Dealing with a sexual addiction \ Fixed Grand Cross

poyi

Premium Member
Well, he always thought as plain idiocy Freud's (I guess...?) opinions about every man having sexual feelings for his mother during childhood. Sometimes we talked about when we were children, and from his comments about his family's life it seems to have been quite normal — of course our "normal" includes many difficulties common here in our country. Maybe there were influences not consciously perceived, but otherwise... I doubt that. But anyways!

I wasn't too sure myself. But I was looking at his 8th house Mars's dispositors.

Mars being his own cups' ruler for Aries cusp in 8th.
Mars in Taurus>Venus>Moon>Jupiter 12th>Mercury>Sun>Moon, the final dispositor should be Moon at IC.

5th house Saturn as his own house ruler, again mutual reception with 4th house Uranus Rx and Neptune as reception, North node also at 4th house. 5th and 8th are the houses for sex.

Noted that Uranus Rx is the ruler of 6th house, 12th house ruler is Sun in Cancer his dispositor as Moon Sagittarius and Jupiter in Mercury. 6th and 12th as well as 8th can see addiction. There are a lot of repeating messages surround the 4th and Moon, family, mother, women but particularly the Woman from his home.

Venus the planet of love, sexual pleasure along with Mars they have linked to Moon:

Venus in Cancer, dispositors as Moon in Sagittarius,Jupiter in Virgo, Mercury in Leo, Sun in Cancer therefore the final dispositor as Moon.

Mars in Taurus, dispositors as Venus in Cancer, Moon in Sagittarius, Jupiter in Virgo, Mercury in Leo, Sun in Cancer therefore the final dispositor as Moon.

The dispositors of Moon are Jupiter, Mercury, Sun back to Moon herself, Moon had the final say of herself. And this Moon rules over Venus and Sun the 12th house ruler. Venus the 9th and 2nd house (which should not be related to his sexual addiction)

Moon hold the quincunx again with Venus in Cancer, it is highly related to family as Moon conjoining IC and being in her own house 4th. Moon while only aspect to AC as square, and MC as opposition, only bQ Mars...I wasn't using Freud as theory of my speculation at all.

I am sure other members can also offer their knowledge and different views on these configurations.

Ragged Robin

I wasn't too sure myself. But I was looking at his 8th house Mars's dispositors.

[...]

I am sure other members can also offer their knowledge and different views on these configurations.
My allusion to Freud was only intended to show that, by finding his theory so "strange" (let's put it this way), it was not probable that my friend had experienced that feelings himself — of course, supposing he was not trying to deceive me (and I don't think so).

Thank you for your answer, it's deep and I will have to study more of it and more of Astrology itself to learn what I can about it — and if I didn't quote it entirely was for space sake. It was most kind of you.

Thank you very much. :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
My allusion to Freud was only intended to show that, by finding his theory so "strange" (let's put it this way), it was not probable that my friend had experienced that feelings himself — of course, supposing he was not trying to deceive me (and I don't think so).

Thank you for your answer, it's deep and I will have to study more of it and more of Astrology itself to learn what I can about it — and if I didn't quote it entirely was for space sake. It was most kind of you.

The alternative interpretation which is the most easy and direct interpretation could mean, Sex gives him feeling of Security, comforting to him and reassuring to him, the nature and rulership of Moon in all our horoscopes. Being so close of his IC and Cancer as the sign of the natural 4th house, sign ruler Moon placed there. IC also works as the foundation of our very being. The root of a tree that sustains our essence of life.

Zarathu

Account Closed
OK.... You've made this much clearer to me now.

I agree with Ashrila that I'm not sure that astrology would point toward a solution that he can follow. However, your most recent description has piqued my interest much more so that I want to see what direct he should be going in and what areas might be addressing the issues. I've known a number of clients with a much less significant version of what you are describing. They were at least able to know what direction the might go. I'm not able to share how that worked due to confideniality issues, other than to say that some were successful and some were not. But at least to me, none described what you are describing.

Did any of the physicians make suggestions as to medications that might tone down his system? There are medications that are generally used for seizure disorders that might also work to tone down the limbic system. Again, I am not a physician, but I'm wondering if that was pursued.

Thanks again.

Z

Ragged Robin

The alternative interpretation which is the most easy and direct interpretation could mean, Sex gives him feeling of Security, comforting to him and reassuring to him, the nature and rulership of Moon in all our horoscopes. Being so close of his IC and Cancer as the sign of the natural 4th house, sign ruler Moon placed there. IC also works as the foundation of our very being. The root of a tree that sustains our essence of life.
I think it's felt more just like as a compulsion than as some search for comfort or security, if I can recall his descriptions of it happening. If you're talking about something really deep, maybe going by unnoticed, then I could only conjecture here. Nevertheless, I believe that the female figure, seen terms of authority of submission, has some important degree in this matter; BDSM surely excites him, also the degradation you can find there. Maybe by understanding the concept of mother in a symbolic way we can get a good representation of this. I know that he's the kind of guy that wants to find someone cool and spend his days with this person, and the sexual element comes as something alien to this; what I don't know, and he also doesn't, is whether some of his sexual interests are just what he is not, like a illness, as it were, something to overcome, or part of him that should be indulged (the suffering actually coming from trying to repress it) — in this last case, the question remains: how? In a sexual way or by changing and directing this into something else?

OK.... You've made this much clearer to me now.

I agree with Ashrila that I'm not sure that astrology would point toward a solution that he can follow. However, your most recent description has piqued my interest much more so that I want to see what direct he should be going in and what areas might be addressing the issues. I've known a number of clients with a much less significant version of what you are describing. They were at least able to know what direction the might go. I'm not able to share how that worked due to confideniality issues, other than to say that some were successful and some were not. But at least to me, none described what you are describing.

Did any of the physicians make suggestions as to medications that might tone down his system? There are medications that are generally used for seizure disorders that might also work to tone down the limbic system. Again, I am not a physician, but I'm wondering if that was pursued.

Thanks again.

Z
This I don't know. I know the last psychiatrist gave him some antidepressants, diagnosing him as a maniac depressive; he took all the medications, followed the prescriptions but nothing changed — the medications did something, to be fair: he, timid as I was (and still is), felt just like a bard under their effect, so he wasn't at all afraid of wooing girls in some creative ways, even being successful. About toning down his limbic system... I really don't know. I will ask him next time.

Thank you for your answer. :joyful:

poyi

Premium Member
I think it's felt more just like as a compulsion than as some search for comfort or security, if I can recall his descriptions of it happening. If you're talking about something really deep, maybe going by unnoticed, then I could only conjecture here. Nevertheless, I believe that the female figure, seen terms of authority of submission, has some important degree in this matter; BDSM surely excites him, also the degradation you can find there. Maybe by understanding the concept of mother in a symbolic way we can get a good representation of this. I know that he's the kind of guy that wants to find someone cool and spend his days with this person, and the sexual element comes as something alien to this; what I don't know, and he also doesn't, is whether some of his sexual interests are just what he is not, like a illness, as it were, something to overcome, or part of him that should be indulged (the suffering actually coming from trying to repress it) — in this last case, the question remains: how? In a sexual way or by changing and directing this into something else?

The alien part of sexual element perhaps has something to do with the Venus in water sign quincunx her ruler Moon in fire sign. Suffering as when he actually represses it could be related to the other double quincunx of Mercury to Uranus Rx (6th house ruler) and Neptune Rx (7th house ruler), Mercury as the ruler of his ascendant, MC, as well as his hidden Jupiter which is the ruler of Moon. So it seem to be running around all linking together and always referring back to Moon.

Saturn Rx and Neptune Rx, normally Neptune like to expand and lack of boundaries and Saturn is restrict and full of principles. Uranus Rx wants to rebel and break off, these conflicting issues related to his 7th, 5th, and 6th house and yet Uranus Rx and Neptune Rx both conjunction in 2 orbs placed in 4th house. I still think very strong link to the family, mother and childhood time.

Sun itself is under oppositions by these two planets in the 4th house. Moon bascially only have major aspect to the Venus which are unbalanced elements in aspect, difficulties on learning to get along but longing for something from each other. And again, Mercury as the ruler of the AC and MC under quincunx by Uranus Rx and Neptune Rx from 4th house link to their ruler Saturn as opposition part of the Grand Cross pointing to the Mars in the 8th house. You can do the same to break down the interpretation to the other half of the Grand Cross; as Grand Cross is formed by two T-squares.

The Grand Trines link to the stressful angles of the Grand Cross planets are Exacerbation of the Grand Cross.

Last edited:

Ragged Robin

The alien part of sexual element perhaps has something to do with the Venus in water sign quincunx her ruler Moon in fire sign. Suffering as when he actually represses it could be related to the other double quincunx of Mercury to Uranus Rx (6th house ruler) and Neptune Rx (7th house ruler), Mercury as the ruler of his ascendant, MC, as well as his hidden Jupiter which is the ruler of Moon. So it seem to be running around all linking together and always referring back to Moon. [...]
I really wonder how many years I will need to be able to do what you're doing here! But let me ask you another question: by his map, would you say that his nature is strongly plutonian (by "plutonian" I mean having Pluto as his strongest or near strongest planet, among at least his four strongest planets)? And, since you've mentioned the moon, I see there are no direct aspects between Pluto and the Moon, but, nevertheless, would you say these two are linked in some way?

Thank you again! :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
I really wonder how many years I will need to be able to do what you're doing here! But let me ask you another question: by his map, would you say that his nature is strongly plutonian (by "plutonian" I mean having Pluto as his strongest or near strongest planet, among at least his four strongest planets)? And, since you've mentioned the moon, I see there are no direct aspects between Pluto and the Moon, but, nevertheless, would you say these two are linked in some way?

Thank you again! :smile:

Thank you for your compliment and encouragement.

It doesn't matter when you started learning astrology. It is not the matter of how many years you actually spent on learning astrology, but more about the quality time that you spent with learning astrology. Not everyone claiming they have been in astrology for 20-50 years are guru. I started learning Western astrology last year when I joined this forum. Previous I have foundation from Chinese astrology and occult science since early teenage so about 10-15 years of study on Chinese occult.

When I first started learning Western astrology. Many had put me down in many ways through words. I felt stupid and thought I will never be to read charts. But I didn't listen to them and continue. You can see the very early posts I had in this forum. I was just a newbie and still learning each day. It is all about determination and faith in yourself as well as the Gut to practice knowing you must also face embarrassment time to time. You don't have to be genius to read astrological charts. There are formulas and models can be learned. You can Surely read better than me if you willing to invest quality time and devotion.

To find out if there are any link between Pluto and Moon. Since you didn't put the birth data here. You will need to do it yourself. Draw the natal chart and select to see the data in PDF on the left hand corner of the chart then you will see if by declination Moon may or may not parallel Pluto. This can't be done by visually looking at the chart but through calculation of declination which luckily astrodienst does it all for us.

If you don't know what I mean. Just reply with the Declination of Moon and Pluto. I have a look for you. I would also like to check if Moon also parallel IC.

Even without the connection between Moon and Pluto, the connection between Pluto opposition to 8th house ruler Mars as the two corners of the Grand Cross, and Pluto square 5th house ruler Saturn are very strong indication of his issues.

One thing I missed last time was the Mystic Rectangle pattern. You can read further of all these patterns here.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
Formed by Sun, Mars, Pluto and Uranus Rx/Neptune Rx.

If you can also list all the declinations for each planet out.

Thank you for the chart and opportunities for me to learn more through your feedback!

Last edited:

Ragged Robin

Thank you for your compliment and encouragement.

It doesn't matter when you started learning astrology. It is not the matter of how many years you actually spent on learning astrology, but more about the quality time that you spent with learning astrology. Not everyone claiming they have been in astrology for 20-50 years are guru. I started learning Western astrology last year when I joined this forum. Previous I have foundation from Chinese astrology and occult science since early teenage so about 10-15 years of study on Chinese occult.

[...]

Thank you for the chart and opportunities for me to learn more through your feedback!
Indeed, I didn't know what you were talking about... but here follows the information about declinations of the chart:

Sun → 21°53'16" N

Moon → 23°50'54" S
Mercury → 14°47'31" N

Venus → 21°36'18" N
Mars → S 16°48'8" N
Jupiter → 8°14'15" N

Saturn → 16°40'40" S
Uranus → 22°55'44" S
Neptune → 21°33'13" S
Pluto → 3°22'18" S
Mean Node → 23°26'22" S
True Node → 23°26'18" S
Chiron → 11°43'10" N

And I thank YOU for your help. It's me the one who's learning a lot and, even better, gaining the opportunity of doing something good with this knowledge.

Thank you very much! :smile:

poyi

Premium Member

Sun → 21°53'16" N

Moon → 23°50'54" S
Mercury → 14°47'31" N

Venus → 21°36'18" N
Mars → S 16°48'8" N
Jupiter → 8°14'15" N

Saturn → 16°40'40" S
Uranus → 22°55'44" S
Neptune → 21°33'13" S
Pluto → 3°22'18" S
Mean Node → 23°26'22" S
True Node → 23°26'18" S
Chiron → 11°43'10" N

So here Sun and Venus are in parallel as they are both 21 degrees North. Both also contra parallel Neptune South. Moon is parallel to North Node which again gives a lot of importance to the Moon, north node as the direction of life path. You should understand the example now.

Parallel is read as conjunction while contra parallel is read as opposition. When two planets in the chart conjunct each other as well as parallel that is very powerful and so as the opposition+contra parallel. You can read declination with fixed stars as well.

I will say the level of influence Parallel+Conjunction is the greatest, only conjunction is the second (also depending on how tight the orb is) same for contra parallel and opposition. The characters of Parallel and Contra parallel are private and rather hidden away, we are unlikely to be fully aware of it in usual situation but very solid influences.

Ragged Robin

So here Sun and Venus are in parallel as they are both 21 degrees North. Both also contra parallel Neptune South. Moon is parallel to North Node which again gives a lot of importance to the Moon, north node as the direction of life path. You should understand the example now.

Parallel is read as conjunction while contra parallel is read as opposition. When two planets in the chart conjunct each other as well as parallel that is very powerful and so as the opposition+contra parallel. You can read declination with fixed stars as well.

I will say the level of influence Parallel+Conjunction is the greatest, only conjunction is the second (also depending on how tight the orb is) same for contra parallel and opposition. The characters of Parallel and Contra parallel are private and rather hidden away, we are unlikely to be fully aware of it in usual situation but very solid influences.
Yes, now I understand the example. I think I can see much of his Sun and Venus contra parallel Neptune, though I can't see the external expression of Sun parallel Venus; nevertheless, Moon parallel to North Node appears clearly to me: that's the image of him while being himself, exactly what is being effected by this sexual problem of his.

Now I have much information, thanks to yours and others' comments, but still I can't find ways of putting all this to practice, finding ways to redirect this energy in something useful — maybe using it as combustive for the changes he wants to make in his life. (I don't know if I'm being clear enough, sorry. :sad:).

Last time we had a good talk, he was feeling divided in many ways, feeling pulled in at least two distinct directions in every major aspect of his life: professionally, he's trying to decide between some technological career (maybe programmer) or something on the Humans (he's witty for this, and an able debater). I think he would do great if he could actually understand and see the function in which he could do his best, that would be the best suit for his unique nature (of which the chart is the image), so he would have a direction to channel his effort. He can't perform well and dedicate when he doesn't feel that what he's doing is important. Could you help me on this, if it won't be abusing your good will and patience?

Thank you very much for everything!

poyi

Premium Member
I will need to look further. I have not done much reading without the direct feedback from the chart's owner, it really make it difficult to get a sense with my gut feelings of what approach would be better. I have a look of his chart tomorrow again. It is a serious matter, so I should have good mental energy and focus to do that. I will give it a try tomorrow after work and rest.

I am reading these two books may also be interesting to you.

Vocations: The New Midheaven Extension Process by Noel Tyl

Planets in Therapy: Predictive Technique and the Art of Counseling by Greg Bogart

The first is about looking at what profession would be most suitable and most fulfilling to the person. The second book is very inspirational. It answers how we deal with difficult configurations and liberates from the restrictions by taking actions.

Ragged Robin

I will need to look further. I have not done much reading without the direct feedback from the chart's owner, it really make it difficult to get a sense with my gut feelings of what approach would be better. I have a look of his chart tomorrow again. It is a serious matter, so I should have good mental energy and focus to do that. I will give it a try tomorrow after work and rest.

I am reading these two books may also be interesting to you.

Vocations: The New Midheaven Extension Process by Noel Tyl

Planets in Therapy: Predictive Technique and the Art of Counseling by Greg Bogart

The first is about looking at what profession would be most suitable and most fulfilling to the person. The second book is very inspirational. It answers how we deal with difficult configurations and liberates from the restrictions by taking actions.
Thank you for the suggestions... I will surely keep note of them, but I don't think I will be reading these in the near future. Some books are hard to come by in this place, importing tends to cost more that I can pay, and, even having money, I don't know anyone that has a international credit card which could be used in the purchase. But this is not a problem, with the help of you knowledgeable fellows on this forum, and some effort and good will, we will do good! Thank you again! :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
For Career reading, we start from MC, but Sun, Moon, Ascendant, 2nd, 6th, 11th house, North node should be considered.

The reason why 2nd and 11th house needs to be considered as these showed how we accumulate money. 2nd house is earning through self effort, while 11th house is the 2nd house of 10th so earning through career. If a person is earning through speculation I would also consider 6th house, but 6th is already a house for job, daily works. North node is the direction of life.

So MC is Gemini mutable sign highly suggesting career path is also mutable lot of changes at work for sure in term of the people that you work with and communication flow. I also have the said AC and MC signs, which at work I see a lot of people, talking, verbal handover information face to face on the phone as well as through intranet and writing, documentation, filing paperwork, loads of communication involvement, always carrying pen and stationary around me that had to do with significant configuration of my Mercury.

So his Mercury is in Leo>Sun in Cancer>Moon in Sagittarius>Jupiter in Virgo>Mercury is in Leo. Very interestingly If I got the final dispositor right, Mercury should have the final say about his career. Is in the 11th house, does he do any computing thing or mercurial matter? Oh yer you said programmer, that will be it!!! 11th house is the house of Aquarius so also look at Uranus and the nature of humanitarian for Uranus and Aquarius work through the energy of Mercury in Leo.

North node is in the 4th house, can he do this kind of work at home? Mercury as the ruler of 10th house, already is part of the dispositor link with Sun and Moon, as well as Virgo ascendant that can be concluded as it is. Venus is the ruler of 2nd house also placed in 11th. 6th house is Aquarius.

Last edited:

Ragged Robin

For Career reading, we start from MC, but Sun, Moon, Ascendant, 2nd, 6th, 11th house, North node should be considered.

The reason why 2nd and 11th house needs to be considered as these showed how we accumulate money. 2nd house is earning through self effort, while 11th house is the 2nd house of 10th so earning through career. If a person is earning through speculation I would also consider 6th house, but 6th is already a house for job, daily works. North node is the direction of life.

So MC is Gemini mutable sign highly suggesting career path is also mutable lot of changes at work for sure in term of the people that you work with and communication flow. I also have the said AC and MC signs, which at work I see a lot of people, talking, verbal handover information face to face on the phone as well as through intranet and writing, documentation, filing paperwork, loads of communication involvement, always carrying pen and stationary around me that had to do with significant configuration of my Mercury.

So his Mercury is in Leo>Sun in Cancer>Moon in Sagittarius>Jupiter in Virgo>Mercury is in Leo. Very interestingly If I got the final dispositor right, Mercury should have the final say about his career. Is in the 11th house, does he do any computing thing or mercurial matter? Oh yer you said programmer, that will be it!!! 11th house is the house of Aquarius so also look at Uranus and the nature of humanitarian for Uranus and Aquarius work through the energy of Mercury in Leo.

North node is in the 4th house, can he do this kind of work at home? Mercury as the ruler of 10th house, already is part of the dispositor link with Sun and Moon, as well as Virgo ascendant that can be concluded as it is. Venus is the ruler of 2nd house also placed in 11th. 6th house is Aquarius.
Dear poyi, hello there!

I am too acquainted with people trying to stab me at all times (in the literal sense, in some instances) so I can't help but being marveled when someone do something like what you are doing now; it just is not the normal here, trust me. I am most thankful, believe me!

Now, about my friend. He's torn between Law and Computer Science; he was actually studying the former in the university, working in a good job that would put him in a land of opportunities, was acquainted with some "powerful" contacts in the area which respected him and would do the most to help him grown, and was offered two REAL nice jobs, at the same time; what he does? He quits! He just got out of the university, and the job. He told me he was afraid of becoming a bad professional ("another idiot buffoon branding a diploma"). He feels a strong pull towards the area, he also finds that his personal skills (comprehension, text production, good rhetoric etc.) appear perfectly fit to this area, and that he could do some important things by following with Law — things most needed in the country where we live. But he also says he would like the Computer Science course and programming, even this restricting many of his life possibilities. I think his original plan was studying Law on the university, working in the area, and studying CS and programming by himself only because he likes it. Anyway, he appears to be divided now.

So, would you say that programming is the area that most suits his personality, even when bearing Law in mind (being a lawyer, or judge, for instance)? Couldn't we take from Gemini the possibility of more than one area of expertise? In my limited vision, it appears to be that his tendency is going from the multiple to the unitary, to actually focusing in something (I mean... Moon/N. Node in Sagittarius) — and there will be tension here, as we can see in the opposition between MC and Moon. I don't know, but wouldn't Law suits better this connection of Mercury to Uranus and Saturn? I don't see how by programming he could fulfill this humanitarian aspect of his professional configuration. What do you think?

Again, thank you VERY much! :joyful:

poyi

Premium Member
The main principles with Gemini MC, as how he is right now, he will always have more than one career path and very well be doing both at once.

I have faith that people actually do have very good intuition of what they want in life. The entire chart, the entire planetary energy is his life force this life force will express it highest status through the MC. If you think of the angular house, 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th, the increased of numbers and equal increased of the importance. 1st is the seed and 4th as the root of a tree, 7th as the growth of life through working together, 10th is the flower and I would consider 11th house as the fruits of it's life force then the tree will die that is 12th house lost of self but back to the ground to the unity with the solid.

You don't need to worry about him too much. The process may be worrying and certain level of uncertainty with anxiety is very common and part of life. That's where all the ups and downs and fun really is. To enjoy the process of life you must see the darkness while approaching to the light. And so the cycle continue. In term of law he will need a very significant 9th house. I have not notice much of that so far.

Ragged Robin

The main principles with Gemini MC, as how he is right now, he will always have more than one career path and very well be doing both at once.

I have faith that people actually do have very good intuition of what they want in life. The entire chart, the entire planetary energy is his life force this life force will express it highest status through the MC. If you think of the angular house, 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th, the increased of numbers and equal increased of the importance. 1st is the seed and 4th as the root of a tree, 7th as the growth of life through working together, 10th is the flower and I would consider 11th house as the fruits of it's life force then the tree will die that is 12th house lost of self but back to the ground to the unity with the solid.

You don't need to worry about him too much. The process may be worrying and certain level of uncertainty with anxiety is very common and part of life. That's where all the ups and downs and fun really is. To enjoy the process of life you must see the darkness while approaching to the light. And so the cycle continue. In term of law he will need a very significant 9th house. I have not notice much of that so far.
Dear Po yi,

It's the first time I see the cycle of the twelve houses presented in this way; I like your analogy. See, both of us study Astrology, and he's also studying his chart and asking himself about it; he has also thought about the 9th house (and about not having planets in Libra) when deliberating about his career — he has also studied the chart of one of his idols, Samuel Johnson, which gave him an idea of what a "Law themed chart" would appear like. While he doesn't see how Computer Sciences "resonates" with the rest of his map, he also can't find Law there.

But I do disagree with him in this. I mean... while each profession has, maybe, what we could call "core energies", I think much of it changes from place — a lawyer is a lawyer everywhere, but it must be different to be one in Australia and one in North Korea or Bolivia... in these latter cases, things would be pretty hardcore; if one was to follow what he feels that's right and fought for it, he would be fighting for his own life in some instances. In places where the law tends to change to justify the acts of The Party (and not the other way around), I don't see many of the Libra manifestations taking place. In this environment, the one we have here, I think he could do well and do good things. Anyways, he's uncertain on this point, and therefore not directing his energies properly. He told me that he feels that he was given much in communication, in convincing and expressing his opinions; plus many philosophical interests that would be better suited to and deepened in Law. Dunno about other places, but HERE this area would provide many opportunities that he wouldn't find in any other — I am speaking about opportunities of getting acquainted with certain people, getting books, traveling so he could learn in other places etc. (You see, when Socialism rules, the State tends to devour everything, including professional possibilities; Law tends to become prominent.) Or maybe he's right. Maybe, as he thinks, maybe even while being able of succeeding in this area and doing some good stuff, he would be no better than the others, perhaps a little more clever (reading 20 books per year puts you 19 books ahead of most people here, and since their only idea of spending time tends to do with serious dissipation...), but nevertheless in the road to corruption and maybe tyranny.

See, I hope he will be so happy, but, also, one the things I fear most, for me and for anyone about whom I do care, is to become an example of those Walter Scott verses that go this way:
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust, from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonor'd, and unsung.

See, I have known him from sometime and know the kind of life he endured. I would like to see his Sun in 10th shine a little bit, for him some happy days. Even if the verses speak about the man he's afraid of become by the Law, by this or by anyway he chooses, I would be glad to see him realize his true potential, so he wouldn't die unsung.

I will talk to him and I am sure he will like to study all the information you have kindly presented. I am sure that this will help him getting the one thing he wants: that whatever he does, he does what he really wants, and that, be it as it may, he doesn't "die an idiot in the end" (his words).

poyi

Premium Member
The opportunity of true career path can be found through favorable progressions to assist the natal MC as well as the progressed MC. Draw up and natal chart with Progressions, and pay attention on the strength of the ruler of progression MC. It will really enlighten what is going on. Natal chart shows natal promises, rather one has the chance to pursue will base on the large cycle of Progressions. The way to analyze progressed chart is basically the same but the timing as Large Cycle of life path.

Ragged Robin

One of our member Alice she is professional astrologer. This is an article on her site. Very valuable information from modern astrology way on assessing a chart for career.

http://aliceportman.com/your-career-in-your-natal-chart/
This IS a nice resource, indeed. Let me see...

The flow would start on his MC (in Gemini) and then to Gemini's ruler, Mercury, located in Leo on 11th; from there, to Sun in Cancer on 10th, to Moon in Sagittarius on 4th, to Jupiter in Virgo on 12th. His oriental planet being Mars (Venus conjuncts the sun, by the way), he would be one of "those who have strong drive and a competitive nature", according to Alice; moon will have much focus: opposes MC and is angular; it also stressing the importance of the first planet it goes over after birth: Uranus (in Capricorn on 4th).

I can't see programming here (probably due to my lack of deepness). It feels more like teaching to me. But, depending of where he would be teaching, this would show of on 9th as well.

The sabian symbol to his MC is interesting to the idea of teaching:

Phase 85 (Gemini 25º) A gardener trimming large palm trees.
Keynote: Bringing under control nature's power of expansion.

Well, we have much to work upon! It will take sometime but we still have some months.

Again, thank you very much.