"Karma" means "Action" so "Bad Karma" = "Bad Action" & "Bad Action" have consequences

JUPITERASC

"Karma" means "Action" so "Bad Karma" = "Bad Action" & "Bad Action" have consequences

the word "karma" is often thought of as meaning something horrific
scary
weird
bizarre
incomprehensible
and so on..............

in fact
the word "karma" means "action"

and so
"bad karma" means "bad action" :smile:

and since
action has consequence

that's the Law of Cause and Effect

i.e.
so then
"bad action" leads to "bad consequence"

and
"good action" leads to "good consequence"

we all want wonderful, happy rewarding lives

and
those wonderful, happy rewarding lives are dependent
on our own "actions" aka "karmas"

blog_unintened.jpg

the law of cause and effect makes no exceptions

it is utterly impossible for virtuous action to bear unpleasant effect rather than a pleasant one
it is utterly impossible for non-virtuous action to bear pleasant effect rather than an unpleasant one

10-12-13_tax_cuts_and_debt.jpg

noraleader

Banned
Re: "Karma" means "Action" so "Bad Karma" = "Bad Action" & "Bad Action" have conseque

ooh, i don't know if those statements can be considered true by persons looking to isolate specific actions.. it is often said,

no good deed goes unpunished *

:joyful:

we are looking for truth with these naive, relative ideas about good and bad.. when we must use a global, systemic analysis.

one that does not differentiate good and bad.

one that does not differentiate you and i.

so Q: how can we, as individual persons, seek truth in attempting to understand good and bad actions? :wink:

A: because, this may be the only information we are capable of parsing :wink:

*not true? try doing some good deeds heheh..

all actions have con-sequence..

(or do they? pose luciferians.. more conveniently, if "all actions have con-sequence" is true, then how can i prevent my action from being an all-action?) bendy logic

tysm1395.jpg

JUPITERASC

Re: "Karma" means "Action" so "Bad Karma" = "Bad Action" & "Bad Action" have conseque

ooh, i don't know
nor does anyone
if those statements can be considered true
by persons looking to isolate specific actions.. it is often said,

no good deed goes unpunished *

:joyful:
a "good deed" = a deed inspired by "good intentions"

and
deeds inspired by good intentions
frequently have unintended consequences
those unintended consequences are not a negation of the intended good deed :smile:
we are looking for truth with these naive, relative ideas about good and bad..
discussion requires a medium of exchange for those ideas
hence the use of the "good" "bad" distinction

when we must
if "YOU" must, then "YOU" must
the imposition of universal totalitarian mustness is unnecessary

use a global, systemic analysis.

one that does not differentiate good and bad.

one that does not differentiate you and i.

so Q: how can we, as individual persons, seek truth in attempting to understand good and bad actions?
:wink:
by understanding that "we" is composed of "I" and "you" :smile:

furthermore
"individual persons" = frequently compose a collective "we"

A: because, this may be the only information we are capable of parsing :wink:
speak for yourself mon ami

*not true? try doing some good deeds heheh..
avoid "trying to"
and
"do some good deeds"

all actions have con-sequence..

(or do they?
Name one action that has no consequence
pose luciferians.. more conveniently,
if "all actions have con-sequence" is true,
then how can i prevent my action from being an all-action?)
bendy logic

mental gymnastics research on your part
is clearly required.....
ordinary logic

noraleader

Banned

a "good deed" = a deed inspired by "good intentions"
amitabha! the existence of such things is certainly questionable. i'm sure it's often absolutely unquestionable as well.

by understanding that "we" is composed of "I" and "you" :smile:
inestimably dangerous.

Name one action that has no consequence
charlie :sideways:

...being a vegistered roter.

Last edited:

noraleader

Banned

..i thought it poignant to elicit,

that if i respond to your thread, it is not to detract from your material or challenge it in any manner. it is to augment, or "illuminate" (in the medieval manuscript sense) what is there. the things i say i may find disagreeable, or virulent in regards to truthfulness, i do feel that they are pertinent to consideration of the matter. being able to pose untruths is part of the rigors of rhetoric and erudition.

perhaps we disagree on the scope of our audience, i would be somewhat saddened to be taken for anything less than gracious towards your expression, and i hope you can accept mine in the same sensibility. this is talking. it is different from thinking, or perceiving. i hope you will refrain from estimating my scope in the same way that i do from yours.

bendy can be ordinary. once round a corner, it loses sight of the anterior part.

*mulls* that's not a bad name for an album.. "once around a corner.."

Last edited:

Dubyadude1986

The reason I am on the karma side, even though I don't know, is I have studied the things that have caused people not to believe in karma.

I've even seen comments here like "in my line of work, I obviously don't believe in karma." Let me assure you that isn't a contributing factor... lol The fear can be confirmed though, the universe doesn't care about image, saving face, being pc, any of that. The universe doesn't just go, ohh, "Bob works for that one jerk-off that told him to do it, therefor Bob is excused." No...

So, if people are choosing not to believe in karma because they have done things that they don't want to be accountable for, or want to do things they don't want to be accountable for, that automatically pushed me to the karma side of the argument at about 8. Didn't take long.

Just because people believe in karma doesn't mean they are not themselves effected by it. Most things that I thought would come back did... I didn't just go, "I will decide not to believe in karma so I can do this stuff and not pay for it." No, lol, doesn't work that way. I associate karma more with individuals than with groups.

If you work for a huge company, religion, group, or what have you and do something messed up, don't think "we", think "we involved in said event."

Kitchy

Banned

"name one action that has no consequence"

If I look at an object, say an ink pen, on a table - I do nothing but look at, it does nothing in return. What is the consequence?

david starling

This is why the concept of Heaven and Hell exists. And Reincarnation also. Consequences in "this life" often seem unfair.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

If I look at an object, say an ink pen, on a table - I do nothing but look at, it does nothing in return. What is the consequence?

You're more likely to use the table or ink pen in a conversation with someone, e.g. when giving an analogy.

Blaze

Account Closed

"I built a bomb that killed 40 people. I didn't intend for it kill people though, my government used it, not I. My bank account has grown significantly as a consequence so I'll keep building these bombs in hope they are never used".

david starling

You don't get that letter written that you were going to write.:wink:

Last edited:

Oddity

Some people find it useful as a religious concept, some don't.

Shouldn't this be in spirituality instead of chat?

david starling

Depends on the replies. For example: "Karma is ruled by Pluto in the Chart." Now what section does it belong in?:lol:

Kitchy

Banned

not making a choice or decision IS making a choice or decision

JUPITERASC

If I look at an object, say an ink pen, on a table
- I do nothing but look at,
it does nothing in return.

What is the consequence?
consequences are dependent on multiple factors

for example
in the instance just stated
not only does the PARTICULAR individual looking at an object determine the outcome
but other random participants may also determine the outcome

so
to continue with this particular instance
"say an ink pen, on a table - I do nothing but look at, it does nothing in return"

IF the ink pen on the table had not been looked at

then
the ink pen would not have been picked up and utilised to begin some written endeavor

or
utilised to draw a sketch inventing an anti-gravity machine :smile:

and so on and so forth

JUPITERASC

Some think spirituality should not be discussed on the chat board :smile:

and so
let's consider the rules on the matter

'.....Chat
For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation
but they're still important to you. ....'

and also
let's keep in mind that "action" is not necessarily spiritual

Kitchy

Banned

theory of relativity, jupiter -

if one posts a topic for serious discussion, one has to deal with the consequences.

one acts
one reacts

or, as my dear old mom used to say ' what? you don't like the taste of your own medicine?"

:innocent: