Declinations of Several Stars Along the Solar Path

dr. farr

Following is a declination list (approximated for 2010) of some of the better referenced stars found along the Solar Path (the ecliptic) I have included stars a few degrees beyond the ecliptic "edge" to account for planets which occasionally stray "out of bounds".

NORTH DECLINATION

00:21 Mintaka
00:47 Sadalmelek
00:07 Zaniah
01:46 Zavijava
04:04 Menkar
05:13 Procyon
06:21 Bellatrix
06:44 Unukalhai
07:24 Betelgeuze
08:52 Altair
10:58 Vindemiatrix
11:52 Acubens
11:58 Regulus (Cor Leonis; The Royal Star)
12:33 Rasalhague
14:35 Denebola
15:11 Algenib
15:14 Markab
15:21 Al Pherg
15:37 Prima Hyadum
16:24 Alhena
16:31 Aldebaran
16:46 Al Jabhah
18:09 South Ascellus
19:11 Arcturus
19:41 Praesaepe
20:32 Zosma
20:47 Sheratan
21:09 Al Hecka
21:28 North Ascellus
21:58 Wasat (Al Wasat)
22:30 Propus + Dirah
23:25 Adhafera
23:27 Hamal
23:46 Algenubi
24:06 Alcyone ("Star of the Alchemists")
26:43 Alphecca

SOUTH DECLINATION

01:12 Alnilam
01:23 Sadalachbia
01:26 Caphir
01:57 Alnitak
02:59 Mira
03:41 Yed Prior
05:05 Cursa
05:23 Ensis (Great Orion Nebula)
05:34 Sadalsuud
08:12 Rigel
08:40 Alfard (Alphard)
09:22 North Scale
09:46 Sinistra
10:20 Baten Kaitos
10:33 Han
11:08 SPICA
12:30 Giedi
13:21 Khambalia
14:45 Dabih
14:49 Labrum
15:43 Sabik
15:49 Skat
16:01 South Scale
16:08 Deneb Algedi
16:31 Algorab
16:38 Nashira
16:42 SIRIUS
17:14 Dorsum
17:49 Bos
17:59 Difda
18:13 Oculus
19:28 Castra
19:51 Armus
20:45 Nihal
21:03 Polis
21:44 Manubrium
22:36 Isidis
23:55 Facies
24:19 Spiculum
25:25 Kaus Borealis
26:26 Antares

Last edited by a moderator:

dr. farr

Is Betelgeuze in longitudinal conjunction or Parallel of declination with your ascending degree? If it is in longitudinal conjunction, is any other star in Parallel of declination with the ascending degree? If so, then the qualities of that star would mix and modify the qualities of Betelgeuze in generating a net effect upon your ascendant (which has much to do with personality, as well as health)

JUPITERASC

Latitude as well as longitude of every fixed star as well as detailed information regarding history and effects is displayed on constellations of words webpage http://www.constellationsofwords.com/

Bernadette Brady offers useful insights regarding interpretations related to fixed stars and constellations via a free illustrated lecture (downloadable) at
http://www.visualastrology.co.uk/Fla...e_mainpage.htm

UPDATE

unfortunately the above two websites have been temporarily suspended

As of today's date (August 17, 2013) it seems the constellationsofwords website has been suspended; this is a loss to those of us who want quick and ready access to a collected mass of astrological information regarding the stars and the constellations, and hopefully the website will become active again in the near future.

btw
- Important to

check the latitude of the planet

or house cusp

or other chart location

with the latitude of the fixed star
:smile:

and that's easily done on astro.com

when "view the additional tables Pdf" link is clicked on,

astro.com displays latitude of the natal sun as well as latitude of moon, house cusps as well as all planets

- link is above left of the natal chart in small blue writing

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for the list dr farr!

Fixed stars always shock me enough to drop my pant.....

I always thought I only have Jupiter 22 degrees 8 S, Neptune 22 degrees 14 S, IC 22 degrees 26 S, SN 22 degrees 43 S, anti vertex 22 degrees 16 S in parallel but Uranus 21 degrees 35 S is also within the declination.

Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, anti vertex, IC and SN are all in contra parallel to Asellus Borealis at my birth was at 21 degrees 31N and Wasat 22 degrees 0 N (these two parallel to NN and Vertex and MC). Another two Fixed Star Polis and Albaldah were both also at 21 degrees 3 S not many details about these two, these two parallel to those planets and axises. No wonder why an astrologer said my past life made be connected to religion not only the SN connection with Jupiter but also with Polis.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/AsellusBoreali.html
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Wasat.html
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Polis.html
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Albadah.html

My dilemma as these are slow moving planets so many people born on that day will share the same declination along with SN. The key really is the connection to my IC to make these personal while Jupiter rules all these planets and as the final dispositor of the 4th and 7th so really is talking about my home, my private self as well as my other half and of course my later stage of life, end of life. I wonder by later stage of life if I will relive my past life once again :biggrin: hopefully in better way.

I wonder other than axises, do we also consider the cusp declinations? I have 5th house at 22 degrees 40 S, so 22 degrees 40 N for 11th house. I suppose for those using whole sign won't care about this much!

dr. farr

Actually in whole sign, as in every house format, cusps are very important! ONLY WE WHOLE SIGNERS CONSIDER THE CUSPS NOT AS BORDERS BUT ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL MEANING OF THE WORD "CUSP", IE "POINTS"-we call them "sensitive points" and they exist for each and every house in whole sign. WHERE are these "whole sign cusps"??
THE CUSP OF EACH WHOLE SIGN HOUSE IS A PROJECTION INTO THAT SIGN/HOUSE OF THE ASCENDING DEGREE OF THE RISING SIGN: so if say 18 Aries rises as the ascending degree of the first whole sign house, then 18 degrees of each subsequent sign IS THE CUSP OF THAT WHOLE SIGN HOUSE (the "sensitive degree" of each subsequent house)
So, in our example, with 18 Aries the ascendant, the cusp (sensitive point) of the 2nd whole sign house would be 18 Taurus, of the 3rd house 18 Gemini,....or the 7th house 18 Libra....etc etc, until the 12th whole sign house which would be 18 Pisces.

Planets and stars conjoining these whole sign house "cusps" are very important (planets aspecting. them are also important) for the affairs of that house (just as they are in Placidus or other quadrant house formats) For example, in the "Arthur Bremer" thread, in test charts A and B: the 12th house (house of limitation, self-undoing, etc) whole sign cusp is @ 2 Sagittarius, conjoined by the star Achrab (Graffias)-that star is rising and its indications for chart A 12th house are "...riches and preferment ATTENDED BY DANGER, violence, BENEFITS SELDOM LAST..."certainly applicable to the situation of the race car driver who died at 32 years of age in a car crash; in chart B, the whole sign 12th house "cusp" falls @ 22 Sagittarius, conjoined by the star Rasalhague, among the indications for this star being "...mental depravity...": although the term is old fashioned and intense, nonetheless one could apply it to the extreme mental retardation (12th house of restrictions and limitations) of the native of chart B.

So, yes we do have "cusps" in whole sign-they ARE important for us (we consider them to be generally more accurate than the house cusps of quadrant house format charts) and stars (and planets) connected with them, are potentially important delineative considerations for us...

poyi

Premium Member
So with whole sign housing system you will still use cusp by degrees :w00t: but the degrees is equally cut? Just to make sure I understanding right!

dr. farr

Yes-the degrees ("cusps") for each house/sign are the SAME for that house/sign as the degree of the ascendant (regardless of where in that house/sign the "cusp" = sensitive degree might be)
Example again: in chart B referred to above, the ascending degree was 22 Capricorn: but the ENTIRE SIGN of Capricorn = the first house. So, in the 12th house of that chart, while the ENTIRE SIGN OF Sagittarius = the 12th house, the whole sign "Cusp" (sensitive point) OF THAT 12TH HOUSE is 22 Sagittarius.
Remember that in whole sign the "cusp" is NOT the "border" of the house: it is IN the sign which in its entirety composes that particular house (another name for whole sign was "sign = house")...

poyi

Premium Member
Let me try to visualize this concept. So the Sign/House as the external structure of the house, but the cusp is the sensitive point or can be said as the door to enter?

Like there are 12 townhouses on a street, each have front yard which may ne 10metres to the front door of the townhouse. But the property start at the gate of the front yard, but the actual door is 10meters away from the front gate. The house owner has the power over the area from the front gate, you may be asked to leave if without permission to enter the front gate, but you can really pi-ss him off if you getting through the door.:biggrin:

dr. farr

Right-but say the property starts at the front gate of the property, and in one chart the door to each of the 12 townhouses might be 10 m from the gate, yet in another chart the door to each of the 12 townhouses might be 2 m from the gate, whereas in yet another chart the door to each of the 12 townhouses might be 20 m from the gate>the distance of the door (sensitive point or "cusp") from the front gate of the property (beginning of the sign/house which is always 0 degrees of that sign) for EACH OF THE 12 townhouses is SET by the distance of the door from the front gate OF THE DOOR OF THE FIRST TOWNHOUSE (the degree of the ascendant in the first house)

poyi

Premium Member
yer is all lining up in line by the property designer lol well can be said as the structural design of the frame of the overall structure, townhouses complex.

I do have question with native born very far north or south as you know the way placidus can behave in those circumstances. Being born relatively near the equator those unequal houses situation are not affecting my natal chart, but it does when it comes to relocation chart/solar and lunar returns etc when living down the South. Then I have this dilemma how to interpret as intercepted signs seem to be very valuable also. I guess in whole sign housing you have other type of methods to compensate. I think all system work as long as you follow the rules.

dr. farr

In whole sign each house/sign is the same (30 degrees) regardless of latitude.

In whole sign interceptions never occur (some consider that to be a drawback, but I never felt comfortable with interceptions and the fact that they never occur in whole sign is one of the things which attracted me to that format)

opiumchild

Planets and stars conjoining these whole sign house "cusps" are very important (planets aspecting. them are also important) for the affairs of that house (just as they are in Placidus or other quadrant house formats)

Would we interpret the planets position house-wise on the Placidus format or the whole house format?

For example: My NN is 14 degrees Pisces. My ASC is 14 degrees Libra so technically my NN would be on a sensitive point. (I know we aren't necessarily using NN as a "body", I also have my Juno on 14 Cancer and my Nessus on 14 Virgo so they also touch the sensitive points)
Anywho, my NN is in the 5th house using the PLacidus format, but in the whole house format it goes into the 6th house.

so would one interpret it as the 5th or the 6th when concerning the "planets" impact on the affairs of the house

----------------- you would probably use the house the planet is in in the whole house format... correct? I jsut realized this after I posted haha

Also is there an orb for conjunctions to these sensitive points? I suppose I could search more in depth but figured I might as well ask

dr. farr

would we interpret the planets position house-wise on the placidus format or the whole house format?

Answer: Choice is up to the practitioner (or student) for me i would say, without hesitation, use whole sign for (in my experience) best accuracy; however any cuspal system (house system, such as placidus) could be chosen for use along these lines

so would one interpret it as the 5th or the 6th when concerning the "planets" impact on the affairs of the house

answer: Again depends upon which house system you have come to accept as more accurate (for me its whole sign)

----------------- you would probably use the house the planet is in in the whole house format... Correct? I jsut realized this after i posted haha

answer: Yes

also is there an orb for conjunctions to these sensitive points? I suppose i could search more in depth but figured i might as well ask

answer: Yes, a very narrow one (couple of degrees max, although occasionally i've seen up to 3 degrees: Best to keep it 1-2 degrees in most cases though)

dr. farr

Actually in whole sign, as in every house format, cusps are very important! ONLY WE WHOLE SIGNERS CONSIDER THE CUSPS NOT AS BORDERS BUT ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL MEANING OF THE WORD "CUSP", IE "POINTS"-we call them "sensitive points" and they exist for each and every house in whole sign. WHERE are these "whole sign cusps"??
THE CUSP OF EACH WHOLE SIGN HOUSE IS A PROJECTION INTO THAT SIGN/HOUSE OF THE ASCENDING DEGREE OF THE RISING SIGN: so if say 18 Aries rises as the ascending degree of the first whole sign house, then 18 degrees of each subsequent sign IS THE CUSP OF THAT WHOLE SIGN HOUSE (the "sensitive degree" of each subsequent house)
So, in our example, with 18 Aries the ascendant, the cusp (sensitive point) of the 2nd whole sign house would be 18 Taurus, of the 3rd house 18 Gemini,....or the 7th house 18 Libra....etc etc, until the 12th whole sign house which would be 18 Pisces.

Planets and stars conjoining these whole sign house "cusps" are very important (planets aspecting. them are also important) for the affairs of that house (just as they are in Placidus or other quadrant house formats) For example, in the "Arthur Bremer" thread, in test charts A and B: the 12th house (house of limitation, self-undoing, etc) whole sign cusp is @ 2 Sagittarius, conjoined by the star Achrab (Graffias)-that star is rising and its indications for chart A 12th house are "...riches and preferment ATTENDED BY DANGER, violence, BENEFITS SELDOM LAST..."certainly applicable to the situation of the race car driver who died at 32 years of age in a car crash; in chart B, the whole sign 12th house "cusp" falls @ 22 Sagittarius, conjoined by the star Rasalhague, among the indications for this star being "...mental depravity...": although the term is old fashioned and intense, nonetheless one could apply it to the extreme mental retardation (12th house of restrictions and limitations) of the native of chart B.

So, yes we do have "cusps" in whole sign-they ARE important for us (we consider them to be generally more accurate than the house cusps of quadrant house format charts) and stars (and planets) connected with them, are potentially important delineative considerations for us...

Thought I’d retrieve this old post for those interested in whole sign houses.