Thoughts on Magi Society Synastry Aspects?

Icplanets

Hello Looking for Jupiter
I dont think its ok for anyone here to talk about anything, that they cant back up.
Look, we are all not perfect and I know I for one make mistakes on a regular basis. For me it’s not about having to be absolutely correct with everything you say, it’s that you are making the effort to make an informed post. As I had posted earlier to Kaiousei no Senshi, I’m most interested in conversing with those who demonstrate an earnestness and a genuine interest in the topic. I felt coffee had a genuine interest and openness, so I replied. Moulin and Sven are serious students and I have all the time in the world for them. If there is misinformation, and I have more correct information I will tend to refute or re-direct the mis-informed post. There are others who have spewed rhetoric and contributed nothing and I, for one, choose to ignore them.
The whole of astrology has roots....something that seems to be ignored.
Looking for Jupiter, I will say I disagree with that thought. IMHO I feel the astrological community has spent way too much time fiddling with outdated methodology. Ask your physician how much medicine has carried over form the 1920’s, ask an psychologist how much psychology has carried over from the 1920’s, ask an evolutionary theorist how much that discipline has changed since Darwin, ask an astronomer how much of their work is the same since Neptune was discovered, I could go on and on, but you will find most of those disciplines carry over way less than 10% of the earlier knowledge. And most of these scientific realms seem to be able to transition much easier than the astrological community, when new and better methodologies are introduced. We are indeed in a unique situation with astrology in that it is an ancient discipline and more carriers over with us than with others. However, IMHO we attached to way too much that has been replaced with better ideas.
In the interest of keeping people on there toes and so people are not just finding bits of astrology to fit in with what they want to see, I think it is important to question each other and our methodology.
I think questions are great. We were all new to astrology at one time. If I can help point someone in the right direction, I will. I’m not so keen on the people who want to be spoon fed and don’t want to put in the time to get at least a base, a foot hold so to speak, with the subject area being discussed.
I actually think this is a very grown up discussion.
I do to.

Cheers,
Kevin

You sound like you know what you are talking about, and have made choices in your beliefs that have obviously come from some investigation. Your words hold weight. Hopefully you know where I am coming from........

cheers
Kylie

tsquare

Icplanets,

(mouth drops open)
Well this looks intersting....:)...
First I have come across this......
The use of
[SIZE=-1]Declinations looks very interesting allthough I am not to sure as to what they are or how they are used.
Why have I never heard of this before and why are you here now, when I know absolutely nothing on this?(laughs)
I wouldn't mind being able to fomulate a decent question.

Ok..
How about the new books, how are they comming along, any word on a release date?
Those look interesting since they are to contain some new data on Chiron and heliocentric astrology.

I'm not sure what to make of it.....
I cast a heliocentric chart in astro earlier today just to get a look at it...it was my natal,
mars conj. uranus in scorpio, venus conj. chiron. in aries......everything is so differnet(laughs)....mercury in gem trine jupiterin libra.

How much can be told from a simple natal chart done in heliocentric.....?
Alot of what is on the sight seems to deal with synastry charts with the use of
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Declinations.

One of the main reasons I started to look into astrology had to do with understanding it's influence, which seems to me to be somewhat material, somewhat immaterial, the body being material, and somehow modifying the psychology of an individual. through odd inmaterial ways.....it seems to be the forefront of the psychology of the individual, but this throws in questions of free will, and determenism, also karma, and responsibility....which all seem to be awarenesses of individuals...and even have higher harmonics.
i have avoided nearly everything but natal, trying to find a basic workable theory as to which subltle body astrology effects, and the why and how, mainly the how, Karma is a fuzzy word......I cant help but notice that astrology does somehow effect DNA, and genetics, I want to say through a subtle body somewhat...

I have had OOBS, (out of body experiences), while not under the use of drugs, or any type of shocking experience, While awake, aware, while walking the street, and in the past, have wanted to tie these up somewhat with astrology, being that astrology may have been an influence, mabie the alighnment of energies making it possible to "wiggle" up and out of the body and it's fields, Recall is fuzzy in me as far as pinpointing a specific date, time is no problem of it's occurance, it was at 10:30 roughly, but the date is tough.(laugh)
It's a rough area in memory...being there were large variations in time subjective and otherwise...lots of intersting things....

