For the ladies...the moon's phases and that lovely time of the month...

GeminiSagRising

mine is regular in its own irregular sort of way... very short, VERY heavy... I wonder if this reflects in my natal chart. Perhaps my Gemini energy and Uranus? Any insight?

waybread

I was once told by a woman very much interested in such things that traditionally women did tend to menstruate around the time of the full moon. But once modern people began living with electric lighting, this pattern got disrupted. I don't know whether women in traditional rural societies today who don't have electricity experience this phenomenon, however. Apparently there is a slight spike in numbers of women going into labour at the full moon.

GeminiSagRising

waybread said:
I was once told by a woman very much interested in such things that traditionally women did tend to menstruate around the time of the full moon. But once modern people began living with electric lighting, this pattern got disrupted. I don't know whether women in traditional rural societies today who don't have electricity experience this phenomenon, however. Apparently there is a slight spike in numbers of women going into labour at the full moon.

its true. I've never had a period aligned with the moon... its very random, like me.