Urgent: Is medical attention needed?

IleneK

Premium Member
Well, she also ate grapes out of the bin, which are toxic to dogs.

The vet said they can't induce vomitting so that the chicken bones do not get lodged places. There is nothing they can do unless she shows symptoms at which point I am to bring her down immediately. I am the absolute worst mother in the world.

This is just so untrue, and so unkind to yourself, in this time of stress about your dear animal. I have witnessed both cats and dogs who have eaten chicken bones without incident. I am not recommending such, but it happens and everything can very well be okay. If she is tail waggling and cheerful, and vet says there is nothing to do, then I say, just love the little creature as much as you already do, and go about meeting what is arising.

Very best to you and your dog.
Ilene

tsmall

Premium Member
What kind of dog is it? Jupiter in Virgo, so perhaps medium to largish? Like 70-80 lbs? (this is where you say she's a toy poodle, lol.)

First, if it's any consolation to you one of my dogs has eaten chicken bones on several occasions. It's about the only think he sticks his head in the garbage can for. He also got hit by a car when he was still pretty young and came away from that so perhaps he's charmed. However, I've had several German Shepherd/ Shepherd mixes in the last many years and they too have eaten chicken bones and lived to tell about it.

The key to charts like this is keep it simple. Before you start worrying about vets and cures in the chart, look to see what the significators themselves are saying. Both Mercury, ruler of the turned 6th, and Jupiter are retrograde, which has the nature of a collision. I she might throw up, or leave you something really messy from the other end (perhaps with bits of plastic in it) but I don't see anything to indicate something more urgent than that.