I was wondering what Magi Astro. had to offer as far as possibly the balancing of energies or working on energies. If it would be much I would possibly pursue the subject as a study......I have a distaste for the fatalistic viewpoint of some astrology and have wanted to lean more towards the study of transformational astrology. I see fate as the awareness that subawareness agreements determine the future, and that in a way that leaves out the aspect of free will......I realize that there is a subconscious, yet in bringing the subconscious to the concious awareness...funny things happen, will is oft returned, and some agreements are no longer...

I see reality as basically agreement, and agreement as one of the basic causes of reality, and not only subjective.
Therefore I see subawareness agreements as agreements that one has oft forgotten one has made or one has made and even broken....and therin lies the bad karma....or good karma of an individual.
subawareness agreements that are interacting by "inpercieveable" fields, creating what we often experience as attraction or repulsion.....or even perception modified by the subconcious......Creating our "destiny"
and that is where I usually get lost.

I have seen fields arround bodies before, I have also modified them at will, at know, while exterior to them as an awareness, changed things arround, never been able to do it inside, but astrology often seems so hardwired, as if these things are fixed and that the moment of some things inception seems to define the basic charectoristics it will have till it's demise or end....it is very finite, semingly.

So....yeah...I was wondering what type of remedies are available through Magi Astro, karmic or otherwise, and if you have been able to pinpoint specific days when things like "meditation" would be more benificial or effective.
Tibetan Astrology looks intersting as far as remedies but wouldn't know where to begin there as well.

Thanks,:)
Tsquare

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PS:Hope I haven't ran this off in a different dirrection,
If this is fairly off topic I will pull it.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
On the contrary. Magi Astrology works exceptionally well with electional, event and mundane astrology, as you will see from the examples on the Magi Society web site.
How though? Without houses, it becomes impossible as much of the symbolism is lost, with very little ability to differentiate between one thing or the other. I can guess a couple of ways this might work out, but that's about all they are.

However, I am way too busy to bother with hole-poking.
This translates to "I don't hold up well under scrutiny"... moving on.

There are others who have spewed rhetoric and contributed nothing and I, for one, choose to ignore them.

I'm getting the feeling that you don't think I'm a serious astrology student, for some reason. I read something and voiced my problems with it, I didn't realize this didn't constitute a serious student... Your usage of the word "rhetoric" also seems to suggest a level of automatic superiority of your views when compared to others.

I assure you with the highest of confidence that when the Magi were reviewing the results of their house system research; they were not endeavoring to upset you or anyone else. Clearly, the traditionalist astrologers considered such talk blasphemous and labeled the Magi Society heretics. The reaction reminded me very much of the fable "The Emperor has no Clothes."

I never considered they would be purposefully trying to get a reaction out of people, and ultimately it is their choice of what they do or do not want to do. I just find it difficult to swallow that houses can be thrown out and no one seems to bat an eye, disregarding several thousands of years of house signfication development. Apparently they thought they were important, but nowadays, not so much?

Absolutely not true. The Magi have discovered symbolisms for Ceres, Vesta, and Pallas as well.

Awesome, thanks, will certainly look into that. :)

This is analogous to telling your doctor you have absolutely no interest in a medication’s efficacy and ability to cure what ails you, rather you are only interested in medicine you can grow in your back yard.

This is a very bad analogy. Using heliocentric astrology is like living in the United States and driving on the side of the road as they do in Japan and England. Those traffic laws have nothing to do with the ones of your country. The astrological laws of a solar-based chart are not similar to those of a terrestial-based chart. You suffer from 'carry-over' astrology, which doesn't seem to add up.

Those are things that most people don't really think about, which is understandable. I would be interested in seeing more things concerning heliocentric astrology, but I think I'll just stay in my 'protective bubble' of traditional astrology and move on with my decumbiture studies.

