Guidance needed on a child's chart

Purple9

Hi everyone.
Looking for some fresh perspective on this chart. It is a male chart, a child.
The child is experiencing some difficulties socially and at school and we are hoping for some insights into how best to help him feel more comfortable and help support him and meet his needs and guide him better?

By the way Is what we are seeing a grand trine between moon (cancer), Jupiter (scorpio) and Uranus (pices) or not? If it is a grand water trine what is the significance of it in his specific chart in your opinion?

Does anything else stand out that could be helpful for him to feel better and us to assist him.
If we were looking at guiding him towards best fulfilment of his energies what path would suit this child to harmonize his energies best.

Any input is much welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

katydid

Your boy has Virgo rising with Mars in the 1st, squaring Pluto, opposing Uranus. I think he feels a lot of overwhelming burdens. He may feel irrationally responsible for impending doom? I think he will need a lot of reassurance that he is not expected to right the ship, and make things better—things that are out of his control.

The Pluto in the 4th is about skeletons in the closet-family secrets—that he feels he needs to protect. He may have a constant fear that things are imploding, and he needs to prevent it all from falling apart—but he cannot.

His Mars in the 1st, puts him at the forefront, and he feels personally responsible for so many things that are way over his head.

The Mars sextile to Jupiter in the 3rd gives him great insight and perception. He is wise beyond his years. And he picks up on everything—even things left unsaid.

That Jupiter flows into a Water Grand Trine—with Moon and Uranus. So he has great emotional force with his Cancer Moon. He feels things to the bone. He cares so deeply for family and close friends that he cannot always see things clearly. He is passionately loyal. And it tears him up when he feels he has to take sides.

His Mother is represented by the Moon in Cancer in the grand trine. He feels much comfort and support from her and relies upon that supportive love. And yet Chiron quincunxes the Moon and Pluto opposed the Moon.

So Mom may not always see the subtle ways she might undermine her boys self confidence and self esteem. The Pluto opposition is out of sign and wide, but brought into focus because of the squares to Mars and the Asc in Virgo. It is possible that the child’s self critical nature is complicated by the intense need to not disappoint the mother figure because of his strong emotional attachment. He may wrongly assume that he is failing his family in some ways. That is an irrational fear and not anything you are doing.

The father figure seems to be a much more difficult equation here. The Sun/Saturn in Leo in the 12th signifies Dad and the son’s identification with him. In his mind, they are one and the same, with the conjunction in the 12th.

The opposition to the Neptune in the 6th speaks of illness/weakness/instability. Perhaps there are drugs or alcohol or gluttony or overspending issues? [Jupiter in 2nd tsquare]

In short, the son may feel great disappointment in ones father figure, while at same time identifying closely with him and so feels sad or depressed in that he cannot escape the same fates?

The escape route seems to be in the Pluto 4th house reserves of inner strength. He needs to KNOW that he is his own person and he can overcome the weaknesses he perceives in those around him.

He needs to learn how to differentiate himself from his father figure while still allowing himself to love and respect him. Right now, I think he feels like everyone sees them as similar or same. It makes him feel awkward or uncomfortable socially and emotionally.

Mercury is the ruler of his natal chart. Mercury is in Leo conjunct Venus. What are his talents/skills/creative abilities? These need to be evaluated and revealed so he can express them and have something to feel pride in.

His INDIVIDUAL strengths /talents need to be pin pointed for him. Separating from the intense identification with the family might be emotionally refreshing for him. He needs to know that he has his own unique destiny and he will not necessarily always be in this emotional abyss that he feels is surrounding him.

I think the issues at school have to do with his own self critical feelings. When he can begin feeling better about himself his friendships will improve.

