What do you see as the best quality of each of the four elements?

katydid

To me,

Fire - honor
Earth - loyalty
Air - even-temperedness
Water - purity

I can agree with the above. except maybe Air.

Even temperedness? I have to think about that further.

I have always seen predominant Air people as being intelligent, perceptive and high strung.

...when poorly aspected, perhaps a bit nervous, uneven, kind of temperamental. :pouty:

FIRE= Courage

EARTH= Concentration

AIR= Versatility

WATER= Receptivity

least favorite traits:

FIRE= Self Absorbed?

EARTH= Stingy?

AIR= Scattered?

WATER= Instability?

I can agree with the above. except maybe Air.

Even temperedness? I have to think about that further.

I have always seen predominant Air people as being intelligent, perceptive and high strung.

...when poorly aspected, perhaps a bit nervous, uneven, kind of temperamental. :pouty:

FIRE= Courage

EARTH= Concentration

AIR= Versatility

WATER= Receptivity

least favorite traits:

FIRE= Self Absorbed?

EARTH= Stingy?

AIR= Scattered?

WATER= Instability?

I know three people who have heavy air influence. One is a Gemini, one is a Libran and the other an Aquarian. The Libran, my cousin, is VERY even tempered. His patience is Godlike. It takes a lot to make him angry. The Aquarian, my father, is very humble (a common Aquarian trait) which puts a check on his anger and makes him more even-tempered than not most days. Lastly, the Gemini, my aunt, is a free spirit. Now, given that they are all air dominated persons, I think I can safely say that the children of air are even-tempered.

waybread

I think I got this from Stephen Arroyo:

earth: material, practical

air: mental

fire: enthusiastic, action-oriented

water: emotional, feeling perhaps spiritual

I see in some of the above posts (perhaps, maybe, sort-of) a tendency to conflate elements with the qualities of signs. These are:

cardinal (initiatiative-taking): Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn)

fixed (staying the course): Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius

mutable (adaptive, adjusting): Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces

So, for example, Gemini is the mutable air sign, Taurus is the fixed earth sign, and Cancer is the cardinal water sign.

Virgo, as the mutable earth sign is not inherently stable. Rather, it is practical (earth) and adaptable (mutable.) Aquarius, as the fixed air sign, is not inherently versatile. Once Aquarius is convinced of the correctness of an idea, it is unwilling to drop it merely because it has become unpopular.