new moon in Scorpio

Discover

Hi,
Can anybody share any insights on this new moon in Scorpio at a critical degree?
Also, this new moon conjuncts my natal mercury and neptune in the seventh house. My sun is in 1 degree sag.(8th house) So, I believe it could be quite significant. I am not in relationship right now, but have been going through a long struggle in letting go of my former husband. Over the past 2 months, he seems to have stopped contacting me.
My progressed ascendant is at 29 degree taurus, which opposes this new moon.

Detailed information about my chart:
23 November 1968
15:40
Maputo, Mozambique.

I would greatly value your input

Frisiangal

Hi,
New Moons have a reputation for bringing on 'new situations'. When it's just a one on occurance the effect may not be noticed so much, but this new moon is one of a series following the lunar eclipse on 29 degrees Virgo in September. This new moon would have aspected your natal 7th house planets and progr. Asc-Desc. axis. So, it brought about a 'new situation' regarding Mercury-Neptune's function as that relates to your marriage/partnership. AND, Mercury rules Virgo, as if saying, 'see the situation as it really is." The new moons will continue until March 2007, a partial eclipse, after which they move out of orb influence.

The question is HOW are you adjusting to this new situation in which you say, "I ...........have been going through a long struggle in letting go of my former husband. Over the past 2 months, he seems to have stopped contacting me." That would coincide with the first 'hit' from the lunar eclipse. Would that not be a natural process if each of you is to get on with your own lives in which the other plays no part, although you might wish to remain friends with him? I am reminded of an old Everly Brothers (before your time!) song with the lines, 'Ask me to forget you but don't ask me to be friends.'
As the new moons continue to aspect Mercury-Neptune-prog. Desc. from the various signs, your feelings and attitude should undergo a change which, hopefully will find conclusion in the final new moon aspect from Pisces when you are able tocease thinking about him as still part of your life, mentally let go of him and (t)his influence upon you, accept and and get on with the 'new situation' you find yourself in. The Moon's ruling house will also effect your 'new situation', as well as all that planetary energy presently transiting Scorpio, including Jupiter, your Sun's benefactor;).

May all good things soon come your way:).

F.

Last edited:

Howl

Thanks Frisiangal :cool:

I also find this site useful for new/full moons etc http://evolvingdoor.ca

I tend to look at the horoscopes according to my ascendant rather than my sign sign, as this (usually) provides an interpretation of new/full moons according to the house in which they fall in my natal chart.

Discover

Hi Frisiangal,
Thank you so much for the insights. It does all make sense.
My confusion around the eclipse was because the September eclipse conjuncted my natal pluto in virgo (24 degrees-in my fifth house) and my natal jupiter (1 degree libra in the 6th house)
I was under the impression that I needed to make adjustments and changes if I wanted to see this relationship transformed to a healthy one. Could you orient me to the significance of that eclipse in my chart?

Thank you!

Frisiangal

Discover said:
Hi Frisiangal,
My confusion around the eclipse was because the September eclipse conjuncted my natal pluto in virgo (24 degrees-in my fifth house) and my natal jupiter (1 degree libra in the 6th house).......................
Could you orient me to the significance of that eclipse in my chart?

Hi again,
I'm no expert on eclipses but, personally, I would not think that a lunar eclipse that is 5 degrees from a natal planet when reaching exactitude could be counted as an influential conjunction to it. It seems much too wide and even 3 degrees is considered such by the eclipse experts, although it was exact square to the Mercury-Neptune-progr. Desc. and prog. Asc..

What was more important at the time and has now moved out of orb after spending 4 months on 24* Sagittarius, is transiting Pluto square its natal position in your chart. If the transit took place from your 8th house to your 5th, I can imagine that it has been a very trying time for you to cut the dangling spider from its web and let it run free. Pluto annihilates that which has outserved its necessity and/or purpose in order that a new way of life can begin. If you look at your relationship with your ex-husband, was it one that had strong Pluto overtones that worked to your disadvantage?
I always think that the question "Why?" applies very much to Pluto and whenever it aspects through transit, the answer regarding the necessity of its destructive/regenerative side is provided once the transit IS over and a new way of life has been found that could never have occured under the existing conditions.

