Nodal Axis and Karmic Astrology

RubyTuesday

My nodal axis and my MC/IC seem to be exactly conjunct, only opposite. Will someone please tell me which house my NN is in because I can't figure it out? lol Also, I read that this is indicative of having led a life of achievement or prominence in the past and now I'm supposed to stay "low-key" and work behind the scenes instead. I'd like to know what other interpretations are if anyone has any. If anyone is interested in karmic/past life astrology that is.

Here's a link to my natal chart:

http://i.imgur.com/1sQe751.png

Osamenor

Staff member
Your nodes straddle the house cusps. Being so close to angles, I think we can consider them on the MC and IC, which would make them tenth and fourth house, but there might be some hints of the ninth and third in the story.

If we look at this as the south node telling a past life story, we have two indicators that you were a highly visible person in your society: south node conjunct the MC, and conjunct your sun. Highly visible and someone people gravitated to, a leader. Given that your sun is right on the MC for this lifetime, it's likely that you are or have been a leader in this life, too.

For what kind of leader you were, we look at the sign placement of the node and what its sign rulers are doing. Pluto reinforces the ninth house indications by being solidly in the ninth house, in the same sign. Scorpio might indicate war, or any generally traumatic situation, or perhaps an occult society. Saturn in that picture suggests that you had some weighty authority and responsibility. Ninth house adds to the picture of religious or philosophical belief, or, if this is a war situation we're looking at, you could've traveled to fight. Perhaps you lead the invading army. Or perhaps you fought in a war abroad from where you lived.

Mars, other ruler of the node, being in distant, intellectual, and "movement of the people" Aquarius... that seems to me to suggest a cause. Twelfth house suggests downfall, maybe imprisonment, maybe dying in the attempt. Or, if we're going with the religious leader idea, removal from the world.

If you lived a past life where you were out in front leading the troops--literally or figuratively--and perhaps died in a war--you didn't get much chance to build a home, enjoy family life, or have stability. Your north node suggests those things. Taurus is all about security, stability, being grounded. Fourth house suggests building home and family. That could be done literally or figuratively. You might be driven to own your own home. You might want to do something that puts your hands in the dirt, like DIY or crafts or gardening.

You could build a family the traditional way, by marrying and having children, or a non-traditional way, like making a chosen family of friends. Either would serve your north node's purpose.

There's nothing here about having to stay low key and work behind the scenes. Given that all of your planets are above the horizon, you probably wouldn't want to. You still have a tenth house sun, indicating a need to be highly visible to others. The important thing is that, whatever else you do, you give yourself the space to ground, have security, and build home in some sense.

RubyTuesday

Your nodes straddle the house cusps. Being so close to angles, I think we can consider them on the MC and IC, which would make them tenth and fourth house, but there might be some hints of the ninth and third in the story.

If we look at this as the south node telling a past life story, we have two indicators that you were a highly visible person in your society: south node conjunct the MC, and conjunct your sun. Highly visible and someone people gravitated to, a leader. Given that your sun is right on the MC for this lifetime, it's likely that you are or have been a leader in this life, too.

For what kind of leader you were, we look at the sign placement of the node and what its sign rulers are doing. Pluto reinforces the ninth house indications by being solidly in the ninth house, in the same sign. Scorpio might indicate war, or any generally traumatic situation, or perhaps an occult society. Saturn in that picture suggests that you had some weighty authority and responsibility. Ninth house adds to the picture of religious or philosophical belief, or, if this is a war situation we're looking at, you could've traveled to fight. Perhaps you lead the invading army. Or perhaps you fought in a war abroad from where you lived.

Mars, other ruler of the node, being in distant, intellectual, and "movement of the people" Aquarius... that seems to me to suggest a cause. Twelfth house suggests downfall, maybe imprisonment, maybe dying in the attempt. Or, if we're going with the religious leader idea, removal from the world.

If you lived a past life where you were out in front leading the troops--literally or figuratively--and perhaps died in a war--you didn't get much chance to build a home, enjoy family life, or have stability. Your north node suggests those things. Taurus is all about security, stability, being grounded. Fourth house suggests building home and family. That could be done literally or figuratively. You might be driven to own your own home. You might want to do something that puts your hands in the dirt, like DIY or crafts or gardening.

You could build a family the traditional way, by marrying and having children, or a non-traditional way, like making a chosen family of friends. Either would serve your north node's purpose.

There's nothing here about having to stay low key and work behind the scenes. Given that all of your planets are above the horizon, you probably wouldn't want to. You still have a tenth house sun, indicating a need to be highly visible to others. The important thing is that, whatever else you do, you give yourself the space to ground, have security, and build home in some sense.

First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to share all that info! :) Secondly, the religious leader theme along with long term imprisonment feels more likely due to the fact that, not only do I go into complete seclusion when I'm feeling stressed in any way, but also, when I was very young I used to nap in boxes and laundry baskets randomly. I would seek out very confined spaces when I got tired because it made me feel safe. I guess it would have been a touch of claustromania rather than claustrophobia in my case. Anyway, I also have a deep interest in esoteric subjects and religion and spiritual practices of all kinds and yet, for some strange reason, I can't stand to see people be blindly devout. In other words, I hate seeing people who claim to be adherent to a religion that they haven't even bothered to learn the bare minimum about. If I know more than someone else does about their own chosen religion, I consider them to be ignorant for practicing it. It's like I feel it should be all or nothing for them, but for myself, I don't adhere to any specific belief system. Instead I try to find truths in all of them. Yeah, this definitely shed some light on things that never seemed to make much sense to me throughout my life as far as my strange bouts of claustromania and esoteric obsession goes. lol