Random Thoughts

Whoam1

I'd kill myself if I went to my sun signs party. A Capricorn stereotypic party would be the death of me. Let me just dance around alone in my room in my birthday suit with music blaring, I'll have a better time.

david starling

It's from Rulership patterns based on Direct-motion transitions from one Sign to the next. There's also an explanation for what I've called "Native-rulerships", which include the Ascendant and the Age-indicator. Everything is pretty well explained in the Thread in Other Astrology, called Jupiter-time, 400 day calendar, started by Blacksun?, (who appears to have abandoned his own Thread).
I'm still working on the meanings, and how they apply to Chart readings. To answer your question, according to pattern, the Moon is "InService" to Sagittarius, and Leo is InService to Saturn. I'm trying to avoid using Traditional terminology, so I'm calling the Moon a "Benefactor" for Sagittarius, and Saturn "Enhanced" in Leo (rather than using "Exalted", which is similar in meaning).

david starling

Btw, not EVERYTHING in the patterns run counter to Tradition, and I'm always pleased with what agrees with it. But, I trust these patterns, and have to "let the chips fall where they may". I see it as another alternative to both Traditional and Modern Conventional, not a replacement for them. And I am still using stuff from both as well. Eclectically speaking.

conspiracy theorist

Your input is always appreciated.

Unlike most attempts to "innovate" which only seem like half-baked attempts to change something that the innovator has no understanding of or those who try to make cosmetic changes to a system which only amounts to clever wordplay/ purple prose, what you seem to be doing is creating a system that is founded on different axioms and philosophical positions. What you're doing is big, so on my end I try to understand your system, what ideas it is founded on, the different technical aspects of it and how you interpret charts with it. I want to know the why and the how behind it, its primary "area of focus" and all that good stuff. So, I watch and learn and take it on its own merits. I don't have much in the way of input at the moment, but I'm certainly paying attention.

david starling

I'm working on applying it to well-known people's Charts, looking for greater insight than Modern Conventional can supply. "Sense of Purpose" and "catalytic ability" are major considerations. Sense of Purpose is when the Motivational planet for a Sign is in the Sign it motivates. Mars in Sagittarius, for example, and Moon in Pisces and Jupiter in Taurus.
I'm still missing something though, I can feel it. So, far so good, but not good enough. It has to actually work in an observable way. I'm getting some hits, but it hasn't all come together yet.

david starling

What do those three "sense of purpose" placements mean, specifically?

That's exactly what I'm figuring out. In the case of Jupiter in Taurus it would "involve" wealth in the Material sense--expanding it in a beneficial way. That one seems pretty self-evident. I just gave three examples at random. Maybe you could provide insight on Mars in Sagittarius. Btw, I don't see Mars as a Malefic when it's not under Saturn's influence. I still see Saturn as essentially Malefic, and capable of bringing out the harshest nature of all the others. "The Lord of the Rings", fits Saturn well.
Let's see....Sagittarius is about personal energy (Chi) and independence for all, and rapid change in direction. Mars is about creative impulse, when it's not Saturnized. Haven't quite worked all of these out yet, as to how they "manifest" in terms of the TYPE of purpose they engender, but I eventually will. My problem is, I have mental catalytic ability in my Natal, but I have to rely on Transits for Sense of Purpose. So, it comes and goes. The Tropical Age thing has been the most consistent.
I'm impressed that you can consider innovation, when you're also an admirer of Traditional.

david starling

Just realized, in this system, the Age of Capricorn is in EVERYONE'S Chart, including mine. That's a Sense of Purpose placement, in a very complicated Sign. Making more money for themselves provides a Sense of Purpose for many, possibly most. Sounds like Capricorn. :biggrin: My sense of Purpose is explaining WHY it's the Age of Capricorn.

Last edited:

Lykanized

My Uranus and Neptune are in Capricorn, but for the life of me, I can't distinguish any of that Capricorn energy in me(I'm a Cancer). Maybe it's misunderstood. I do, however, relate heavily to Uranus and Neptune. Mine are in the 5th house. Perhaps it gives a balanced, slightly earthly energy to the otherwise otherworldly and unabashedly rebellious, experimental, dreamy Uranus-Neptune 5th house. Maybe it simply means I have a desire to use my Neptune-Uranus 5th house as a means to career/monetary success which would align nicely with my Venus 10th house

Last edited:

Lykanized

Just realized, in this system, the Age of Capricorn is in EVERYONE'S Chart, including mine. That's a Sense of Purpose placement, in a very complicated Sign. Making more money for themselves provides a Sense of Purpose for many, possibly most. Sounds like Capricorn. :biggrin: My sense of Purpose is explaining WHY it's the Age of Capricorn.
I don't fully understand Capricorn yet, but since my Uranus-Neptune conjunct are in Capricorn in the 5th house, it would seem that my creativity would be a means to contributing something to others. That makes sense for me, especially with my Mercury and Sun in the 11th house. I have a strong desire to use my creativity to help others, help them grow and transform, just offer something

Whoam1

My Uranus and Neptune are in my Aquarius, so is Mars and SN.Pluto is in the 11th house in sag ruling a stellium there (in the 11th house) and it importantly aspects Venus the MC ruler and the MC/AC(the latest two being in Scorpio),Pluto in Sag. points to Jupiter in Aries on the IC, which points to Mars in Aquarius. Money is not a big thing to me I grew up poor, I'm not money motivated, I'm more motivated by the people I love.

Love2Know

I don't fully understand Capricorn yet, but since my Uranus-Neptune conjunct are in Capricorn in the 5th house, it would seem that my creativity would be a means to contributing something to others. That makes sense for me, especially with my Mercury and Sun in the 11th house. I have a strong desire to use my creativity to help others, help them grow and transform, just offer something

That’s a really beautiful sentiment! I may not share your gifts but I do share your goals!

Lykanized

That’s a really beautiful sentiment! I may not share your gifts but I do share your goals!
What do you aspire to do, love?

Before getting into astrology, I felt this almost ineffable call to experience all I can, good and bad, and to use that pain and 'wisdom', if you could call it that, to help others transform. I don't quite mind the unstable nature of myself as it helps me experience every portion of reality
It's funny how so much of what I am can be seen in my chart. Uranus-Neptune 5th house has a deeply creative drive and a connection to the subconscious as fuel. 11th house has a desire to affect society, the local consciousness. 3rd house Pluto Scorpio wants to get to the core and dig as deep as it possibly can even into the taboo and darkness and in a way wants to exposed other to it, yet craves deep intimacy.. 1st house Mars-moon conjunct makes me a fiery little Cancer who will get all she wants no matter what obstacles she has to face

UraSatVen1029

Before getting into astrology, I felt this almost ineffable call to experience all I can, good and bad, and to use that pain and 'wisdom', if you could call it that, to help others transform. I don't quite mind the unstable nature of myself as it helps me experience every portion of reality
It's funny how so much of what I am can be seen in my chart. Uranus-Neptune 5th house has a deeply creative drive and a connection to the subconscious as fuel. 11th house has a desire to affect society, the local consciousness. 3rd house Pluto Scorpio wants to get to the core and dig as deep as it possibly can even into the taboo and darkness and in a way wants to exposed other to it, yet craves deep intimacy.. 1st house Mars-moon conjunct makes me a fiery little Cancer who will get all she wants no matter what obstacles she has to face

What are your gifts? Talents? Hobbies?

I share the same ideals with you. I intend to make use of these gifts that I have to be able to contribute to the world and bring out positive changes. I feel like if I'm never going to use it in a productive and meaningful way, my life will constantly be filled with regrets, restlessness and depression. I seem to be happier when I'm expressive in a creative way, because channeling all the emotions and mental energy into actual products of art is so therapeutic to me in so many ways. Ura-Nep-Moon are all in my 1st house, Moon-Ura is in Aqua, forming a conjunction. My chart ruler Saturn is tightly squaring Neptune, Sun and Venus are only 16 minutes apart. So you could pretty much guess that I'm very into artistic endeavors. All these emotions that I sometimes cannot bring up to the surface because of the inensity (I have so much Scorpio in my chart) is best expressed in music. So I hope I can be able to put out music in a healing, transformative and inspiring way.

The society thing is true too, with Mercury and Pluto 11H, so I understand what you mean! :)

Love2Know

Ahh well explained, what kind of art do you do? I get to conceptualize everyday and I really enjoy that.

Last edited: