Will Trump Declare Martial Law on Inauguration Day?

Osamenor

Staff member
Objections to the Electoral College vote as it now stands (advantage Biden, 306 to 232), are going to be put to a majority vote in the House, where the Democrats have the majority, and in the Senate, where the Republicans have the majority.

But there will be an empty Republican seat on the day of the vote. David Purdue will have to leave the Senate on January 3rd, because that's when his term expires. Under Georgia law, the governor can't appoint anyone to replace him temporarily because it will be an expired term, not a case of a senator stepping down before the end of their term, so his seat can't be filled until the results of the runoff are certified.

There's no way the votes can all be counted by January 6th, let alone the results certified. Even if Purdue wins, he won't be back in the Senate yet. Meanwhile, all the newly elected senators will have sworn in, and while the Democrats didn't take over the Senate, they did win enough seats to make it almost 50-50. Without Purdue, and without the results of the Georgia runoff being determined, the number of Democrat senators will be just one less than Republican senators.

So the Republican majority will just be a majority of one. Considering how many Republican officials already think Trump should concede, it's highly likely there will be at least two Republican senators voting to uphold the results, and we can be certain all the Democrats will.

JUPITERASC

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
I hope we never find life on other planets because there's no doubt that the U.S. Government will start sending them money!

Trump, Democrats on same page in demand for $2000 stimulus check.

President Donald Trump is threatening to torpedo Congress' massive pandemic relief package until stimulus check increases to $2000 for legal Americans. Take away the $1800 marked for non-legal Americans.

SIDNEY POWELL
:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4T0c8KNy8

Inquisag

I do not think Trump will declare martial law if he said he wouldn't. He has proven that he does what he says he's going to do. Problem is, he said he would not concede. Today makes the second time he has incited rioting (that I have kept track of). The exact conjunction looks ominous and I can't help but think there will be some activity. Mercury was conjunct Pluto today. I will try to see if I can get an exact time when Trump uttered his incendiary words.

david starling

I do not think Trump will declare martial law if he said he wouldn't. He has proven that he does what he says he's going to do. Problem is, he said he would not concede. Today makes the second time he has incited rioting (that I have kept track of). The exact conjunction looks ominous and I can't help but think there will be some activity. Mercury was conjunct Pluto today. I will try to see if I can get an exact time when Trump uttered his incendiary words.

The exact Merc/Pluto conjunction was on January 4th, if that helps.

Inquisag

I have the time the speech started- here is the chart. Are we looking at the beginning of a coup d'etat? A newscaster said the last time the capitol was breached was by the British on Aug 14, 1812. There is film of a man sitting in Nancy Pelosi's office with his feet on her desk. He left her a written note.
picture.php

Last edited:

david starling

I have the time the speech started- here is the chart. Are we looking at the beginning of a coup d'etat? A newscaster said the last time the capitol was breached was by the British on Aug 14, 1812. There is film of a man sitting in Nancy Pelosi's office with his feet on her desk. He left her a written note.
picture.php

No doubt the speech deliberately triggered them.

It wasn't a coup though, or even a violent uprising.

Just a Trump-inspired riot. 4 dead because of him.

Inquisag

This is my argument for a coup-
I think the incendiary remarks he made during the George Floyd aftermath were intended to test the strength and breadth of his network of loyal followers and how he could reach them with short notice.
He has openly admired dictators and expressed interest in becoming one.
Biden said in a recent speech that the military had been significantly weakened. Why would a President do that? I think to build reliable, armed, and loyal forces outside the military.
Criminals use the element of surprise to overtake victims. People have not taken him seriously and I think that was by design. No one is expecting him to call forth his private army via social media in the coming weeks.

david starling

This is my argument for a coup-
I think the incendiary remarks he made during the George Floyd aftermath were intended to test the strength and breadth of his network of loyal followers and how he could reach them with short notice.
He has openly admired dictators and expressed interest in becoming one.
Biden said in a recent speech that the military had been significantly weakened. Why would a President do that? I think to build reliable, armed, and loyal forces outside the military.
Criminals use the element of surprise to overtake victims. People have not taken him seriously and I think that was by design. No one is expecting him to call forth his private army via social media in the coming weeks.

They'd be crushed. But, maybe he secretly hates them.

Inquisag

I have not taken a good look at his natal chart. That may be true.

Looking at current developments, he may be removed from office instead. Maybe Uranus will manifest as Pence taking action to remove him. Time to look at charts of Nixon's removal efforts.

david starling

I have not taken a good look at his natal chart. That may be true.

Looking at current developments, he may be removed from office instead. Maybe Uranus will manifest as Pence taking action to remove him. Time to look at charts of Nixon's removal efforts.

The voting procedure will remove him, as long as it's followed properly.
Pence's job as president of the Senate is simply to report the results of the Electoral College, as is. He can't legally change them like Trump has ordered him to do, and so far, Pence says he will follow proper procedure.

