Do you have a stellium?

JenniferThiesing

I'm curious about stelliums and the energies that play out in real life when they are present in your natal chart. Also, how are the current astral alignments playing in with your stellium?
Please feel free to share anything :)

debbie

I'm curious about stelliums and the energies that play out in real life when they are present in your natal chart. Also, how are the current astral alignments playing in with your stellium?
Please feel free to share anything :)

How many planets do u consider to be a stellium? I have four in Cancer and the last few years have been very interesting.

Bunraku

I wonder what will happen in the next few years when Neptune squares most of my planets and asc...
Saturn will be transiting through my stellium and that will take a few years...
Huh, I dunno, I guess I'll find out!

I know when Uranus squared my Asc (and a few other planets aspecting it at that time) my entire appearance changed due to a hair accident, but for the better at least! :tongue:

debbie

I wonder what will happen in the next few years when Neptune squares most of my planets and asc...
Saturn will be transiting through my stellium and that will take a few years...
Huh, I dunno, I guess I'll find out!

I know when Uranus squared my Asc (and a few other planets aspecting it at that time) my entire appearance changed due to a hair accident, but for the better at least! :tongue:
Its sounds like u must have planets in sag if neptune will be squaring them. Neptune is spiritual and sag is religous could u be questioning these beliefs? Also as astrologers I think we tend to view transits and progressions with fear. I think u have to look at ur individual chart and the kind of energy it has. For example, my progressd moon is going into Scorpio suppossdly not a good place but i have mars in scorpio and four planets in Cancer so I comfortable with that. R U comfortable with Neptune and Saturn?

The_Sundance_Kid

I guess with stelliums:

1) House rulerships mean that one area of life dominates the others;
2) Most transits mean nothing, but when they hit the stellium your whole life can change;
3) Not much changes by progression in your early life unless the stellium planets are all very fast moving;
4) You end up with one very powerful stellium ruler which may or may not be in the stellium;
5) It can be hard to click with other people unless they trigger stellium issues;
6) There will generally be a lack of an element etc. as so many planets are in one place;
7) You get a paradox of the native's life being in one sense very complicated because of all the underlying conjunctions and rulership combinations. But at the same time the native is actually quite simple because of the emphasis on one sign / house.

I have a Scorpio stellium from the 12th crossing over my Asc. I'm very introspective. Saturn is currently transiting across and 2013 has been life changing. I've noticed all of the above apply to me. Except 5) above. I generally click with lots of people and not just with other Scorpionic nerds.

JUPITERASC

I guess with stelliums:

1) House rulerships mean that one area of life dominates the others;
2) Most transits mean nothing, but when they hit the stellium your whole life can change;
3) Not much changes by progression in your early life unless the stellium planets are all very fast moving;
4) You end up with one very powerful stellium ruler which may or may not be in the stellium;
5) It can be hard to click with other people unless they trigger stellium issues;
6) There will generally be a lack of an element etc. as so many planets are in one place;
7) You get a paradox of the native's life being in one sense very complicated because of all the underlying conjunctions and rulership combinations. But at the same time the native is actually quite simple because of the emphasis on one sign / house.

I have a Scorpio stellium from the 12th crossing over my Asc. I'm very introspective. Saturn is currently transiting across and 2013 has been life changing. I've noticed all of the above apply to me. Except 5) above. I generally click with lots of people and not just with other Scorpionic nerds

Training based on astrological methods of 17th century astrologer Morin de Villefranche
as was taught by Zoltan Mason of New York.
This approach stresses seeing the chart as a whole integrated unit.
We teach the interpretation skills required to create an image of the person
and to detect their motivations and drives
http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

HOW TO PROCEED
WHEN TWO
OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE :smile:

'…..When many planets occupy the same house,
each operates according to its nature
and its own other determinations.
Each one must first be considered according to the rules numbered from 22 to 53
http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

The most powerful action on the house significations will come from whichever one of the planets is also the house ruler; then, from that one which is in exaltation; and in the third place, from the one possessing the closest natural analogy with the house meanings......'

'...When the dignity and analogy are not found together in the same planet,
one must take into consideration the two or three planets together in which these conditions are separately realized.

The fourth place in order of power goes to planet nearest to house cusp.

When
among many planets occupying the same house
some correspond by their analogy to meanings attached to the house
whereas others are contrary to them
it is necessary to ascertain which of these two groups is the most powerful.

If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved;
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented.....'

M

may28gemini

Yes, I have 2 stelliums with 3 planets each in 9th house Gemini and 1st house Libra.

Last edited:

YoGod

I have a stellium in my 2nd house

Saturn RX
Uranus RX
Mars
Neptune

and I've spent my adult life after graduating college (22 through now (27) trying to basically get on my feet, worrying about money and when I'm finally going to be able to be financially stable, get my career together & make steady money. I'm very cheap and my whole life is kinda based around that. Despite all the hard work…….I still seem to be stuck.

Last edited:

Andrea_

My stellium would be in my 1st House in Capricorn:
Mars conj Mercury conj Neptune conj Uranus

But the stellium is continued by Neptune and Uranus conjuncting Moon and Venus, in Aquarius, in the 1st House too.

Also, Mars, Mercury and Neptune conjunct ASC.

Could this be considered a 6 planets stellium?