Kaiousei no Senshi, I teach and tutor many students in Magi Astrology methodology and I will tell you in an overwhelming amount of circumstances that people who were originally exposed to traditional astrology, western astrology, vedic astrology, classical astrology etc...do not have the ability to fully embrace Magi Astrology until they have gotten to the point where they have found that the system they are using is lacking. If you do not feel the astrological system you are using is lacking, then I highly recommend you keep on doing exactly what you are doing, and run as fast and far away from Magi Astrology as you can, it will only disturb your peace of mind. If at some point in the future you find your system lacking, you might want to come back and investigate the Magi Astrology way, perhaps you will find something of value then.

Thanks for answering my questions by the way, and Magi astrology probably would have been much more fascinating to me two years ago when I went through that phase. However, now I personally don't see much in it, so I'm judging it's not for me, which is just fine. :)

Thanks again!

What if I jumped into some horary thread, saying: "I don't really believe Mars could say where your lost scissors are. I thinkg it is stupid. And how could possibly the Descendent point to where your boyfriend is?"

(Or whatever - like I say, I have not studied horary.)
Well I am not perfect, and I will admit when I am wrong(most of the time anyway:D), but I can certainly back up with history, the things I believe about the methodology of horary.....so thats what I would tell you if you jumped into a horary thread.....and guess what...you'd probably learn something too.....
(and your always welcome to sven)

I guess I have this idea that people get defensive, when they dont have a clue why they believe what they believe, and thats what got me to post on this thread....I know I do....and then I have to shrink back into my hole and do some more investigation or just shut up. Icplanets, gets my kudos here, as he seems to be able to back up what he is saying although, it doesnt interest me much....and thats fine......

I am not spoiling for an arguement here, but no wonder astrology is seen by all my friends (the handful that I have) as a load of rubbish......do you get what I mean....

I hope you learn whatever it is you want to learn here on this thread, no hard feelings I hope.....(us aussies and kiwis have always been close buddies havent we? lol)

kylie

allergy to stupidity
....well get your antihistamine out, cos there is lots of it around....

I am sorry if you feel i am taking the mickey here.....i am sure your studies have been very thorough, and you also deserve kudos, but i would just think twice before sticking up for someone elses studies ;)

As for getting irritated....well glad to see I am not the only one....

Please enjoy your discussion

Moulin

Looking to Jupiter said:
As for getting irritated....well glad to see I am not the only one....

Please enjoy your discussion

LOL!
What is irritating you, Kylie?

Thank you, we will enjoy our discussion of other people's 'studies'

nothing is irritating me at the moment really moulin, i was just referring to svens comment of getting irritated at times...its refreshing to know I am not the only one...thats all:)

Moulin

I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you Kylie, but l think you'll find that the whole world suffers from 'irritation' of some form or another :rolleyes:

Looking to Jupiter said:
nothing is irritating me at the moment really moulin, i was just referring to svens comment of getting irritated at times...its refreshing to know I am not the only one...thats all:)

Svencanz said:
Now a drum roll - for something completely different...

Sven reveals his most successful marketing trick of all time.. :eek:
(I was never after kudos, just the money.)

What really helped me build up a successful astrology practise, was to offer a full money back guarantee. Some people are hesitant about astrology; some people are hesitant about me (for good reason.)
By telling them that I'll do the reading without them handing over money; that they can choose whether they want to pay afterwards, things went much easier.
Out of those 3000 clients, 3 did not pay. One of those readings I terminated during it, as the woman was so blocked in her head she gave ME a migraine. The migraine lifted five minutes after she had gone. I remember she was planning to become a cop - I sincerely hope she was not accepted.

Sven

ive done the same with tarot.....too scared of my own abilities.....ended up getting a "donation" on every person i ever "practiced" on......
this is so not the right place for this discussion though....(tim please just delete, i dont want it moved)....but i cant pm this stuff so, what am i to do?

Moulin

well, no.
Hiding is for pussy's... to be truthful. I never hide from anything; especially not myself. I only want to learn everything once, you see?
Magi is the same way... it doesn't hide either :)

Do l detect your old self starting to emerge again? :eek:

Looking to Jupiter said:
durr!, but some of us HAVE to hide it in certain places.....ya get what I am saying?

tsquare

Hi T-square,

Sven butting in here. You have a really valid question there; I, too, have had some pretty far out experiences, and I have looked at the astro for that after starting with astro. For some of the wierdest experiences, I unfortunately do not have date or time.
I'll tell of one example: while out walking dog, I stopped to pick up a small branch for throwing for dog; as I did this, a huge branch (about 100 kg) broke and dropped down on space where I would have been, had I not stopped.
Coming home, I found this took place exactly when t Pluto was exact t-square :eek: my natal Mars-Venus opp, with Asc movements being trigger.
Spooky, huh?

By studying helio, you are essentially getting another angle on the same object, much in the same way that a big 18-wheeler truck will look different from different perspectives. There are also some slight differences in 'flavour' with the Magi, I blieved, saying helio is especially valuable for financial predictions... from memory.
However, there are other completely different schools of astrology that use helio for specific "lines of inquiry" - but I won't mention those here.
Part of the beauty with astrology, is every astrologer can build their own tool kit, so to speak; and to start deciphering "far out" experiences you might well want to start with a broad tool kit, then narrowing it down to what really works for you as your experience grows.

Sven

This makes sence to me, it is too bad I don't have the date, I may be able to get it some time in the future, when the area starts to unravel and straitin out in recall.....it will be fun to see what transits were taking place at that time.
I hate to even think this was just a one time deal though simply caused by some planetary alighnment....if so i feel slightly robbed.(laugh)
It wasn't so much a far out experience, it was as natural as breathing, probably even more so, that is why it is so odd to me...everything I come across as far as OOBS is always so dramatic and negative where people freak out after them or something odd happens..or often people are sleeping when they hapen then they wake up..thats the other one....so I don't know what to think about it anymore...

So I tend to leave my calling card whereever I go, Call me if you know of OOBS and astrology, not boobs and astrology.(laugh)
Finding data isn't hard, it is turning it into information that can be tricky.....it's like walking into a blizzard of google while I have time.

This wouldn't be my only reason for looking into Magi Astro. I have grown to like the subject of astro in general, and have often been suprised by it, I must admidt at times slightly taken aback and disturbed....

About the big old 18 Wheeler you speak of, I can see that, but can not comment much. I wish I knew more on this, but I am not much for rote memorization or know about, and that is what it would take to have a chat at this time, mabie later.:)

Thanks for the reply, Cheers,
Tsquare

Icplanets

Hi tsquare

(mouth drops open) Well this looks intersting....:)...
First I have come across this......The use of
[SIZE=-1]Declinations looks very interesting allthough I am not to sure as to what they are or how they are used.[/SIZE]
You can download the first 14 chapters of the “Love and Money” at http://magiastrology.com/
(near the bottom of the home page underneath the picture of the book’s cover) it has a primer on declinations in chapter 7 and it expands on their use in Magi Astrology.
[SIZE=-1]

Why have I never heard of this before and why are you here now,
While I have occasionally visited this forum in the past, I was invited to participate by another member. My expertise is Magi Astrology and not to sound too singularly focused, but I really do not have the time or interest to participate in any other subject matter. I was pointed to this thread by my dear friend, and I thought I had something to contribute.
Ok..How about the new books, how are they comming along, any word on a release date? Those look interesting since they are to contain some new data on Chiron and heliocentric astrology.
Not sure exactly what you a referring to….the Magi Society books are all out of print, but all can be acquired on the used market. They are all quite desirable and fetch a good price. Their third book, “Love and Money,” as referenced above, has the Chiron information. I’m not aware of plans to publish any new books. Most new info will be decimated on the website.

