tr Mars conj natal Saturn = disappointment?

Lunar Pisces

I have Saturn at 29 Tau conj Venus at 4 Gem in the 9th house. Transiting Mars has been hanging around over there for a few days, and currently in conj my Venus. But during the past two weeks when it was more on the Saturn side of that natal pair, I was having serious disappointments in other people, which seemed to get worse and more intense as tr Mars more closer to my Sat. Really big let-downs too. People I thought had better character and could be trusted, but have since proven me otherwise. Has anyone ever come across something liek this, where a transiting conj between Mars and Saturn could cause such deep disappointment?

The latest let-down, which happened yesteday morning, has left me so disgusted, both with that person and with myself for being duped, really has gotten to me. It ate me up all yesterday and I had trouble sleeping. This morning I went for a walk to try to burn off some of this anxiety, and I ended up walking for over 2 hours straight, not realizing how long I had been gone. I know that tr ars conj natal Venus can cause a lot of physical and creative frustration if not channeled, so this seems to be making this worse. What's more is in synastry I have my Venus conj his Mars as well, so I've always had this weird, sexually-tinged ambivalence about him. It just makes this all the more intense and confusing, and I'm feeling unusually vulnerable and threatened by this right now. :roll:

I have a few more days before tr Mars is out of orb with my Venus-Sat conj. I can't wait. I'm really sick of this.

Natasha

Mars is probably triggring another more outer transit in your chart as its quite a strong reaction for Mars.
Still you have a Saturn Venus which can be a life issue about discovering our self worth within ourselves rather than it being reflected back to us via others.

Frisiangal

Hi Lunar Pisces,
Transiting mars is going to directly hit that conjunction every 18 months or so, with regular pulls one way or the other approx. every 3 months.So the sooner you learn the lessons Saturn is trying to teach you in matters of love and how you relate to and with other people, the better it is going to be for you. All Saturn (your own self discipline in dealing with real situations) is asking is that you learn to look before you leap. Check the layout of the ground you are about to tread. Is it safe, stable, steady and reliable? Do you know where it's leading? Are there any rocks and boulders you should be aware of? Give yourself time before your Venus rushes into things without looking out for the consequences. Think of Saturn as the reins that are there to keep you safe and not to hold you back. When you make it your friend, it'll be one for life.

Lunar Pisces

Sorry but honestly, what you're both saying can apply to my life in general for the past five years. There has definitely been something very out of the ordinary as tr Mars crossed over my Saturn. Transits over my Saturn can be kind of harsh, even supposedly lightweight ones like the moon or Mercury.

My Saturn is part fo a multiple oppisition. It's conj Venus in teh 9th and opposed my Jup/Nep conj in the 3rd. However, I noticed that it's specifically transiting conjunctions with my Saturn that have the hardest effects. Saturn has a particular influnece in my chart that gets rather heavy-handed at times, and no amount of "let Saturn be your teacher" pep talk make it any easier to deal with. If you have a multiple opposition, you know they can be seriously no fun, but especially if Saturn's a part of it. Add to this that Saturn in the dispositor over my Sun and chart ruler, Mercury, by house, as those two planets are in my 10th. And let's not even get into the whole 29th degree issue.

But let's deal with one thing at a time. I'll ask again, has anyone ever come across anything linking a Mars/Saturn conjunction to disappointments i life or relationships? Even in synastry. Anything. I pesonally don't recall this be attributed to this conj, but it seems the overriding theme of this most recent transit for me.

wilsontc

Staff member
T Mars to Saturn-Venus

Lunar,

You said:
I have Saturn...conj Venus...in the 9th house...There has definitely been something very out of the ordinary as tr Mars crossed over my Saturn...I'll ask again, has anyone ever come across anything linking a Mars/Saturn conjunction to disappointments i life or relationships?...I pesonally don't recall this be attributed to this conj, but it seems the overriding theme of this most recent transit for me.

You are saying you have:
Birth Saturn (duty, also restriction, structure) conjunct (energy is combined with) Venus (relationships) focused in the 9th house (expansion). This indicates you feel restricted about relationships and have a need to structure your relationships, although you are trying to be "expansive". Then at certain times transits come along and trigger this Saturn-Venus conjunction causing an awareness of relationship issues. The situation you are focusing on is transiting (planets in the sky) Mars (being, also action) conjuncting your Saturn-Venus conjunction, and you feel you were restricted or "let down" in what people did at the time of your Mars transit.

It seems to me the relationship challenge has very little to do with Mars and Saturn together, and MUCH more to do with Saturn and Venus together. You are feeling disappointed (restricted) somehow in your relationships. Periodically transits come along that "push in your face" the relationship challenges. The most challenging transit is Mars, since Mars wants your to take action and makes things VERY personal. But, even when the transits are over, there is still the unresolved Saturn-Venus conjunction waiting to "jump out" at the next transit.

The challenge is to structure your relationships so they fit in with what you think is "right" in a relationship. This may mean "trying on" different relationships until you get one that "fits right". The biggest challenge with THIS is you want to be "expansive" in relationships, but Saturn keeps holding you back. Perhaps think of "expansiveness" as the overall result, with Saturn helping you make sure "expansiveness" doesn't become "overdoing" in relationships. Make friends with your Saturn and it will be friends with you! ;)

Generally applying things in life,

Tim

Frisiangal

[My Saturn is part fo a multiple oppisition. It's conj Venus in teh 9th and opposed my Jup/Nep conj in the 3rd..........
........But let's deal with one thing at a time. I'll ask again, has anyone ever come across anything linking a Mars/Saturn conjunction to disappointments i life or relationships?]

Mars or Saturn don't. That's taking responsibility for one's actions.
Know what does? NEPTUNE. At the other end of your opposition, it can 'cloud' reality, inclines to place people on pedastals and 'dreams' of how perfect a situation can be, perceive situations in a manner other than how they really are. Jupiter will gladly enlarge and over-compensate in that area. When Saturn brings a touch of warning and cautiousness that goes unheeded; yes....there will disappointments. But it isn't Saturn doing it. Saturn brings the reality, Neptune releases one from it. Everyone would go mad if they couldn't lose themselves in their dreams once in a while, as long as they are aware that this is what they are. If your name is also an indication of a planetary placing, it adds to your very sensitive side that easily places so much faith in people. Just remember that there are sharks as well as goldfish out there. Saturn in Taurus is a good stabiliser. At best it can turn the dreams that it sees as worth something into a physical reality.

Didn't mean to come across as a teacher. It must have something to do with age :|

F.