Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

blackbery

BLM don't think there are any good cops. They want them all gone within 5 years. Aren't you aware of their agenda?:whistling:

BLACK LIVES MATTER LEADER OUTLINES FIVE-YEAR PLAN TO ELIMINATE POLICE
“One of the things that we are demanding over five years is the complete abolition. We don’t want to see any police in our community,” Ndgo told Fox News in an interview Tuesday. “Over the course of those five years, it gives time for the community to begin to build what is needed. We aren’t looking to leave any kind of vacancy around the issue of safety.”

https://www.blackenterprise.com/bla...-outlines-five-year-plan-to-eliminate-police/

Weed out the bad cops, and raise the salaries of the good cops, even if it takes Federal $$$ and oversight to accomplish that.

david starling

BLM don't think there are any good cops. They want them all gone within 5 years. Aren't you aware of their agenda?:whistling:

BLACK LIVES MATTER LEADER OUTLINES FIVE-YEAR PLAN TO ELIMINATE POLICE
“One of the things that we are demanding over five years is the complete abolition. We don’t want to see any police in our community,” Ndgo told Fox News in an interview Tuesday. “Over the course of those five years, it gives time for the community to begin to build what is needed. We aren’t looking to leave any kind of vacancy around the issue of safety.”

https://www.blackenterprise.com/bla...-outlines-five-year-plan-to-eliminate-police/

BLM is a loosely affiliated organization, similar to Occupy Now. There IS NO "MASTER PLAN". This nutcase Ndgo is a nobody in Philly, propped up by Fox News to frighten you.

david starling

"Police Brutality Matters NOW!"

Weed out the bad cops and any higher ups that shield them from being held accountable!

Pay the good cops more in appreciation of their hard and dangerous service to the community!

Last edited:

david starling

We don't need a so-called "Law and Order" dictator like Trump, who panders to the White Supremacists.

We need a Civil Rights President of all the people.

Dirius

https://www.claimsjournal.com/news/national/2020/06/02/297361.htm

Those riots, however, were largely confined to one metropolitan area. Destruction and looting that erupted after Floyd’s death was reported in at least 25 cities, and spread into many suburbs as well. The extent of damage was unknown as of late Monday, but a sample of local news reports suggests that it is widespread:

• In Pittsburgh, the Public Safety department reported 50 businesses and properties in downtown area were damaged.
  • The Downtown Seattle Association reported that 50 businesses had damaged downtown and in the neighboring Chinatown-International District.
  • The Chicago Loop Alliance said at least 45 property were damaged in the downtown area by rioting that also spread into the cities suburbs.
  • In Madison, Wisconsin, 75 businesses were damaged and some were looted.
This article is from 2 June 2020. A month ago ... does not include all the additional looting and rioting that came after.

The BLM movement are literally destroying the small business owners, property owners, and public property. They are hurting the livelihood of innocent people, whom by the way had already been hurt by the COVID19 lockdowns.

This isn't a peaceful protest. This is an attempt to disrupt society.

katydid

What I am seeing on this thread is a lot of fear and hysteria.

No, the sky is not falling.

It's important to be a connoisseur of what you read. Someone is whipping up the right-wingers into a fever pitch. And it's not bereaved mothers of murdered Black children.

Marxism in the US is not going to happen, guys. You can relax about it. Breathe. Notably those of you who do not even live in the United States and are not US citizens.

(I'm a US-born citizen and taxpayer who lives in Canada.)

If some Black Lives Matter advocates are Marxists, that's their prerogative under the First Amendment. Just as your prerogative is to be a far-right Libertarian. Marxists do not represent the political views of the millions of Americans of all ethnicities who support Black Lives Matter. (See this recent poll by the respected Pew Memorial Trust.
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/202...-support-for-the-black-lives-matter-movement/ )

Yes, there are self-proclaimed leaders and organizations. They certainly do not represent the entire movement which is far larger and more diffuse. By analogy, you wouldn't argue that the Pope is the leader of everyone who believes in God.

In an interesting contrast to the right-wing "Red under the Bed" hysteria, my little town in western Canada held a peaceful demonstration in support of Black Lives Matter. Not a Marxist in sight-- or an African American, for that matter, because the border is closed to most traffic. Many similar peaceful demonstrations have been held internationally.

Following the rally in my community, some high school students posted Black Lives Matter slogans in chalk on a retaining wall as my husband and I happened to drive by. They included "Defund the Police." I wondered how our local Mounties would feel about that.

I later read in the local paper that a passerby started haranguing the girls. The RCMP stopped by, chatted with them, and later came by with some Gatoraid and candy for them.

To 99% of sensible Americans, "defund the police" doesn't mean abolishing police departments. Big Duh-uh, there. It means re-directing funds from unsupportive, militaristic policing into social services that best address the needs of the community.

Too often police are simply not the ones with backgrounds in mental illness crises, domestic violence, and drug addiction. Sometimes rogue police officers do not follow their own regulations. Of course, some police departments and individual officers are much better in addressing social issues than others. "Defund the Police" simply means more attention to getting at the roots of crime.

"Defund the police" is an eye-opening slogan designed to get your attention. Don't worry. Your local police department isn't going away. Hopefully your municipality will rethink its emphases, however.

OK, now, feel calmer and better?

You are in Canada. You have no clue what is actually going on here. Portland and Seattle, for just 2 examples, are being torn apart, financially, physically structurally by these anarchists. The beautiful downtown parks in Portland have been decimated. So was their upscale shopping district. It is boarded up and full of dirty words and ugly graffiti. Beautiful marble fountains and bronze statues have been destroyed. The public bathrooms vandalised and torn up. The streets are empty other than the angry rioters and the cops.

The police are overwhelmed, exhausted and demoralised. The city budget is about to be bankrupted because the riots have been ongoing, every night for over a month. They protest until sunrise. And damage the buildings, throw fireworks and bottles, point strong lasers into the cops eyes. 50 cops have been injured so far. Two federal buildings have been heavily damaged.

And this^^^^ is going on across the nation. Probably 50 cities have simi8lar situations. And it is not about BLM anymore. It is the anarchists.marxists trying to tear apart our government. By rioting every night, they are successfully keeping our businesses from reopening, and bankrupting our city budgets at the same time.

So don't sit up there in another country and dismiss or minimise what I SEE with my own eyes. I watch the live-streams from the protesters themselves. It shows EXACTLY what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWuhHUS2rRU

Here is just one minute. Multiply that by 12 hours a day, across the country in many cities.

katydid

As for the defund the police, don't be condescending. I know exactly what that means. Probably much better than you do, as I have two close family members in Law Enforcement right now. Saying snarky things like 'now breathe, calm down' is not helpful.

Our police officers are under a tremendous amount of stress. They feel abandoned and are being falsely accused. Even if someone points a gun at them, if they shoot in self defense, these protesters still count that as 'murder by cop.'

How do you think they feel when they go on patrol these days. frightened to death to have to pull a weapon out, but might die if they don't. Especially in such volatile times.

Our cops are retiring and quitting in very large numbers. And very few recruits are coming forward. The quality of new applicants is very poor. This is a huge problem for our departments.

The Jupiter/Pluto/Satrun in Capricorn is killing our police departments at this time. I hope it can be reborn in a positive way but it is going to be very ugly until then. There will likely continue to be a lot of spikes in violent crimes, as we are currently seeing in NYC and Chicago. It is tragic and brutal.

david starling

Not seeing it where I am on the Central Coast. Just some young people hanging homemade nooses on street signs.

My guess is, the Trump administration is paying provocateurs to make it possible for him to declare martial law and suspend the Election. It's been predicted that he won't accept being voted out of office. There's no way to determine who's a BLM member and who's a paid agitator.

katydid

It's happening all across the country. Time for Federal authorities to step in and regulate the situation, like in all cases of the violation of Civil Rights. That's what ended the Jim Crow era.

Wake up. BLM is fooling you. Theryt are deflecting from the main problems.

They keep pointing to the officers, accusing them of brutality. But look closely at most of these cases. The cops were sent to the locations by 911, because of crimes being committed.

If they come up to a gas station robbery and chase the robber, are they not likely to get in a scuffle, or chase or even a shootout?

How can a human not be frightened and defensive when fighting for their own life against someone trying to harm them?

BLM is pointing to the cops as the brutal ones. But are they saying anything about the large amount of violent crimes being perpetrated by some in their community?

How do they expect the police to step back and not fight with their black men if these same men are robbing or gang banging or shooting at others?

We hear nothing about what BLM will do to try and change their behaviour. They want you to think that it is the police that are the violent criminals, and not the young men in the inner cities, that commit a large percentage of our nation's crimes.

katydid

That's a slogan supporting the police killings of black citizens at a ratio twice their percentage of the population compared to the ratio of white citizens they kill each year.

I'm saying POLICE BRUTALITY MATTERS!

And why do you think that is? When my son in law gets a 911 call, is he more likely to be sent to a low income neighborhood, or a suburb?

david starling

And why do you think that is? When my son in law gets a 911 call, is he more likely to be sent to a low income neighborhood, or a suburb?

Is anyone saying that the bad cops aren't committing brutality far beyond what's necessary to keep the peace? That's what started this whole mess, and it's been going on for so long, it's become considered normal. These cops are protected by higher ups and there's a code of silence the good cops are afraid to break.

These "low income neighborhoods" wouldn't happen to be minority occupied , would they? Are you blaming minorities for what's happening?

Opal

Premium Member
db9d172fc33b90e905c1213b8cce660c228bb99c.png

Up here in Canada, with a much smaller population than the US, it is quite easy to observe the increasing government uses of the very old term "Divide and Conquer"

It is a very efficient way to control the masses.

We are finding ourselves more and more divided, and solutions are evading all, as each subgroup looks out only for their own subgroup.

There are so many divisions now, there is no way to heal each one, as curing one issue, steps on the rights of another subgroup.

Divided we fall.

david starling

db9d172fc33b90e905c1213b8cce660c228bb99c.png

Up here in Canada, with a much smaller population than the US, it is quite easy to observe the increasing government uses of the very old term "Divide and Conquer"

It is a very efficient way to control the masses.

We are finding ourselves more and more divided, and solutions are evading all, as each subgroup looks out only for their own subgroup.

There are so many divisions now, there is no way to heal each one, as curing one issue, steps on the rights of another subgroup.

Divided we fall.

Can you list a few of the issues that are driving a wedge between previously friendly communities?

From what Oddity said, one of them might be the government's strict laws concerning absolute respect for "transgender rights". And, the extremely high price of housing?

david starling

We're astrologers. Given the current and ongoing configurations, we should be expecting trouble. Tragedies are happening from the pandemic, and from the social/political strife, which are how the astrology is playing out. As we well know, things will change with the transits. No sense projecting how they are now too far into the future.

tikana

Do you blame all white people because some belong to the KKK? :surprised:
You blame all cops for the actions of a few.:annoyed:

POLICE LIVES MATTER.

Thing is if police actually follow the code of conduct vs in response to "I can't breathe", a cop says "I don't care" should be fired automatically."Serve and protect" does not mean kill just to close a incident. Even being white eventhough chances of me getting arrested slim to none, I'd be still cautious of the cops today. I have never had a single problem with cops. One pulled me over for a lighbulb out. He was nice to me but that doesnt mean he will be nice to someone who is black/African-American. I don't think disbanning police force is a good idea BUT i can see why people want to push that. Your "few" is my too many. This is a rerun of 1992 riots in Los Angees. As Rodney King said nothing really changed.
I have my own beef with cops but it is an isolated case. I won't hold entire force on sh*tlist.

Way too many people are getting killed for no reason.

Last edited:

katydid

Not seeing it where I am on the Central Coast. Just some young people hanging homemade nooses on street signs.

My guess is, the Trump administration is paying provocateurs to make it possible for him to declare martial law and suspend the Election. It's been predicted that he won't accept being voted out of office. There's no way to determine who's a BLM member and who's a paid agitator.

Do a little research. It's not Trump paying these dolts. It is Soros.

Watch some livestreams of the riots and you can see clearly who is rioting. They talk about it themselves.

https://www.twitch.tv/cctvuser

https://www.twitch.tv/teebsgaming

katydid

Is anyone saying that the bad cops aren't committing brutality far beyond what's necessary to keep the peace? That's what started this whole mess, and it's been going on for so long, it's become considered normal. These cops are protected by higher ups and there's a code of silence the good cops are afraid to break.

These "low income neighborhoods" wouldn't happen to be minority occupied , would they? Are you blaming minorities for what's happening?

I am saying it is a two way street. If you stop and dissect each case that BLM complains about, 95% of the cases are justified shootings.

And by Justified, I mean that the person was armed and fighting back from being arrested for a crime, or unarmed but physically fighting over a weapon, etc.

So YES, I would be blaming the so called 'victims' in those cases.

As to your question 'am I blaming the minority communities' for what's happening. I would say Yes, in part, I am.

The cops are being called there, dispatched there , sent there because of crimes being committed. And although being called there, they are often in bad circumstances because of the strict non-snitching policies. So they answer a call for a shooting, but no one will talk and help them find who did the shooting,.

So that limits the cops abilities to stop the criminal element. And so it continues.

When a cop is in the inner city, it is often a tense situation. He knows he is often unwelcome. If someone pops out of a car quickly he is on edge. It creates a bad situation. People want to say that cops are racist and want to hurt minorities.

And that is not what is happening, in my experience with the cops I know. They are just in tense, volatile situations and fear for their own lives and sometimes things go sideways. If they are chasing a perp into an alley at night, and he stops and pulls something out of his waistband, the cop is likely to shoot. Is that racism or self defense?

Last edited: