Please help me, I don't know why I'm so shy.

Silversong

I'd been silent for the past month, and I not too long ago realized that it would be much better for me to talk about my issue than to just hope it will eventually go away. :innocent:

After my previous thread fizzled out, I figured that I should look to other threads around the forum for where I could be helpful or inspired to join in. I wasn't all that successful- while I found a lot of threads, they were mostly already well underway. I felt so overwhelmed at the thought of trying to join in- when there was already so much said- that I would get tired and need to leave. The recurring feelings of being overwhelmed and tired were what really kept me away. It wasn't just the fact that I am a novice and I don't want to make mistakes- I am also super shy. I can't keep up with anything social without a lot of time and effort. :pinched:

This incredible shyness is frustrating and I would really like to see if my chart shows why I am so shy and how I can be more social and communicative. Maybe my chart shows an important issue that I am not aware of that's in my way? Maybe it's simply in my nature to be shy and awkward and I have to find ways to make things easier on myself? :unsure:

Attachments

• Rectified.jpg
    Rectified.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 51

IleneK

Premium Member
I'd been silent for the past month, and I not too long ago realized that it would be much better for me to talk about my issue than to just hope it will eventually go away. :innocent:

After my previous thread fizzled out, I figured that I should look to other threads around the forum for where I could be helpful or inspired to join in. I wasn't all that successful- while I found a lot of threads, they were mostly already well underway. I felt so overwhelmed at the thought of trying to join in- when there was already so much said- that I would get tired and need to leave. The recurring feelings of being overwhelmed and tired were what really kept me away. It wasn't just the fact that I am a novice and I don't want to make mistakes- I am also super shy. I can't keep up with anything social without a lot of time and effort. :pinched:

This incredible shyness is frustrating and I would really like to see if my chart shows why I am so shy and how I can be more social and communicative. Maybe my chart shows an important issue that I am not aware of that's in my way? Maybe it's simply in my nature to be shy and awkward and I have to find ways to make things easier on myself? :unsure:

Taurus Sun is quite shy by nature. In addition, when you look out into the world, you see it through the lens of your Sun's opposition to Pluto in Scorpio in the boundless 12th house. With no offense intended in any way to Scorpios of any stripe, seeing the world through that lens can sometimes be downright scarey, especially to a Taurus. So this Sun-Pluto opposition could cause you to pull back, to somewhat heighten your reserve. In addition, there is a lot of forward, cardinal energy pouring from your Capricorn-Cancer planets, especially Uranus, into your Sun. This is not the most agreeable or comforting type energy for steady, grounded Taurus.

Then with Moon in Pisces and Venus in Cancer, you are also quite sensitive to those with which you come into contact. This may give you pause, and rightfully so, in order to be sure that Taurus Sun has the safety and security that it needs.

So all of this is to say that I think you may be inherently shy, or rather, introverted. With introversion, social contact may draw down one's energy, compared to extraverts, who gain energy from contact with others. And while I hear that your introversion is disconcerting and frustrating for you, I hope you also know that in this world of 24/7 noise, on one level, introversion may be perceived as both charming and refreshing to some observers.

Now, what to do? The first thing I would say about it is that you are still tender in your years, and that as you mature and become more ease with yourself, some of the shyness will likely transform. And when we look for help in the chart to work with liberating Taurus Sun's reserve, paradoxically, we will seek out what appears to be part of the problem, Pluto in Scorpio! For Scorpio's inherent qualities are ultimately required to bring wholeness and balance to the integrated expression of the Taurus-Scorpio axis. But that would be for later discussion.
icon7.gif

In the meantime, it may be helpful for you to begin steeping yourself in the symbolism and lore of Taurus and Scorpio. If you chose to do so and want to ask me questions about it, I would be happy to talk about it with you. And if you prefer not to, that is okay, too.

But most importantly, though, Silversong, please know that temperamentally you are just of a certain type, and there is room for all types to sit at the world's table.

Last edited:

Silversong

Hello, IleneK. Thanks so much for your interpretation. Your post has given me tons to think about. May I PM you to talk further?

Hi, Moog. I titled my chart as such because I got a chart rectification and this is my corrected chart. I don't actually know how to explain rectification itself beyond the idea of having my chart tested to have the angles and transits therein correspond with important events in my life.

StillOne

I would suggest you research your Mars position. I think Mars posited in Cancer makes you naturally more reserved, cauitous and possibly insecure. According to traditional astrology, Mars is in fall in Cancer or in it's most difficult position. Since it's part of a T-Square, it shows there's some challenge there. Mercury is included in this T-Sq which challenges your thinking nature, showing there's a difficulty between how you think and act.

Moog

Hi, Moog. I titled my chart as such because I got a chart rectification and this is my corrected chart. I don't actually know how to explain rectification itself beyond the idea of having my chart tested to have the angles and transits therein correspond with important events in my life.

Does the 'raw' chart have a different rising sign?

fullmoonlibra

Thanks Ilene, you gave interesting information and helped me too.
I've a Taurus Sun opposite Pluto too.
But my Sun is at the aries-taurus cusp (2degrees), and trine Leo AC.
So I guess it's not that bad, for someone with Taurus Sun, who wants to become famous :tongue:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks Ilene, you gave interesting information and helped me too.
I've a Taurus Sun opposite Pluto too.
But my Sun is at the aries-taurus cusp (2degrees), and trine Leo AC.
So I guess it's not that bad, for someone with Taurus Sun, who wants to become famous :tongue:

You are welcome, fullmoonlibra. There is great power with Taurus Sun opposite Pluto, and there are a number of famous Tauruses, for sure!

Peregrine_Moon

There's lots of good stuff here, already. My contribution to the discussion is to note that Saturn and Jupiter are in exact opposition, separated by only 49 minutes, and the opposition forms a "peregrine island." That means that these two planets form significant aspect to each other but not to any other planets in the horoscope. As a result, the opposition threatens to completely dominate the chart and, given that Jupiter rules Sagittarius--the Ascendant--the personality, as well.

While almost any planet opposed to Saturn seems to be a polar opposite, in contrast to Saturn's limiting and constricting activity, Jupiter's expansiveness makes it the most diametrically different planet. Saturn represents discipline, order, patience, limits, rules, boundaries, procedures and practicality. Strong aspects from Saturn can produce a fear of failure because the individual fears taking risks, making mistakes or simply losing in any contest. Jupiter represents intuition, creative imagination, faith and devotion to higher things. A person with Saturn opposite Jupiter often feels deeply torn as meeting the requirements of mundane, practical life contradict living by intuition, open to imagination and grace. Many people, faced with this conflict, abandon their faith, deeming it to be irrational, impractical, unprovable, even useless (Saturn terms!). The problem is that life becomes meaningless when lived by rote. Following all the rules, keeping to the straight and narrow, reigning in any impulse to be spontaneous is a certain way to eradicate joy from one's life. Moreover, suppressing Jupiter is never successful for long. It will erupt irrationally and compulsively in the form of bad judgment, hunches that didn't pan out, and unnecessary risks that failed to produce the results expected.

Oppositions are difficult aspects because we usually handle them badly, imagining that we have to avoid expressing the needs and drives of one of the planets involved. This is impossible. But when viewed positively, the two planets can be brought together, so that we integrate the needs and values of both. With Saturn and Pluto, this will include developing a personal ethic that includes balancing things like honesty and dishonesty, selfishness and selflessness, the nature of good and evil in individual behaviour and decision-making.

Silversong, to some extent, your shyness may be attributed to Saturn's inhibiting tendencies, particularly if you feel anxious, uncertain, worried about failure or how you will be received. It's one thing to be reserved or moderate in one's self-expression but quite another thing to be driven by fear. Listen to the voices in your head when you are feeling shy. They're probably full of dire warnings about being foolish, ugly, ignorant, unimportant, unnecessary, inconvenient, imposing and undeserving. Silencing those voices is a heroic task for most people. Let Jupiter help you with his promises of grace, blessing, abundance and a good life lived well.

And please, if you feel you're not able to work through this on your own--which would be entirely understandable--seek the help of a good therapist. Saturn-Jupiter contacts can be a major source of depression. A cognitive behavioural therapist can give you some great insights and good tools for addressing this.

Silversong

Hello, Peregrine Moon. Thank you for stopping by and giving a ton of insight! :smile:

There's lots of good stuff here, already. My contribution to the discussion is to note that Saturn and Jupiter are in exact opposition, separated by only 49 minutes, and the opposition forms a "peregrine island." That means that these two planets form significant aspect to each other but not to any other planets in the horoscope. As a result, the opposition threatens to completely dominate the chart and, given that Jupiter rules Sagittarius--the Ascendant--the personality, as well.
I didn't realize that Jupiter and Saturn being alone against each other like that would actually strengthen the effect of the aspect they have. I spent a little time looking at it some time ago before as well because it was so close. It's also kind of funny that my strong oppositions are in the Fixed signs. I wonder if that means I will have an extra bit of a fight in balancing the energies?

Do you see Jupiter as a ruling planet for me because Sagittarius is Intercepted in First house? I didn't think of it that way before. I actually thought that my First house energy would be like a 60/40 blend of Scorpio and Sagittarius... But then, I think that actually just agrees with what you're saying. :biggrin: Ok.
...I am kind of scared of the idea that my personality and perception might be dominated by my Sun/Pluto and Jupiter/Saturn oppositions...

While almost any planet opposed to Saturn seems to be a polar opposite, in contrast to Saturn's limiting and constricting activity, Jupiter's expansiveness makes it the most diametrically different planet. Saturn represents discipline, order, patience, limits, rules, boundaries, procedures and practicality. Strong aspects from Saturn can produce a fear of failure because the individual fears taking risks, making mistakes or simply losing in any contest. Jupiter represents intuition, creative imagination, faith and devotion to higher things. A person with Saturn opposite Jupiter often feels deeply torn as meeting the requirements of mundane, practical life contradict living by intuition, open to imagination and grace. Many people, faced with this conflict, abandon their faith, deeming it to be irrational, impractical, unprovable, even useless (Saturn terms!). The problem is that life becomes meaningless when lived by rote. Following all the rules, keeping to the straight and narrow, reigning in any impulse to be spontaneous is a certain way to eradicate joy from one's life.
:pinched: Yes, it almost feels like salt in the wound to have such opposite planets also literally oppose each other in my chart. And I've definitely leant toward Saturn, especially in the way that you describe in the part I bolded. In fact, you basically just described things and ideas I've faced- and while it should probably make me feel a little better that a lot of people with this opposition react to it in that way, I still feel more stuck in inaction about it than anything else. I bolded the second part because that was really applicable to me- I didn't know that something like that would be so obvious from my Jupiter/Saturn opposition alone. :andy:

Moreover, suppressing Jupiter is never successful for long. It will erupt irrationally and compulsively in the form of bad judgment, hunches that didn't pan out, and unnecessary risks that failed to produce the results expected.
Ah, that makes sense.
Jeez, it makes me wonder how much worse things between these planets got since I had my Saturn opposite Saturn Transit. I turned completely inward and rejected the changes in my life completely. It probably was more the worse with Saturn and Jupiter conjunct for the time, and I wonder if I am still living the psychological effects of that since then. :pouty:

Oppositions are difficult aspects because we usually handle them badly, imagining that we have to avoid expressing the needs and drives of one of the planets involved. This is impossible. But when viewed positively, the two planets can be brought together, so that we integrate the needs and values of both.
Yep. Part of me is bummed that I fell directly in that trap, stomping down my Jupiter spirit.

With Saturn and Pluto, this will include developing a personal ethic that includes balancing things like honesty and dishonesty, selfishness and selflessness, the nature of good and evil in individual behaviour and decision-making.
...Oy, all of those things are conducive to a functional life, but working on all of that's a lot of hard work (which seems to be the only Saturnine thing I haven't steeped myself in completely :lol:). I suppose one way to look at this (if for no other reason than to keep my chin up a little) is that I guess I wouldn't have gotten these aspects if I totally couldn't handle them, right? And the motivation has to be around here somewhere. :sleeping: :D

Silversong, to some extent, your shyness may be attributed to Saturn's inhibiting tendencies, particularly if you feel anxious, uncertain, worried about failure or how you will be received. It's one thing to be reserved or moderate in one's self-expression but quite another thing to be driven by fear. Listen to the voices in your head when you are feeling shy. They're probably full of dire warnings about being foolish, ugly, ignorant, unimportant, unnecessary, inconvenient, imposing and undeserving. Silencing those voices is a heroic task for most people. Let Jupiter help you with his promises of grace, blessing, abundance and a good life lived well.
Indeed, I need to pay more attention to this. I just don't know if I know how to express my Jupiter spirit after shunning him so much. It's almost like I'd have to go in the complete opposite direction and avoid all Saturnine traits just to break even. :unsure:

And please, if you feel you're not able to work through this on your own--which would be entirely understandable--seek the help of a good therapist. Saturn-Jupiter contacts can be a major source of depression. A cognitive behavioural therapist can give you some great insights and good tools for addressing this.
Thank you. This is certainly something I need to think about.