M

may28gemini

My stellium would be in my 1st House in Capricorn:
Mars conj Mercury conj Neptune conj Uranus

But the stellium is continued by Neptune and Uranus conjuncting Moon and Venus, in Aquarius, in the 1st House too.

Also, Mars, Mercury and Neptune conjunct ASC.

Could this be considered a 6 planets stellium?

No. A stellium is 3 or more planets in the same sign.

erratic

I have five in Capricorn, including Sun. It's...odd, since I don't really identify with Capricorn much. Once I figure out my houses ill have more to say.

greybeard

May I suggest that a stellium is composed of

Four or more planets in one sign (or house...not as strong) of which at least two are not Sun, Mercury or Venus. Sun, Mercury and Venus are constant companions and frequently inhabit the same sign, which is why a true stellium demands that at least two of the planets be other than these three.

Three planets do not constitute a stellium, but a very strong multiple conjunction. But this conjunction does not (normally) exercise the overwhelming influence of a true stellium. If there are three planets in one sign and a fourth in the opposing sign it is of very similar effect as the stellium, with the emphasis and power given to the single planet and its sign. The same stricture on which planets participate applies.

Planetary formations represent psychological complexes (I do not use this term with the negative implications often associated with it). A stellium is a planetary formation just like the t-square, grand cross, grand trine, yod and the others. In most formations there is a quality of simultaneity: the involved planets are triggered at more or less the same time by transits, and possibly directions, depending on the orbs present in the formation. Activation of the first element of the formation, provided it is connected by effective natal orbs, will stimulate the entire complex and sets off a chain of action-reaction-further reaction within the personality and environment in a pattern of circularity. The parts of the formation-complex act as one, that is, directly affect one another through the resonance set up by their proximity (by degree) and intimate relationship. If one of the planets tends to predominate in the formation, the effects will probably be most noticeable (strongest) when this planet receives direct stimulation from a transit or direction because it "commands" the formation.

Last edited:

Erulastiel14

Many astrologers and books I've read say three planets within 5 degrees in the same sign constitute a Stellium, so I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Anyway I have Venus-Saturn-Uranus all within 5 degrees of each other in Sag in my first house. I consider it a Stellium.

MJ82

May I suggest that a stellium is composed of

Four or more planets in one sign (or house...not as strong)

I have to disagree about the house not being as strong. I have a 4 planet libra stellium in the 8th, and for better or worse, 8th house issues and themes have dominated my life! Unless you mean that 4 planets split across two signs in a single house is not as strong, in which case I misunderstood you.

Stelliums can create a lot of vulnerability - I remember reading an astrology post (can't remember who, but I could find the link) about the vulnerability a stellium creates, especially when triggered by transits.

I'm going through the single most trying period of my life with Pluto squaring my stellium and uranus opposing. It's a roller-coaster and is testing me to the max, with a lot of internal pressure...

Andrea_

Indeed, although I wrote about my Mars conj Mercury conj Neptune conj Uranus, the Mars Uranus one reaches 10 degrees, and yet, I am as uranian as I can be in my actions sometimes (although, yeah, predominantly through the way I speak & think). But I think my actions do come more as an expression of my feelings, which are guided (although I will never believe that planets guide us integrally) by my other yet stronger stellium, also in the First house: Neptune conj Uranus conj Moon conj Venus (last two in Aqua :) ). I completely agree that transits are pretty challenging for the amount of energy they create. My Pluto transiting through my 12th house sun conj jupiter and then through my loaded 1sr house with 6 planets wasn't and isn't too easy for me, while also having that jupiter oppose everything and nepture square a great deal ... I was also talking about intensity because I have no discordant natal aspect (squares or oppositions), which isn't cool, so I basically have to create challenges for myself in order not to start feeling like 'exploding' sometimes :)), This is my view as someone with a stellium :-?

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I used to think stellium seem special but not really as many will have the same configurations especially when involving outer planets. To disappoint those thinking themselves as special and important...Stellium is only a term, the principles of interpretation remaining the same. Look at the sign the planets are in, which house? then ruler in sign and house, strength and aspects. Overly fussing about this term doesn't give you better clarity on understanding the chart.

lazarusx

Moon,Mercury and Jupiter conjunction in Gemini 1st house, all at 22 degree's.

How does this play out? Im extremely adaptable to my environment and i have an eternal restlessness.. (I have been on the road for almost 18 months) I constantly express myself through words and writing, i thrive in social circles and i struggle with patience and concentration.

The combination of these three planets in my experience allows me to see both the details (Mercury) and the big picture (Jupiter) with a deep sense of understanding (Moon). I can always see both sides of an argument and often take on the role of the diplomat.. i am fascinated with information, finding similarities between science (Mercury) and religion/philosophy (Jupiter).. and bringing them into an integral understanding.

anjelik

I have a stellium in Libra, all Rx. Mars, Saturn and Pluto. They occupy my 8th and 9th house in the Placidus system. My Saturn Return was very 8th house focused, which was not fun at all, but I got through it. I've been told that I am very intense at times, which I'm not surprised by based on all three of those planets being clumped together. However, I don't feel I'm corrupt at all and while Pluto and Mars conjunct could make someone be power hungry, I am not. I attribute that to Libra and am thankful for that. I am definitely someone who values equality and balance in all human relationships.