Finding your ideal mate in your chart

LovelyMissAries

I read somewhere (I believe it was "Bob Mark's Astrology" website -but I cannot find the same passage I read) that said to find out your ideal mate, you turn your chart upside down. I did this, but am not sure if I did it correctly and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I attached my actual natal chart below, what I've wrote HERE is NOT my chart. It is the theoretical "upside down" chart.

First house (or Asc) is in Sagittarius
Second house - Capricorn
Third - Aquarius
Fourth - Pisces
Fifth - Aries
Sixth - Taurus
Seventh - Gemini
Eighth - Cancer
Ninth - Leo
Tenth - Virgo
Eleventh - Libra
Twelfth - Scorpio

Now as far as houses go, I believe it'd be like this:

Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Libra in the 4th house
Moon in Scorpio in the 5th house
Mars and Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 6th house
Saturn, Uranus, Neptune in Gemini in the 1st house
Pluto in Taurus in the 11th house.

Is that the correct way to turn one's chart upside down? It sounds simple but when drawing it out is a little confusing to me.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous_he.81542.27020.gif
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous_he.81542.27020.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I read somewhere (I believe it was "Bob Mark's Astrology" website -but I cannot find the same passage I read) that said to find out your ideal mate, you turn your chart upside down. I did this, but am not sure if I did it correctly and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I attached my chart below, but I'm not sure the one I configured is correct so I'll list what I have:

First house (or Asc) is in Sagittarius
Second house - Capricorn
Third - Aquarius
Fourth - Pisces
Fifth - Aries
Sixth - Taurus
Seventh - Gemini
Eighth - Cancer
Ninth - Leo
Tenth - Virgo
Eleventh - Libra
Twelfth - Scorpio

Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Pisces in the 4th house
Moon in Aries in the 5th house
Mars and Jupiter in Taurus in the 6th house
Saturn, Uranus, Neptune in Sagittarius in the 1st house
Pluto in Libra in the 11th house.

Is that the correct way to turn one's chart upside down? It sounds simple but when drawing it out is a little confusing to me.

Interesting idea! Most of the astrology I have read (and I am no expert) states that the 7th house ruler and the 5th house rulers are important in relationships. Can you confirm whether the chart you posted is your natal chart or is it an 'upside-down chart'?

LovelyMissAries

Interesting idea! Most of the astrology I have read (and I am no expert) states that the 7th house ruler and the 5th house rulers are important in relationships. Can you confirm whether the chart you posted is your natal chart or is it an 'upside-down chart'?

Oh the chart I posted is my natal chart indeed. I'm not so much an expertise yet to be able to graph an upside down chart on the computer!!

Element

I think there may be some merit to this but my Leo Venus would never stand for a girl with Venus in Aquarius. I need passion in a girl. :biggrin:

JUPITERASC

Oh the chart I posted is my natal chart indeed. I'm not so much an expertise yet to be able to graph an upside down chart on the computer!!

OK fair enough! Well looking at your chart your fifth house has Venus on the cusp and your natal Venus is in conjunction with Sun and Mercury in 10th house. So your career could somehow be linked with your mate, possibly. I'm no expert, just some ideas! :smile:

LovelyMissAries

OK fair enough! Well looking at your chart your fifth house has Venus on the cusp and your natal Venus is in conjunction with Sun and Mercury in 10th house. So your career could somehow be linked with your mate, possibly. I'm no expert, just some ideas! :smile:

I could see that! For some reason, I only get along with guys in the work place. Outside of it they seem intimidated by me and disinterested. I have a question though... what if I used the Koch house system instead, my planets would be in a different house that might alter the interpretation entirely. How do you know which house systems work best?

LovelyMissAries

I think there may be some merit to this but my Leo Venus would never stand for a girl with Venus in Aquarius. I need passion in a girl. :biggrin:

LOL I have had enough experiences with Aquarius to know there is DEF some passion in there. Just start talking politics, she'll be undressing in no time and you'll get your rocks off from the heated, dramatic arguing.