F.

Discover

My ascendant is at 26degrees 59' aries. So my first house is intercepted with Taurus. My progressed ascendant is already in my second house, but it is just leaving taurus and moving into gemini in my second house.
I'm going to try and attach my chart. I hope it works!

Discover

I guess it the chart didn't go through. I just looked up when my progressed acendant was on the second house cusp - 2002. That's around the time that we separated.

Discover

I guess it the chart didn't go through. I just looked up when my progressed acendant was on the second house cusp - 2002. That's around the time that we separated.

Lapis

This is Barbara Hand Clow's Nov. 06 New Moon report. Lots going on now and over the next couple of days, promising big changes.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]November New Moon: November 20, 2006 / View Chart[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"This New Moon in 28 Scorpio, exactly conjunct Jupiter, is a deep, scintillating, and meaningful moment in time. With the New Moon/Jupiter in the late degrees of Scorpio, fulfillment and completion of many significant Plutonic issues is possible. This beautiful combination comes after the "Scorpio Smash" of October 23/24-Venus/Sun/Mars in early Scorpio and Moon/Mercury/Jupiter in later Scorpio-that occurred right after the previous New Moon in Libra. Five planets were still in Scorpio during the American elections on November 7, which resulted in a major political shift, so there is great movement and change going on. The Sun/Moon/Jupiter in the last degrees of Scorpio during this New Moon signals a great transformation of deep feelings into joy, optimism, and truth. This is because (just like last month when the New Moon and Venus/Mars were in late Libra and shifted right into Scorpio) the Moon, Sun, and Jupiter will dump right into Sagittarius immediately after the New Moon-the Moon goes in a few hours after the New Moon, the Sun goes in on November 22, and then Jupiter in on November 23.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For those of you who are following Calleman's interpretation of the Mayan Calendar, we go into Day Five-the advanced unifying synthesis called the Breakthrough-on November 24, when there will be celebrations all over the world. With the movement of major planets into Sagittarius just before the Breakthrough, there is no doubt the celebrations will be expansive, truthful, and truly capable of helping us imagine the new world coming. Also, for those awaiting my next book, The Mayan Code: Time Acceleration and Awakening the World Mind (May 2007), the high level of synchronicity between the New Moon qualities with the nature of Breakthrough is significant support for Calleman's Calendar interpretation. As many of you know, I believe Calleman has discovered the meaning of the Calendar-time acceleration-yet, since I am an astrologer, I look for confirmation of his results from our solar system. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To comprehend the awesome joy that is so soon to come, you will be able to absorb this potent force better if you take a moment to think about what was happening in your life during the Scorpio Crunch on October 23/24. During those two days, you probably felt like you were deep in the sea and rising up too fast and fearing the "bends"-when our bodies cramp and spasm because the pounds of pressure per square inch are too much. Then right after that you may have found yourself sailing in an ethereal world, either in your dreams or right in the material world. I talked to a few people who had ascension experiences while they were around and about in ordinary reality. As for me, high realms of life came into my dreamtime that were unlike anything I've ever felt before. The point is, we were being shown what we are really capable of feeling in spite of the craziness of the world right now. We were being shown some new pathways of possibility when the most intense levels of Scorpionic pressure were annealing us into new alchemical beings. And, the outer events-the November elections-made it possible for many Americans to feel some hope in the future. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pluto in Sagittarius near the Galactic Center has been squaring the lunar nodes for months now and still is, and so the focus has been deep truth, raw honesty, transforming our character, and learning to be a visionary. These deep and ongoing levels of transformation have sculpted us into well-formed creatures, and now an astonishing shift is coming. So, let's examine the New Moon for how we might take advantage of such a great opportunity. With Jupiter in Scorpio conjunct the New Moon in the very last degrees, this New Moon encourages us to comprehend the true nature of the shadows lurking in all levels of power in the world as well as within our own inner nature. It is highly likely that there will be major exposures of evil in the world during this New Moon and up to the Full Moon in December. As a result of the November elections in the US, heads are starting to roll, such as the fall of Rumsfeld, and many world leaders are losing power such as Tony Blair and the puppet regime in Iraq. I have always loved Plutonic forces (Pluto rules Scorpio) because nobody ever manages to avoid making the changes Pluto demands, unless you just decide to avoid it all and croak. This is why Pluto transits often result in death on some level. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jupiter went into Scorpio on October 25, 2005, and it moves into Sagittarius on November 23, 2006; and during Jupiter's journey through Scorpio, there have been some very unusual aspects to this great planet that is almost large enough to be a sun. During December 2005 and January 2006, a series of grand squares formed with Jupiter in Scorpio opposite Mars in Taurus squaring Saturn in Leo opposite Neptune in Aquarius. As Jupiter continued its journey through Scorpio, we experienced more squares and oppositions between Jupiter, Neptune, and Saturn from August through October 2006, and now Jupiter and Saturn are finally moving out of these orbs. The last heavy influence from these energies (before this New Moon) was October 30 through November 1 when Mercury retrograde squared both Jupiter and Saturn, which encouraged us to pull through the last insights from experiencing Jupiter in Scorpio with all these major aspects to it during the year. I'm not going to decode all this because I already have done it many times during the last year, and you can look back to those analyses for the information if you printed those past editions of AstroFlash. No matter what, you are deeper now, you have gone through tremendous stress, and you are a lot more willing to see the shadow side of the world and recognize where it lives within you. Good for you, because now you are going to get a reward! You are about to experience Sagittarian truth after a year of Scorpionic angst. Jupiter is the force that causes us to expand our horizons, and Jupiter struggles and grinds when in Scorpio and flies in Sagittarius.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mercury and Mars are also in Scorpio with the New Moon and Jupiter, so during the New Moon we are mentally truthful yet tending to be intensely manipulative. Meanwhile, Jupiter conjunct the New Moon makes us philosophical and truthful, and we can hone our wills into better tools because Saturn in Leo squares New Moon/Jupiter. Also, we have to watch Venus because Venus and Mars have been traveling on each side of the Sun for a few months. Venus is still close to the Sun but has moved into early Sagittarius (November 17), and you may have felt on the 17th a grand new awareness about the larger scene as well as its shadow. If you felt this potent intuition, use that knowledge as a guide for the transitions of the other planets into Sagittarius during November 22/23, as well as for the Breakthrough. Ultimately, when it is all said and done, the guide for enlightenment will be feminine because Earth is a female planet. In this case, Venus is in a close sextile to Chiron in Aquarius, thus the healing is definitely feminine during this expansive shift.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pluto in Sagittarius moving closer to the Galactic Center (27 Sagittarius) still squares the nodes, so Pluto works through human karma. As we evolve into galactocentric humans, our guide is deep truth that comes from exposing the shadows. Since the North Node is in Pisces, spiritual truth is the path while the old orders fall away by means of Virgo cleansing of old wounds on the South Node. It is very auspicious that Saturn trines Pluto exactly, so the will power and structural forces for enduring karmic cleansing are in place this month. Our wills are strong with Saturn squaring Mars/Sun/Moon/Jupiter in Scorpio, which will assist us in transmuting karma during the New Moon. Yet, Neptune in Aquarius squares Mars in Scorpio (exact on Nov. 17 when Mercury went direct), suggesting that we may doubt our dream of a new age coming, but only momentarily.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Newly-direct Mercury in 10 Scorpio encourages us to fight hard to utilize newly-attained insights, especially after the November 7th elections. During these elections, five planets in Scorpio with Mercury retrograde created a reckoning for the Bushites; in spite of considerable computer fraud, they still lost a lot of power. The players on the game board are shifting positions, and the movement is opening doors and windows just in time. The movement of planets out of Scorpio into optimistic and truth-seeking Sagittarius is going to encourage exposure of the Bushite faults, and people will be impatient and unwilling to allow the same old agendas. The corruption in Washington is huge, and the American public is going to become extremely impatient as the Sagittarian energy builds and builds.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uranus in Pisces trines newly-direct Mercury in Scorpio (exact on Nov. 22), which can offer us rather astonishing insights about the spiritual world and our access to it. Previously Mercury trined Uranus on October 10, 2006, so this is a long-lasting influence. For example, there are miracles in the world that are worth noticing, and the deepest transformations of our times are coming from the fall of organized religion. The Sun goes into Sagittarius on November 22 after the Sun has joined with Jupiter on November 21, so be prepared for a tsunami of optimism and demands for real truth! Saturn in Leo squaring Mars/Sun/Moon during the New Moon will be a tempering effect on these waves, but people will tend to explode after a year of deep Scorpionic work. Jupiter moves into Sagittarius on November 23, where it will stay until December 18, 2007, and this aspect will expand optimistic feelings, especially as it comes to the Galactic Center in early December 2007. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For those working with Calleman's model, using astrology offers great potential during all of Day Five because of Jupiter in Sagittarius, its ruling sign. Jupiter in Sagittarius makes it easier to get high, feel great, and conclude the world is wonderful so we can just grock on reality, like many of us did during the 1960s. But, now the time has come to manifest the potential of the 1960s. It is time to grab a hold of every spiritual insight you have and create things in reality based on these insights. Carl Calleman just taught a wonderful workshop with me in Bellingham, Washington, which was a thrill for me because this was our first meeting. I'd like to clue you in on a few things that Carl and I and our respective partners shared in private. We discussed our dismay over how often students receive the current amazing spiritual teachings (previously only available to rare initiates for thousands of years), but they go home and do little with the cosmic pearls so generously offered. Well, now it is time for the students to manifest this wisdom by engaging in deep study, and the month to begin this process is this New Moon. So, have a lovely time basking in the joy, but please use all this knowledge to transform the world and your personal lives.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many other astrologers have commented on what a beautiful New Moon this is, including the feelings that will come as the planets move into Sagittarius this year. Yet, the key is using the potential we will have. Stephanie Austin ended her Scorpio New Moon analysis in The Mountain Astrologer by quoting Swami Vivekananda: "The wind of God's Grace is always blowing, but you need to raise your sail." "[/FONT]

http://www.handclow2012.com/astroflash.htm

Kite

Lapis - I guess this new moon drove me back to this community! No wonder with it's conjunction to my north node and with Jupiter now conjuncting my midheaven. Also that eclipse Frisiangal talked about was exact on my Jupiter.

Your post showing the connection with Calleman's work on the Mayan was also timely as I spent the last week in Cancun hoping to catch some 5th day rays. The beach was magnificent and I even experienced what I labeled as "paradise consciousness". All that jupiter energy bubbling away in my heart chakra!

The last time I posted here I was on my way to the pyramids near Mexico City. Teotihuacán was incredible. It was the full moon following the last eclipse. Each day our group moved through sections of the Toltec university built thousands of years ago where the stones were infused with energies that taught how to transform consciousness from the old to the new. The journey is described in Don Miguel Ruiz's book - Beyond Fear. Ruiz also wrote the Four Agreements.

Highlights of the experience were going though Woman's area where the inner female is healed. I was held over the womb of the wobm of the earth and had to surrender to the energies. Another highlight was walking to the butterfly room where the day before I had walked in accidently and just quietly turned around and went the correct way. This time when I entered, I felt like I was walking on air - that the ground had turned into rubber. I couldn't believe that felt like I was floating into the room where I felt an intense release of a blockage in my heart chakra.

Each area of the pyramid complex held it's own special set of energies. Tall beings were seen by clairvoyants assisting us in our work - I saw them in my dream state. These were Toltecs which I've also come to believe were around in Atlantean times at the height of the civilization.

Healings took place at the pyramid of the moon and a young mexican girl appeared and helped one of the woman through the process - she looked like an angel.

When I arrived, my back was in such bad shape I couldn't sit on the floor. 5 days later I had climbed to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun without problems. I did much of the healing work myself but used the energies available there to jumpstart the process. Chiron is still alive and kicking in my return as I turn 50 in two weeks.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel my body changing big time. My hands and feet especially are changing as if a rewiring is taking place that is changing my polarity. I was weird to begin with by being left handed to eat and write and right handed to throw and hit but now I feel a reversal taking place that makes me want to try to do these things opposite. I am also cracking my knuckles very frequently as I feel the bones changing form. My eyesight is changing as well, particularly my right eye is loosing focus for distance but gaining more focus for nearness - natural monovision.

As far as astrology goes, I've been on hiatus until today when a woman on the Tribe board was obviously going through a kundalini awakaning experience. I felt drawn to explain what was going on with her chart which had a lot Uranus/Chiron/Pluto/Saturn stuff happening and realized I can still do this stuff. I really thought much of what I had been doing was BS and ego driven.

Anyway, nice to check in.

Yes, I have noticed many physical changes...my eyesight is much clearer, colors are brighter, espiecally the sky.
I am beginning to look and feel younger, my aging process is slowing down, almost stopping....I never get sick, and my body feels lighter, more lithe, stronger...overall it is wonderful.
I have been noticing this for about 2 years now.:retrograde: !!
*floatin'*
Great read, Kite.

~creation lies in the lap of consciousness~

Last edited:

ashakamath

I think there must be some difference in charts that my software makes!! we work on Vedic charts I find that there is a difference of -23 degrees or around that from the western calculations.
will someone clarify

starlink

Thanks very much for the article Lapiz! As my Scorpio Ascendant is exactly on 28 degrees, I can't wait what's in store for me...! Let's hope Barbara Hand's Moon report turns out to be as joyful as she predicts!!

Frisiangal,
New Moon in Scorpio should be crossing my natal ascendant and through my first house. Transiting natal Jupiter and Neptune (both in 12th House). Any comments?

Frisiangal

Brooklyn Dave said:
Frisiangal,
New Moon in Scorpio should be crossing my natal ascendant and through my first house. Transiting natal Jupiter and Neptune (both in 12th House).
Any comments?

The New Moon was last week and the moon has long changed signs several times. If anything happened it's already history, so you tell us.:D

F.

Lapis

I've personally always enjoyed Barbara Hand Clow's books and other writings and her monthly "New Moon" reports are great IMO, as are her Equinox and Solstice reports. I'm very glad her last one helped some of you here.

Kite,

Wow you've been busy and doing your Chiron Return proud it sounds. I'm very happy that you've been able to do all that you have.

I know exactly what you are talking about - different rooms inside the different Temples designed for very specific purposes. I've never physically been to Maya Land but my past life memories of ancient Egypt were just the same as what you described. Specific rooms for highly specific events - learnings, healings, portals to other dimensions and so on.

The physical body 'stuff' has been monumental for me as well. There's lots of astrological reasons for this but we're covering multiply layers with these energetic transformational poundings! You know what I mean....Literally being "rewired" on many levels in many bodies.

Sounds like maybe its time again for some more discussions in those old forums we used to haunt here!

"I really thought much of what I had been doing was BS and ego driven."

Silly you! Never. :)

Kite

Hi Lapis - "Doing Chiron proud" hmmm, many times I felt like I "ain't to proud too beg".

Would love to continue dialog in the old stomping grounds. Feel a little more inspired to climb out of my cave with the 5th Day arriving and all this cool Sag stuff happening.

CU there.