The Deception of Neptune

ptolomy

i feel/think the problem with trying to connect with any one online lies in the area of text being inadequate to express emotions,when i express an emotion my body shows it and my expressions to the recipient,there is also some thing which i can only describe as subliminal going on at the same time that is specifically to do with being there.We also lie through our body language which cannot be conveyed either via chat and obviously all mannerisms are impossible to convey as well.There are probably many other types of deficiencies in chat that i havnt even thought of....but ultimately i am willing to forgo them to be able to communicate with people from all classes cultures and understandings which i could never do in my normal existence.
I think that internet dating needs to be explored but we need to bare in mind that we are not seeing the whole person until we meet them in real life.So dont presume anything for sure about a person till you have a chance to meet them and know them.

desperateneptune

Usually lonely people try on line dating. Lonely=troubled. Otherwise they would meet someone from their circle of activities using their real not ideal self. But instead they hope to find a 'catch' that other people have missed someone nice but using the same means to date as them is it possible?
Myst1cal2 dont worry about it the other side of the coin is to be everyones ideal love but you personally not loving anyone cause u understand that it is your persona they consider ideal and not you

desperateneptune

Noone is looking down upon anyone but the point is how to avoid the neptunian trap.i agree that only feelings matter so why abuse and waste all these beauty? And maybe u should expect to be someones ideal love cause if you are neptunian chances are u will be ;-)

MaeMae

Banned
Usually lonely people try on line dating. Lonely=troubled. Otherwise they would meet someone from their circle of activities using their real not ideal self. But instead they hope to find a 'catch' that other people have missed someone nice but using the same means to date as them is it possible?
Myst1cal2 dont worry about it the other side of the coin is to be everyones ideal love but you personally not loving anyone cause u understand that it is your persona they consider ideal and not you

Neptune in a natal chart does allow one to create illusions, dreamfull situations, but it exists outside of the internet as well. Show me ONE Neptunian infused person who hasn't had love at first sense or sight in real-life?

Neptune is good at honing in on that one good thing about another person, even if all the other things they know about them are not good. For me, I can forgive almost anything when I know there is ONE GOOD THING, in the purest, most non-material sense about another human being. That is where GOD touches us through Neptune - to never give up hope or belief in someone. Sadly, that hope and belief is often a fantasy we've created or that the Neptunian has created, so we often find ourselves holding hope in that which doesn't really exist in real life.

The artistic Neptunian is a different story - they create illusion and beauty, but in less harmful ways than those who act it out in daily lives. Music, dance, paintings, images - are a less dangerous manifestation of Neptune than mind-to-mind is.

As Neptune/Pisces influenced as I am, I have never gotten into the internet dating thing. I can create fantasies about someone I meet in person just as easily. But whether it's internet fantasy or real-life fantasy, Neptune just has to imagine that the object of their imaginative dreams is the end all.

Caro

Did you not check out her chart first? before meeting her? and you met her via an astrology forum - what were you thinking???

what a horrible experience. you must be careful and you have learnt a lesson here.

I think for some people maybe those with a neptunian influence online dating is just not for them. people can pretend to be anything a glamorous avatar ***** people in but the reality as you found out.....

I do think despite people posting their charts even here that people try and hide. that should be less so with astrology but still you see people on here trying to do so.

However I think there was other things going on for you other than neptune when you describe this person - perhaps something related to mars - a transit to 8th and not well aspected or something.

Internet dating is just not for me also meeting people on line is just not for me. I have neptune in the first house.

however I dont agree with the stereotype that only 'lonely ' people go online or those who have no friends. just about everyone i know does online dating accept me. most have a very wide social circle . even younger generations do the online dating via facebook and other sites.
The internet is a huge part of how we communicate now. its grown so fast the safe rules have not followed them up.

you need to work on your intuition if you are a strong cancerian im sure there must have been something before you met that made your alarms ring but you ignored it.

be careful

Inside Out Orange

Quick comment on dating ... recently read a book called Attached ... the world breaks down into the secure and insecure. Secure people have good relationships, once they get into one they're unlikely to be coming out of it. Therefore the cliche "all the best ones are gone" is a large part of why as we get older there are fewer good people to date.

One big problem with the internet is that most dating sites are based on criteria ... age, body shape, job, income, children, desire for children, marriage etc. If you meet someone in real life you don't necessarily know that stuff and you just get to know them and enjoy their company. On the internet you can filter out people who would be good for you just based on your prejudices. E.g. you're 30 years old you think you want someone 25-36 because anyone older is too old in some way ... you could meet a 37-year-old in a bar who you have great chemistry with.

Inside Out Orange

I can add myself to the growing list of people who got hit by tr-Neptune opposite n-Venus ... a couple of years back. Spent 9 months with my dream woman. Everything was unbelievably good and we got on great. Great synastry, great rapport, similar family patterns. One day she ran away and never came back.

When I was in that relationship I checked it everyday. I knew I had the Neppy transit, I knew I had to be careful, I kept looking for the flaw. I kept checking that everything was fine. I still got caught out.

