Uranian or Uranus/Aquarius aspects and placements-- how is your love life?

UraSatVen1029

Recently I stumbled into a Venus in Aquarius thread and it made me think about it. I myself have a Moon Aquarius conjunct Uranus in Aqaurius, moon 1st house and Uranus is aspecting ALL of my personal planets. In fact, my dominant planet is Uranus.

I thought about my almost non-existent, hopeless and failing love life. I've only had two not-so established relationships (because I didn't want any labels- the bf/gf thing) and yet they were both intense,electric, and sadly, cut really short. I find that the problem is actually ME.

I have this dilemma of wanting to be in a relationship and wanting absolute freedom. I have a fear of it because the first time I dived into a relationship, I was almost losing control of myself (I have Venus in Scorpio) and I was absolutely consumed into the relationship, it was absolutely SCARY. And also, I felt constricted,for some reason. One day I'd be having heart eyes over this guy, the next, I suddenly think "huh, I miss my freedom. I'm feeling too much, and I don't like it. I need time for myself. Let's break up." And I CAN'T HELP IT.

Usually I get involved with people who have a distance from me (one lived in Belgium, and me from Philippines. The other one lived around 2-3 hours away from me) so the only way we communicated was through the phone or social media. I also didn't want any labels too. Huh. I also thought of attempting an open relationship too, but I barely have time for that now. Both of these relationships barely lasted a month, yet they imprinted a lasting impression on me.

I need opinions. Do you think Uranian people could have a big trouble in finding the right partner? Will they ever settle down? Will they ever get married?

astroubi

because I didn't want any labels- the bf/gf thing) and yet they were both intense,electric, and sadly, cut really short. I find that the problem is actually ME.

Ahah I fully relate to this.

Uranus in my 1st house, and 11th house ruled by Aquarius very busy with a stellium.

Uranus is about independence, which means you must find someone who is similar to you in this aspect, and anyone with too much dependence will make you feel overwhelmed fast (from my experience anyway).

I have Venus in Scorpio

Same here. Sometimes I feel its power can be stronger than Uranus in love relationship :/ Uranus is about change - you can find someone who loves change as well. But it is the Venus in Scorpio that comes back to an all or nothing extreme. That one is a real pain, but comes with a beautiful reward when you do meet someone who matches your magnetism.

Can I ask which house is your Venus in?

All that to say, of course, you will meet someone. Do not think Uranus and Venus will forbid you love. It is however about learning about yourself, and find the balance between your needs and want.

Next time you think 'Let's break up' I would advise sleeping on it a day or two. Love will come :biggrin:

belabismo

Same. I have a Uranus/Venus square. Uranus is in aspect to my Moon, Mars, and Ascendant also. I had one serious relationship and I would also feel every now and then like I was stifled. Yet if I'm honest I was also emotionally clingy, but that's another story. To be dead honest, if I wasn't worried about the practical reasons not to do so, I would just have a string of flings, lol.

I feel like I want a relationship where I'm given space and not expected to make life decisions with the other person in mind, yet am not cheated on or lied to. Which doesn't seem realistic...Or maybe I have more matters to suss out on this front.

UraSatVen1029

Ahah I fully relate to this.

Uranus in my 1st house, and 11th house ruled by Aquarius very busy with a stellium.

Uranus is about independence, which means you must find someone who is similar to you in this aspect, and anyone with too much dependence will make you feel overwhelmed fast (from my experience anyway).

Same here. Sometimes I feel its power can be stronger than Uranus in love relationship :/ Uranus is about change - you can find someone who loves change as well. But it is the Venus in Scorpio that comes back to an all or nothing extreme. That one is a real pain, but comes with a beautiful reward when you do meet someone who matches your magnetism.

Can I ask which house is your Venus in?

All that to say, of course, you will meet someone. Do not think Uranus and Venus will forbid you love. It is however about learning about yourself, and find the balance between your needs and want.

Next time you think 'Let's break up' I would advise sleeping on it a day or two. Love will come :biggrin:

My venus is in the 10th house. *sighs* another problem with me is that I think I can't balance work/career with love so I also fear getting into relationships without establishing a good and stable career yet.

astroubi

My venus is in the 10th house. *sighs* another problem with me is that I think I can't balance work/career with love so I also fear getting into relationships without establishing a good and stable career yet.

Ahah well, same as me again!

I've read in some places it indicated that you may meet your lovers at work, school or institutions. It supposedly also means being attracted to successful people. As the house is said to be 'where' the power of the planets is strongest, look in those places! You may find someone who will help you grow your career and find attraction there.

Personally, with Venus Scorpio in 10th house, there's nothing less sexy to me than a lack of ambition. I've met my biggest crushes within school and work circles and was attracted to their intelligence and magnetism.

I have always liked Tyra Banks' quote on the subject: 'Use romantic relationships to grow, not to lose yourself. Keep your priorities in order.' Maybe that will speak to you too!

UraSatVen1029

Ahah well, same as me again!

I've read in some places it indicated that you may meet your lovers at work, school or institutions. It supposedly also means being attracted to successful people. As the house is said to be 'where' the power of the planets is strongest, look in those places! You may find someone who will help you grow your career and find attraction there.

Personally, with Venus Scorpio in 10th house, there's nothing less sexy to me than a lack of ambition. I've met my biggest crushes within school and work circles and was attracted to their intelligence and magnetism.

I have always liked Tyra Banks' quote on the subject: 'Use romantic relationships to grow, not to lose yourself. Keep your priorities in order.' Maybe that will speak to you too!

Yes, yes, and yes.

A million times YES!

Knowing what you want turns me on. Ambition definitely turns me on. My crushes have been on school and sometimes outside the school, like the places where I'd most likely present and work in myself. (I perform onstage a lot. I meet some of my crushes here in between shows and rehearsals lol)
I'd definitely wouldn't like someone lazy and so.. not motivated to do anything haha. I do fin successful people attractive, both men and women. I adore them. Hardworkers too.

Thank god for that quote. Just last week, I found myself thinking something similar to that, since just recently I've been finding myself sandwhiched between friends who are in a relationship (in other words, I'm a third wheel) and I was thinking what I would like in a relationship.

And that's it. I need a relationship that helps me and the other person grow and balance life. :)

waybread

UraSatVen, do you want to post your chart? Usually it offers some solutions to personal dilemmas.

But basically, if you want independence and this is what you've been attracting to you, maybe you can continue on this path without beating yourself up over it. At its best, Uranus is the great liberator.

I have sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius. My sun and Pisces Mars trine Uranus on my midheaven. My Mercury and Uranus are in mutual reception. So yeah, I get Uranus.

Relationships caused me no end of heart-ache when I was young. However, I got into a serious relationship at age 23 that became my first marriage, which lasted for 20 years and produced two terrific children. We divorced, I remarried, and my husband and I will celebrate our 21st anniversary next month.

The key is to find a person who loves you but who will totally get and respect your need for independence and space.

UraSatVen1029

UraSatVen, do you want to post your chart? Usually it offers some solutions to personal dilemmas.

But basically, if you want independence and this is what you've been attracting to you, maybe you can continue on this path without beating yourself up over it. At its best, Uranus is the great liberator.

I have sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius. My sun and Pisces Mars trine Uranus on my midheaven. My Mercury and Uranus are in mutual reception. So yeah, I get Uranus.

Relationships caused me no end of heart-ache when I was young. However, I got into a serious relationship at age 23 that became my first marriage, which lasted for 20 years and produced two terrific children. We divorced, I remarried, and my husband and I will celebrate our 21st anniversary next month.

The key is to find a person who loves you but who will totally get and respect your need for independence and space.

Maybe privately? Idk. Maybe I'll post it later if I decide that I would want more insight :)

Well this kind of dilemma is rather old but I thought about it like almost two years ago and since then, I've learned how to not mope about it. But it did hit me recently this year how these kinds of relationships play out in my life when I started studying about myself through astrology.

Its just that I've been seeing more threads about these uranian people having relationship problems and some people who had relationships with these uranian people-- and they were bummed by the fact that these people weren't as stable or fixed compared to the others. So... I asked if it was actually possible for uranian people to have long lasting relationships.

It is, right? Just... maybe later in life or more hard work in finding the right person.

I'm still turning 19, still have so many goals to achieve. I'll probably find someone in relation to my career but I'll see if I chicken out again. Haha

astroubi

Thank god for that quote. Just last week, I found myself thinking something similar to that, since just recently I've been finding myself sandwhiched between friends who are in a relationship (in other words, I'm a third wheel) and I was thinking what I would like in a relationship.

Glad it helps ! :joyful: I've been swearing by this quote since I have found it.

I agree with this 100%, it is great advice.

So... I asked if it was actually possible for uranian people to have long lasting relationships.

Uranus is my 3rd dominant planet behind Jupiter and Pluto, and yes I have many long-lasting relationships in my friendships! My core group of friends dates back to when we were 6, we are all now in our 20s and still extremely close like family. I still see my crush I've met when I was 13, even though I never said a word about him being a huge crush, he is always here when I message.

Uranus is very loyal when it feels understood and cared for in my experience :smile:

UraSatVen1029

Uranus is my 3rd dominant planet behind Jupiter and Pluto, and yes I have many long-lasting relationships in my friendships! My core group of friends dates back to when we were 6, we are all now in our 20s and still extremely close like family. I still see my crush I've met when I was 13, even though I never said a word about him being a huge crush, he is always here when I message.

Uranus is very loyal when it feels understood and cared for in my experience :smile:

I agree. Uranus is my first dominant planet (I named myself UraSatVen for a reason haha:) and I've always been really supportive and loyal to my friends. Awwwe, I'm a bit jealous. My group of friends always change every year for some reason :smile:

I also feel that I'm a little eccentric for most people. (?) When I find someone as weird as I am, its easy for me to crush on them too. I actually love the idea of having romantic relationships that also feel like great friendships. :D

waybread

The main thing to keep in mind about Uranian and Aquarian people is that we need our space. We're happy in the same room with someone, provided s/he doesn't project a lot of emotional need or control on us.

Sometimes we're best off with pal-ship vs. a really close, intense relationship that soaks up too much of our energy. I sometimes find having to interact non-stop with other people to be emotionally exhausting.

Aries people need their independence.

My ex husband is a sun-Gemini. My husband is a sun-Libra: our suns are trined at the same degree. Air signs get along great with the other air signs and sometimes with fire signs (Sag and Aries.)

I think the problem comes in with the other sign elements. Probably the worst Aqua/Uranus combinations would be with an emotionally clingy Cancer or a dominant type of Scorpio or sun-Pluto person who just needs to control the relationship. Recalling that an air sign is primarily mental in outlook, but a water sign comes from a strongly emotional nature. Probably a narcissistic type of Leo who always has to be the best (and right about everything) would be hard for an Aqua/Uranian person to take, as well.

So if other people think that that we're unstable-- well, it takes two to form a relationship.

I would distinguish between Uranus and Aquarius. Uranus rules sudden change, so that is probably where a sense of instability could be real enough. But Aquarius is the fixed air sign, with Saturn as the traditional ruler. I think with the fixed signs (including Taurus, Scorpio, and Leo) that they'll put up with a lot, but once the relationship is over, it's over for about forever. Because the fixed sign person has moved into a new modality and will become fixed about that. Of course, they'd go about a break-up differently.

Really youthful relationships tend to be pretty fluid, anyway. When more mature people start thinking about settling down, they have another set of relationship criteria.

UraSatVen1029

The main thing to keep in mind about Uranian and Aquarian people is that we need our space. We're happy in the same room with someone, provided s/he doesn't project a lot of emotional need or control on us.

Sometimes we're best off with pal-ship vs. a really close, intense relationship that soaks up too much of our energy. I sometimes find having to interact non-stop with other people to be emotionally exhausting.

Aries people need their independence.

My ex husband is a sun-Gemini. My husband is a sun-Libra: our suns are trined at the same degree. Air signs get along great with the other air signs and sometimes with fire signs (Sag and Aries.)

I think the problem comes in with the other sign elements. Probably the worst Aqua/Uranus combinations would be with an emotionally clingy Cancer or a dominant type of Scorpio or sun-Pluto person who just needs to control the relationship. Recalling that an air sign is primarily mental in outlook, but a water sign comes from a strongly emotional nature. Probably a narcissistic type of Leo who always has to be the best (and right about everything) would be hard for an Aqua/Uranian person to take, as well.

So if other people think that that we're unstable-- well, it takes two to form a relationship.

I would distinguish between Uranus and Aquarius. Uranus rules sudden change, so that is probably where a sense of instability could be real enough. But Aquarius is the fixed air sign, with Saturn as the traditional ruler. I think with the fixed signs (including Taurus, Scorpio, and Leo) that they'll put up with a lot, but once the relationship is over, it's over for about forever. Because the fixed sign person has moved into a new modality and will become fixed about that. Of course, they'd go about a break-up differently.

Really youthful relationships tend to be pretty fluid, anyway. When more mature people start thinking about settling down, they have another set of relationship criteria.

What's even funnier is that I'm a mix of those incompatible combinations. Uranus dominant with heavy Scorpio chart. Gosh, talk about being paradox to yourself 😂