Has Astrology Lost You Friends?

Sagcap88

This seems like a ridiculous question but has your interest in astrology caused people to think you’re meddling with “dark stuff”?

Someone I considered a friend found religion and cut me out of their life because I’m into astrology — they said I was Satanic. I’m pretty shocked by this. It’s hurtful. And ignorant.

I’m trying to consider the source: he has paranoid delusions and takes the Bible out of context. All he’s done since finding religion is quote scripture to judge everyone. I’m just shaking my head.

I could say something to him but confronting would only make him more belligerent.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Last edited:

Abby83

Yes, I can't seem to talk to anyone about my interests anymore. Ppl are so sensitive to difference of interest that they're willing to end friendships over it. I can't tell ppl I like this.

conspiracy theorist

Currently, I have exactly one acquaintance "irl" who knows that I indulge in the so-called dark arts. I actually let him in when he made a joke that "you look like the type who would conjure up demons". He's fine with it, and he even told me about a friend he has who is in some "deep occult ****" and even goes by the nickname mystic.

I did lose a relationship because of my interest in the occult. An ex wanted me to stop with the occult stuff that is so dark and demonic, and convert to Christianity and live happily ever after with her. She gave an ultimatum which forced my hand - making me come to the conclusion that I didn't love her enough to give up on my personal passions. I think in that way it was for the best that we split up.

conspiracy theorist

Villain? Some people refer to the occult as the "dark arts" usually those who have an idea of what the occult is through spooky stories about ouija boards acting up or finding child sacrifices when they and their mates were hiking in the woods.

I think the term "dark arts" is pretty innocuous so it's interesting to see how others differ in their perception of the phrase.

petosiris

Banned
Different countries and tribes have different laws, but they are all based on the people's evaluation of unfairness, for example sorcery might be banned in some country because of possible demonism (Sharia), and be permissible in another country due to the view that it is ineffective and harmless (any Western country). In both cases, as long as you are not breaking the law, you are nobody, from an infamy standpoint.

conspiracy theorist

Even western countries or those countries under colonial rule have laws that prohibit sorcery or anything along occult lines being practiced and pushed openly. In fact, it was one of the deciding factors on the development on how modern day astrology was contextualized and practiced.

Opal

Premium Member
This seems like a ridiculous question but has your interest in astrology caused people to think you’re meddling with “dark stuff”?

Yes, it has caused issues, but, I will not change me for them.....if they are my friend, they would not ask me to be what I am not......

Someone I considered a friend found religion and cut me out of their life because I’m into astrology — they said I was Satanic. I’m pretty shocked by this. It’s hurtful. And ignorant.

It is unfortunate for you that someone you considered a friend, said this to you. It is their ignorance not yours. At this time, I would let your friend do what they need to do. People change, and so do friends.

I’m trying to consider the source: he has paranoid delusions and takes the Bible out of context. All he’s done since finding religion is quote scripture to judge everyone. I’m just shaking my head.

Not all religions are tolerant of other religions, or belief systems or so called occult sciences. If your friend is pushing his choice of ideals on you and others, it is his detriment and his of judgement of others. Remember the fun you had with your friend, and in time he may or may not become a friend again.

I could say something to him but confronting would only make him more belligerent.

There is no need for a confrontation. You have both made adult choices, now you both can grow in your separate ways.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

Yup! and if you lose some, it isn't always a bad thing.......

Enjoy the friends that you have......

Last edited:

Abby83

Lots of other ppl believe astrology and tarot is witchcraft and the devil. My husband wants me to stop too. But hey, whilst everyone s pointing the finger at me they're getting away with murder.

CapAquaPis

Two responses I got from friends in the past: 1. they don't believe in it, care for it or like it. And 2. "it seems cool, but I do it for fun and I only know my sun or moon signs". When I was similarly interested in astrology as a child between ages 10-14, I had 3 school teachers: one is a fundamentalist Christian, the other a scientific minded person and a third one called himself a skeptic who was a church-goer. Both convinced me not to follow astrology as unscientific, superstitious and dangerous. One was an Aries sun/Sag moon, and two others are Sagittarians, not sure what their moon signs are (Taurus? or double Sag moon?) and these 3 are the most skeptical signs when it comes to the belief in astrology (I'm an Aquarius sun/moon).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Enjoy the friends that you have......

Now about my family: My Mom and brother are Taurus, my father and his first daughter who is my half-sister are Sagittarius, and my nephew is a Capricorn. Usually, fire and earth signs don't seem to have a fascination nor a belief in astrology...friends who are of air and water signs would care and share my interest in astrology. The signs Gemini, Scorpio, Aquarius and esp. Pisces are said to represent astrology: Gemini has Mercury and Aquarius has Uranus as ruler planets of astrology, and Scorpio has Pluto being the paranormal planet.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Astrology is like politics and religion, with some people, you stay away from those conversations. Today there are so many different ways we can interact with each other, so many choices, why not find common ground? Unfortunately everyone seems to hunker down to their specific likes and dislikes. Plus my accuracy rate being what it is people roll their eyes at me and I don't blame them. :)

Moon Dance

moonkat235

I'm fairly open about my interests in this kinda stuff. lol

Like at work, we were joking about superlatives and who would get what title for our hypothetical yearbook. lol Other people got most likely to give away a shift, or most likely to ask for a shift and I got most likely to ask for someone's birth date, time and place. hahaha

A lot of my coworkers are open to hearing about astrology and tarot, etc. and find my enthusiasm endearing. Some are skeptical, but like to ask me questions and then tease me affectionately about how I think very differently. One of my coworkers likes to say 'oh I do this because...' and starts listing off star-related gibberish. haha

Several of my coworkers ask me for tarot readings and one recently asked me to go to a cemetery with her on a full moon to read her tarot. lol I'm not sure I'm down for such an activity, but I'd say astrology and tarot hasn't lost me friends, but rather gained me quite a few acquaintances.

LiberatedLotus

I've never had a genuine friendship, and most likely never will. I do not agree with "socially accepted" definitions of what a "friend" is and most certaintly not the ambiguous terms associated with it.

Everything in life is transitory in nature, including the people in your life. As your consciousness elevates, and you gravitate towards particular paths & enter new phases in life, people will fall away. Allow them to. It's a natural process.

As for astrology and the matter of dealing with "dark matter". Well, that's entirely dependent on perception, isn't it?

What exactly is dark matter?

Institutionalized definitions? Scientific & mathematical formulations & expressions? Lower vibratory states? Particular dimensions? Subconscious? Occulted material? Material that has been stolen, hidden, manipulated, distorted, and suppressed? Is it the historical context associated with it? Maybe it's the culmination of energy harvested from such operations? Is it associated with misrepresentations & descriptions of ancient texts? Most everything in this construct we call "life"? Maybe it's associated with beings that are capable of such? The heavier matters of life? Deeper aspects?

I'm sorry, but the argument regarding "Satanism"- not the biblical derivative either, is no different than any other rigid belief system. No different than any other cult. Orders, chains of command, and all. No different than a little boy sitting at a pew at 8 am on a Sunday morning. Period.

Last edited: