A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

petosiris

Banned
What's your time-frame for the Age of Taurus/Scorpio?

Wednesday 1 AM to 2008 AM (3959 BC ± 200 years - 1951 BC ± 200 years). This is the time from the creation of the stars to the birth of Abraham. The luminaries and the stars were created on a Wednesday, perhaps on the 4th day of the seventh month.

City-state civilization, including writing and artistic ability, along with technological and scientific advancements.

They had greater scientific knowledge before the Tower of Babel, but this slowly deteriorated after the Word came down from heaven and confused their languages (incidentally, the Word sent mankind the holy gift of speaking foreign languages without effort 2000 years later). All writings are dated after that incident.

Last edited:

david starling

Wednesday 1 AM to 2008 AM (3959 BC ± 200 years - 1951 BC ± 200 years). This is the time from the creation of the stars to the birth of Abraham. The luminaries and the stars were created on a Wednesday, perhaps on the 4th day of the seventh month.

They had greater scientific knowledge before the Tower of Babel, but this slowly deteriorated after the Word came down from heaven and confused their languages (incidentally, the Word sent mankind the holy gift of speaking foreign languages without effort 2000 years later). All writings are dated after that incident.

This is the standard, (retrograde-motion) sidereal Age timeline, which has the sidereal Piscean Age beginning from about the year 1 A.D. to 400 A.D., and the sidereal Aquarian Age from about 2150 to 2550 A.D.

Rounding off 1 to 5 years, the (direct-motion) tropical Age timeline has the tropical Age of Capricorn beginning 400 A.D., and the tropical Age of Aquarius beginning 2150 A.D.

So, the tropical Age pattern matches up almost perfectly with the latest start for the sidereal Age of Pisces, and with the earliest start for the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

Last edited:

david starling

This is the standard, (retrograde-motion) sidereal Age timeline, which has the sidereal Piscean Age beginning from about the year 1 A.D. to 400 A.D., and the sidereal Aquarian Age from about 2150 to 2550 A.D.

Rounding off 1 to 5 years, the (direct-motion) tropical Age timeline has the tropical Age of Capricorn beginning 400 A.D., and the tropical Age of Aquarius beginning 2150 A.D.

So, the tropical Age pattern matches up almost perfectly with the latest start for the sidereal Age of Pisces, and with the earliest start for the sidereal Age of Aquarius.

Easy to see how the sidereal Age masks the tropical, since they both occur in the same time-frame. Also, precession of the Equinox, which is used for the sidereal Ages, is far more noticeable than precession of the Perihelion, which delineates the tropical Ages.

And finally, the Age-window concept, which explains the overlapping of Age-signs and is therefore so useful in terms of describing the dynamics of both types of Ages, is essential for determining the tropical Ages; whereas, the sidereal Ages can be determined without recognizing the importance of constructing it.

david starling

Well, here's something I was happy to come across. Someone else realizes that we're in transition from the tropical Age of Capricorn to that of Aquarius; and, that it occurs in stages which can be observed as their results become evident.

Jessica Adams has a blog I just saw for the first time. She also realizes that each succeeding generation is more attuned to the Aquarian nature of the ongoing transformational process, and that Pluto's upcoming ingress into Aquarius will result in a major shift towards Aquarian Age awareness during this transitional period.

Here's an excerpt from her blog, in her words:

It begins with the message 'RESIST!' (resisting the old Age of Capricorn values of greed, money, patriarchy, suits, corporations, and big business), but ends with something quite new. A strong and confident creation of a new planet for everybody.

Here's another opinion of hers I agree with:

A lot of the old astrology books from the 1970s get the rulership of Aquarius wrong. It's not ruled by Saturn at all (that's Capricorn). It's wholly and exclusively ruled by Uranus.

https://jessicaadams.com/2020/01/16/the-new-age-of-aquarius/

CapAquaPis

My concerns of the Capricornian age when the nodes shifted from Capricorn to Sagittarius (true nodes Cancer to Gemini) on the first 5 months of 2020, and the recent solar eclipses' paths of totality and areas of observable visibility.

3 solar eclipses in 2019: A partial one in Jan 5 over China and east Asia, A total one in Jul 2 over Chile and Argentina; and Dec 26 over India and SE Asia. And now this year an annular one on June 21 over NE Africa, Saudi Arabia, India and China; and a total one on Dec 14 again in Chile and Argentina (South America) are over exact areas which are the most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic at this time (Chile, so is Peru but not Argentina), but the pandemic has ceased to a very low number in east Asia (China) where it first originated.

Those areas are also having high tensions in political activism and protests too, looking at Iran and Lebanon, and escalations of border clashes between India and China which has stripped Hong Kong's autonomy and threatened Taiwan's sovereignty.

Before 2019-20 was the Aug 21, 2017 TSE over the mainland USA, and not a surprise, the USA is the world's hardest hit COVID-19 nation with 35 states are experiencing a second wave of new daily cases and rising hospitalizations in the last month.

And the Feb 26, 2017 and Feb 15, 2018 annular solar eclipses again over the southern cone of South America. I have a feeling the 4 total lunar eclipses in 2015-16 was an indication of a great global disaster in...4 years...2019-20.

The lunar nodes were in Cancer/Capricorn in 2018 (started in November) and all of 2019, note the year 2018 was when there was no full moon in Feb, a 28-day month (depending on time zone, the full moon fell on Jan 31 or Mar 1). And in Oct 2020, 2 full moons in a month: Oct 1-2 and Oct 30-31, again based on your local times. The blue moons in 2018 were in signs Leo and Virgo, and in 2020, Aries and Taurus. Like Sagittarius (current node with Gemini), Aries and Leo are fire signs, and like Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo are earth signs.

david starling

I'm trying to make contact with The Mountain Astrologer magazine without formally submitting an outline for an article. I first want to know what one of the editors in particular, Ray Grasse, thinks of the tropical Age of Capricorn topic. They have my email address, and I'm hoping to hear from them.

Jessica Adams is a widely known astrological author, psychic, and Chart-reader who has been published in the magazine, and is unavailable for communication other than paying for a Chart-reading. I want to know how she arrived at the (correct) conclusion that we are globally transitioning out of the tropical Age of Capricorn into the tropical Age of Aquarius. I did sign up for her newsletter, but got no confirmation that it went through.

Last edited:

david starling

Well, I'm now "in contact" with the magazine. They sent me instructions on how to format and submit my research concerning the astrological Ages, including that it sounds "interesting". Big step for me though. :unsure:

CapAquaPis

In the current astrological age we're in, what if 2020 was the 2012 the Maya predicted, but the change in our western calendar made the date 8 years off? Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius, the planet represents death of the old and bringing in the new. This year could well represent a large global crisis and social renewal afterward, the Maya calendar foretold it all.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2020...ChUthJUg4u-7n6f_Einv6Sv1HUiSRiyyW0pFI9RZDbw1k

CapAquaPis

And the Mayas used a 270-day Venus calendar (about 9 months) along with the solar and lunar cycles. March 1st-Nov 30th in 2020 forms one cycle, we're in the 100th day (June 10-11) and there's the 111th day (June 20-21) falls on the summer solstice. Dec 21st is on the winter solstice is farther down the calendar after the end of the Venusian cycle on the 9th month and 20th day. The Mayas based the Venusian calendar on the average length of human pregnancy and it does last around 9 months or 40 weeks, but it can last up to 43 weeks in a few cases. Venus was in 23' Aries on March 1st and in 6' Sagittarius on Dec 21st, both are malefic degrees (conjunct the malefic Eris in 23' Aries on Mar 1st, and Venus squares the Moon in 1' Aries on Dec 21st, when the Moon conjunct Eris).

david starling

I'm attributing the 2020 turmoil and mayhem to the approach of the Uranian-ruled tropical Aquarian Age, with Saturn being strongest in Capricorn, the Sign of its Domicile, and fighting to maintain its unilateral grip on the Age-authority it has had during this tropical Age of Capricorn.

Like the Nodes and BML, the tropical (unlike the sidereal) Age-indicator has both a "True-setting", and, a "Mean-setting" which is the average placement of the True-settings.

The True-setting for the tropical Age-indicator is calculated at the time of Earth's Perihelion for each year, and in 2020 it had its closest approach to tropical Aquarius yet--less than 1 degree away.
Meanwhile, Pluto is a rival to Saturnian authority, and its presence in Capricorn has Saturn very riled up, and doing its worst.

Last edited:

david starling

Locating the True-setting for Earth's Perihelion in a tropical Chart is easy. But locating the Mean-setting is more difficult, and I'm still not entirely satisfied that I've gotten it exactly correct. After doing a lot of calculating using available data, I settled on 2149 as the Mean-setting ingress of the tropical Age-indicator into tropical Aquarius. However, given the extremely slow transit of the Age-indicator, and the huge swaths of time involved, a variation of about 1-10 years is only to be expected, and has little impact on the ultimate result.

