Any creativity to see?

Elf

Hello there,

I'm fairly new to astrology and am reading a lot about interpretation. One of the reasons I feel I'm attracted to astrology at this stage is because I feel there's a creative side to myself that's untapped. But looking around my chart - specifically at the MC/ascendant.. and a lot of Capricorn influence generally... there doesn't seem to be much indication of this?

Well... I'm guessing that I may well be wrong and have a naive understanding of charts. If anyone could give me any insight, I would be so grateful! I'm attaching my chart, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 28
  • natal.png
    natal.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 33
A few things to remember: any chart can be a creative one. Creativity is not just about painting or playing an instrument or acting; it's about coming up with novel solutions to existing problems. Most people are creative in one way or another.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the 5th house, which traditionally rules "creativity" according to most books, is really about self-expression, and they aren't 100% the same things. My husband is the most brilliant musician I know and he has nothing in his 5th house, because for him, music is not about personal expression - his songs evoke moods and tell stories, but not autobiographical stories or catharsis (unlike most artists who have a bunch of stuff in 5). You've got an empty 5th house, so whatever you do creatively, it might not be the traditional display-your-emotional-trauma artistic path; think of ways instead to tell stories and solve problems that you find interesting rather than emotionally compelling.

A third thing is that people always think of Capricorn as rather practical, down-to-earth, and boring because of its rule by Saturn. My husband and I have noticed, however, that nearly every Sci-Fi writer you can think of (Isaac Asimov, just for starters!) and a hell of a lot of tradition-bending artists/musicians (Marilyn Manson, Janis Joplin, David Bowie) are Capricorns. I think the idea is that you have to be realllyyy familiar with the traditions before you can break them properly. And you have all that Leo/Cap energy, so you know the traditions of whatever you do quite well. You can break them in amazing ways!

But, if you really MUST have a traditional art form, your best bet is probably to look into community theater...thanks to your third house (local environment) Leo (rules acting).

Elf

Wow, that's a really interesting way to think about it. I hadn't considered different kinds or approaches to creativity, but what you've said about tradition-bending and a less emotional approach definitely rings true.

I'll have to start observing artists charts! Thanks so much for your insight :)

Arena

Hello to you
I'd like to point out another way to look at your chart.
I do not see any birth date/time given, so I cannot cast it myself to see the angularity of planets in mundo (close to the angles). That is very important indeed. It seems to me that you might actually have Neptune and Uranus angular - and Neptune is considered a creative planet. If it is angular, you could indeed be very creative.

Another very important point in your chart is that the ruler of the 5th house as I see it is VENUS. Venus can be a very creative planet, and it is placed in your 1st house (by whole sign).
I would think that you LOVE romance and are probably very romantic. But you also love intellectual partners, but there is a side of you that finds it difficult to stay totally commited for long (I think - it is because I see that Venus is in Gemini and your Uranus is on the Dsc). You are attracted to intellect and people who are travellers and like variety. There might have been some problems with alcohol/substance abuse since we see Neptune in your 7th. Neptune has both positive and negative side to it. But your partner is/will probably be a very good provider, as it is ruled by Jupiter and Jupiter is by sidereal in your 2nd house in Cancer where it is evalted.

But the way I am looking into astrology is a bit different than many others. I look at your chart in western sidereal method, but I also look at whole sign houses. I see your chart with Gemini rising, with your Sun in Cancer and your Moon in Capricorn. You are born at night, so the Moon would be very important in your character. Mars would be at home in Aries in 11th house.

JUPITERASC

Hello there,

I'm fairly new to astrology and am reading a lot about interpretation.
One of the reasons I feel I'm attracted to astrology at this stage is because I feel there's a creative side to myself that's untapped.
But looking around my chart - specifically at the MC/ascendant..
and a lot of Capricorn influence generally...
there doesn't seem to be much indication of this?

Well... I'm guessing that I may well be wrong and have a naive understanding of charts.
If anyone could give me any insight, I would be so grateful!
I'm attaching my chart, thanks in advance.
This question would be easier to answer
if we can be certain of the official birthtime given
The ascendant is not even one degree Cancer
which means that if the time of birth were only three minutes earlier
then the ascendant would have been Gemini

of course it is entirely possible that you have a Tropical Cancer Ascendant
but my question is
how reliable is the given time of birth?

by the way
Arena is using Sidereal measurement of earth's orbit of the Sun :smile:
and
There's a brief animated illustration
that describes Tropical measurement and Sidereal measurement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI&feature=related

Elf

That's interesting, thanks for your thoughts. I haven't even started to explore alternate forms of astrology yet! My birth date is 5th August 1990, 1.59am in London, UK

Elf

Yes, I'm pretty sure my birth time is 1.59am, as this was the time my mother told me! Reading rising sign descriptions for Gemini and Cancer however, I fit both... which doesn't help much for clarification?

Elf

The possibility of my having a Gemini ascendant might seem more plausible as I currently have a natal chart really lacking air, which seems to go against a definite intellectual energy that I have :/

JUPITERASC

Yes, I'm pretty sure my birth time is 1.59am,
as this was the time my mother told me!
Reading rising sign descriptions for Gemini and Cancer however, I fit both... which doesn't help much for clarification?
Is the time your mother told you noted anywhere, for example on medical records?
The possibility of my having a Gemini ascendant might seem more plausible
as I currently have a natal chart really lacking air,
which seems to go against a definite intellectual energy that I have :/
According to traditional astrology, the Ascendant or Rising SIGN describes the physical appearance

Main Rulerships of 1st House

'.....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body

Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.
As well as describing the physical appearance, :smile:
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality and strength...'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

JUPITERASC

Typical Features of a Gemini Ascendant

Tall straight body, inclining to thinness,
long arms
dark hair
good eyesight
(Lilly describes 'a good piercing hazel eye')
quick reflexes and mental alertness.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gemini.html

Typical Features of a Cancer Ascendant

Small stature
round face, pale complexion
small eyes
top half of body generally larger than the lower.
however keep in mind that

All general descriptions are moderated
by the location of the Moon
and other dominant chart factors
:smile: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/cancer.html

Elf

Thank you for all your input!

Unfortunately I don't have a definite time of birth on birth certificate etc.

I have a slightly more Gemini appearance, although Cancer could apply too... and in terms of my home life as a child, I certainly had a more recognizably Cancer one (I think)... so confusing!

But this would be my birth chart (attached) if I was born a few minutes earlier... 5th August, 1990 1.54am London, UK

could anyone tell me whether the career path/ creative aspect would be more highlighted here? Or if there is something that might be considerably different than the first chart with cancer rising... might help figure out which is accurate. Much appreciated :)

Attachments

• natal chart gemini rising.png
    natal chart gemini rising.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 21
  • natal chart gemini rising (1).png
    natal chart gemini rising (1).png
    100.5 KB · Views: 21

JUPITERASC

Thank you for all your input!

Unfortunately I don't have a definite time of birth on birth certificate etc.

I have a slightly more Gemini appearance, although Cancer could apply too... and in terms of my home life as a child, I certainly had a more recognizably Cancer one (I think)... so confusing!

But this would be my birth chart (attached) if I was born a few minutes earlier... 5th August, 1990 1.54am London, UK

could anyone tell me whether the career path/ creative aspect would be more highlighted here?
Or if there is something that might be considerably different than the first chart with cancer rising...

might help figure out which is accurate.

Much appreciated
:)
Verifying an accurate ascendant is step one for any natal chart
however few realise that their natal chart time may be incorrect

and that if the time is wrong
then it's not their chart

RECTIFICATION TIPS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626 :smile:

There's a guidance example of career/profession delineation at
DELINEATING NATAL CHART
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=377797#post377797
33kc45s.png

Lets now look at this person's chart.
Lets first examine her profession.
We will start from examining the 1st (as Ascendant shows the Primal Motivation of the person) and 10th. Then we'll look at some Lots.

Almuten of the Ascendant is Venus in 6th in Leo which first suggest that the person is lining toward performance (Leo).
Jupiter is the domicile ruler of the 1st and 10th (also Almuten of the 10th).
Jupiter is in the 2nd Aries with the Moon. Moon is giving an emotional (the Pisces Ascendant too) note to that Jupiter's functioning.
Moon's last aspect was trine with Sun in Leo in 6th and the next aspect is conjunction with the 1st-10th ruler Jupiter.
Jupiter and Moon are making Trine with the MC which suggests that the career of this person would be of high importance for her.
From the other side Sun and Venus are also giving trine to the MC.

Pars Hyleg is showing the Life Purpose of the person and in this chart it is in 13 Taurus which would suggest that the person is probably musician (because of Venus) and probably Singer (because Taurus = throat).
Venus is domicile ruler and Almuten of the Pars Hyleg and being in Venus is leaning toward performance again. Venus is seen the Pars Hyleg by square signs which is good (the seeing!) for the pars.

The triplicity rulers are all afflicted.
Jupiter by Retrogradation (and Saturn too plus being cadent). Sun is cadent in 6th.
But the term ruler Mercury (the Divisor of the MC) is quite strong in 7th in its own domicile which would also suggest that the person would be famous and related to the public.

Part of Fortune is in the 5th (performance, entertainment?), the ruler Mars is in the 4th (angular) from Fortune which is strong placement.

Lot of Exaltation is at 25Pisces in 1st. Strong placement, angular and Jupiter being its Lord, Venus its Almuten.

To summarize, we would say that this person is high performer, probably singer and musician, and is very good at it, popular but maybe having problems with career in the later years suggested by Retrograde/Cadent Saturn in 12th participating ruler of the MC.

Remember, we are looking at the profession of this person not her whole life.
Well, this person is Whitney Houston. So, can the chart show success and profession type beforehand? I think it can.

Arena

Like I said above, I was looking at your sidereal chart - so it has Sun in Cancer and I thought the Moon would be in Cappi, but it seems to fall into the last degree of Saggi instead with the sidereal chart. With Mercury (chart ruler) in Leo in 3rd (communicative) and Mars in Aries in 11th - might tell a bit about your friends?

By that view you would have your ASC in first decan of Gemini, disregarding a few minutes difference.
FIRST DECAN of GEMINI Rising (00.00 - 10.00 degrees)

Copyright © Dell Magazines [Dell Horoscope] -- Online version Copyright © 1999 - 2014 - Elbert Wade [Author]
This Gemini/MERCURY decan is, of course, the most typical. Much of what was covered above applies fully, but there is more. Gemini -- natural ruler of the third house of the conscious mind, communication, experience, and experimenting--w ell may give you a sharp, above-average intellect. What you do with this is, of course, up to y ou. You could become a good salesperson, writer, teacher of any number of subjects in the broad field of communications; you might work in these areas as well. Or, you could become a flighty, gossipy, scatterbrain whom others may find an interesting novelty for a while but won't want to become too involved for long.

You are restless and may find yourself quite uncomfortable if both your mind and hands aren't occupied. Reading may be one of your favorite pastimes; almost any subject might capture your interest -- for a time. Try to direct your reading choices into areas that are usable and marketable. Your youthful appearance can be a definite asset, as well as keeping others guessing how old you really are. You may be left-handed or at least ambidextrous. The third-house influence likely will cause you to do more than the average amount of travel, much of it local in nature. It's probable that you love to drive.

Appearance-wise, you seem intelligent and normally act in the same manner. Others ask you many questions because you look as if you should know the correct answers. Because you are so active, seldom do you need to be too concerned about how much you eat; in fact, you may not have a very large appetite anyway. Even though you may not appear very strong, others may not believe how much strength and energy you can demonstrate. Your voice is very clear, your speech precise and normally correct. Seldom are you at a loss for something to say, even if you know little about the particular subject.

So Gemini/Mercury traits would be very strong in you.

I looked into your chart in mundo and I can see that the only angular planet that you have is Uranus on your DSC. You really need variety and might have a hard time committing for long term relationships. You also have Mars close to your second ASC (the EP) in the mundo chart. This would mean you might be a bit aggressive and show some Mars/aries traits as well in your manner of being.

If you are interested at all in reading a bit about your sidereal planetary positions, here are some descriptions from solunars.net:

Moon in Sagi:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8#p36

Sun in Cancer:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7#p18

Mercury in Leo:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=74#p360

Mars in Aries:
http://solunars.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=75#p381

The descriptions of the signs are a bit different than tropical.

For myself I can say that I identify much more with this description of both Moon and Sun (most important since they are the luminaries) than the tropical descriptions ...although I am not yet totally sure of my ASC :) ... but that might be because like JupiterAsc says - your appearance will be a mixture of your ASC and the Moon for noctural person (born at night) and the Sun for a diurnal person (born at day).

For myself, I have Moon in Aries (finally found the strong Aries connection) and I do have some appearance that coinsides with Aries, more than with Gemini (ASC if right birth time)... so in a way I do identify with my sidereal signs. But there is more to western sidereal astrology ... there is the mundoscope that tells about the angularity of the planets. If you have a planet on an angle, it will show very strongly in your life and character.