Understanding Chart Placements

byjove

Account Closed
Hi everyone! :biggrin:

I'm looking to learn about placements better, namely, how the aspects
and sign/house positions render the planet, it's potential, it's natal power etc.

I'll post my chat below, though a few times it's been unsuccessful so please bear with me in the event of a problem.

OK, the two placings I'm trying to understand better are my natal Mars and Jupiter. My natal Mars is ruler of Sun and is placed in the 11th of Gemini. The problem is, the aspects are few here, and I'm not sure does that place extra emphasis on them or simply highlight it's lack of contact? Mars has a semi-square with the Sun in the 10th of Aries, a sextile with Jupiter in the 10th of Aries (5degrees), and a bi-quintile with Neptune in the 6th house. So there is a weak positive aspect at 5 degrees orb, and two minor aspects, one negative and one positve. How do I look at this? Beyond that I'm not sure.

The second planet is Jupiter in the 10th of Aries. I'm concerned, because I've heard many stories about a fall from grace from a 10 Jupiter, and I'm not sure if Jupiter is negative or neutral, so I'm interested in learning more. So Jupiter has that sextile from Mars who is in the 11th of Gemini (5degreees), a square with Neptune in the 6th of Capricorn (1 degree), inconjunction with 5th Scorpio Pluto, and a conjunction with the true node. So, a weak confirmation from the ruler of the sign he's in, good, a square from Neptune indicating great ideas playing out in the mind but not very well applied, perhaps dreaming too much, yet Neptune is all dried up and serious in Capricorn, so perhaps not so lethal? I've little info on the inconjunction with Pluto, though I've read it means I'm impatient with expansion, and yes I am, but is that really a danger? And a conjunction with the north node, with indications of understanding cultural values etc. but perhaps a hasty rise in wealth and through life. So, is Jupiter neg, pos or netural?

Any comments, info, debate would be very welcome! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    1 By Jove w POF Placidus.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    2 By Jove Natal With POF Whole Sign.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

smilingsteph

Pluto sextile Neptune and trines Venus
Pluto in the fifth house, in its own sign of Scorpio. Pluto through 5th house of creativity, love, thinking out –side the box, can help you to enrich the lives of others through the trine in the 9th house of travel, philosophy and higher learning. Venus is in the sign of Pisces where the ruler of Pisces is in the 6th house. So you will help to serve others through your 5th and 9th pursuits
Your main focus will be your 10th house, and your 6th house. How your work (10th) can serve others (6th)
Venus rules the 11th house of Taurus, which can help you to network through friends, travel to bring your philosophy gained through higher learning to these people you meet.
Jupiter seeks expansion in your career, fueled by mars in the 11th house all of this
Your energies focused in the 10th house are the great expansion of Jupiter, the energetic Aries sun and the mercurial mind. Jupiter’s expansion becomes fueled by the 11th house martian energies and seeks to bring the 10th and 11th houses together.
True Jupiter square Neptune can bring about dreams that may not become reality because you tend to not put them into action, but your Pluto in the 5th can help bring creative aspects of yourself out into the open.
I think that a planet that has few aspects wants to scream out “look at me, I am here!” So they react in a stronger manner than those with multiple placements. A bad example: Lets say I study one subject at school and only one, I will be very strong in that particular subject. Now if I scatter my energies to learning lots of subjects I will know a lot sure, but probably wont be very strong in one particular thing.
Your sun is in the 10th house and it rules the second house of Leo. I think that you can make with your career a great income.

starlink

ByJove, I had written a long explanation and hoops, I lost it!! I did something stupid, but OK, here I am again and will try to tell you what I had written before.
Sun is intercepted in your 10th house, an intercepted Sun shows difficulties in expressing the Self. It feels kind of stuck is the right description. It needs help to get that energy out. The main ruler of that 10th house of yours is Neptune, modernly speaking, but Jupiter, traditionally seen. And this Jupiter, also in that 10th house, very nicely sextiles the ruler of your Sun, therefore helping it in a way to "get the message out". Litterally, because everything in this chart points to 3rd house issues.

Moon in the 3rd
Mercury in the 10th and Mercury rules your Moon who is the ruler of your Ascendant.
Sun in the 10th, and Sun rules your 3rd house!

So all these planets connected to the 3rd house point towards a strong interest from your side to express yourself in a 3rd house fashion. This could be through writing, through acting (Neptune ruling house 10!) or selling, also a 3rd house thing.

I'm concerned, because I've heard many stories about a fall from grace from a 10 Jupiter, and I'm not sure if Jupiter is negative or neutral, so I'm interested in learning more.
Well, I haven't. This happens with Saturn in the 10th quite often, but Jupiter?
Anyways, that Jupiter is squaring Neptune. If we take Neptune as ruler of 10, it could show great (Jupiter) work (square) in connection with the career (Neptune) or also great imagination, maybe a bit too rosy coloured and difficult to bring into reality.

Jupiter rules your house of work/health issues and service to others and the square could either show that you are confused about how or in what sort of manner you could serve others in your career, or it could show some dislike in doing so, or maybe an inability, fear,(Saturn there as well) to do what you want to do. The problem with the Uranus-Saturn conjunction is of course that on the one hand you dont want to be tied down (Uranus) while on the other hand some call of duty is present.

Moon-Saturn also shows the shyness, insecurity factor and Venus-Saturn, the difficulty to show how you really feel (towards co-workers maybe) and others in general (Saturn rules your 7th house of business as well as private relationships).

Sun rules your selfconfidence and it is, as I said, sort of stuck. It needs a strong transit to come out, but then it could come out with great force (because it has been restrained for so long).

There is great potential there, artistic ability (Pluto trine Venus) but you probably must try to have more faith in yourself. Mars in the 11th sextile Jupiter is a perfectly good, strong aspect, showing the ability to take action in career matters.
Sun trine Saturn shows responsibility but Moon opposing it's own ruler could be a sign that your emotions and subconscious feelings are causing you to be your own worst enemy.

Your mars rules 9th house cusp in Equal house and therefore it's connected to 9th house matters where you, where your mercury, jupiter and sun are placed. Cos this is also a 'cadent' house make take a little longer to identify with, but anything Sagg ie: philosophy, travel, higher learning, the law, police, legal work, religions may all appeal?

Now Jupiter conj N Node is worth reseraching more cos this is where you will expand and grow in 9th house matters in the sign of Aries. Aries is great at starting things, but not great a finishing things. The square to neptune in 6th suggests perhaps overgenerous to co workers and type of work you do and daily routines. You could also get mysterious illnesses, hard to diagnose or then mysteriously disappear

May be worth researching your nodes sign and position for where Lessons you are supposed to be learning this time round.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/nodesofthemoon.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinsagittarius.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinaries.html

Also your quincunxs warrant further research cos they can be hard to identify with.
Jupiter Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto

Your overly self-secure mode of interacting disguises some deep distrust of your own foundations. Behind your flamboyance and manipulative assertions are some profound insecurities. When you come to terms with your own weaknesses and see them as not so profound or bad, you will simultaneously become more open and acknowledging of other people's values and points of view. This lays the foundation to use your vast insight and expanse of vision in a positive manner.

Sun Quincunx (Inconjunct) Moon

Your perceptions of others and of life circumstances alter as you get older. As others misunderstand your intentions and you misjudge others' motivations, natural corrections occur for you. It is through concentrating on the core values of communication in relationships that you make major adjustments between your ego drives and your emotional needs. This becomes a critical mechanism for personal growth and development.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

My version of Jupiter (opinons, spiritual beliefs) quin Pluto (power), perhaps wanting everything at once. Misunderstand the reactions you get from others? Can have a transforming affect (pluto) through philosophy and spiritual matters.

starlink

Astrologer50,
Your mars rules 9th house cusp in Equal house
does the 9th house cusp not fall at 25° Pisces, so Neptune/Jupiter are the rulers?. I dont use Equal but I think you have to count every house from the Ascendant degree which is 25° Cancer, so the 9th would then be Pisces, not Aries. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Starlink

byjove

Account Closed
Your sun is in the 10th house and it rules the second house of Leo. I think that you can make with your career a great income.

Many years later, and I've a better grip on unravelling this thankfully! I bought books on this to help me, I should have them in the post soon. I'm trying estimate the height or potential of some things. I know the Sun ruling the second in the angular 10th and strong by sign is good potential, but I've no idea how to estimate it's potential. The Sun's aspects tell me a bit about time and manner, Uranus rules the 8th of joint income the potential is increased, Saturn's partile trine says 'slow and steady, build upwards and don't gamble recklessly'. What kind of rank in career or potential income though?