My ascendant is absolutely nothing like me

Meluzina

Hello. I'm new to the topic of astrology and it looked quiet interesting to me, because the signs really are archetypes that repeat themselves over and over, so I think there's absolutely something to it. It feels i little like psychology to me but more humanly, can be really helpful.

But than I found out a problem about my asc. According to western it's supposed to be capricorn, sidereal something different, but let's leave it for now.

Ok, so I frequently see people saying: "no, you don't have to have the main trait of it, because planet x is in the position y" which already sounds a little suspicious, but ok. Well how about having no traits of it plus consider the traits to be probably the less valueble features that a person can have? Like people, ascendant is supposed to be your persona (contrary to the self that is sun sign) so that are supposed to be traits that I'd wanted to show to the society :D that's ridiculous, honestly. I have no interest in achieving goals and I don't see climbing a hierarchical leadder as a virtue, because hierarchie, order, rules, that's grosse to me, it smothers life and it's no good, these goals exist only to people that are weak but want to feel like on the top of things, so they can feel like they are managing their life which they are truly just flashing down the toilet. Not only that they are not making good, no, they are just so centered on their imaginary interest that doesn't matter in the cosmos and hurt other people because of their blindness. People that are not able to change their mind because their to weak to accept the fact that they were wrong - so called stubborn... Small minded people, destroying their minds with unnecessary earthly details, unimportant to the bigger frame! Never want to get stucked in something like this, never! I want to see the world, I want to know things and share what I know for the good and end up poor but full of life that I lived, that is what I want! Laugh, cry, scream, whisper everytime you felt like it, because you were free!

So tell me, how am I a capricorn? So should I just start with eastrn way from the beggining?

Last edited:

blacksun?

Hello. I'm new to the topic of astrology and it looked quiet interesting to me, because the signs really are archetypes that repeat themselves over and over, so I think there's absolutely something to it. It feels i little like psychology to me but more humanly, can be really helpful.

But than I found out a problem about my asc. According to western it's supposed to be capricorn, sidereal something different, but let's leave it for now.

Ok, so I frequently see people saying: "no, you don't have to have the main trait of it, because planet x is in the position y" which already sounds a little suspicious, but ok. Well how about having no traits of it plus consider the traits to be probably the less valueble features that a person can have? Like people, ascendant is supposed to be your persona (contrary to the self that is sun sign) so that are supposed to be traits that I'd wanted to show to the society :D that's ridiculous, honestly. I have no interest in achieving goals and I don't see climbing a hierarchical leadder as a virtue, because hierarchie, order, rules, that's grosse to me, it smothers life and it's no good, these goals exist only to people that are weak but want to feel like on the top of things, so they can feel like they are managing their life which they are truly just flashing down the toilet. Not only that they are not making good, no, they are just so centered on their imaginary interest that doesn't matter in the cosmos and hurt other people because of their blindness. People that are not able to change their mind because their to weak to accept the fact that they were wrong - so called stubborn... Small minded people, destroying their minds with unnecessary earthly details, unimportant to the bigger frame! Never want to get stucked in something like this, never! I want to see the world, I want to know things and share what I know for the good and end up poor but full of life that I lived, that is what I want! Laugh, cry, scream, whisper everytime you felt like it, because you were free!

So tell me, how am I a capricorn? So should I just start with eastrn way from the beggining?
[chart deleted by OP's request - Moderator]

You sound really smart.
I know some Caps and only one of them is a player, a pimp. One is a worried house mom and another is a wishy washy artist-ish type.

You've got heavy Gemini with both moon and Sun and Mercury there so that's what you 'are' - quick witted and playful and sharp, quick to judge but not heavy, Cap ascendant just makes you serious about your values. Your ascendant trines Venus in divine Taurus, so it's a very ... fragrant Cap. Nice supple earth.

Harshness comes from Pluto opposing moon.

Last edited by a moderator:

blacksun?

Further, you have Jupiter in Sagittarius, the sign it rules and which it has entered again very recently.

According to the Jupiter Calendar, this is your Jupiter-year.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110629

Hey, very beautiful. Jupiter in his own sign opposed Mercury in his own sign.
Philosophy calls.

Disclosing new frontiers of thinking. The opposition is the quintessential aspect of philosophy and high art.

To top it off Uranus also in his own sign.
4 planets in their own sign: Mercury, Venus, Jupiter (his new years Today!) And Uranus.

5, counting Pluto in Scorpio.

No joke. Powerful chart. Hard to fool you.