Okay, so by upside down they mean just the opposing signs? Because I thought the instructions were to completely reverse planet and house placements as well. I don't know how I'd do with a Libra/Taurus combo. Might suit my fancy just fine but that seems so ...refined...so stuffy.

JUPITERASC

I could see that! For some reason, I only get along with guys in the work place. Outside of it they seem intimidated by me and disinterested. I have a question though... what if I used the Koch house system instead, my planets would be in a different house that might alter the interpretation entirely. How do you know which house systems work best?

this is a long-running debate! For an example, here's what I posted just a day or so ago:
There are so many paradoxes Endymion09! This link explains that there are over forty House Systems, so basically, depending on the particular House System chosen your planets appear in varying houses! So one House System shows your Sun and Mercury in 9th House, whereas another shows your Sun and Mercury in the 10th house! Neither is 'right or wrong' both can work - you can choose the House System that 'works best for you' http://nashvillepsychics.blogspot.com/2010/12/tangled-web-of-astrological-house.html
and
Here's a link to a recent thread on the subject http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25319 :smile: just use the one that 'works' best for you - each astrologer has their favorite house system http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36069

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

this is a long-running debate! Here's a link to a recent thread on the subject http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25319 :smile: just use the one that 'works' best for you - each astrologer has their favorite house system

Thanks!

Do you know anything about descendants (or have a link on such?) I'm not sure what purpose it serves. I know the 7th house is partnerships and open enemies, but how does the Descendent figure in with all of that?

JUPITERASC

Thanks!

Do you know anything about descendants (or have a link on such?) I'm not sure what purpose it serves. I know the 7th house is partnerships and open enemies, but how does the Descendent figure in with all of that?

Your 7th ruler is Jupiter (in Taurus {corrrection Gemini} so ruled by Mercury, which is in 10th house conjunct Sun) and Jupiter in Gemini is conjunct Mars in Taurus{correction Gemini!} (also ruled by Venus {correction Mercury!} in 10th) here's some reading on that from the education thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17099 as for links on descendants, check it out on google, here's one link that could interest you http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

Your 7th ruler is Jupiter (in Taurus so ruled by Venus, which is in 10th house) and also conjunct Mars in Taurus (also ruled by Venus in 10th) Since Venus rules Taurus and Mars rules Aries, then Venus and Mars are in 'mutual reception' here's some reading on that from the education thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17099 as for links on descendants, check it out on google, here's one link that could interest you http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

Ooops I think I must've been confusing in my post! All of that which I listed is the result of me trying to turn my chart upside down. My Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini sitting in the 12th house. Mars is also in Gemini in the 12th house. I posted MY natal chart but listed the chart I haphazardly drew up! Sorry about that. :)

JUPITERASC

Ooops I think I must've been confusing in my post! All of that which I listed is the result of me trying to turn my chart upside down. My Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini sitting in the 12th house. Mars is also in Gemini in the 12th house. I posted MY natal chart but listed the chart I haphazardly drew up! Sorry about that. :)

upside down charts? definitely confusing!! OK delete what I said re: Jupiter so far and replace it with Jupiter in Gemini is ruled by Mercury in Aries in 10th... so 7th is also linked to career, perhaps your ideal mate is also your business partner?

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

upside down charts? definitely confusing!! OK delete what I said re: Jupiter so far and replace it with Jupiter in Gemini is ruled by Mercury in Aries in 10th... so 7th is also linked to career, perhaps your ideal mate is also your business partner?

Most likely. I really don't date much as I'm too picky and practicing being more realistic in my expectations of people. Is there any way to tell what sign I'm most compatible with based on my aspects and/or signs?

Horus

Most likely. I really don't date much as I'm too picky and practicing being more realistic in my expectations of people. Is there any way to tell what sign I'm most compatible with based on my aspects and/or signs?

Yes!
For a Man's chart, you look to his 7th cusp sign, the 7th cusp ruler sign, his Venus and Moon signs.
For a woman's chart you look to her 7th cusp sign, the the cusp ruler sign, her Mars sign and Sun sign. These are the traits she is looking for in a mate.

