Creativity and Writing in my natal chart

billie

Hey. I'm in the middle of writing a book and I'm obsessed with my potential for doing well. Because of this, I'm going to go through the different indications in my natal chart having to do with creativity and the ability to write fiction/make money off of it and hopefully y'all can help me work through which interpretations are more accurate regarding the entirety of the chart as well as stuff I totally missed.

What I've noticed about my chart having to do with this subject:

1. Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Saturn are in Pisces in the 5th.
1.1 I'm not sure exactly what this means. It's a little contradictory in my mind when reading other interpretations. People seem to think that having personal planets in the 5th makes you very creative and artistically capable and inclined, but having Saturn in the 5th makes you less artistically capable and inclined, so I'm not sure what to think about that.
1.2 In a personal sense, I believe this combination makes for someone that is very artistically inclined and capable (all the personal planets) but also is extremely hard working and structured with their work (Saturn). For instance, I have a strict method and discipline in writing. It's not something I just do when I feel like it or inspiration strikes. This is purposeful.

2. Jupiter and Neptune in 3rd.
2.1 I read that these are both positive indications of ability in fiction writing, with Jupiter helping to have ease and luck in writing and Neptune helping in imaginative and world building ability. Unfortunately, they also mentioned Jupiter in 3rd people being lazy when it comes to writing because it comes naturally, and neglecting to make money from or do well professionally in it. It's something I hope other aspects of my chart would negate.
2.2 I also have Uranus in 3rd, but that seemed more indicative of strange ideas, which could go either way in writing for publication, it seems.

3. Ruler of 2nd in 3rd
3.1 This should indicate that I make money from communication, right? Which would include fiction writing?

4. Ruler of 10th in 5th
4.1 This should indicate that I have career success through artistic endeavors.

5. Ruler of 5th in 3rd
5.1 This should indicate my artistic endeavors lie within the realm of communication. So, to me, with the three positions (2nd in 3rd, 10th in 5th, 5th in 3rd) there's like a circle. Sort of. Or, the things are related at least. My career links to my artistic leanings which are expressed through communication which is how I make my money.

I'm also going through some Saturn transits right now, this time to my Mars (which is in the 5th) and a little bit later to Saturn (also in the 5th). Both hard aspects. At first, I felt threatened, like, I wasn't going to have any friends or any fun, but what seems to be happening is that I'm finally getting serious about my manuscript and doing the work.

Let me know what you all see in any of this or anything else. I really appreciate your input!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_billie.18941.39340.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_billie.18941.39340.gif
    48.1 KB · Views: 31

AppLeo

Not sure what to say to the aspects above.

I think anyone can write and become successful if they want to no matter what chart.

Although, I think the best writers are Virgos, 3rd House Suns, and Mercury conjunct Moon people.

I think Stephen King was a Virgo, J.K Rowling has a lot of Virgo placements, a girl I know who wants to be a writer is a Virgo.

Making money off your writing looks promising in your chart from a glance. The Venus in Taurus trine Jupiter in Capricorn in the 3rd house looks quite lucrative.

billie

"I think anyone can write and become successful if they want to no matter what chart."

I would agree that people achieve outcomes outside of what is readily apparent in a natal chart. I would disagree that anyone, even if they worked really hard and really wanted it, could become a successful writer. That just isn't supported by the statistics of it, especially when you're considering traditional publication, and even self publishing with notable sales.

(Yeah, you could have included blogs, tv and other collaborative forms of writing, comedy, and a plethora of other things related to the craft, but still, for the number of people aiming for it, very very few ever attain a modicum of success.)

Some of the tightest orbs in my chart include Saturn sextile Neptune, Sun sextile Neptune, and Sun conjunct Saturn.

The Saturn sextile Neptune jumps out at me because when I look at descriptions for it, I get two things:
1. someone interested in altruistic matters
2. someone with the ability to make dreams realities through hard work and dedication

That second one is appealing to me in a biased and self serving way. If, as I've explained, getting something publishing traditionally is really very difficult and then having that published thing sell is even less likely to occur, but a person could work very hard at their dreams concerning their art (Saturn in Pisces in 5th) and have positive results (sextile) dealing with their fantasies related to their work in communication (Neptune in Capricorn in 3rd) then that might make this whole process less painful.

Or am I just desperate and completely freaking out?

AppLeo

I think you're over thinking it. The Neptune-Saturn aspect is an indicator of an artist or creator. I have a Neptune-Saturn aspect. :joyful: It basically means that you struggle to pursue your material life because you're too focused on your fantasy life. The hope with this combination is being able to combine the two – making dreams the reality.

Just bust a$$ on your book and hope that it will get published.

muchacho

Generally for writers we usually look at Mercury and Jupiter placements plus connections of 1st and 10th house lords with 3rd and 5th house/lords and planets in those houses.

conspiracy theorist

I disagree that anyone can write and be successful at it.It might be easy to assume that writing is an ability that everyone has to a proficient level when you're surrounding yourself through other decent writers through certain forums or websites; or you might think that writing a bunch sentences into a coherent story is enough to touch people on a wide scale, but all you need to do is take a look at the people around you to see that not everyone is capable of being a good writer.

Anyway, to give you some aspects that you could look for, you might want to see a strong Mercury, Moon,Venus and/or maybe Jupiter (wisdom and learning) in the chart. angularity, 5th house action, configurations, ascendant in signs that bring these planets to prominence (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces, Cancer, Taurus, Libra). If you want something a little more fanciful and less dry/academic Venus and Moon in the proper places would be nice to see in the chart.

And of course, this is only some of the things you might see. This is by no means exhaustive.

In the case of your chart I see :

-a strong Venus both in her domicile and angular
-a stellium in the 5th house and in a Jovian sign, the ruler of your 5th house stellium in the house of communications
-Jupiter in the 3rd house in and of itself
-the dispositor of Jupiter/3rd in the 5th (both Jupiter and Saturn are in mutual reception and both planets working in tandem helps to engender both big picture thinking and detail orientedness)
-ASC ruler in the 5th, the moon's next aspect is going toward Venus and the moon's next applications speak to personality and profession (another indicator of heightened creativity)
- Ruler of 10th conjunct ruler of 3rd (writing/publishing playing a major part in the career with it's manifestation being of a creative/artistic/"fun" way -- note that the 5th house is the joy of Venus *and* Pisces is also the exaltation of Venus)
- Moon/Mercury are conjunct which shows the synergy between your rational/analytical and imaginative/fanciful minds. Pisces adds to the imaginative and colourful outflow (Being the sign of Jupiter and Venus as well as water)
- Jupiter in 3rd at the bendings. This apparently brings prominence to the planet in question although there isn't much information I could gather on it.

As you can see, you're covered. And the fact that you have already begun writing your first serious book at your age I'd say is a testament to that.

Last edited: