Are you a loner?

Harmelia

Hello Harmelia šŸ˜Š That is fascinating that Saturn in the first house can manifest into less activity later in life for natives as well. Thank you for the information and sharing your testimony as a Saturn in the first house native. However, it is a no to your question. In the case of my elder sister, she has always been active but she was never a person to indulge in reckless activity of course. She has always been moderate and cautious of her actions. That never changed when she got older. The responsibilities for her has actually increased (which she handles really well, even during this unfortunate pandemic) and those responsibilities has made her even more active (outwardly) than before but an active participant in her childrenā€™s life. Again, I would like to say her activity is tied to a very traditional community and that community in turn is active with her own internal life. That is where the socially open and awareness to the external world comes into play for her. Mars is exalted in her first with a Sagittarius rising so, yes that could be having a shift on how Saturn (in Capricorn at that) is manifesting in her birth chart (She is in her 30s right now, so that could change possiblyā˜ŗļø but given her Saturn is in Capricorn I wouldnā€™t expect for it to change much).

As for my mother, it is similar to my elder sisterā€™s activeness but I do find that when she happens to go into a hermit (not entirely) mode that her focus is towards her beliefs and doctrines. Studying and reading a lot on it. Also that she has grown to be more cautious than beforehand. Besides that, it is still the same. My mother does have an Aries rising though and her mars is in conjunction to the first house, so again that can be having an affect on how Saturn is manifesting in her birth chart.

Again thank you for sharing and asking that question. I am learning so muchā˜ŗļø

Actually, your answer is YES - because I said that if the Sun or Mars were energizing the first house, then Saturn there would not make a person inactive. You did not disprove my theory that Saturn in the first house - without other factors like Sun or Mars there to change this - A Fire Sign ASC could also be a factor - so far, almost all the people I've talked to say they tend to sit more than move. I CAN move and I can move quickly - I have an Aries Sun, Mars and Mercury - in the 8th though - I think the degree to which a Saturn first house person moves has something to do with if the Sun is in an inward house or not - at least - I think it's a factor. Since the first house represents the body - an earth sign with Saturn in it without something else fiery or Aquarius-like energizing it, tends not to move. Your Mom and Sister have two much fire in the first house for that to be the case.

Thirdteenth

Actually, your answer is YES - because I said that if the Sun or Mars were energizing the first house, then Saturn there would not make a person inactive. You did not disprove my theory that Saturn in the first house - without other factors like Sun or Mars there to change this - A Fire Sign ASC could also be a factor - so far, almost all the people I've talked to say they tend to sit more than move. I CAN move and I can move quickly - I have an Aries Sun, Mars and Mercury - in the 8th though - I think the degree to which a Saturn first house person moves has something to do with if the Sun is in an inward house or not - at least - I think it's a factor. Since the first house represents the body - an earth sign with Saturn in it without something else fiery or Aquarius-like energizing it, tends not to move. Your Mom and Sister have two much fire in the first house for that to be the case.

Hi again Harmelia :) If you read the question that you had asked, it was ā€œDo your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active?ā€. Word for word. The answer to that question is a no. If the question was rephrased ā€œDoes your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active? Unless they have mars and sun energizing itā€ then it would still be a no and it would be a yes for mars and sun having an influence on Saturn effectiveness. Before the question had been asked, you were stating what you had thought (I mean theory :joyful:) how Saturn in first house affects a person after their ā€œyouthful yearsā€ and then proceeded to share your own testimony (which is personal onto you), also stating that youā€™ve noticed similar behavior of those with Saturn in the first house in your environment. The question you had asked is separate from that. Sorry for the inconvenience :) Itā€™s still a no.

Also, I was answering the question you asked. Which was this:
Do your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active?

I find your theory to be intriguing but it does not apply to those people I know, unlike your observation from those that you have known with this Saturn in the first house placement but especially regarding your question love. Remember the question that you had asked. That is where my focus was. Now, your theory could have weight to it from what Iā€™ve seen. As I said before, there mars and fire rising could be changing how Saturn is affecting them. My mother has mars in Scorpio, itā€™s natural sign ruler. While my sister has it in Capricorn exalted, aspecting Saturn at that so...very close contact indeed but Iā€™m also considering what I seen with my own eyes.

I think the degree to which a Saturn first house person moves has something to do with if the Sun is in an inward house or not - at least - I think it's a factor.

That could be a possibility. I would also consider if Saturn or Sun or Mars is the stronger planet amongst them in a personā€™s natal chart as well. That could definitely cause a shift on how Saturn in the first house manifests in someoneā€™s natal chart as well but itā€™s just a theory since we are playing with theories here :)

Harmelia

Hi again Harmelia :) If you read the question that you had asked, it was ā€œDo your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active?ā€. Word for word. The answer to that question is a no. If the question was rephrased ā€œDoes your mother and sister tend to sit more than are physically active? Unless they have mars and sun energizing itā€ then it would still be a no and it would be a yes for mars and sun having an influence on Saturn effectiveness. Before the question had been asked, you were stating what you had thought (I mean theory :joyful:) how Saturn in first house affects a person after their ā€œyouthful yearsā€ and then proceeded to share your own testimony (which is personal onto you), also stating that youā€™ve noticed similar behavior of those with Saturn in the first house in your environment. The question you had asked is separate from that. Sorry for the inconvenience :) Itā€™s still a no.

Also, I was answering the question you asked. Which was this:

I find your theory to be intriguing but it does not apply to those people I know, unlike your observation from those that you have known with this Saturn in the first house placement but especially regarding your question love. Remember the question that you had asked. That is where my focus was. Now, your theory could have weight to it from what Iā€™ve seen. As I said before, there mars and fire rising could be changing how Saturn is affecting them. My mother has mars in Scorpio, itā€™s natural sign ruler. While my sister has it in Capricorn exalted, aspecting Saturn at that so...very close contact indeed but Iā€™m also considering what I seen with my own eyes.

That could be a possibility. I would also consider if Saturn or Sun or Mars is the stronger planet amongst them in a personā€™s natal chart as well. That could definitely cause a shift on how Saturn in the first house manifests in someoneā€™s natal chart as well but itā€™s just a theory since we are playing with theories here :)

There is no argument here. It's just semantics. Were saying the same thing. If you take into account everything that I said trying to explain what I think instead of just taking one or two sentences - then it doesn't sound like there's any disagreement. I don't really want to pick over how I said what I think.

Last edited:

wan

So happy and content to be alone, doing my own thing, yes, a loner no. I'm surrounded by billions of people on this planet, in my eyes im not alone. I think you can only percieve yourself as a loner if you actually do feel alone when your alone, but i don't feel alone, im more at peace.
This is very philosophical, Chrys.

Bunraku

By Placidus, my Aquarius Moon is actually in the 2nd house, Ruler of the 8th. I'm currently in a field that could be described as a 2nd/8th house sector, and personal financial planning & budgeting are easy for me. Of course by whole sign that Aqua Moon is 3rd house.

Do you feel it takes on a new meaning with the third house?

Bunraku

Hello Harmelia šŸ˜Š That is fascinating that Saturn in the first house can manifest into less activity later in life for natives as well. Thank you for the information and sharing your testimony as a Saturn in the first house native. However, it is a no to your question. In the case of my elder sister, she has always been active but she was never a person to indulge in reckless activity of course. She has always been moderate and cautious of her actions. That never changed when she got older. The responsibilities for her has actually increased (which she handles really well, even during this unfortunate pandemic) and those responsibilities has made her even more active (outwardly) than before but an active participant in her childrenā€™s life. Again, I would like to say her activity is tied to a very traditional community and that community in turn is active with her own internal life. That is where the socially open and awareness to the external world comes into play for her. Mars is exalted in her first with a Sagittarius rising so, yes that could be having a shift on how Saturn (in Capricorn at that) is manifesting in her birth chart (She is in her 30s right now, so that could change possiblyā˜ŗļø but given her Saturn is in Capricorn I wouldnā€™t expect for it to change much).

As for my mother, it is similar to my elder sisterā€™s activeness but I do find that when she happens to go into a hermit (not entirely) mode that her focus is towards her beliefs and doctrines. Studying and reading a lot on it. Also that she has grown to be more cautious than beforehand. Besides that, it is still the same. My mother does have an Aries rising though and her mars is in conjunction to the first house, so again that can be having an affect on how Saturn is manifesting in her birth chart.

Again thank you for sharing and asking that question. I am learning so muchā˜ŗļø

I know someone with a Saturn first. Also Mercury first.

They seem to love work, but are also more likely to put up with the expense like their health, emotional wellbeing, etc. as they find self-discipline and not complaining an important concept in their values.

I find whatever Saturn touches takes away things at the expense of you or others.

wan

I wonder what CT does for a living. He said 2nd/8th house axis. I bet it's insurance or actuary-related.

conspiracy theorist

Do you feel it takes on a new meaning with the third house?

Hard to say, since a lot of the same influences are still operative in that area of the chart. A 3rd house Moon would be classified as being in it's joy, and would emphasize 3rd house outcomes. Restlessness/constant movement of location and adroit maneuvering in everyday life, the interest in unorthodox spirituality,relative comfort with writing/communication (and purported talent inherited from the maternal side), and the quality of lower school educational experience seem to point to the Moon in 3rd. I didn't have development disorders that impaired learning, or insecurities around my mental/speaking ability. I was generally uncommunicative growing up, but that felt more like a choice instead of an affliction. Merc would also be in joy in whole signs, and would underline some of these traits.

I do have a brother with Autism, and another brother of mine died as a result of being born prematurely with undeveloped lungs. Two of my brothers have Sun-Saturn conj. and the deceased one had a Capricorn stellium. Saturn seems to have had a strong, afflicting effect on "brothers", hence why the Placidus placement is compelling to me. Ironically, the two surviving brothers have Moon in places of essential dignity so that would bring to bare an underlying lunar influence.

Other things as well, but I'll stop there.

It's why I like to focus on timing techniques, which materializes the differences through events. Then I see in real time which planets are active during which experiences, which informs me on how my chart works.

Last edited:

Thirdteenth

I know someone with a Saturn first. Also Mercury first.

They seem to love work, but are also more likely to put up with the expense like their health, emotional wellbeing, etc. as they find self-discipline and not complaining an important concept in their values.

I find whatever Saturn touches takes away things at the expense of you or others.

Hello :) That is a keen observation. I do have a question. If you donā€™t mind that I ask.

Is it an occupation that they happen to find fulfilling and gratifying? Because I find it difficult to completely believe that someone would enjoy or even love working in general unless there is a goal or a mission they are trying to complete. A task that they would like to have done or at least something obtained in the end. It could be for money, clothes, cars, admiration, status, friends, a enormous home, happiness, success, peace or stability. However, unless it is a occupation or hobby or whatever the activity that brings a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment then it cannot be just a love for work. Especially for a planet like Saturn. Iā€™ve come to this conclusion because from what I would seen from those that have this placement and how they interact in a environment that would require a form of work. They admittedly go forth with the task at hand but I donā€™t feel it is because they ā€œlike itā€ but more so because they feel that they are the only ones who has that ability to actually get it done and get it done well (which is very admirable I must say so myself). Also, I noticed that when people are around someone with Saturn in the first house then they allow for them to do the task at hand. It almost like...people become or just look lazy a bit near the Saturn in the first house native because I how so much they can do and they know this. They are aware of this. From what Iā€™ve seen. It could be different for others experiences.

I do agree though, they do put there health, feelings, and pain aside to the work that they do. Which I do feel like could cause for them to get taken advantage of.

Iā€™m really enjoying this :joyful: How everyone is sharing their observations and testimonials. Quite a fun way to learn I must say.

Last edited:

brainpuddle

I am, but not entirely by choice. Excluding casual acquaintances, I have no friends. I also don't have very personal relationships with my family. I have two lovers with whom I'm extremely close, and they're basically the only people in my life.
Astrologically speaking, what caused this is a complicated question. On one hand, it doesn't remotely serve the needs of my Moon or Ascendant, and I feel that acutely. Part of the issue is definitely in the simple fact that my Sun is not a socializer. I don't like most people and most people don't like me. The prospect itself of socializing is exhausting and anxiety-inducing, even if I rationally understand that it's better for me in the longrun. Nature is a *****.