Indicators of Musical Talent in a Natal Chart

TimeSinger

I have a degree in music. When you study for a music degree, you have to "declare" an instrument of study. Voice is considered an instrument. Personally, I feel there is a difference between a "singer" and a "vocalist." A vocalist is trained and can perform any style of music. Most trained musicians play multiple instruments. I started as a pianist, picked up guitar, then switched to voice after suffering nerve damage to my hands in a wreck. I've also studied viola and even dabbled with chromatic harmonica, but due to my health issues, I obtained my degree in Voice.

TimeSinger

Interesting. I was a professional musician for 38 years (before health issues forced me to retire) and I also have a Scorpio ascendant, tho my sun is in Taurus. I have Neptune right on the ascendant; it's in the 1st house if you use Placidus, in the 12th if you use Koch. My sun is on the descendant (6th house with Placidus, 7th with Koch) and Uranus is on the MC, also straddling houses. The funny part is, I didn't want to be a performer but singing ended up being the easiest way to earn money after I suffered injuries in an automobile collision.

TimeSinger

Re: music and musicality

I just joined this community, and I'm learning so much already. Thanks so much for the information. One of the things I know nothing about is progressions and transits, so when I get settled in here, I hope I can learn to apply what I learn to my own life. I'm going through an unsettle period lately, with health issues forcing me to abandon my music career, and now I'm focusing on writing instead. I'm really hoping to get some guidance and learn what direction Spirit is guiding me toward at this point. Ironically, I've always wanted to be a writer but music was the easiest way to earn money.

AtomsInPlace

This an interesting topic.

I've been told that I have musical talent (was also offered a record contract, which I turned down)

I can't quite see the indicators in my chart, and I have no musical background. I just picked up a guitar at the age of 27 and started teaching myself to play, then I started writing songs...I actually have a youtube channel with me performing 19 of my original songs. I did everything by myself, writing, composing, singing, recording and producing with very basic gear. But I can't read a musical note to save my life hehe...

Perhaps I will post some of my songs on the "show off" board here, incase anybody is interested in studying how certain aspects/placements effect musical ability and style?

SimonG

Hi everybody, this thread which seems to have been written on for already twelve years is very close to my interest in my current astrological study. Going through everything, I'd like to see even more people commenting on their findings to help me forward. Currently I'm going through singer charts, 150 of them right now, to pinpoint common factors among talented, performing artists. Has anyone noticed any effect via Saturn? How about Neptune, Pluto? How about other objects in the Houses below the ascendant (1-3)?