is it normal not to look like my rising sign?

Haneen

hello
I'm a libra and my rising sign is libra but I don't look like a libra at all
is that normal?
like from what I've read libra rising people are supposed to be slender, tall, and have dimples but I'm not slender neither tall or have dimples???

waybread

Your genes play a huge part in your build and facial features. Obviously there are major parts of the world populated by ethnic groups who don't have blonde or red hair, or blue eyes. Yet rising sign descriptions will sometimes give them as characteristic of a given sign. There's a northern European-ancestry bias in a lot of the rising sign descriptions.

Then planets in your first house or in aspect to your ascendant will make a big difference. Venus rules Libra, so consider what Libra is doing in your chart.

I think that your rising sign has a lot more to do with your outward personality and demeanor than with your physical appearance.

Haneen

Your genes play a huge part in your build and facial features. Obviously there are major parts of the world populated by ethnic groups who don't have blonde or red hair, or blue eyes. Yet rising sign descriptions will sometimes give them as characteristic of a given sign. There's a northern European-ancestry bias in a lot of the rising sign descriptions.

Then planets in your first house or in aspect to your ascendant will make a big difference. Venus rules Libra, so consider what Libra is doing in your chart.

I think that your rising sign has a lot more to do with your outward personality and demeanor than with your physical appearance.

thank you for replying

Jupiter and mercury is in my first house and my ascendant aspects are sextile moon and conjunction mercury and conjunction Jupiter and sextile pluto and parallel Jupiter and parallel Uranus

is something wrong with the planets in my first house or my ascendant aspects??

Haneen

Are you gracious and sociable, attractive and feminine (sorry, are you a woman?), kind and charming?

thank you for replying

yes I'm a girl and all of what you said is right except the attractive part no one told me I was attractive but I think it's because of my current appearance since I'm overweight so maybe there would be a change after I lose weight I guess? I'll gain more confidence so maybe that will make me attractive and be more sociable.

aquarius7000

hello
I'm a libra and my rising sign is libra but I don't look like a libra at all
is that normal?
like from what I've read libra rising people are supposed to be slender, tall, and have dimples but I'm not slender neither tall or have dimples???
Hi,

So you think all Libra Asc. have dimples? And all Libra Asc are slender?
Have you checked where your Venus is placed? Which planets your Venus is in aspects with? If there are planets in your first house?

This is why it is so important to look further than just one isolated aspect.

Haneen

Hi,

So you think all Libra Asc. have dimples? And all Libra Asc are slender?
Have you checked where your Venus is placed? Which planets your Venus is in aspects with? If there are planets in your first house?

This is why it is so important to look further than just one isolated aspect.

thanks for replying

My venus is in sag and it's in my second house and my venus aspects are: square Uranus and trine mc

Mercury and Jupiter are in my first house

and I don't think that all libra asc have all those aspects but at least they would have one of them lol
and I was just curious about why I'm not like the rest of them :)

waybread

I think Elena got it right: your rising sign isn't so much your physical appearance as it is how your personality appears to other people.

The first house symbolizes your body, but it is in the sense of how other people perceive you, or your overall health and vitality.

Obviously your overall genetic inheritance from your parents plays a major role in how you look.

Then do pay attention to planets in your first house or aspecting your ascendant.

Just for example, I have Virgo rising, but in no way do I fit the neat and tidy Virgo stereotype. I have Uranus squaring my AC. So as much as I might hope to look smooth and polished, this just isn't going to happen with Uranus in the mix.

There are some signatures that seem to work in a general way. Uranus in the first house or squaring the ascendant seems to confer "unusual hair," which I have. Even more so when I was younger.

Venus in the first or ruling the first (if well aspected) tends to make people attractive, even if they are not good-looking in a conventional way.

Saturn in the first might give someone poor posture or crooked teeth, as Saturn rules the teeth and bones. Saturn in the first might also make someone physically small in comparison with her genetic inheritance.

Pluto in the first or Scorpio rising tends to make people come across as intense.

But these are general delineations that would fit many body types and facial features.

Haneen

I think Elena got it right: your rising sign isn't so much your physical appearance as it is how your personality appears to other people.

The first house symbolizes your body, but it is in the sense of how other people perceive you, or your overall health and vitality.

Obviously your overall genetic inheritance from your parents plays a major role in how you look.

Then do pay attention to planets in your first house or aspecting your ascendant.

Just for example, I have Virgo rising, but in no way do I fit the neat and tidy Virgo stereotype. I have Uranus squaring my AC. So as much as I might hope to look smooth and polished, this just isn't going to happen with Uranus in the mix.

There are some signatures that seem to work in a general way. Uranus in the first house or squaring the ascendant seems to confer "unusual hair," which I have. Even more so when I was younger.

Venus in the first or ruling the first (if well aspected) tends to make people attractive, even if they are not good-looking in a conventional way.

Saturn in the first might give someone poor posture or crooked teeth, as Saturn rules the teeth and bones. Saturn in the first might also make someone physically small in comparison with her genetic inheritance.

Pluto in the first or Scorpio rising tends to make people come across as intense.

But these are general delineations that would fit many body types and facial features.

thanks that were really helpful :) now I feel better

and my ascendant aspects are sextile moon and conjunction mercury and conjunction Jupiter and sextile pluto and parallel Jupiter and parallel Uranus

if there's nothing wrong with my asc aspects or the planets in my first house then it's just my genetics lol

thanks for your reply

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi Haneen,

I am a Leo Asc. and while I don’t have a big face I have a thick wavy crop on my head. So yes, you are correct in general about how a Libra Asc looks. However, you see you also have to consider the first house planets (Asc marks the first house). Since you have Jup there, that normally gives the person a fuller body (Jup expands). My dad with a Sag Asc has always had, even when younger, a pretty broad forehead. An aunt of mine is a Libra Asc. and she has a very cool and airy appearance “, but no dimples and she is not slender (Venus in the first house), not fat either, but very attractive. So simply looking at the Asc is not enough. Look at where the ruler is placed and what is there in the first house.
With a Libra Asc. and JUp and Mer in the first house, you should be quite an extrovert (unless your Moon is in Cap).
thanks for replying

My venus is in sag and it's in my second house and my venus aspects are: square Uranus and trine mc

and I don't think that all libra asc have all those aspects but at least they would have one of them lol
and I was just curious about why I'm not like the rest of them :)

Haneen

Hi Haneen,

I am a Leo Asc. and while I don’t have a big face I have a thick wavy crop on my head. So yes, you are correct in general about how a Libra Asc looks. However, you see you also have to consider the first house planets (Asc marks the first house). Since you have Jup there, that normally gives the person a fuller body (Jup expands). My dad with a Sag Asc has always had, even when younger, a pretty broad forehead. An aunt of mine is a Libra Asc. and she has a very cool and airy appearance “, but no dimples and she is not slender (Venus in the first house), not fat either, but very attractive. So simply looking at the Asc is not enough. Look at where the ruler is placed and what is there in the first house.
With a Libra Asc. and JUp and Mer in the first house, you should be quite an extrovert (unless your Moon is in Cap).

thank you so much now I know why I became fat when I was a kid even tho I did the same activities as my classmates and I wasn't lazy

Venus is in the second house and do you mean what's placed in my first house as in my asc aspects or what? sorry, I got quite confused I'm just a beginner :)

aquarius7000

thank you so much now I know why I became fat when I was a kid even tho I did the same activities as my classmates and I wasn't lazy

Venus is in the second house and do you mean what's placed in my first house as in my asc aspects or what? sorry, I got quite confused I'm just a beginner :)
By what's placed in the first house I meant the planets sitting in the first house - in your case - Jup and Merc.

If you like, pull your chart at astro.com and post it on here.

Haneen

By what's placed in the first house I meant the planets sitting in the first house - in your case - Jup and Merc.

If you like, pull your chart at astro.com and post it on here.

here it is :)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_haneen.85509.270442.jpg
    astro_2gw_haneen.85509.270442.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 40

aquarius7000

Hahaha, you see, per the chart, you are a very Jup person. You have Jup in the first, so close by the Asc and in the same sign as the Asc (lucky for you) , Jup in a conj to the Sun, Jup ruling your Moon, Jup even ruling the ruler of the Asc, Venus. Bingo. Look at my previous post - I said to check all this - and in your case - you have all this ruled by Jup. Very interesting chart. You like the good life and look for comfort :) And yes, if you don't watch it, you do have the tendency to grow 'big' easily. Any day, you look more Jup like than Venus - Libra like.

Last edited:

Haneen

Hahaha, you see, per the chart, you are a very Jup person. You have Jup in the first, so close by the Asc and in the same sign as the Asc (lucky for you) , Jup in a conj to the Sun, Jup ruling your Moon, Jup even ruling the ruler of the Asc, Venus. Bingo. Look at my previous post - I said to check all this - and in your case - you have all this ruled by Jup. Very interesting chart. You like the good life and are look for comfort :) And yes, if you don't watch it, you do have the tendency to grow 'big' easily. Any day, you look more Jup like than Venus - Libra like.

thank you so much that was really helpful :)

ElenaJ

In addition to what Aquarius7000 wrote, your moon, in a Jupiter sign, is exactly sextile the ascendent, and Jupiter.
So, shades of sensitive emotional moon will come through as well.
And, like the phases of the moon, a little moody with subtle physical shadings of light and dark to those who are looking at you.

anila31

Hey,
here is something related to the ascendant that might be fun to check out:

create an ascendant persona chart (on astro.com -> chose 'persona' under the chart rubric). The persona ascendant chart is the chart of your ascendant. It is very interesting. It gives you a completely different chart that is only for your ascendant and it can throw light on different aspects of your ascendant. For exapmle I have mars on my ascendant persona chart 's ascendant and I do notice that I have an athletic built. In my normal chart I don't have any aspects to my ascendant/ chart ruler that would point to being athletic :smile:

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi

By athletic do you mean you like sports and practise then, or do you mean you have a muscular built or perhaps both?

What is your Asc and where is its ruler? Also where is mars placed sign wise?

Hey,

create an ascendant persona chart (on astro.com -> chose 'persona' under the chart rubric). The persona ascendant chart is the chart of your ascendant. It is very interesting. It gives you a completely different chart that is only for your ascendant and it can throw light on different aspects of your ascendant. For exapmle I have mars on my ascendant persona chart 's ascendant and I do notice that I have an athletic built. In my normal chart I don't have any aspects to my ascendant/ chart ruler that would point to being athletic :smile:

ElenaJ

Hey,

I never heard of this before. I did do mine, it's bizarre.
What is it all about, what is it based on?

anila31

Well, I actually just came across the persona chart and I find it quite interesting but I am not sure if it is really that significant. Here are some sites with infos on the persona ascenant chart:

https://twelvehousemoon.tumblr.com/post/164958794688/analyzing-persona-charts-the-ascendant-master

https://mars-in-the-first.tumblr.com/post/184916133821/ascendant-persona-chart-planetary-placements

I would try and see if there are any significant ascpect or placements in the ascendant persona chart that I can see tobe related to my ascendant (i.e. how others see me, what I look like, and maybe also how I see myself as a persona).

Was there anything interesting in your persona chart? Anything that made sense to you?