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

I have my ascendant at 18.01 degrees SAG, modified by Jupiter in Capricorn in the 1st. The descriptions I've read of SAG ascendant include traits such as bold, confident, adventurous, impulsive, hot-tempered with possible leadership qualities. Physical frame is thin, athletic, strong bones and above average height. I am absolutely nothing like that. I usually give off a fairly bookish, quiet but witty kind of impression though from time to time people do think I have decent looks. I'm plump, physically I'm anything but strong and I'm only average height (5'10), though above average in the part of the world I'm from (SW China). Most people from SW China aren't that tall, especially if they're of southern stock, but you also find taller people because regions like Sichuan and Chongqing historically saw lots of migration from the north.

Now, what about my 1st house and Jupiter and Capricorn? I guess I do give off a vibe of joyfulness and confidence when people first see me, they won't exactly perceive me as shy, but someone who's relatively talkative and easy to get along with. That's the face I show initially. However, once someone really starts knowing me, they'll find out that I'm an introvert and a lot more cautious, even timid than the first impression I give. The Capricorn part makes people realize I'm a lot more conservative and held-back in some of my deeper values than what they originally guessed. However, regarding Jupiter in Capricorn being successful in a worldly sense and having aspirations towards wealth and status, that's total ******** to my actual character. I despise those things, I'd never wish them on myself as I'd much prefer living simply and peacefully. I hate change and deep down I'm a homely kind of person who prefers familiarity. I'd totally be a SAHD. I guess that's the effect of my Sun in Cancer opposite my Jupiter in Capricorn? I strongly feel that my Jupiter placement and what it represents runs completely contrary to my core character.

Meluzina

Hello BaoSanniang. I think from your description, that there are no contradictions from my point of view - well of someone who just started to read about astrology. I wouldn't really mind the appearance traits, they are also a mix of more of your influences and what you find on the internet belongs more to the western types and sometimes they are contradictory you see. If you are seen as confident and joyful, you are probably really being seen as your ascendant. And well it doesn't take to be a capricorn, to have a jupiter in capricorn. You said you prefer familiar, you're conservative, cautious, held-back ... well these are capricorn qualities, they are seriousness, stone-firm, earthly qualities, and you have family on the other side because you are a cancer, so they are bound to the family first rule and you are really serious about the peace you want. I know that capricorn is seen as 'action' but how I see it, it's not really a creative or inventive or change-seeking action, it's merely a token of one's devotion, discipline and resolution, so the achievement for capricorn is reassurance, getting what they already have. And you see if you really have this strong protective drive towards you and your land and your family (which is the cancer and capricorn togheter) it's no wonder that you would protect it and provide for it with the sagittarius from the outside...

Well you see, I was originally complaining because I don't even look serious or cold or resoluted to the others. They say I'm optimistic, nice, a little nuts...I'm very bad in maniging my emotions in public, you see I walk down the street and laugh, I even speak to myself...I'am really messy, I move with the elegance of a newborn horse, and I look like I'm really into just about anything... And it's me who throw the stone in the water when others are shy.. but I'm also trying to be me as much as I can, because it makes me happy

yuriv

I really think you should read on Sagittarius ascendant. You sound like one, you just likened yourself to a horse too. Sometimes when the tropical ascendant doesn't fit, it's because one is likely to resonate with the sidereal more.

Meluzina

Hey yuriv. Yes, that's exactly what I was pointing at firstly, my sidereal ascendant is sagittarius and it fits me well. That's why I wanted to ask, if I should interpret my ilogical tropical chart, or the equally illogical sidereal. Because my Sun, Moon, Mercury and Lilith would be in Taurus in sidereal. Again, I am not an earthly, material person and I am not stable. And taking only the ascendant from sidereal sounds like cherry picking. If you could explain a bit, why it would work like that, I could accept that, but otherwise I would prefer to stick to only one system, because so far it seems that they are developed as an united complex, not a mere assemblage.

yuriv

That's why i had to reply to you. I used tropical system and it resonated with me then my view of myself and astrology moved to sidereal. So it's always which one resonates with you. I have a similar chart to yours, that actually made me reply. I will post it. The essential thing is to find the one for you, which you can work it. If you use tropical, your ascendant is capricorn - earthy characteristics. If you use sidereal, sun is taurus - earthy. That's the catch. You might think you are not earthy at all, but your chart both of them are saying otherwise. So look in. Study both charts and make a decision on which to focus on

blacksun?

It will remain a confusing issue, since the two systems just rotate with respect to each other and now happen to only slightly overlap, where around the year 0 they were exactly the same - in 60 000 years it rotates around.
the one is about stars and the other is about the seasons, the cardinal points.
Vedic is thus about rawer, older forces, Western more about our "private" solar logos.

