Which house for computer?

Spicadilly

Hi there, I want to buy a laptop before the VAT increase in 2 days but which house to assign, would it be 2nd for possession or 3rd for communication tool?

Thanks and happy new year everyone!!!

zoidsoft

Hi there, I want to buy a laptop before the VAT increase in 2 days but which house to assign, would it be 2nd for possession or 3rd for communication tool?

Thanks and happy new year everyone!!!

The 2nd is for all material movable possessions, but I'd look at where Mercury and Uranus are as well.

Spicadilly

Thanks zoidsoft, Mercury actally rules the 2nd here and is posited at the end of 4th with Moon applying a cj to it, Pof also in the 2nd not aspecting anything. Looks like a yes I should get that specific laptop at a really good price I hope that is why Mercury is in detriment and not because the laptop is not good...:unsure:

zoidsoft

Thanks zoidsoft, Mercury actally rules the 2nd here and is posited at the end of 4th with Moon applying a cj to it, Pof also in the 2nd not aspecting anything. Looks like a yes I should get that specific laptop at a really good price I hope that is why Mercury is in detriment and not because the laptop is not good...:unsure:

For the quality of what you are buying, look to the domicile or exaltation lord of the 2nd and aspects to this lord. The exaltation lord is preferred if the domicile lord does not have a Ptolemaic aspect to the second. The other thing you might want to look at is the part of fortune and it's lord and look to the 11th sign from fortune and see if these are ruled by malefics or fortunate.

Spicadilly

Am a bit confused by what you wrote as I have already said Mercury Sag is in detriment so does the Pof also ruled by Mercury instead is still a good indicator of a good laptop according to you?

Spicadilly

Here is the chart to make it easier.

I see you are from the x files site, one of my favourite transit reference guide!

Attachments

• astro_2at_1055_should_i_get_the_toshiba_hr_71555_6113.jpg
    astro_2at_1055_should_i_get_the_toshiba_hr_71555_6113.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

zoidsoft

Here is the chart to make it easier.

I see you are from the x files site, one of my favourite transit reference guide!

Thanks...

Valens would place fortune in Cancer because the Moon is below the horizon (says only to use nocturnal algorithm for fortune if the Moon is above the horizon, otherwise use the diurnal algorithm) so this is a bit ambiguous, but Mercury is in Sag ruled by Jupiter conjunct Uranus. A waning Moon is a buyers Moon and is generally better for discounts.

If Fortune is in Virgo then Cancer is the 11th (the acquisitive place) but if fortune is in Cancer, the 11th is Taurus. In either case the Moon has significant control over the acquisition and it is in a sign ruled by Jupiter while applying to a conjunction of Mercury. You should be OK. Jupiter in good shape in Pisces, provided you don't lose/damage it (8th house) which I wouldn't want to take from the 8th alone. Mercury is direct now and the Moon and Mercury are received by Jupiter.

tikana

Hang on guys/gals

If you are buying a computer from a person/store, it is 1/2 and 7/8
"should i buy this computer from this person?
1/2 - you and your money
7/8 - the seller and the property/computer

cheers
T

zoidsoft

Hang on guys/gals

If you are buying a computer from a person/store, it is 1/2 and 7/8
"should i buy this computer from this person?
1/2 - you and your money
7/8 - the seller and the property/computer

cheers
T

This works best in a 1:1 relationship where buyer and seller are of equal power and stature negotiating a sale (possibly haggling over price). I was thinking that Jupiter in Pisces might indicate a good quality of product (what the seller has and it's worth). However, in a situation where you are buying from a corporation's pooled resources in an impersonal manner where the corporation has greater power than the buyer, it might be better to look at the 11th (as 2nd from the 10th, or the acquisitive place according to Valens). Rob Hand once explained it like this: the 2nd is what one has, the 5th is your expenditures or investments, the 8th is your partner's finances and the 11th is your partner's investments.

tikana

you are making it too complicated It is 1/2 and 7/8 add moon question.
YEAh they had corporations back then it was called CHURCH. Why do you think we have CHURCH Vs GOVT neverending battles.
http://books.google.com/books?id=0E...&resnum=4&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false
here is the proof. "The medieval church was a very large international organization." Sounds like every PC building corporation in the world.

Think of this way... SHE IS GIVING them money to get equal product to what the item costs. She is not making a profit from her job (that would be 11th house... 2nd from 10th). If she was to buy a computer from Bill Gates, he would NOT be her 10th..he would be her 7th because they are exchanges services vs money. She is not obligated to buy a computer from a specific corporation.

Church was LENDING ppl money and selling commoners stuff. like grain if the harvest didnt produce much of grain.
Sounds exactly like buying a computer from dell (lets say on credit)

T

Last edited: