Psychic abilities?

shilonn

i have always known i have a strong intuition..and i have seen some dreams that have come true..only few. i find myself spiritual but i have been wondering could i have a gift to psychic abilities?..if i develop them..my mercury is just and just in leo..almoust
in cancer (i read that mercury in cancer is the trait of psychic abilities) but i have it in leo just and just..but i feel i can identify with them both..leo and cancer..also mercury in 12th. and few other aspects.

what do you think?is there any real gift to develop?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

theoddone

If you have gifts of precognition and intitution already there, they can be attuned and developed further. Meditation works for that and writing your dreams down in a dream journal can help you remember your dreams more clearly and more often.

I also have latent intitution and precognitive abilities as well, usually coming to me in the form of dreams. I also can guess time pretty accurately sometimes and I can sense energy and sometimes read minds.

For the record my rising sign is Scorpio, which is known to have strong initution and can sense energy, I'm a Capricorn sun and Capricorns supposedly have a knack for knowing the time without needing a clock, and my moon is Aquarius who some astrology sites say possess the ability for just knowing certain things. I have six planets in my third house of communications, including Neptune and Mercury (both in Capricorn) so the "knowing" might be a bit stronger due to the fact that Mercury rules the 3rd house and can possibly pick up high frequencies from the universe itself.

Honestly anyone has the possibility to develop psychic gifts but it's just a matter of fine tuning them. :)

shilonn

i guess i am asking something i know the answer..i know there is the ability too..but i cant reach it..something is "blocking" it..so you think it`s a matter or learning to "tune" your mind? that sounds familiar..i sense people energy very strongly too..that makes it hard to be around people many times..because you just sense them so strongly.

Therese

well, the question is, develop them what for? Were your precognitive experiences so positive that you want more?

How will you deal with it when the things you see are not things people want to hear about? When you know a catastrophe in advance but cannot stop it from happening? No matter how "developed" you will get, you can never be absolutely sure what is what. So much pain and suffering would find you, and you would share them (and more) with total strangers... and you would live with your eyes always wide open, but your mouth always shut tight... or I guess you know the story of Cassandra...

WHYNOT

Banned
well, the question is, develop them what for? Were your precognitive experiences so positive that you want more?

How will you deal with it when the things you see are not things people want to hear about? When you know a catastrophe in advance but cannot stop it from happening? No matter how "developed" you will get, you can never be absolutely sure what is what. So much pain and suffering would find you, and you would share them (and more) with total strangers... and you would live with your eyes always wide open, but your mouth always shut tight... or I guess you know the story of Cassandra...

(Arrrrrrrrgh....!)
This is exactly how I've been feeling! This is the first time I've seen it described it in words. (who is Cassandra?)

theoddone

(Arrrrrrrrgh....!)
This is exactly how I've been feeling! This is the first time I've seen it described it in words. (who is Cassandra?)

Even though Therese gave you a link of who Cassandra is (which has more information than I can remember right now)...she was a person who was essentially cursed with the power of premonition and foresaw the downfall of Troy and couldn't do anything to prevent it.

I once had a dream where I was standing on a coastline in my state and was watching a tsunami come up and hit the coast. About three days later, I see a news article that a big earthquake is likely to hit the Pacific Northwest and cause a huge tsunami along the coastlines.....those kind of disasters you can't prevent no matter what. My second one involving a natural disaster was a hurricane in Oregon, which doesn't get hurricanes but heavy rainstorms from Pacific cyclones.

Therese

I remember it used to irritate me in the series The Medium that most of her visions and dreams were so concrete, in most cases, a knife was a knife and an axe was an axe and she often even saw the face of the actual killer, etc. That's so very, very rare. Dreams and "visions" speak in symbols, symbols, that connect you to where the dream is coming from, like a umbilical cord. Symbols, that are personal, that reach deep within, that find you where you don't want to be found.

A dream or vision that merely shows you things as they are does not need this kind of bond, it does not demand that you decipher or grasp it, that you get involved, that you connect to it with all your being... it does not want consciousness...

concretistic dreams and visions are quite contrary to my experience. I agree with C.G. Jung that wherever these are coming from, it is this kind of engaged consciousness that they crave the most...

Last edited:

shilonn

this is just something i have been wondering..it runs in my family..my uncle is very psychic..and my grandmother too..not in the way she can see the future,but she has had predictive dreams always and she just knows many things. so when i see these dreams i am feeling them so strongly and figuring are they just dreams or do i have the same sensitivity to these kind of things..when i feel people so strongly i figure is it just me or my imagination..

Therese

I didn't mean that you should shut off this part of you, you cannot, anyway ( I am coming from a certain tradition and "lineage" myself). But I don't think it is a good idea to focus too much on this aspect of yourself, don't push it. We cannot know what seed we have until we plant it, but it is what it is, and it will grow in its own pace and bear fruit in its own time. Maybe you'll grow strawberries and they will crop within a year, but it could also be a walnut tree, and then you have to wait for ten years or more...

theoddone

this is just something i have been wondering..it runs in my family..my uncle is very psychic..and my grandmother too..not in the way she can see the future,but she has had predictive dreams always and she just knows many things. so when i see these dreams i am feeling them so strongly and figuring are they just dreams or do i have the same sensitivity to these kind of things..when i feel people so strongly i figure is it just me or my imagination..

Psychic dreams run in my family as well. My latent talents aren't as developed as other members of my family though.

lc0601

Hi. I'm a novice, so find this information really interesting. I also have Mercury in Cancer (1st house), but my Sun is in the 12th & Moon in the 8th. My understanding so far is that water signs, 8th & 12th houses are very intuitive... I'm definitely that, but would love to develop it more.
As a side note, it was said that my Grandmother was born with a caul (sp?).
:) lc

ms toxic

i have always known i have a strong intuition..and i have seen some dreams that have come true..only few. i find myself spiritual but i have been wondering could i have a gift to psychic abilities?..if i develop them..my mercury is just and just in leo..almoust
in cancer (i read that mercury in cancer is the trait of psychic abilities) but i have it in leo just and just..but i feel i can identify with them both..leo and cancer..also mercury in 12th. and few other aspects.

what do you think?is there any real gift to develop?:rolleyes:

There are many ways to develop your abilities...personally I'm of no use knowing where in the chart indicates that except for the feedback I got in my thread. However I can relate I'm an active clairvoyant with intense empath abilities that go into the telepathic realm. I'm extremely clairsentient...not sure of spelling lol...I meditate for at least five hours a day as well as take the opportunity to ground and read who ever asks...placing yourself around similar people will help enhance your abilities due to naturally merging with their energy. Also have a positive karmic cycle in motion def helps. These gifts are to be in service to a higher conciousness and are used to either guide or enlighten those who are still asleep to the collectiveness of everything and the less attached to self you are the greater your abilities will develop. I have precognition in dreams and meditation as well as universal truths are sent to me so I honestly believe everybody is capable of these.

piercethevale

The best book, that I presently know of, that addresses the mater of what bestows, or enhances, inherent abilities of the metaphysical kind is the "Astrologer's Handbook" by Frances Sakoian and Louis S. Acker.

retinoid

In my opinion astrology only points to if you have a large energetic draw to the spiritual/astralpsychic/whatever. Being what our society calls psychic is more like just being normal. It is normal to feel energies and connect with our intuition. Meditation is the best step to developing this. Calm your mind for five minutes a day and you will start to notice you react better to life and life reacts better to you. Then go from there...there are many arts to practice. In the end the more you go down the path the more you want to give up and quest for powers and just remain in communion with your Self/God/the universe etc. your intution will develop naturally with just meditation and connection with the self.

MaybeNow

I am becoming more psychic or maybe just paying closer attention. I had an experience today.

I've started emailing a man from a dating site. He had a photo of his neighborhood, taken from his apartment ten stories up. I wanted to find out the street name. Knew the city, not a major one with well known landmarks and I'd never been there.

So I kind of "google drove" up and down a few random streets but didn't see any buildings similar to his pic. Then I just looked at the google map of the area, scanning street names. I decided on a particular street for no reason at all. Then I plugged his name and the street and city names (no exact address) into WhitePages and it was his street!

Fate? :love:

When I find out his birthday I'll be back asking about compatibility! He doesn't believe in astrology and his sun sign isn't even listed, dammit. Last year my psychic described a man I'd meet who sounds like this guy.