Musical potential?

26degrees

When I was a little kid, I always had dreams of being a singer. As years went on, I became more and more afraid to sing in front of people. I do believe that I have a strong singing voice, but I'm so afraid of singing in front of others because I'm afraid of messing up and being imperfect. Does my chart show musical potential, and why am I so hard on myself?

Attachments

• mynatalchart.jpg
    mynatalchart.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 36

StillOne

Well you certainly have an interesting chart! I would say that music could work for you due to having Taurus on the Midheaven (MC) which is ruled by artsy Venus. However, I would also think that a Taurus midheaven may want something more solid and definite.

On further examination we find your Venus in the 11th house in sensitive Cancer. Furthermore it receives a challenging square from Mars. This may be why you feel hesitant using these facets of yourself. There's a difficulty for you to express (mars) your venusian nature.

In examining your Mars we find some very interesting things in my opinion... It is the apex of a very large aspect pattern that I don't recall the name of. It looks like a diamond and has 5 sides to it. We find it very symmetrical. Mars is also the Apex of a Yod.

I think further examination of this structure will reveal much and ultimately may help in your pursuit of Singing. Why do I say so? Well, the apex of a yod can hold much potential and it pointing to Mars may hold much power and drive especially being in Aries. Also, your Venus isn't all lost due to the challenging aspects since it receives quite a bit of supporting aspects too! They just need to be recognized. :smile:

StillOne

Well, being intrigued by aspect patterns I decided to take a look now that I'm home from work.

Turns out that according to Huber Astrology, this figure is two aspect patterns in one. You have what they call a "cradle" and an "achievement triangle" (read: T-Square).

The cradle is motivated towards stability and security, it is a very stable structure. Like a baby's cradle, it provides a safe refuge where the individual can snuggle down in the safety and comfort of the blue aspects. The red opposition acts as a protective barrier, behind which the person can hide. With two small talent triangles (minor grand trines) as part of this figure, the talent is there to be tapped into and developed. The person, however, has to overcome their fear of falling out of the cradle into the opposite empty area of the chart (which for you would be the "achievement triangle" area. Their task is to leave the security of the cradle, go into the "empty" space and creatively express their inherent talent.
source: aspect patterns in colour by joyce hopewell

An achievement triangle is a mutable, adaptable figure, but it's key function is achievement through purposeful work. it has the capacity to work tirelessly because the aspects are red, and it can adapt to changing situations, moving with the flow of events yet remaining charged with cardinal "doing" energy. the opposition acts as a store for this energy, holding it in readiness, like a well-charged battery. energy can be discharged and released along the two squares, but the planet at the apex of this figure is key, indicating where the achievement is directed, and what planetary principle is involved. this is the outlet where the energy, work, efficiency and achievement is expressed.
source: same as prev quote

So as you see, Mars is a very important planet for you to research :sideways:

26degrees

Well, being intrigued by aspect patterns I decided to take a look now that I'm home from work.

Turns out that according to Huber Astrology, this figure is two aspect patterns in one. You have what they call a "cradle" and an "achievement triangle" (read: T-Square).

source: aspect patterns in colour by joyce hopewell

source: same as prev quote

So as you see, Mars is a very important planet for you to research :sideways:

Wow, thank you for your response, I had never heard about the cradle before. I hadn't really read in depth about Mars before either, and its influence in my chart and its relationship with Venus. You're right, I do have a pretty unique chart now that I look at it, with several planets in the signs that they rule. :) Thanks so much, I 'm going to look into this more! :)