any signs of passive aggression in this chart?

Harmelia

all my life i've been getting complaints about me being very passive aggresive (i'm trying to get better i promise) and i really wonder if that translates to my chart somehow can anyone help?? thanks in advance!

Passive-aggressiveness, as I understand it, is a displacement of one's feelings - in particular, hurt and anger. The person doing passive-aggressive interactions is mostly unaware they are doing it. So, a passive-aggressive interaction would look like the person doing something indirectly that makes the other person angry, and then has no idea why the other person is angry.

Is this what you're talking about?

waybread

Um, um, maybe.

With Pluto-Mars opposite Saturn, you may at least give off mixed signals. Pluto conjunct Mars can be highly assertive, but Saturn tries to button them down. Saturn is the Dr. No of the zodiac. Imagine a conversation between your planets:

Mars and Pluto on the MC: "We wanna punch his lights out!"

Moon in Aries. "Yeh, me too!"

Saturn: "Stop this right now, children."

12th house sun in Aquarius: "I prefer to work behind the scenes, anyway, not in public. But with our sextile thing going on, Mars and Pluto buddies, maybe there's a kind of cool, detached-looking way to express our anger more mentally. You'll get your point across but the optics are a lot better for us."

Pluto: "Devious. I like it."

Venus: "My hero!"

Saturn: "Curses! Foiled again ."

[OK, OK, just had to throw in a little melodrama.]

Last edited:

katydid

just about! i've been accused of just casually being aggressive but in a more of a concealed manner. in my case i don't do it deliberately but i don't know if that's the case with everyone else as well. thanks for the assistance!

I think it might be the Neptune factor.

When I first read your thread title, the first thing I thought was maybe you had Neptune squaring your Mars or Mercury. One of the most Passive/aggressive people I know has her Mercury/Mars [in Sag] square Neptune in Virgo in her 12th. :pouty:

Your Mars sextiles your Neptune so it is not malicious. But they are allies.

The Neptune is so tightly conjunct your Sun that maybe that is why it seems some of your motivations are concealed--even if you don't consciously mean it to be that way.

Neptune works in an evasive, discreet way. It can even be kind of unconscious programming on your part, to be under the radar, low key sneaky. :bandit:

So you have the Sun in the secretive, hidden 12th, of subterfuge, behind the veil of Neptune. But in opposition to that energy, you have the boldly loyal, enthusiastic Jupiter in Leo in the 6th of the workplace. So you may be very vocal and supportive of others around you, expressing your loyalty and admiration.

Imagine their surprise when you then do something behind the scenes that seems to defy that public encouragement and supportive stance?

Last edited:

Harmelia

just about! i've been accused of just casually being aggressive but in a more of a concealed manner. in my case i don't do it deliberately but i don't know if that's the case with everyone else as well. thanks for the assistance!

I don't think everyone is passive-aggressive as described - but - I also think the term is thrown around and used when it really isn't the case.

Let me look at your chart now - I didn't have time before.

Your past life symbol is in Sagittarius in the 9th house - conjunct Mars. This indicates that there was "fight" in the life. There could have been a war, or it could have been something like a lot of conflict and turmoil around you and in your life. Because it's the 9th house, it could have been intellectual arguments - philosophical arguments - that kind of thing. Maybe you were judged and shunned because you bested others in your arguments and made enemies that way. Sagittarius can be very competitive and "superior"-sounding. Whatever happened, the wound is to your self-identity. Pluto in Sag says that you are here to evolve the way you do Sagittarius - 10th house. The 10th house is the house of career, but it is also simply your outer-most social self. It represents knowing who you are deep down and being able to express who you are socially. It's this part of yourself you are evolving.

Basically, you are revising your self-identity - who you think you are. You're reflecting upon yourself, your philosophy on life, what you think is important and of value to you. The way forward is through perfecting skills that are of service to others. Doing this gives you much self-esteem and value - as you rediscover yourself and build a new identity.

Pisces rising gives you the ability to be what others need you to be. You can wear a lot of hats. But the Aries Moon is quite forthright. It's in the first house. Aries Moon is ruled by Mars in Sagittarius. My guess is that people are feeling your Moon and Mars. This is very forthright energy. I have Aries Sun, Mars and Mercury - so I have been told that I'm too direct and I learned not to be for that reason - unless I really feel it is necessary. I personally like it when others are direct with me. Aries is direct, honest, and forthright. Not everyone likes it. If you aren't expressing it directly, perhaps this is what others feel. It is assertive - definitely - and some might think it aggressive when it really isn't. It could seem concealed behind the Pisces rising and 12th house planets.

With Saturn on your Gemini IC - it could be that you don't like expressing yourself directly - Saturn is unemotional - it tends not to pay much attention to feelings - sweeps them under the rug. Aquarius Sun could also be all in the head and not so much in the heart and gut. You could seem a bit aloof or somewhere else to others - ethereal. But then, you've got the Aries Moon and Mars conjunct South Node - so there's a bite, a sting, a bit of fight that has nowhere to go.

You probably need an outlet for your Mars and Aries Moon. It might be exercise, a sport, a martial art - this is the kind of thing Aries - Mars likes. Also, it's good to be in touch with the Mars and Aries energy within you. You might have some anger to get out from the past life. It's possible that throwing yourself into a passionate intellectual challenge will be a good outlet too. But, I think you need to physically move and assert yourself that way for an outlet. And be conscious of using your Aries-Mars energy. It will be part of grounding yourself into your body, into this life, and into feeling whole. When you own all your feelings and know how you feel, then you can monitor and have some control over how you want to express yourself.