Last edited:

david starling

Having "done the math" and ended up with 2149 as the Mean-setting ingress for the tropical Aquarian Age, an interesting coincidence hadn't occurred to me until I saw tropical astrologer-extraordinaire Robert Hand's opinion, that the only Aquarian Age he knows about, the sidereal version, will begin in 2149. This is based on this Age's A.D. dating system, beginning at the date, 1 A.D. and adding the length of a sidereal Age of 2148 years (at the current rate of Precession). Since there is no "0 A.D." year, you end up at 2149. I think his intuitive ability led him to unconsciously choose a method applied to the sidereal Zodiac that lines up with his own tropical Zodiac's Age of Aquarius start-year.

The vast majority of actual sidereal astrologers, who are using their type of Zodiac for actual Chart-readings, have a start-year for the sidereal Aquarian Age that's more than 200 years later than 2149.

Last edited:

david starling

Using my astronomically calculated Mean-setting start-year of 2149 for the tropical Aquarian Age, the year 2033 looms large. This is because not only will the True-setting of the tropical Age-indicator come within less than half a degree away from ingressing tropical Aquarius for the first time. In that same year, the steadily Direct Mean-setting of the tropical Age-indicator will reach the milestone of 28 degrees, only 2 degrees away from ingressing tropical Aquarius. And, a new Age-degree Generation will begin, with that Mean-setting in its Natal-charts.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

If 2012 (or 2001) wasn't the hallmark year in the transition of the ages, how about 2023? These 3 years have full moons within the first 8 days of the year. Jan 6, 2023...although every 19 years, a full moon falls on the same day (the last time it was in 2004).

david starling

If 2012 (or 2001) wasn't the hallmark year in the transition of the ages, how about 2023? These 3 years have full moons within the first 8 days of the year. Jan 6, 2023...although every 19 years, a full moon falls on the same day (the last time it was in 2004).

Definitely 2023 for another hallmark year, with Pluto's ingress into Aquarius breaking it open for yet another transformational phase in this incredible, Global Transition.

Last edited:

david starling

It was the work and opinions of Cyril Fagan, founder of Western siderealism, that enabled me to delineate these tropical Ages. He wasn't an enthusiastic proponent of the sidereal Ages, since he couldn't relate them well enough to the historical characteristics they purport to describe. For example, he (correctly, imo) would have expected a very peaceful Age of Pisces, instead of the constant warfare, with increasingly powerful weaponry, which transpired.

The Age-window innovation was actually designed to explain his point of view, while promoting the approach of a sidereal Aquarian Age as well.

david starling

The Age-window provides both a foreground Age-sign and Age-ruler, AND, a background Age-sign and Age-ruler.

Tropically, this explains the "Big 2", Saturn foreground, as Capricornian Age-ruler and Jupiter background, as Sagittarian Age-ruler. Saturn's running the show, but Jupiter has a lot of influence over how it plays out.

Sidereally, the foreground Age of Pisces with its Neptunian-rulership is heavily influenced by the background Age of Aries and the background Age-ruler, Mars..

So, the Age-window incorporates the overlap of Age-signs, which many of those who study the Ages have already noted.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I'm attributing the 2020 turmoil and mayhem to the approach of the Uranian-ruled tropical Aquarian Age, with Saturn being strongest in Capricorn, the Sign of its Domicile, and fighting to maintain its unilateral grip on the Age-authority it has had during this tropical Age of Capricorn.

Like the Nodes and BML, the tropical (unlike the sidereal) Age-indicator has both a "True-setting", and, a "Mean-setting" which is the average placement of the True-settings.

The True-setting for the tropical Age-indicator is calculated at the time of Earth's Perihelion for each year, and in 2020 it had its closest approach to tropical Aquarius yet--less than 1 degree away.
Meanwhile, Pluto is a rival to Saturnian authority, and its presence in Capricorn has Saturn very riled up, and doing its worst.

Funny, I was thinking they were trying to outdo each other.

david starling

The tropical Age-window is centered on the center-line of the Earth's elliptical orbit.

The sidereal Age-window is conventionally boundary located, with its leading boundary-point on the First boundary-point between Seasons.

Opal

Premium Member
The tropical Age-window is centered on the center-line of the Earth's elliptical orbit.

The sidereal Age-window is conventionally boundary located, with its leading boundary-point on the First boundary-point between Seasons.

Who will in your thoughts, enter Aquarius first. Sidereal or Tropical?