For you Sag. is #1 as opposites attract (ASC/DSC) and it trines Aries nicely too. A partner's late Sag. planets and Capricorn planets will fall into your 7th house so you will see them as a partner in synastry . Late Libra and Scorpio planets will fall in your 5th house of romance. Cap and Aqua planets will fall in your sex house. Virgo and Libra planets in your 4th make them seem familiar or comfortable.

You are supposed to get over being picky and overly critical -that's your Virgo South Node which you need to overcome in this life. Be more like Pisces (your North Node) -easier going , have a little faith that it will all work out for the best and that you'll learn something. And learn something you must for you have relationship karma -Saturn in the 7th sq. Venus. You must figure out what that lesson is or Saturn will negatively impact your lovelife. Tip: Saturn likes fidelity and commitment.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
LOL I have had enough experiences with Aquarius to know there is DEF some passion in there. Just start talking politics, she'll be undressing in no time and you'll get your rocks off from the heated, dramatic arguing.

Okay, so by upside down they mean just the opposing signs? Because I thought the instructions were to completely reverse planet and house placements as well. I don't know how I'd do with a Libra/Taurus combo. Might suit my fancy just fine but that seems so ...refined...so stuffy.

This is what I'm wondering, too. If so... I don't know about that. I can't imagine myself with someone that has a pile of planets all in Aries and Aquarius. :andy:

I think what I'd want is someone who had a few planets fall in my 8th house for a deep bond, and planets that conjunct my Vertex and North Node.

virgo18

for marriage is the same.. An outgoing man who is intelligent, talkative and mysterious.

Inwardly you are attracted to career driven men who are courageous, even older, serious, intelligent and with good artistic sense (basing in your Sun aspects)

Outwardly you like youthful men, or men who look physically younger (gem) and innocent (pisces-12th). No matter if they are older, they may look young to attract you. Am I right?

As Uranus saturn and neptune in the 7th I will say two things. you may find your mate when you are older (30+).................... or you may marry someone much older (8, 10,15+... even 20 more than you) Maybe some obstacles and changes are possible.

He's overall personality might be so so what I am describing.

This doesn't mean he will be an Aries, Gemini, Pisces, or Capricorn. Sun.... it can be or not
What I am almost sure is that he will have Sun, Moon, or Ascendant in Sagittarius. Even the ruler of the 1st in Sag, or the Sun in the 9th.

I find Bob Mark's Astrology page excellent. If you want to know about the aspects of your 7th house ruler: Look for the Juno article and aspects... exchange Juno as if it were your 7th house ruler and check the description it forms with other planets.

Last edited:

virgo18

Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Pisces in the 4th house
Moon in Aries in the 5th house
Mars and Jupiter in Taurus in the 6th house
Saturn, Uranus, Neptune in Sagittarius in the 1st house
Pluto in Libra in the 11th house.

I heard this was called the derived house system... but it will not be as that extremely conclusion you get. He may not have the same moon, venus, mars sign as you. This theory is more of house placements than signs.
For example with the guy I love most and I want to marry I have:

Ruler of my Ascendant (what I am) in the 8th
Ruler of he's Descendant (what he wants) in the 2nd... he wants someone with ascendant ruler in her 8th.

Ruler of he's Ascendant (what he is) in the 4th
Ruler of my Descendant (what I want) in the 10th... I want someone with ascendant ruler in the 4th

This sounds creepy for me.... "maybe" he's my fh... who knows:w00t: It matches with the derived house system putting upside down the chart according to ascendant descendant positions. It forms like a cross and its very interesting. Im not kidding

So for you......
you will probably get someone with the ruler of he's ascendant in the 6th, and even 12th.
He could have the ruler of he's descendant in the 4th or even 10th...

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

Yes!
For a Man's chart, you look to his 7th cusp sign, the 7th cusp ruler sign, his Venus and Moon signs.
For a woman's chart you look to her 7th cusp sign, the the cusp ruler sign, her Mars sign and Sun sign. These are the traits she is looking for in a mate.

Oh I never knew that before. I'll be sure to remember now!

For you Sag. is #1 as opposites attract (ASC/DSC) and it trines Aries nicely too. A partner's late Sag. planets and Capricorn planets will fall into your 7th house so you will see them as a partner in synastry . Late Libra and Scorpio planets will fall in your 5th house of romance. Cap and Aqua planets will fall in your sex house. Virgo and Libra planets in your 4th make them seem familiar or comfortable.

Oh, I already fall in love with Sags at first conversation lol. My best friend's younger brother (by a year) is a Sag ASC, Sun, and Moon. I don't see him much but when I did (before he left for China no less) I just loved him! They're so easy to be around. Well, when they're high on life anyway. What do you mean when you say "late Sag planets"? What's 'late' mean?

You are supposed to get over being picky and overly critical -that's your Virgo South Node which you need to overcome in this life. Be more like Pisces (your North Node) -easier going , have a little faith that it will all work out for the best and that you'll learn something. And learn something you must for you have relationship karma -Saturn in the 7th sq. Venus. You must figure out what that lesson is or Saturn will negatively impact your lovelife. Tip: Saturn likes fidelity and commitment.

See, but why am I like that with friends (committed, grounded, stable) but feel an urge to flee as soon as I am in a romantic partnership (and by 'as soon as' I mean whenever we make it 'official')? I always wondered if that was something psychological or could be astrologically explained.

Horus

Oh, I already fall in love with Sags at first conversation lol. My best friend's younger brother (by a year) is a Sag ASC, Sun, and Moon. I don't see him much but when I did (before he left for China no less) I just loved him! They're so easy to be around. Well, when they're high on life anyway. What do you mean when you say "late Sag planets"? What's 'late' mean?

Your Descendant is 23° of Sag. so only a guy's planets in the third decanate (20-29°) of Sagittarius will conjunct the DSC or fall into your 7th house.

Sag. Risings and Suns are indeed usuallly optimistic, and have a good sense of humor -those are our defining traits. They've saved my life I can tell ya! :wink:
I usually click well with other Sag. risings and with Gem. Rising because that's my DSC. so the opposites attract theory is true in my experience.

See, but why am I like that with friends (committed, grounded, stable) but feel an urge to flee as soon as I am in a romantic partnership (and by 'as soon as' I mean whenever we make it 'official')? I always wondered if that was something psychological or could be astrologically explained.

It's both. Astrology reflects our psychology symbolically. Saturn (in the negative) is blockages, delays, and fears! You may have a fear of commitment, or of opening yourself up, of intimacy and being vulnerable, because you don't want to get hurt. But with love comes risk. Friends are safer and easier because they don't require intimacy, or fidelity, or the deeper bond of a lovemate.

Last edited:

LovelyMissAries

Your Descendant is 23° of Sag. so only a guy's planets in the third decanate (20-29°) of Sagittarius will conjunct the DSC or fall into your 7th house.

Third decante... I know the basics of what decans are but not necessarily when. I know I was born in the Leo decante of Aries. So, when is the third decante for Sagittarius? The third week?

Sag. Risings and Suns are indeed usuallly optimistic, and have a good sense of humor -those are our defining traits. They've saved my life I can tell ya! :wink:
I usually click well with other Sag. risings and with Gem. Rising because that's my DSC. so the opposites attract theory is true in my experience.

I can see why. I'm a Gem rising... your energy seems very non-threatening and confident but not aggressive.

It's both. Astrology reflects our psychology symbolically. Saturn (in the negative) is blockages, delays, and fears! You may have a fear of commitment, or of opening yourself up, of intimacy and being vulnerable, because you don't want to get hurt. But with love comes risk. Friends are safer and easier because they don't require intimacy, or fidelity, or the deeper bond of a lovemate.

True... I guess it's surprising how physical it is. It's like I get a Uranus-like jolt inside that just FREAKS me out and I can't even be around the person. I have to, like, process the entire thing and grow comfortale with it but normally people don't understand that. I've also never been equipped to explain it 'til now when I'm starting to grow into my communication skills.