Having that emphasis upon the 12th house is difficult and it will not be easy to make lots of friends and feel like he fits in. So the goal might be to make a couple of close trustworthy friends and learn how to navigate the social scene without getting too caught up or upset. :alien:

I feel that his strength and deep reservoir of emotional resilience will get him through the toughest times. You might need to recognize how much he already knows and feels and recognizes about the difficulties surrounding his home life, and be more transparent, since he knows more than you all think he does?:sideways:

Last edited:

Purple9

Many many thanks for your time, input and perspective.
I am looking at this at the request of his parents, and we are all reading up and going through it together. I am psychology oriented and as for astrology understand the influences but synthesis is still beyond my capabilities which is why I came here to learn alongside everyone here. Wonderful forum. So valuable. Thank you so much.
“The Pluto in the 4th is about skeletons in the closet-family secrets—that he feels he needs to protect. He may have a constant fear that things are imploding, and he needs to prevent it all from falling apart—but he cannot. ? “
There are none, secrets and skeletons except what he may perceive as something that should be considered so. Quite an open and straightforward bunch. What else can Pluto in 4th effect? Feeling burdened at home (by demands) and or feeling or being treated like a burden perhaps? Is 4th treated as the mother or the father? In mine it is the mother. I guess it depends on other things?

“His Mars in the 1st, puts him at the forefront, and he feels personally responsible for so many things that are way over his head.”
And some compulsion to push forward and through to be heard and seen. At this stage of his life at least.

“That Jupiter flows into a Water Grand Trine—with Moon and Uranus. So he has great emotional force with his Cancer Moon. He feels things to the bone. He cares so deeply for family and close friends that he cannot always see things clearly. He is passionately loyal. And it tears him up when he feels he has to take sides. “
There are more subtle power plays at home but no major drama. Could it also be that he is affected even by these slighter subtleties and imbalances given his water you think?

“So Mom may not always see the subtle ways she might undermine her boy’s self-confidence and self-esteem. “
Makes sense and very helpful for his mother. Many thanks.

“He may wrongly assume that he is failing his family in some ways. That is an irrational fear and not anything you are doing. “
Makes sense too.

“The opposition to the Neptune in the 6th speaks of illness/weakness/instability. Perhaps there are drugs or alcohol or gluttony or overspending issues? [Jupiter in 2nd tsquare]”
No not yet anyway as he is only 11. However there is some disagreement between doctors as to whether or not he has ADHD that he is currently being treated for. His doc is adamant and yet evaluations show otherwise. He displays what I perceive are Neptunian ‘absences’ where he shuts down and disappears into his own world. This happens a lot at school. Could this also be related to sun (confidence) diminished in watery 12th as well as some Saturnian limitations to sun and mercury also therein? There is also anger outbursts with some violence but this may be more related to above aspects pertaining to burden and frustration on the whole…
“In short, the son may feel great disappointment in ones father figure, while at same time identifying closely with him and so feels sad or depressed in that he cannot escape the same fates?”
Let’s look at this over time indeed. There are certainly issues in the bond between this son and his father. Father feels unable to bond/accept his idiosyncrasies as well as being rather impatient with him. The parents are actively working on addressing this area and receiving counselling. Very hopeful .
“Mercury is the ruler of his natal chart. Mercury is in Leo conjunct Venus. What are his talents/skills/creative abilities? These need to be evaluated and revealed so he can express them and have something to feel pride in. His INDIVIDUAL strengths /talents need to be pin pointed for him. Separating from the intense identification with the family might be emotionally refreshing for him. He needs to know that he has his own unique destiny and he will not necessarily always be in this emotional abyss that he feels is surrounding him. “ He is explorative, good at sports and tends toward technical and creative. However he shuts down quickly and we have recently begun to notice serious lack of self-confidence which shuts his drive. He responds much better to third party involvement outside the home indeed and parents are supportive of this while looking

“I think the issues at school have to do with his own self critical feelings. When he can begin feeling better about himself his friendships will improve. “
This is what I was sensing too from what I know of him. He lacks confidence as well despite seeming quite strong.