I'm not sure what to make of it.....I cast a heliocentric chart in astro earlier today just to get a look at it...it was my natal, mars conj. uranus in scorpio, venus conj. chiron. in aries......everything is so differnet(laughs)....mercury in gem trine jupiterin libra.How much can be told from a simple natal chart done in heliocentric.....?
I think Sven was able to handle that for you in his post
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
I was wondering what Magi Astro. had to offer as far as possibly the balancing of energies or working on energies. If it would be much I would possibly pursue the subject as a study......
I think you will find that this methodology has the potential to facilitate what you want to do, but you will need to be patient and work through the more pragmatic levels and develop proficiency to get there.
I have a distaste for the fatalistic viewpoint of some astrology and have wanted to lean more towards the study of transformational astrology. I see fate as the awareness that subawareness agreements determine the future, and that in a way that leaves out the aspect of free will......I realize that there is a subconscious, yet in bringing the subconscious to the concious awareness...funny things happen, will is oft returned, and some agreements are no longer...
I think you will find the Magi philosophy more in keeping with your own thoughts. The Magi do not believe in fate. We believe that every soul is born with free will and you always have the opportunity to make a different choice. And, we believe God answers prayers. Put those two together and the concept of fate is incompatible.
So....yeah...I was wondering what type of remedies are available through Magi Astro, karmic or otherwise, and if you have been able to pinpoint specific days when things like "meditation" would be more benificial or effective.
Days with Sun, Moon, and Earth in applying enhancement aspects with Jupiter, work very well for meditation. You want very close orbs for the optimal experience, usually within a day of the aspect being exact. Also, time periods when transiting Jupiter is applying to natal Saturn at any 30 degree angle, although enhancement angles are more powerful, tend to be very helpful for increased spiritual awareness and expanded consciousness.

Best of luck to you on your journey,
Kevin
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

tsquare

You can download the first 14 chapters of the “Love and Money” at http://magiastrology.com/
(near the bottom of the home page underneath the picture of the book’s cover) it has a primer on declinations in chapter 7 and it expands on their use in Magi Astrology.
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
Downloading.

[SIZE=-1]While I have occasionally visited this forum in the past, I was invited to participate by another member. My expertise is Magi Astrology and not to sound too singularly focused, but I really do not have the time or interest to participate in any other subject matter. I was pointed to this thread by my dear friend, and I thought I had something to contribute. [/SIZE]
Thank you for sharing. I was simply poking fun at myself not knowing how to properly formulate a question on Magi. Astrology. Haha.

[SIZE=-1]Not sure exactly what you a referring to….the Magi Society books are all out of print, but all can be acquired on the used market. They are all quite desirable and fetch a good price. Their third book, “Love and Money,” as referenced above, has the Chiron information. I’m not aware of plans to publish any new books. Most new info will be decimated on the website. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]From here,
[/SIZE]

http://www.magisociety.com/index.html

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Near the bottom of the page under --Information about Magi Society--.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Astrology Really Works!
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](first printing: July 1995)[/SIZE]
COMPLETELY
SOLD OUT!

[SIZE=-1]
All printings of this book are completely sold out and the Magi Society has reacquired the publishing rights to this book from the original publishing company. The book contains secrets of Magi Astrology not available anywhere else, not even on this website. The book has become a classic. Used copies of this book are available on the Internet and some specialty bookstores. At this time, we have no intention of reprinting this book because the book did not include Chiron or heliocentric astrology. Officers and members of the Magi Society are writing a new book (that includes Chiron and heliocentric astrology) to replace this book and we will publish the new book at a future time when the stars are right. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]The Magi Society Ephemeris Including Secrets of Magi Astrology
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](first printing: November 1996)[/SIZE]
COMPLETELY
SOLD OUT!

[SIZE=-1] This book has also become a classic but here also, the Magi Society has no plans to reprint it because this book did not include Chiron or heliocentric data. However, the book did include 100 pages of text that revealed secrets of Magi Astrology not available from any other source. Used copies of this book are also available on the Internet and specialty bookstores. [/SIZE]

Something to look forward to whenever that may be.

[SIZE=-1]I think you will find that this methodology has the potential to facilitate what you want to do, but you will need to be patient and work through the more pragmatic levels and develop proficiency to get there.[/SIZE]
Ok.

[SIZE=-1]I think you will find the Magi philosophy more in keeping with your own thoughts. The Magi do not believe in fate. We believe that every soul is born with free will and you always have the opportunity to make a different choice. And, we believe God answers prayers. Put those two together and the concept of fate is incompatible.[/SIZE]
Ahhh...

[SIZE=-1]Days with Sun, Moon, and Earth in applying enhancement aspects with Jupiter, work very well for meditation. You want very close orbs for the optimal experience, usually within a day of the aspect being exact. Also, time periods when transiting Jupiter is applying to natal Saturn at any 30 degree angle, although enhancement angles are more powerful, tend to be very helpful for increased spiritual awareness and expanded consciousness.

Best of luck to you on your journey,
Kevin
[/SIZE]

Interesting, I will keep this in mind. Thank you.:)
I had thought neptune would possibly be more an influence, and was looking forward to a upcoming time when I have transiting neptune sextile natal neptune,--transiting neptune trine pluto conj mars-- transiting neptune trine natal venus--

Overall, Magi Astro. is something I will have to look into at a future time.
I most deffinatly will take a further look.
It does seems it would take some dedicated study to use it effectively.
Interesting and informitive, and I'll be sure to read through the E-book.
Thank you for your time, Cheers:)
Tsquare

Moulin

Magi really is so amazing... I just did the synastry of myself with my 1st true love. I still am not totally over him, sort of like a saturn bond there.

Anyway, in our Geo synastry alone we have:
saturn conjunct venus
venus square saturn
chiron opposes jupiter
uranus opposes chiron
chiron trine neptune
saturn quincunx pluto
mars opposes saturn
saturn trine AC
chiron contra mars
chiron contra saturn
uranus parallel chiron
saturn contra mars
chiron parallel saturn

amazing... l think now l realise not only why it didn't work but also maybe why l still am unable to completely get over it. I'm 'captivated' - is that the right term?

:)

Icplanets

Hi Moulin,

I don’t think that the Saturn is producing that kind of lingering fondness; that can’t release the love feeling. I’d say the Chiron trine Neptune is the primary culprit. Unlike Venus-Neptune it doesn’t reflect that instant romantic chemistry. Yet, Neptune-Chiron is far more formidable as it keeps gaining strength over time. It generates a never ending love. Neptune-Chiron is just like planting an oak tree, it takes a little time for it to mature, but once it does it gets more beautiful and glorious with each passing year.

With just the combination of Saturn and Uranus aspects that you shared, there was such a dichotomy of “urge to be free” verses “urge to control “energies, it would have been a very tough row to hoe over the long term. But that doesn’t mean the love goes away. My guess is that he’ll always maintain a condo in the corner of your heart.

Cheers,
Kevin

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Kevin

Is it just the chiron neptune or chiron venus that brings out 'love' feelings? I too am curious about this 'captivation' saturn situation that I just read about on the Magi website.

Here are the major aspects between me and this man I seem to be quite enamoured with.
He is listed first, and most exact are first as well

Saturn conjunct Sun exact
Saturn square moon
North node conjunct Sun
Venus parallel moon
Neptune trine Moon
Neptune trine Mars
Neptune oppose Juno
jupiter conjunct Uranus
Jupiter trine Sun
Jupiter conjunct Asc
Pluto and Uranus oppose Mars
Sun, Mars and Venus square my Pluto
Sun, Mars square my Chiron
Sun, Mars and Moon trine my Saturn
Mars inconjunct my Neptune
Juno oppose my sun and square my moon
Oh, and his Sun is exactly on my Ceres...(now that Ceres is officially a planet...wonder if Magi will start using it?)

So, we have no positive Chiron between us, except his parallels my mercury,. but the rest are squares.

I'm wondering about the whole Juno thing, since his Neptune does exactly oppose my Juno. And about the Saturn thing, since its the closest aspect we have. I do feel captivated...sort of like I'm in jail actually.

I'm wondering if the Saturn thing is holding us together. The chemistry is dynamite..obviously with all those pluto squares and mars oppositions, but there has to be some sort of romantic loving feeling as well. Could that be the Neptune stuff??

AND, what about the composite chart? What if one does have all those great chiron aspects that way? In our composite we have
Chiron trine Neptune
Chiron parallel Jupiter
Chiron sextile Venus
It's also conjunct Saturn by 5 degrees

any thoughts?
thanks
barbh

Last edited:

Moulin

wow Barbh

Are ALL those aspects within 3 degrees and are all the declinations within 1.2?

I guess you are only looking at a geo chart there? :)