First and Tenth Houses; Self and Career or Father?

Ambitious

I was accustomed to reading the many interactions between the first and 10th houses in my chart as interaction between self (first) and career(10th). Tenth house matters have always been my focus in life. However, upon reading further, I have learned that the 10th house is also regarded as the house of the father. I have never known my birth father; he did not want to be a part of my life. Could this issue also be represented by the energy between the first and 10th houses?

Chart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 22

JUPITERASC

I was accustomed to reading the many interactions between the first and 10th houses in my chart
as interaction between self (first) and career(10th).
Tenth house matters have always been my focus in life. However, upon reading further,
I have learned that the 10th house is also regarded as the house of the father.
I have never known my birth father; he did not want to be a part of my life.
Could this issue also be represented by the energy between the first and 10th houses?

Chart
Traditionally 10th house is the house of the mother http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h10.html :smile:

cspencer

Banned
I was accustomed to reading the many interactions between the first and 10th houses in my chart as interaction between self (first) and career(10th).

The 10th Place is your career only insomuch as it affects your fame and reputation, which is really what the 10th Place is about.

Tenth house matters have always been my focus in life.

That's because Moon ruling Cancer is in the Cancer 10th Place. The fact that Moon is with Mars would heighten that.

However, upon reading further, I have learned that the 10th house is also regarded as the house of the father.

Some say that traditionally the 9th Place was the father and the 3rd Place the mother (since those are the joys of Sun & Moon respectively).

I've always used the 4th Place for the father and the 10th Place for the mother.

I have never known my birth father; he did not want to be a part of my life. Could this issue also be represented by the energy between the first and 10th houses?

There is no energy between Places.

I use a different triplicity ruling scheme, in which Venus is the Day ruler of Earth, Saturn is the night ruler and Mercury is the participating ruler.

I can't help but note that Venus and Mercury are conjunct in your 12th Place. With Venus being retrograde, I suspect you may never know, or never have a relationship with your birth-father.

Generally, in charts where you see the Sun and Moon in aversion, meaning they are not in aspect by sign, it indicates the parents are separated or may separate.

Ambitious

Career is my reputation lol. I have had my mind on a career from an early age... And everybody knows it.

If 10th house is Mother then maybe the aspects involve that relationship- some tough aspects.

My Mercury/Venus conjunction is actually in the 11th house. I do not know if I will ever meet my father again but, I suspect that I will not come to know him too well or have him become a part of my life for good.

I do not relate to my Moon-Mars placements in Cancer; it puzzles me as the descriptions that I have found do not describe me very much but I am still in the process of learning astrology.

Last edited: