thread to try and explain, so I'll just give up.

I think i over exaggerated in 4 threads in here, on which I was interested, and I answered almost over 40, so again... maybe you have some problems with reading?
Anyway I think all the topics I got engaged in really needed some clarifications, I'm the person glad to give those.

I'm usually with my mouth shut 24/7.

You, c.t. and I may have an area of agreement concerning the nature of H12! Btw, seems like it would be a good House for enjoying Blues-genre music, when connected to Water-signs.

conspiracy theorist

Believe it or not, I find you endearing moonrise, but with your Mercury conjunct my Mars, we're not going to have smooth communications and it's a high chance that we'll find fault in each others views.

david starling

Believe it or not, I find you endearing moonrise, but with your Mercury conjunct my Mars, we're not going to have smooth communications and it's a high chance that we'll find fault in each others views.

I have my own Mercury conjunct my own Mars, so I often feel the need to defend my own views internally. And, if I'm satisfied with a particular view, I don't much care if anyone else disagrees with it, although I do take the views of others under consideration, and may even incorporate them. Since both Merc and Mars are in Pisces, easy to Agree To Disagree--same for Sagittarius? Might be easier for the Mutables to ATD. Nah, Sagittarians enjoy the clash! :lol:

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

In your case, I think you underestimate your Sun in 1st and asc ruler in fixed Scorpio 9th when evaluating how you deal with opposition to your views. You seem more self-contained and confident than what a "stereotypical pisces" would present (**** pop astrology), but then this might just simply be a case of maturity. I don't see much waffling per se, but oftentimes you revise and revise your posts, adding more after the initial posting. That's probably where your Piscean Mercury/Mars comes in, and the internal chiseling of your views until you reach satisfaction. Your charts is pretty interesting actually.

Is ATD really something that you think falls under mutability? Fundamentally, you're acknowledging to the other person that nothing you say will change your views, so let's not waste any more energy than is necessary. If we're going by quality, that seems fixed to me.

As for Sag, well, would a sign that has a reputation for being a crusader, know-it-all, and self-righteous really be likely to ATD?

Last edited:

david starling

In your case, I think you underestimate your Sun in 1st and asc ruler in fixed Scorpio 9th when evaluating how you deal with opposition to your views. You seem more self-contained and confident than what a "stereotypical pisces" would present (**** pop astrology), but then this might just simply be a case of maturity. I don't see much waffling per se, but oftentimes you revise and revise your posts, adding more after the initial posting. That's probably where your Piscean Mercury/Mars comes in, and the internal chiseling of your views until you reach satisfaction. Your charts is pretty interesting actually.

Is ATD really something that you think falls under mutability? Fundamentally, you're acknowledging to the other person that nothing you say will change your views, so let's not waste any more energy than is necessary. If we're going by quality, that seems fixed to me.

As for Sag, well, would a sign that has a reputation for being a crusader, know-it-all, and self-righteous really be likely to ATD?

I know! What I should do is review each post, then wait for the revisions(s) to kick in. Especially now that the first version does straight to e-mail! One member posted that I was "stupid" for disagreeing, then revised it for the actual post. :innocent: Others appear to have had second thoughts about whatever they were going to say, and the email version just disappears. You're right--Jupiter in Scorpio in H9....wait, that's a Cadent House, so it CAN'T be having much effect, right?:whistling:
Btw, I have a "Coefficient of Change in Position" method for the Mutable and Fixed-signs, and Pisces has the third lowest coefficient, behind Taurus (extreme-lowest) and Scorpio. Sagittarius is extreme-highest, with Gemini second. But, Pisces will pretend to change in order to avoid conflict--like water, moving out of the way and flowing back to where it was. Sagittarius just changes for the sake of change, in order to keep the energy flowing. I think it's the Cardinal-signs that are actually stuck in place (coefficient of "0") because it's their job to maintain the locations of all the Signs of the Tropical Zodiac. Libra pretends to change by switching back and forth from a center-point that remains in place. How about this for Sagittarius: "You have every right to hold your wrong point of view, but try opening your eyes, and seeing things the way they really are for a change!" :smile:

conspiracy theorist

I know! What I should do is review each post, then wait for the revisions(s) to kick in. Especially now that the first version does straight to e-mail! One member posted that I was "stupid" for disagreeing, then revised it for the actual post. :innocent: Others appear to have had second thoughts about whatever they were going to say, and the email version just disappears. You're right--Jupiter in Scorpio in H9....wait, that's a Cadent House, so it CAN'T be having much effect, right?:whistling:

I'm glad that I don't use the same email I did when I created this account ages ago... I don't want to know the amount of notifications that that has gotten.

With the cadency and strength issue, I think a big part of the problem is the general nature of the word "strength". Planets in their domiciles are seen as "strong", Planets conjunct the angles are seen as "strong", and planets that rule important places in the chart are also "strong". Differentiating between what a planet are placement is strong for will do a lot to iron out a lot of misunderstandings. A part of the issue too might be quantitative strength (how much of something tends to manifest in the life) vs. qualitative strength (in what way/purity/potency of the things that manifest within the life).

For you, Jupiter is the primary planet of personality so it's condition will have a great impact on how you interface with the world.

Btw, I have a "Coefficient of Change in Position" method for the Mutable and Fixed-signs, and Pisces has the third lowest coefficient, behind Taurus (extreme-lowest) and Scorpio. Sagittarius is extreme-highest, with Gemini second. But, Pisces will pretend to change in order to avoid conflict--like water, moving out of the way and flowing back to where it was. Sagittarius just changes for the sake of change, in order to keep the energy flowing. I think it's the Cardinal-signs that are actually stuck in place (coefficient of "0") because it's their job to maintain the locations of all the Signs of the Tropical Zodiac. Libra pretends to change by switching back and forth from a center-point that remains in place.

If you want a sample to add, I don't change for the phuck of it. I like to explore and broaden my horizons yes, but I tend to go through situations with most of my internal orientation in tact, with probably a few insights incorporated to keep the system lubricated.I'd say more, but I don't care to talk about myself atm.

How about this for Sagittarius: "You have every right to hold your wrong point of view, but try opening your eyes, and seeing things the way they really are for a change!" :smile:

With the first phrase, I think you got it. Take of the first phrase and you have Leo and Aries.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Nah, the first phrase with the rest makes the Archer. Otherwise we have the other strident fire signs trying to convert you to their own personal universe. Those egotistical bastards.

multiple

Account Closed
Has anyone looked at their synastry with their favorite musicians and noticed anything that indicated being a fan?

I've noticed that a lot of my fave musicians are Virgo's for some reason which is interesting because I don't get along with, or even know that many, Virgo's irl

generally it crosses the zodiac but a couple of favourites that stood out with an interesting pattern; richard d james and daniel lopatin both are leo suns. both have their mars in air signs.
there are a lot of musicians who I have no idea on their date of birth but would love to know. I might have a year of birth and that's all I have to work with, they are often low key or the sorts of people that shy away from the spotlight and play niche music.