Singleton Planets are Harmful

magnolia8

Or so I'm wondering.

The way I'm defining a singleton is also known as the "handle" of a bucket chart. These planets occupy an entire hemisphere by themselves and I THINK they're often heavily aspected. I'm not referring to a planet that's by itself in an element or mode as a singleton.

My singleton is Jupiter. It's in the 8th house and in the anaretic degree (Aries). It aspects almost everything in my chart (angles included), primarily as squares, trines or oppositions. I just realized that this planet may at least partially explain a recklessness I've never been able to understand but which has gotten me in a world of hurt more than once. (I do have Pluto in the 2nd, also opposing this singleton planet as part of a Tsquare - it might give similar effects.)

Do singletons have too much influence in a chart?

I'm rushed, so I can't add more at the moment. If anyone has experience, please share. Thanks.

katydid

Or so I'm wondering.

The way I'm defining a singleton is also known as the "handle" of a bucket chart. These planets occupy an entire hemisphere by themselves and I THINK they're often heavily aspected. I'm not referring to a planet that's by itself in an element or mode as a singleton.

My singleton is Jupiter. It's in the 8th house and in the anaretic degree (Aries). It aspects almost everything in my chart (angles included), primarily as squares, trines or oppositions. I just realized that this planet may at least partially explain a recklessness I've never been able to understand but which has gotten me in a world of hurt more than once. (I do have Pluto in the 2nd, also opposing this singleton planet as part of a Tsquare - it might give similar effects.)

Do singletons have too much influence in a chart?

I'm rushed, so I can't add more at the moment. If anyone has experience, please share. Thanks.

The singleton, when the handle of a bucket chart, is very powerful and influential. Your handle is in the 8th, so the power and influence falls in that secretive, deeply emotional, sensitive house.

Having Jupiter there may feel like too much, sometimes. Jupiter exaggerates everything and expands everything. So in the 8th=Too much emotional intensity, and too many fears/phobias, with the Pluto opposing from the 2nd.

2nd/8th house activities could possibly stir up deep insecurities and fears concerning the physical body [2nd] and intimacy [8th] and might prevent someone from wanting anyone to be too close emotionally or physically. :bandit:

magnolia8

The singleton, when the handle of a bucket chart, is very powerful and influential. Your handle is in the 8th, so the power and influence falls in that secretive, deeply emotional, sensitive house.

Having Jupiter there may feel like too much, sometimes. Jupiter exaggerates everything and expands everything. So in the 8th=Too much emotional intensity, and too many fears/phobias, with the Pluto opposing from the 2nd.

2nd/8th house activities could possibly stir up deep insecurities and fears concerning the physical body [2nd] and intimacy [8th] and might prevent someone from wanting anyone to be too close emotionally or physically. :bandit:

Hi, katydid

Yes, I’ve lived a deeply phobic life. I’ve always carried the ‘sense’ that I could be destroyed and that I’m too helpless to fend off my own destruction. I couldn’t explain this even if I wanted to - this ‘fear’ (which is a fear for my life, I guess) is pretty much beyond my conscious reach. I only realized it’s always been there a few years ago and that it’s had very devastating/life-altering consequences.

In any case, it’s great to finally get an interpretation of Jupiter in the 8th that isn’t about how “lucky” a placement this is. (I do recall another poster suggesting that Jupiter in this house could be dark.) Paradoxically, I’ve blown the lid off a few times and gone terrifyingly overboard in 8th-house matters (or perhaps, again, it was Pluto in the 2nd), as if I had no concept of consequences. (In the end, the destruction of self I fear did happen, in piecemeal fashion. Realized that just now.) That’s why I said singletons are dangerous or harmful - my speculation is that one planet shouldn’t have so much energy.

Anyway, thanks!

P.S. My chart revolves around walling off/deep fear, which is ironic since I have a packed 11th house.

Last edited:

katydid

Hi, katydid

Yes, I’ve lived a deeply phobic life. I’ve always carried the ‘sense’ that I could be destroyed and that I’m too helpless to fend off my own destruction. I couldn’t explain this even if I wanted to - this ‘fear’ (which is a fear for my life, I guess) is pretty much beyond my conscious reach. I only realized it’s always been there a few years ago and that it’s had very devastating/life-altering consequences.

In any case, it’s great to finally get an interpretation of Jupiter in the 8th that isn’t about how “lucky” a placement this is. (I do recall another poster suggesting that Jupiter in this house could be dark.) Paradoxically, I’ve blown the lid off a few times and gone terrifyingly overboard in 8th-house matters (or perhaps, again, it was Pluto in the 2nd), as if I had no concept of consequences. (In the end, the destruction of self I fear did happen, in piecemeal fashion. Realized that just now.) That’s why I said singletons are dangerous or harmful - my speculation is that one planet shouldn’t have so much energy.

Anyway, thanks!

P.S. My chart revolves around walling off/deep fear, which is ironic since I have a packed 11th house.

YES, to the bolded statement above.

Jupiter in the 8th can be very beneficial and lucky. But when it is the handle of a bucket, it is too much of a 'good' thing. :sideways:

Jupiter expands, exaggerates, magnifies and brings things out into the open in a very public way. In the secretive, privacy seeking 8th house, that can be a deep internal struggle.

The 8th house yearns for intimacy and secrecy, yet Jupiter demands public recognition and notoriety. So it feels awkward and uncomfortable to deal with 8th house matters, like sexual /romantic pursuits and intimate relationships. :love:

It might feel invasive for someone to show you romantic interest, even if you also have the same desires?:alien:

greybeard

The handle planet of a Bucket pattern is always predominant in a chart and doubly so if also a singleton by hemisphere.

A singleton is not of itself pernicious, but any planet receiving excessive emphasis is likely to be so due to the creation of an imbalanced, lopsided and probably fanatical character. Cf Venus in Hitler's chart, emphasized far beyond what is normal, given power far beyond any other planet through its conditions: lord of horoscope, lord of Sun, sole dispositor, tightly conjunct rx Mars, etc. It is a Venus gone wild.

JUPITERASC

The handle planet of a Bucket pattern is always predominant in a chart and doubly so if also a singleton by hemisphere.

A singleton is not of itself pernicious, but any planet receiving excessive emphasis is likely to be so due to the creation of an imbalanced, lopsided and probably fanatical character. Cf Venus in Hitler's chart, emphasized far beyond what is normal, given power far beyond any other planet through its conditions: lord of horoscope, lord of Sun, sole dispositor, tightly conjunct rx Mars, etc. It is a Venus gone wild.
patterns.jpg

waybread

Do you want to post your chart? Saturn rules fears, Pluto modernly rules phobias, and Mars rules your courage as well as recklessness. There may be something else going on here, especially if Jupiter isn't so badly aspected.

The 8th might give you a morbid fear of death, but with strongly 8th house people, it's more apt to show up as an interest in death, as well as the occult. Jupiter in the 8th might deepen your interest in occult subjects.

Usually Jupiter and Venus aspects get a bit softened.

Do you want to post your chart? I'm a bit mystified as to how you could have a tenanted 8th plus 11th with a bucket formation, but probably I'm not visualizing it accurately.

Last edited:

magnolia8

Do you want to post your chart? Saturn rules fears, Pluto modernly rules phobias, and Mars rules your courage as well as recklessness. There may be something else going on here, especially if Jupiter isn't so badly aspected.

The 8th might give you a morbid fear of death, but with strongly 8th house people, it's more apt to show up as an interest in death, as well as the occult. Jupiter in the 8th might deepen your interest in occult subjects.

Usually Jupiter and Venus aspects get a bit softened.

Do you want to post your chart? I'm a bit mystified as to how you could have a tenanted 8th plus 11th with a bucket formation, but probably I'm not visualizing it accurately.

Hi, waybread

I don't like the idea of my chart being seen/accessed by everyone. You're welcome to view it via PM. :)

I don't know whether it's "morbid," but I certainly do not like the topic of death. I have depressive thoughts, but aside from when those strike, I try to stay as far away from the subject as I can. That's a destruction that I really *can't* fend off AND it's all-consuming. And it can strike those that I love at any moment. Troubling.

I have considered the possibility of a splay chart. The graphic that JUPITERASC posted raises that possibility again - my chart looks closer to the splay than the bucket. I thought bucket charts could be spotted by a heavily-aspected singleton.

@greybeard
Pardon me, but how did you verify his birthtime?

Last edited:

greybeard

Whose birth time? Hitler? His time is known.

There are rules for patterns. In Hitler's chart Marc Edmund Jones, who "invented" the patterns, types Hitler's chart as a Splay. I type it as a Seesaw. No problem. Either typing is justifiable according to the rules.

I bet you thought I was going to say I asked Paula, Hitler's mother, when he was born. I'm not THAT old!

Last edited:

waybread

Hi, waybread

I don't like the idea of my chart being seen/accessed by everyone. You're welcome to view it via PM. :)

I don't know whether it's "morbid," but I certainly do not like the topic of death. I have depressive thoughts, but aside from when those strike, I try to stay as far away from the subject as I can. That's a destruction that I really *can't* fend off AND it's all-consuming. And it can strike those that I love at any moment. Troubling.

I have considered the possibility of a splay chart. The graphic that JUPITERASC posted raises that possibility again - my chart looks closer to the splay than the bucket. I thought bucket charts could be spotted by a heavily-aspected singleton.

@greybeard
Pardon me, but how did you verify his birthtime?

It's up to you, but if you render your chart anonymous, it's unlikely anyone can trace you. You can't send a chart via PM although you could link one to a site like imgur.com . You could send your birth data, but with a location, that would make you easier to trace. Not that I would ever do such a thing. I'm very privacy conscious myself.

Idrew

I have mars singleton as the handle of my bucket. Its also retrograde and opposite my sun.

Attachments

• DREW.gif
    DREW.gif
    63.9 KB · Views: 44