my friends asks - does he regret ?

LadyBella

She cast this chart, it's about an ex affair, she asks if the guy deeply regrets of ending the relationship with her.

This is a night chart, both the querent and quesite receive mercury by triplicity so mercury here is important in this question.

I don't see a strong reception from moon to Saturn only by term, not strong enough to regret this ending. He is in his 12th house of regret but he exalts the ruler of the house (mercury), I don't think he regrets at all breaking up with her, there is venus there another girl. I think he feels relieved breaking up with her.

what do you guys think ? thank you

Attachments

• does he regret.jpg
    does he regret.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Chrysalis

It looks like he does regret, as first we have a Cancer Dsc and when moon was trine mars (his L5), Neptune was also in a square too, so he probably thought the grass was greener on the other side, but he was wrong as he's ended up in a cadent house of failure. Having the significator in air signs would probably show it being a superficial connection, one that can quickly get boring and die out.

Was it a long term relationship she had with him?

Sweet2020

It looks like he does regret, as first we have a Cancer Dsc and when moon was trine mars (his L5), Neptune was also in a square too, so he probably thought the grass was greener on the other side, but he was wrong as he's ended up in a cadent house of failure. Having the significator in air signs would probably show it being a superficial connection, one that can quickly get boring and die out.

I see moon will sextile mercury, ruler of his 12th house, what is that mean ?

Chrysalis

I see moon will sextile mercury, ruler of his 12th house, what is that mean ?

That's another element of regret.

Take note what sign he's in, he's in Gemini, and now separating from both venus and Neptune, it was fun to start with but now he's got bored.

Sweet2020

That's another element of regret.

Take note what sign he's in, he's in Gemini, and now separating from both venus and Neptune, it was fun to start with but now he's got bored.

Thank you to help me learn it.
what may happen soon the moon sextile mercury , it is a good aspect ?
And if he regrets then why he exalts mercury that rules his 12th house ?

LadyBella

Thank you Chrysalis.

Answering you, it was an on/off relationship for 2yrs, they were never officially as boyfriend/girlfriend. But it was more than having a good time together, she was with him in his worst moment and after all, he had texted her like ending with her, she felt hurt for him not valued her after all she've done to him.

ameliaastrology

Oh I think he does regret it. Simply by L7 Moon applying to L6 (L7's H12) Mercury by sextile with reception and not to mention the moon himself is in such a bad shape in the unfortunate House 12.

Both parties have an interest in Mercury, of course, because it's Lord of H6, the guy's house of regrets.

That Venus is a separating aspect. I agree with Wisdomjoy this guy has had his fun but now...

Your friend is strong, just changed sign. She is moving on alright, no?

Last edited:

Sweet2020

Oh I think he does regret it. Simply by L7 Moon applying to L6 (L7's H12) Mercury by sextile with reception and not to mention the moon himself is in such a bad shape in the unfortunate House 12.

Both parties have an interest in Mercury, of course, because it's Lord of H6, the guy's house of regrets.

That Venus is a separating aspect. I agree with Wisdomjoy this guy has had his fun but now...

Your friend is strong, just changed sign. She is moving on alright, no?

Hello Amelia, i started studying horary and I don't understand why mercury is so important for both of them, I read about the receptions and I thought that the quesite to feel regret, I should look the house he/she is in and if he feels sad, in other words being in his detriment/ fall sign that results the quesite is not happy and regrets but in this chart the quesite is exalting the ruler of his 12th house , I don't get the meaning of this exaltation ?
Also,I don't see a love feeling from quesite for the querent maybe he only regrets for not being with her anymore ?

ameliaastrology

Hello Amelia, i started studying horary and I don't understand why mercury is so important for both of them, I read about the receptions and I thought that the quesite to feel regret, I should look the house he/she is in and if he feels sad, in other words being in his detriment/ fall sign that results the quesite is not happy and regrets but in this chart the quesite is exalting the ruler of his 12th house , I don't get the meaning of this exaltation ?
Also,I don't see a love feeling from quesite for the querent maybe he only regrets for not being with her anymore ?

Hello Sweet2020,

By traditional rules, the reception between L6 and L7 strengthens the aspect i.e. the connection between L7's Regrets and L7: confirming there are indeed regrets. That's what it means in my opinion. (You might want to google for Bonatti's table of perfection for this matter.)

William Lilly once said that if L8 Death aspects the querent with mutual reception, the querent will die. I'm applying the same principle here. L6 both aspects AND receives L7 - a potent connection between regrets and the guy. The guy regrets, no escape, that's it.

Sometimes a significator having little or no dignity is enough to answer the question. Only in this particular question, with such nuances about "regrets" or the lack thereof, L7 having no dignity isn't enough. This is because a person can be unhappy for too many reasons. Not to mention that, in horary, having little or no essential dignity can indicate dishonest intentions, too. Not necessarily regrets.

That's why we have to look at his house position and what aspects he makes. Both confirm he indeed regrets.

What shows L1 has an interest in his regrets: L1 Saturn has an out-of-sign square with L6. This indicates L1's interest in L7's regrets. She wants him to regret, so to speak.

As to feelings:

I agree with you. I see no aspect between the two.

Amelia

Last edited:

Sweet2020

Wow thank you so much for your time.

So he exalting mercury could I define that his regrets comes with suffering ?

Moon WILL perfect sextile mercury, as it is a future aspect to come up , could I say that this guy will realize more his mistakes towards the querent ?

ameliaastrology

Wow thank you so much for your time.

So he exalting mercury could I define that his regrets comes with suffering ?

Moon WILL perfect sextile mercury, as it is a future aspect to come up , could I say that this guy will realize more his mistakes towards the querent ?

You're very welcome.

I'd rather say that, with strong reception and an easy aspect, his regrets come "easily" to him. He doesn't have to work hard on getting these regrets. They probably come he wants them or not. How that plays out emotionally for him is hard to say. He has at best a slim chance to escape it that's for sure.

It's possible that at the time of perfection the matter culminates in one way or another.

Last edited:

Sweet2020

Thank you Amelia for these lessons, I am enjoying studying the charts here, practicing practicing and readings,of course. Thank you again