Colour Assignment - Mercury vs Jupiter

renjer

I am getting a little confused with assigning colors to these two planets. Mercury is supposed to be rather mutable - so I'd go with white/yellow, while Jupiter is more expansive and vibrant - red/blue.

And then you have the teams Stoke (red/white) vs Hull (orange/black). How would you assign them?

How about Watford (yellow/black) vs Swansea (white)?

Last edited:

gecko235

if someone wants to answer;

I would also be interested how red and blue would be interpreted

i thought red is more like jupiter but on the other hand mercury is closer to the sun and hot and burnt so probably its the other way round

cheers

Loda41

The easy answer is that some charts will have confusion about colour and I avoid making prediction. I have noticed that for example Gemini is in DSC but for some reason SAG can take on the blu color. With Leo vs Aquarius sometimes Aq. can take on the lighter color. Don't alway expect clear steadfast rules. The winner of a game is written in the stars but sometimes the procedural rules we use get twisted to make that outcome happen.

Loda41

if someone wants to answer;

I would also be interested how red and blue would be interpreted

i thought red is more like jupiter but on the other hand mercury is closer to the sun and hot and burnt so probably its the other way round

cheers
one trick I use with Jupiter is to think of colors a traveler or school teacher would wear..khaki, taupe, Olive green, usually slightly dark to hide dirt and stains, somewhat like uniform colours.

fensi88

Keep also in mind that rx planets do not represent usually colors. In case when you have one direkt lord and second rx try to asign team for the direct Lord, so another team will be for the rx Lord.

Loda41

Keep also in mind that rx planets do not represent usually colors. In case when you have one direkt lord and second rx try to asign team for the direct Lord, so another team will be for the rx Lord.

Never heard that before, interesting

renjer

Unfortunately both Mercury and Jupiter are retrograde now

renjer

We have Stoke vs Hull this weekend. Stoke is likely to play in red/white, and Hull in orange/black. The planets of interest would be Mercury in Taurus and Jupiter in Libra.

Which team is assigned to which planet?

IMO Stoke gets Mercury because they are light colours but Hull in orange/black doesn't seem "vibrant and expansive" to me. Or would you have assigned it the other way?

Loda41

Agree tend to see Stoke as Virgo ASC. Not seeing a clear pick here. Stoke is favored. Moon in Sag could help DSC Hull.

Last edited:

fensi88

Nothing is sure regarding asign colors when both team are represent with rx planet. For example, from my experience I had charts where Me rx represent black or blue color, and Ju rx represent white, yellow even black color.

Loda41

Nothing is sure regarding asign colors when both team are represent with rx planet. For example, from my experience I had charts where Me rx represent black or blue color, and Ju rx represent white, yellow even black color.
For argument sake let's assign Stoke to Pisces DSC because of red color. Ruler in Libra (Jup) is sextile Moon. Coruler Neptune not Rx in 7dg Orb of DSC. Stoke could win in this senario but caution advised on this one.

Kp astrology

I am getting a little confused with assigning colors to these two planets. Mercury is supposed to be rather mutable - so I'd go with white/yellow, while Jupiter is more expansive and vibrant - red/blue.

And then you have the teams Stoke (red/white) vs Hull (orange/black). How would you assign them?

How about Watford (yellow/black) vs Swansea (white)?

If it was dark red it goes to jupiter. black goes to mercury actually.
if lagna is pisces and jupiter in libra red/white fits for it.

dr. farr

Well, one thing: each color has a wavelength: red has the longest wavelength, violet the shortest; orange the 2nd longest wavelength, yellow 3rd longest, then green, with blue shorter, then violet with the shortest.

What does a long wavelength mean, relative to a shorter wavelength? Does longer mean more likely, or less likely to win? Does longer mean higher scoring?

I myself do not use color relative to attempting to predict outcomes, but for those who do, I think a consideration of the color wavelengths might be a useful field for research.

dr. farr

Traditionally, Jupiter has usually been allocated the color blue, and Mercury generally the colors yellow or orange, although in Modern astrology Mercury has often been allocated to the color violet. In Chinese astrology, Jupiter is allocated the color green and Mercury the color indigo or black.

By astronomical observation, Mercury is white, and Jupiter is a mixture of colors.

By the theoretical wavelength-relative-to-distance-from-Sun model, Mercury is violet and Jupiter is orange.

I shall be posting a thread in the Sports Astrology forum in which the various planetary and sign color allocations from traditional, modern, and Chinese astrology, plus objective astronomical observation and a few theoretical wavelength-to-astronomy models, will be presented.

BlackLioness87

I hope I could find your post regarding colors dr. Farr. :happy:
In my case I use Fensi's guidelines to assign colors, but I also use L10 and L4 colors to have some extra information, I also take into consideration pants colors... :whistling:

gecko235

for my automation i tend to assign mercury, sun and venus to brighter kits and saturn, jupiter and mars to darker kits.

also i check past games how well teams respond to stronger aspects.

for example

team a:

last 3 matches that bright planet was stronger, team a won

while last 3 matches where bright was stronger, team b lost.

i hope u catch my drift ;)

BlackLioness87

for my automation i tend to assign mercury, sun and venus to brighter kits and saturn, jupiter and mars to darker kits.
This method doesn't seem to fail, but I have found that when Mercury was in Virgo it could also be black, what's your opinion? I wonder how colour assignment worked when Jupiter was in Libra :O

also i check past games how well teams respond to stronger aspects.

for example

team a:

last 3 matches that bright planet was stronger, team a won

while last 3 matches where bright was stronger, team b lost.

i hope u catch my drift ;)

I'll definitely try this! It would also be helpful to find out which colour kits are the most effective according to the testionies.

I remember one time when I tried to predict four matches of the regionalliga from Germany, matches were to start at the same hour. I don't remember well but ASC was supossed to win or draw. ASC being most favored during 1st half and DSC during 2nd. ASC was on 5 - 7 Capricorn.

Scores according to kits were:
All black vs All white
3 - 2 and 3 - 0

Yellow top and black bottom vs All red (with white stripes on the jersey sides)
1 - 1

Blue jersey white shorts vs white jersey red shorts
1 - 0

It seems that day "black colour kits" were the most effective rather than "ASC teams".