Note that Vedic astrology holds the Moon to be most significant.
You have it in Taurus, its exaltation. So do I, which is indeed confusing as I also am very Gemini like with it.
One layer is of a different nature than the other.
I think both apply equally and that makes it weird since were just off the starting point in the 60 000 year cycle.

What remains is the Aspects. They don't change from once system to the next, other than the Vedic astrology doesn't recognize a lot of them as being real aspects and also doesn't account for Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Eris, etc - all things which in my system are deeply essential.

So I stick with aspects of all the known planets, as my main orientation. In combination with the Houses, which are the same in both systems, and aspects to the cusps, especially the cardinal ones, this gives a rich picture.

Meluzina - I was tempted to extend you more interpretations, but I realized that Iv not necessarily been helped by interference of astrologers who saw all sorts of things in me. It taught me a great deal, but also got me hung up on issues that weren't my own but these astrologers.

I suppose it is of some Importance to forge an accord between Jupiter and Pluto, if I may give one advice. But in general I do not see that you are the type that wishes to disregard the discovery process.

Therefore, given my first impression of you as a philosopher, Ill just link you to a philosophy scatterbin, fragments of discussions of some years.

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188756&start=1225

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

After reading your post, I didn't even have to look at your Asc.

Capricorn is at 12 degrees (Pisces degree).

You obviously have Pisces energy (based on what you said). You are a high level thinker, help others and don't want to be worried about earthly details as you said. Your personality likely merges Capricorn and Pisces traits together. Which is fortunate (albeit counteractive) because Pisces ppl can be lazy. You may have attn to detail and some motivation behind your big ideas to actually get some things done.

Meluzina

yuriv I've been looking at both and both, when I look at the different influences, seem to make some kind of a way. It's like... if they both spoke about me, they're both valueble, but I'm not sure about their relation. There are so many questions. So yes, I will try to study them both, thank you for that impulse.

blacksun? Yes, somehow. However, I don't understand what you said about rotation. So far I don't understand how they are supposed to work physically, I think of them as imaginary circular periods system that are inherently in synch with different circular motions so I don't see how they are supposed to by not in synch, like in what aspect of them because it's more like about being in synch with different prosses. But hopefuly, I will find more about that some day. Just want to look about if it works or not at this moment.

It will take me some time to put that togheter, all those different parts, and my first question already sounds funny.

Well I would have been probably glad for that interpretation since I'm trying to understand how natal chart works which is why I started with mine and what people look at there gives me clues how to understand :) but nevermind. This is also a fine riddle. And regarding that forum, well that's very long and I guess I'm too self-aborbed and preoccupied with my own thoughts and I take other people's toughts carefully in small doses. Well, I will grow older eventually.

Hello watcherofthesouth

Well I don't know about my pisces energy, they say we all have that kind!

Teach

Banned
Meluzina

Ascendant in Capricorn can mean this: A strong nature, intellectually curious, and giving in to others.

Psychology wise Capricorn ascendants can be hidden, 12th house-like, crab-like (moving), house-loving and career-driven.

The notion of being earthy in standard astrology is just an assumption of a fact, like earth signs for example being very boring. This is just an assumption by weak minds.

Capricorns are not boring.

Forgotten Warrior

Hello Meluzina, I'm not sure if you'll read my reply, but here it goes...

Your ascendant isn't about physical traits.It's mostly about that part of your personality you show with most ease to people,especially with those you don't know.
I've seen you're pretty intelligent and opinionated, and that is so Capricorn.
Anyway, your Asc is just a small part of your chart, but you can relate to the rest of it, right?
Of course, the Asc may be influenced by duads, dwads and decans(Each sign is shared in 12 parts of 2,5 degrees each-duads,dwads is the same thing only each duad is given a zodiac sign in order, so in a normal 30 degrees zodiac sign we'll have a mini-zodiac.The decans are 3 parts of 10 degrees each,.The first duad is the sign itself.Then the other two are the other signs of the same element in order after the first duad-e.g: Libra- 1st duad(Libra)2nd duad(Aquarius),3rd duad(Gemini)
There are(and will be) much better replies than mine,so you can correct me.
Btw,are you French(or from another French-speaking country/region)?

Last edited:

greybeard

It is not that you and your Asc don't match up. It's that you expect the affair to be simple. You are a human being...a very complex being indeed.

Astrology works (I claim, after many years of study.) It is quite specific and detailed.

The meanings given in the books to the various symbols are necessarily generalized.

Capricorn is earthy. But above the sign, conditioning or modifying its expression is the Lord of Capricorn, Saturn.

When "reading" the Asc, you MUST look to the lord of the sign, any planets near the Angle or, secondarily, any planets in the First House, and any planets aspecting the Asc or planets in the house.

And above all, the chart must be seen as a Whole. After all, you are a Whole and the chart describes you.