which house significator??

AineB

Alrighty guys.. here's one for ya. The question being "should she have the baby?". A friend of mine, who also happens to be my brothers girlfriend, just found out she's pregnant but isn't sure if she wants to go through with the pregnancy or not; could be some serious medical problems if she does. Soooo do I look at the 5th (children) house from the 11th (friends) to see the conditions with the 11th house representing my friend? Or do I also look at 5th from 3rd since it's my bro?? I figured since I was asking from more her perspective, it would be the 11th. Or is there another way I should look at it?? Thanks!! :)

archergirl

I guess one of the problems with this question is, did she ask you to do a chart for her, or are you asking for your own knowledge? 'Third party' questions are notoriously difficult to read, because you, as the querent, can't really remove yourself from the equation. Also, what would you do with the answer, if it isn't a good one? These are the sorts of things we have to consider - are you worried for her, or is she worried for herself, etc. etc.

The other problem is which house to assign her to: is she the 9th (your sibling's girlfriend)? Is she a friend (11th?). Sometimes, it's good to think the thing through before casting a chart, especially when the significators are going to be a bit wonky. As I mentioned, asking about someone else (especially when you have very little 'say' over what they do and do not do) can be problematic.

Since you first and foremost consider her to be a friend, I'd look at the 11th and its condition. You are (I think) asking less about the baby and more about whether she will be harmed by the pregnancy, yes?

AG:)

AineB

Hey AG! How ya been? :)

It's more something I was just looking at out of concern rather than being asked. But yeah, I knew it would be tougher to tackle being the 3rd party. And yes it was more of concern for her rather than the baby itself. Mostly how post partum would end up being, which is part of a BIG concern. I'll take a look at it and see how it turns out and let everyone know how it goes!! Thanks for the suggestions!! :)