Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM

Pluto conjunt Ascendent - any ideas?

I have Pluto in a very tight conjunction with my Ascendant in Virgo (3 minutes). I had a 'near death' experience when I was born - I was choking and would have died without intervention. Any ideas on how this would manifest in a native's life? Pluto is supposed to be generational, but it being angular and conjunct an angle in a cardinal sign could make it more personal? Don't know ... speculating here.

Also, my dad has similar (Pluto conjunct ASC) but in Leo. What is the family dynamic - is it a karmic connection?

Any ideas and thoughts would be lovely.

http://www.astrologysociety.org.za
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

Re: Pluto conjunt Ascendent - any ideas?

[[deleted copyrighted content posted without owner's permission - Moderator]

This is how A.T Mann describes birth/Ascendant in the book The Divine Life Astrology and Reincarnation.

Last edited by wilsontc; 04-23-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM

I knew a girl once who had Pluto on her Libra Ascendant. Although quite friendly and nice with everybody, she had few friends, there was something about her, something not obvious, some occult personal power that made everyone feel somehow threatened and try to stay away from her...

Here's what Stephen Arroyo says about this aspect:

- Intensity, a deep privacy and penetrating insights color the entire approach to life.
- Thrasformative and compulsive energies are integral to one's mode of self-expression - a strong willpower for better or worse.
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:19 PM

Hmmm ... I can count the number of true friends I have on one hand. And for some reason or another, people do find me threatening. Weird. Never thought it could be the Pluto/Asc thing. Always thought it was the Saturn in Leo in the 11th.

I am an intensely private person ... and I've been told that I pick up on things or know things that I shouldn't as it's never been shared with anyone. Interesting ...

Thanks for the feedback
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:20 PM

And as for will power .... that's variable. Some things I have, other I don't - chocolate being one of the latter
Unread 07-03-2006, 09:54 PM

Hello, I'm going to be a pain and ask what happens if pluto opposes the ascendant.

That is what I have and I quite don't understand what it means.

I do have very dark eyes, so it probably has something to do with that aspect.
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Pluto conjunt Descendant

As Pluto (transformation, also power) conjunct (energy is combined with) Ascendant (self), indicates power over the self, so Pluto (transformation, also power) conjunct (energy is combined with) Descendant (others) can indicate power over others. However, if this power is not used, there is the possibility the Pluto person will be controlled by others instead of being in control.

Plutonically,

Tim
Unread 07-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Thanks Tim. I have added some comments related to this at the "planets on your angles: born to rule??" post. Seems that post has also answered my question.
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:02 PM

Re: Pluto conjoint Ascendant - any ideas?

Yes Pluto on the ASC can indicate a traumatic and life threatening birth. Power issues are predominant in your past lives. In this life you are to use power wisely, not abuse it.

And yes Plutonian issues tend to run in families, indicating family karma that is being dealt with.

Pluto on the DES indicates power struggles in relationships in this life.
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM

Plutonian energy can be felt by others as intense and obsessive. So others may feel intimidated.
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
I knew a girl once who had Pluto on her Libra Ascendant. Although quite friendly and nice with everybody, she had few friends, there was something about her, something not obvious, some occult personal power that made everyone feel somehow threatened and try to stay away from her...

- Intensity, a deep privacy and penetrating insights color the entire approach to life.
- Transformative and compulsive energies are integral to one's mode of self-expression - a strong willpower for better or worse.
That sounds exactly like me and it seems to be even more accurate now that my ascendant has progressed to Scorpio.

1st Chart Natal, 2nd Chart Progressed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dp-equal.jpg (85.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg dp-progressed-scorpio-asc.jpg (85.0 KB, 8 views)

"You cannot escape your own attitudes, for they will form the nature of what you see." - Jane Roberts / Seth

"You can start with nothing and out of nothing and out of no way, a way will be made."- Rev. Michael Beckwith
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM

I dont think this is exactly the same... But I have my ASC ruler Mercury in scorpio tightly conj. Pluto, and this is tightly quincunx ASC in Gemini again. My parents told me that I nearly died from very high fever as a baby, kind of unknown reason for the fever epilepsy. During my teens I started having very strong out of body experiences while sleeping, where I seriously thought I had died in my sleep or something:P

Today Im in the health field myself, and alot around doctors nurses and dying patients for that matter.
Unread 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM

I have Pluto conjuct AC in Scorpio and opposite Sun. I was born 9 weeks premature and was in an incubator for a month. I am deeply private yet many say that I am a very "intense" person.