But, you're right--Trump could pull some kind of a stunt between now and Inauguration Day. Still two weeks to go! :pinched:

david starling

People are calling for Pence to use the 25th amendment to remove him as soon as possible.

He won't. He's already gone as far as he can by pledging not to try to override the Electoral Vote that makes Biden our new President.

Sure is a long time between the Electoral College Vote and the Inauguration though!

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Trump's presidential term lasts for 12 days, therefore US congress will not impeach him, but what they can do is impeach and allow his term to expire. We don't want VP Mike Pence becoming president and giving Trump a pardon, don't we?

Inquisag

I just watched a news broadcast wherein Michigan State Representative Andy Levin said the House will proceed with impeachment, mainly to insure that Trump cannot hold office again. They expect it to take a while. The Senate does not reconvene until the 19th. The Senate should convict him on the 19th.

Trump has not backed down, therefore allowing his term to quietly expire would be foolish. The president led an insurrection against another branch of the government. If Congress lets this go without swift action, democracy in this country will have suffered a severe blow.

david starling

I just watched a news broadcast wherein Michigan State Representative Andy Levin said the House will proceed with impeachment, mainly to insure that Trump cannot hold office again. They expect it to take a while. The Senate does not reconvene until the 19th. The Senate should convict him on the 19th.

Trump has not backed down, therefore allowing his term to quietly expire would be foolish. The president led an insurrection against another branch of the government. If Congress lets this go without swift action, democracy in this country will have suffered a severe blow.

That won't quell the simmering anger and resentment of his most devoted followers, or their deranged belief that there will be a successful insurrection.

Since they believe that he's above the Law, Impeachment will mean nothing to them.

I'm for letting his bloodthirsty term expire, and then ignoring him as much as possible for as long as possible.

That's the way to weaken his influence, instead of continuing to fight him, which only makes him stronger. [IMO]

Also, the prospect of his being convicted in the Senate is far from certain. Impeachment in the House isn't enough by itself.

Inquisag

That won't quell the simmering anger and resentment of his most devoted followers, or their deranged belief that there will be a successful insurrection.

Since they believe that he's above the Law, Impeachment will mean nothing to them.

I'm for letting his bloodthirsty term expire, and then ignoring him as much as possible for as long as possible.

That's the way to weaken his influence, instead of continuing to fight him, which only makes him stronger. [IMO]

Also, the prospect of his being convicted in the Senate is far from certain. Impeachment in the House isn't enough by itself.
If he is not impeached, it will be another powerful blow to democracy in this country. Impeachment is the civil way. He committed a(nother) crime against America. His crime is unforgettable and unforgiveable to perhaps the great majority of Americans. I am pretty sure they won't sit still if he is not impeached. Plus, his actions caused the lives of the people making the impeachment decision to be threatened. He did not call to see if even Pence was okay. As posted elsewhere in the threads, he refused to assist Congress people after violence erupted.

I was watching a news report of a crime in which a woman fired many shots into a house while her husband and children were in the car with her. Fortunately, no one in the house was injured. The oldest woman in the house, I think she was the mother of the other house occupants, said, "She didn't care who was up in here." No one made any admissions, but it became clear that the person shooting was an angry family member.

I think of this story when it comes to Pence being in the Capitol. Trump didn't care who was in there. He might have been so lost and consumed with anger in his self-delusion of thinking he won an election, after several prominent Republicans announced publicly they would not vote for him, that he wished Pence would not make it out alive.

Now that I think about it, he asked two people to throw the electoral vote. Who does that when he believes he won?

Last edited:

david starling

If he is not impeached, it will be another powerful blow to democracy in this country. Impeachment is the civil way. He committed a(nother) crime against America. His crime is unforgettable and unforgiveable to perhaps the great majority of Americans. I am pretty sure they won't sit still if he is not impeached. Plus, his actions caused the lives of the people making the impeachment decision to be threatened. He did not call to see if even Pence was okay. As posted elsewhere in the threads, he refused to assist Congress people after violence erupted.

I was watching a news report of a crime in which a woman fired many shots into a house while her husband and children were in the car with her. Fortunately, no one in the house was injured. The oldest woman in the house, I think she was the mother of the other house occupants, said, "She didn't care who was up in here." No one made any admissions, but it became clear that the person shooting was an angry family member.

I think of this story when it comes to Pence being in the Capitol. Trump didn't care who was in there. He might have been so lost and consumed with anger in his self-delusion of thinking he won an election, after several prominent Republicans announced publicly they would not vote for him, that he wished Pence would not make it out alive.

Now that I think about it, he asked two people to throw the electoral vote. Who does that when he believes he won?

I just want him to go away, like a bad dream. If you think Impeaching him will help make that happen, and prevent him from coming back, like a recurring nightmare, then fine, Impeachment it is!

Last edited: