Will astrology become mainstream?

Ekonomist13

I've got a thing or two to say regarding trends.

It is an increasingly growing trend of astrology popularity among the coming generations.

Maybe it's the astrological data overload on Internet, thus increasing chances of people to read and get hooked in.

Maybe it's the fact that spirituality is growing, as well as individualism, and astrology combines well with individualism.

Maybe there's an astrological cycle to rise and fall of astrology! Some planetary aspect which raises or lowers the chances of it being accepted, or some planetary movement aspect which makes astrology precise for 12 years and then less precise the next 12 years and so on and on and on....

Or maybe it's all of this combined.

Be there as it may, people have always leaned on astrology sorta like on any religion: it makes you feel good about yourself, it removes the locus of control from yourself to higher power, which helps people deal with negative happenings and periods in life.

Also there is the therapeutical benefits: us (astrologers) have known for a long time that people generally don't want to hear bad predictions, rather only good, positive things...even our moral standards are created with that in mind! So people hear positive things about themselves which raises their self-confidence, and explore different options and life-paths, and all in all it's positive and beneficial.

So, yes, it will become mainstream, in fact it's already happening.

And no, even with growing amount of reassuring data and research can't stop that from happening...

Did it stop Christianity?

Thanks for reading my neutral reply which is bot pessimistic and optimistic at the same time xD

sentR89day

Yes, during Pluto in Aquarius. Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, astrology is ruled by Uranus.
Collective (Pluto) interest and obsession (Pluto) with astrology (Aquarius)!

JUPITERASC

Uranus will be in Gemini, so that will play a part too?
1677887306884.png
1677887373981.png

sentR89day

It was as mainstream as yu could get in the late 1960’s, believe me. But as us hippies got older, we stopped showing any interest.
You think so? I actually see a lot of teenage and 20-something young women, like astrology, as of right now. In my anectdotal experience, I feel like the hard economic times, mixed with the internet, astrology might just become just as big as it did back in 1967, or something.

You should see a lot of videos, and channels, by young women (Millennials and Gen Z) talking about astrology. It is on Tiktok and Youtube, a lot. I think we've gone full circle since the late 1960's. I think the 1960's was chaotic and people needed something to hold onto. I also think that with Covid-19, the economic issues today, and the political division, people are looking for something today too.

JUPITERASC

You think so? I actually see a lot of teenage and 20-something young women, like astrology, as of right now. In my anectdotal experience, I feel like the hard economic times, mixed with the internet, astrology might just become just as big as it did back in 1967, or something.
You should see a lot of videos, and channels, by young women (Millennials and Gen Z) talking about astrology. It is on Tiktok and Youtube, a lot.

I think we've gone full circle since the late 1960's. I think the 1960's was chaotic and people needed something to hold onto. I also think that with Covid-19, the economic issues today, and the political division, people are looking for something today too.

IleneK

Premium Member
I can't remember anyone talking about astrology in the 60's hardly at all, but I was not interested in it then. But I think astrology is WAY more mainstream now than it was in the 80's and 90's. Way more.

FraterAC

I can't remember anyone talking about astrology in the 60's hardly at all, but I was not interested in it then. But I think astrology is WAY more mainstream now than it was in the 80's and 90's. Way more.
In the 60s plenty of people were talking about it, but people actually doing charts were uncommon. In Hollywood in the 20s and 30s there was a huge astrological wave of interest, in part due to the Brotherhood of Light (now Church of Light). If I remember correctly there were laws passed against astrology to preserve the public morality, even.
But let's face it, the current generations did not invent astrology, or even revive it.

Bjorkstrand

What kind of astrology u talking about. Vedic astrology? I am not a scorpio. Astrologers aren't even ready for true astrology. Like decans don't exist. Progressed charts don't exist. chiron is too small. You don''t know what tnos are.. How about globular clusters. wake-up everybody. hmmm make that 1000 years.

Bjorkstrand

way less the 1% of people study astrology. Nobody cares. WHEN people become psychic then you will have your answer. maybe 2000 years from now. wake-up.

FraterAC

A very small percentage of people study auto mechanics, brain surgery, cost accounting, music theory, quantum mechanics, tort law, or marine biology. So what? All are accepted parts of our culture and daily lives. The percentage of the population studying astrology is irrelevant to this question.
If some astrologers are thinking a general acceptance of this study among the general population is going to validate them in any meaningful way, they're barking up the wrong tree. We validate ourselves by the results we get -- or not.

Transiting Moon sesquiquadrate transiting Saturn, orb 23' applying; opposition transiting Jupiter, separating orb 1:02.