“ and be more transparent, since he knows more than you all think he does” This is certainly something to consider mainly because he is so good at appearing nonchalant and uninvolved. I think parents will benefit from treating him with more consideration and taking care to not discount him based on his superficial demeanour.
Many thanks again.

Purple9

Hi aquarius
Thank you so much for your feedback.

"Given that the Sun is in conj. with Saturn and in the 12th house, I am wondering if he gets attention from the father? If so, it could be that he sees his father as a disciplinarian. " - spot on. After reading this the father has commented saying the only time he is truly paying attention to him is when he is correcting him. They are trying to work it out.

"He will be soft-spoken despite all the Leo. His Mercury is conj. Saturn (think and speak) and with Venus (speak sweetly)."
When he is not explosive he is the sweetest most amiable little guy indeed and very soft spoken.
"With Mars in the first house, I am wondering if he was a C-section?"
He was not but he had head surgery (top of skull) as soon as possible after birth for a benign growth that was however threatening to infiltrate the brain. His virgo mars perhaps let some steam off this way. He is prone to accidents being rather active :)
"Also, with Mars in the first house, he will be quite active and should be kept busy with sport." Oh definitely. This is the plan! :)

"Mind games, like Sodoku, etc., any kind of number (maths) games will be good for him." His academic potential is yet uncertain but father believes he is interested in and when focused apt at mind games. This will be something they will expose him to casually more and see the response. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your perspective. Much appreciated.

katydid

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

One thing:

“The opposition to the Neptune in the 6th speaks of illness/weakness/instability. Perhaps there are drugs or alcohol or gluttony or overspending issues? [Jupiter in 2nd tsquare]”

No not yet anyway as he is only 11.

[lol, I meant someone in the family might be doing those things and it is bothering the boy, to see what is happening...like he is seeing other people flaws or shortcomings but feels like the family is focused on HIS alone]

What else can Pluto in 4th effect? Feeling burdened at home (by demands) and or feeling or being treated like a burden perhaps? Is 4th treated as the mother or the father? In mine it is the mother. I guess it depends on other things?

[Pluto, ruler of the 3rd, is in the 4th, opposed by the Moon. Trining Sun/Saturn in 12th. I think that in his mind [3rd] he thinks he is a burden/difficult/a disappointment to others , partly because he can see things they do not want others to know. Pluto sees the deeper motivations/feelings/agendas of others and he may be reacting to things he is sensing. ]

"There are none, secrets and skeletons except what he may perceive as something that should be considered so."

[ EXACTLY...'except what he may perceive as such.' I think he believes there is some hypocrisy going on. As in he gets criticized for doing things like shutting down, or getting angry, when others do the same, with no recriminations. He thinks he is modeling himself after others...so it might take family therapy to make him more cooperative. If he could see EVERYONE admitting their part in things it would make him more compliant.]

[Also...Thank you for the information. I do see how it might be an issue like ADHD or something that makes him feel different in the way he communicates and needs to be communicated to. ]

Purple9

No not yet anyway as he is only 11.

[lol, I meant someone in the family might be doing those things and it is bothering the boy, to see what is happening...like he is seeing other people flaws or shortcomings but feels like the family is focused on HIS alone]"
Aaaah lol ok. No excess per se along those lines but the last sentence hits home. Got it.

"I think that in his mind [3rd] he thinks he is a burden/difficult/a disappointment to others , partly because he can see things they do not want others to know. Pluto sees the deeper motivations/feelings/agendas of others and he may be reacting to things he is sensing." Clear! Yes thank you.

"I think he believes there is some hypocrisy going on. As in he gets criticized for doing things like shutting down, or getting angry, when others do the same, with no recriminations. He thinks he is modeling himself after others...so it might take family therapy to make him more cooperative. If he could see EVERYONE admitting their part in things it would make him more compliant."

Ah yes this is something which could be a great starting point. They do tend to focus on his expression (positive and negative) without drawing constructive parallels to own.

Thank you so much. This is so helpful.