What I eventually discovered a long time after was that she had Neptune on the ascendent. The consumate define-my-personality-for-me aspect. Well, I really didn't do that too much as I don't try to change people. Even with my own 7th house neptune there was a temptation to save her because she played the victim card ever so subtly but I never played that game.

All those days when we got along fine and perfectly with never an argument between us, well yes, I discovered that was because she was passive-aggressive and likely has dependent personality disorder. People like that never rock the boat for fear of losing the person they depend on. I got caught out even when I was looking for the con!

But hey the really big thing I learned from Neptune is to dissolve my boundaries and enjoy the possibility of falling in love with someone. It's opened me up and left me feeling a great loneliness that I want to be filled with someone special. No more Mr Saturnian walls and armour!

Munch

Around the end of the year T Neptune will retrograde and form another exact opposition to my N Venus, only this time the transit will be accompanied by a trine from T Saturn to T Neptune. Saturn will be exactly sextile my N Venus and exactly trine my N Moon as well during this transit. So I'm expecting a possible repeat of this scenario. Hopefully the trine from Saturn will chill things out a bit though and bring things down to earth.

Anyways, I just thought I would share this story if that same person who told me to watch out is still here. Thanks for the info.

The trine from Saturn should help immensly. When Saturn and Neptune come together in a positive way, they usually help you pull those castles from the sky and ground them in reality.

Sorry you had such a rough go of it.

I can relate. I have a natal Moon/Venus/Neptune stellium in tight orb. I always have to use a great deal of care where relationships of any kind are concerned. I always see the best in everyone, often to my own detriment.

Try being in love with someone from another country who leads you on for 2 1/2 years before dropping the 'I'm married,' bomb. :pinched: DOH!

Element

Try being in love with someone from another country who leads you on for 2 1/2 years before dropping the 'I'm married,' bomb. :pinched: DOH!

Ouch! I really feel your pain. It was his loss. :cool:

In fact I'd like to thank everyone who is NOT berating me for taking a chance on this thing. Were there risks and regrets involved? Sure, there were. But at least I had the guts to go do something wild and crazy like leave my country for the girl I loved. Yeah, I guess I'm just a fool like that.

So you all go on and have your safe little relationships. I'm not going to stop taking risks in life just because I got shot down a few times. :biggrin:

Veronica

i feel/think the problem with trying to connect with any one online lies in the area of text being inadequate to express emotions,when i express an emotion my body shows it and my expressions to the recipient,there is also some thing which i can only describe as subliminal going on at the same time that is specifically to do with being there.We also lie through our body language which cannot be conveyed either via chat and obviously all mannerisms are impossible to convey as well.There are probably many other types of deficiencies in chat that i havnt even thought of....but ultimately i am willing to forgo them to be able to communicate with people from all classes cultures and understandings which i could never do in my normal existence.
I think that internet dating needs to be explored but we need to bare in mind that we are not seeing the whole person until we meet them in real life.So dont presume anything for sure about a person till you have a chance to meet them and know them.

Well I dunno, I find texting all sorts of written expression quite enthralling coming from the right person.

I can relate. I have a natal Moon/Venus/Neptune stellium in tight orb. I always have to use a great deal of care where relationships of any kind are concerned. I always see the best in everyone, often to my own detriment.

same thing happened to me but I also lost a lot of money to. It was T neptune square my venus :crying:

dreamtimez

:pinched: ....Meeting people on the internet is always a bad idea.

And I can vouch for what Astrologer 50 is saying - the person the Neptune belongs to is the one that gets taken for a ride. One of the guys had his moon near my Neptune and I definitely had rose-colored glasses on where he was concerned and never saw him clearly; another had his sun square my Neptune, conjunct my Venus and in the same sign as my vertex... I should've run screaming in the opposite direction.... :andy:

I can totally relate to this ! :tongue:

I am just out of a Neptune-Moon transit in the 5th house. I met the guy on the net. His moon trines my Neptune, his Venus squares my Neptune. I definitely had rose coloured glasses where he is concerned ! :love: It was my Neptune and self-deception ... now that I'm out in the clear light of day, I can only ask myself "Did I do that? Did it really happen?" It caused me a lot of sadness, nevertheless it was a dream while it lasted. Neptune will tour my 5th for some more time, but there are no more oppositions ... I intend to use the Neptune transit to boost my creative writing skills.

I donot blame him anymore ... he's having a Neptune transit through his 7th opposing his natal Venus ! :whistling:

Ixaee

I honestly think that anyone worth dating, you aren't going to find online, that all the people you'd want to be with, barely even use the internet, and certainly not in a social context.

Whoah honey!

Not everyone is out to find an average, 'normal' kind of partner (which would bore me silly personally) and, therefore, we haven't many other options to meet a like-mind than online.

And just remember, you're online in a social context right now too... :kissing:

Inside Out Orange

Pretty much everybody on here who's had a neptune/venus transit has emerged seeing the reality and saying "What was I thinking?" ... strangely I don't feel that way. It's not to say that I would recreate the situation if it came along but I don't feel that hurt by it.

The thing is ... all relationships thrive on some form of deception ... if we told our partners exactly how we were feeling or thought it would just open up constant dialogues and need for reassurance. I think most relationships could handle more openness but it can't be every little detail.