Stubborn-as-a-bull Aspie.

My Natal Chart
(the right TOB this time!)
Unread 02-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Interesting. I was very weak as a child and almost died several times myself.
Unread 02-23-2011, 05:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to starfirefae8 Send a message via Yahoo to starfirefae8

Very very very interesting to all who have contributed to this thread! I, too, have a Pluto (8deg. in the 1st) conj. Asc. (7deg) in Libra and have very few friends, but the few that I have are close to me in spirit.
I have had many near death and out of body experiences and I am a lucid dreamer, as well. I was born with the cord wrapped around my neck 3X and coincidentally have been strangled in my life by men who have attacked me.
It seems to me especially as of late that one of the main things that I am to learn in this lifetime is to find a way to live semi-solitary and to not place such importance on finding balance in which I relate to the world/people/events.
It also seems to me that my personality, character, appearance has consistently stirred up issues or problems or jealousy or intimidation (unintentionally by me)in others simply by walking across a room; not to mention having even a brief conversation with another person almost always brings some kind of upheaval in either that person's life or mine!!!!
I am at odds with myself at this time however, due to these reflective experiences and the introspection I've been giving to such things.
I really liked one of the earlier posts of this thread that gave a better indepth description of Pluto/Asc conj. and angles that came from a book @Reincarnation. (sorry I can't remember who wrote the thread or from which the information was quoted from)

So now my question is....the planet Pluto is transiting my IC in Capricorn and is squaring my natal Pluto/Asc conj....and my home life is going through a major upheaval due to secrets I confined. But there is more...my Arabic Part of Death is my IC in Capricorn....so I am not at ease at this time to even venture out of my home and I am even more afraid I do not have a home that is safe.
Can anyone give me any insight into this?
Thank you!
Starfirefae8*
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Saturn View Post

The pluto rising often cultivate what may be described as a concealing persona an outer face that gives little away and often tightly controls each and every situation so that others too, do not reveal too much.

You often find it difficult to achieve intamacy to let others in. Classically those with pluto rising approach the world wanting to control and manipulate it and bend others to the hidden but nevertheless iron will that lurks beneath thier exterior.

Through out your life your own identity and image itself is undergoing a process of transformation. Learn to use your powerful persona in a constructive way. Power stuggles may feature within your life.

You are travelling along the path towards self transformation
This is so true of my Pluto conjunct Asc (Asc in Libra) husband. On the exterior he appears happy and calm and peaceful and he is at times very much so. But underneath lurks a very strong will, controlling person who needs to learn how to handle power constructively and share with others. It's a conflict and constant juggle between being in and out of control, in one person.
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:28 PM

Yes, I've noticed that as well.
one of my closest friend tell me that he does have to tell other people. " DO NOT MAKE HIM UPSET"
now that I've study astrology I've learn to be happy all the time and that impact other people to be happy.
Then they will want to be around me.
So keep being happy.
It DOES make a different.

Last edited by thankyou; 01-12-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: change words.
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM

This aspect is something I try and "turn off" and sometimes it works. But the internal, nuclear bomb that is brewing inside and people detect it .

It's hard to not make people feel threatened but ive gotten better at it with time. Its really tough though because it feels as if somebody does the wrong thing, says the wrong thing, you can just explode or go through a meltdown. Others sense this and tend to be on guard around you.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:35 AM

wouldn't people with occult power have Pluto in 12 th house ?

but maybe that is a new topic..
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:

- Thrasformative and compulsive energies are integral to one's mode of self-expression - a strong willpower for better or worse.
I have that problem too
Mine is at 5'31 Libra and my Asc is at 4'06 Libra.
My ex had Pluto conjunct Asc in Libra as well and although he did not have quite my problem, many men were jealous of him and tried to hurt him. His was about 5 degrees from the Asc sí I think three closer it is, the worse it is.

On the other side though, this placement seems to attract a lot of people sexually, as we both had that. It wasn't love interest or anything, just sexual obsession and desire to control us that people had with us...

Last edited by appleberry; 01-25-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRain View Post
I have Pluto in a very tight conjunction with my Ascendant in Virgo (3 minutes). I had a 'near death' experience when I was born - I was choking and would have died without intervention. Any ideas on how this would manifest in a native's life? Pluto is supposed to be generational, but it being angular and conjunct an angle in a cardinal sign could make it more personal? Don't know ... speculating here.

Also, my dad has similar (Pluto conjunct ASC) but in Leo. What is the family dynamic - is it a karmic connection?

Any ideas and thoughts would be lovely.
My sister has this in Scorpio and it's within a 1 degree orb. Her Pluto is at 0 degrees Scorpio, her Ascendant is at 1 degree, so it's very critical. She also has Saturn in Scorpio, first house, and Mars in Scorpio also the first house. So yeah, she's a very Scorpio/Pluto/Mars like person who also has their Sun and Venus in Aries. She's a very intense person. She has these piercing eyes that seem to look straight through you, it's quite eerie you seriously can't lie to her, lol.
She's not as private as most Pluto conj. Asc. may be, though I think that may be because of her Aries and fire influences in her chart. She has this strong, leadership air about her, and (even though she's quite short) you get this impression she isn't someone you want to get on the wrong side of. She's very fiery.

Last edited by Cascada; 03-15-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:29 PM

Pluto conjunct ascendant endows a person with a lot of personal power that can be felt by all who come in contact with them. They have "vibes". The person is very private and deeply emotional, frequently putting themselves through a lot of inner emotional turmoil.

My husband has Pluto conjunct the ascendant in Leo and until he learned how to harness that power when he was younger, he was considered quite a bully. Even today, he seems like his agreeable Libra sun, but he will never back away from a fight.

President George W. Bush also has Pluto conjunct Ascendant, but his is conjunct Mercury as well. One statement that he made during his presidency really sums up this aspect quite well - "I'm the decider and I decide whats best".
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Cool Re: Pluto conjunt Ascendent - any ideas?

Quote:

this sounds exactly like me I HAVE PLUTO CONJUNCT ASCENDANT IN LIBRA --also have pluto aspects to other planets:

sun square pluto
venus square pluto
pluto square MC
moon trine pluto
mars trine pluto
mercury sextile pluto
jupiter sextile pluto
and neptune sextile pluto

--my social life has really been non existent for the first 30 years of my life. always a push and pull with others--sometimes i said it was people who pushed me away or i pulled my self away from others--a cycle of social struggles
maybe a combination of both??

Last edited by spikeanderson79; 03-25-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM

I thought i'd add something interesting about the birthing experience regarding pluto and the AC.

I have AC at 0* scorpio, venus at 0* scorpio, pluto at 9* scorpio.

When i was in the womb, I was a breech baby. My mom played music to get me to turn around. (i also have sun and mars in 12th libra which could point towards this moreso than venus/pluto/asc.)

Anyways, the morning i was born, my parents were rushing and freaking out trying to make it to the hospital.. they ended up having to pull over at a firehouse and i was born there.

I came out effortlessly. My mom said i popped out really easily but there was a lot of stress leading up to that.

I think that described pretty closely the idea of asc being closer to venus than pluto.
Unread 04-02-2018, 12:33 PM

I also have pluto conjunct ascendant in the first house. Pluto also conjuncts Saturn in the twelfth and Jupiter also in the first in Scorpio. Mars is also in the first conjunct Jupiter. It has been rough dealing with the inner turmoil and I have had a hard time belonging or relating and knowing which planet to present at which time. Currently my transit pluto squares my ascendant and I am going through alot of changes and upheaval. Just wanted to share a bit with those who can relate. Best of luck in all your situations
The Following User Says Thank You to PlutosRaven For This Useful Post:
Lionfish11 (01-27-2019)

Tags
ascendent, conjunt, ideas, pluto