Which place for Solar Return shall I choose? Please give advice.

starlink

Dear all, This year I will spend my vacation abroad, in Mauritius (5th of May). I draw two Solar Return charts, one for Mauritius, one for the place I live in here in Switzerland. Mauritius gives 10° Aries as Ascendant, Switzerland gives 25° Capricorn. My place of birth is in Indonesia, so similar latitude as Mauritius. Maybe I should take my place of birth for once?:confused: I hope someone can give me advice on this. I usually use the place I am at that moment. Last year was Lissabon, but lattitude/longitude there is not so different from where I live here, so both Solar charts were similar. This time I really dont know which to choose. Thanks for your ideas on this.:)

astro.teacher

This depends on what area of your life you want to focus on. I would use Jupiter since Jupiter is well dignified in his House (only happens twice every 12 years or once every 6th) so if you want to buy a house this year, find a place where Jupiter is in the 4th & etc. Makes planning life easy ;)

fensi88

starlink said:
I usually use the place I am at that moment. Last year was Lissabon, but lattitude/longitude there is not so different from where I live here, so both Solar charts were similar. This time I really dont know which to choose. Thanks for your ideas on this.:)

For Solar return you should choose place where you will be most of time in that year.

starlink

Well Belgium Moon and Goca, now WHÁT:confused: Aiaiai, I must make a choice or just look at both and see which one worked out at the end of the year!

Astro Teacher,I obviously want to focus on the place I live in and the things I do there, but what do you mean by "using Jupiter?" In both charts Jupiter is in Saggitarius, in the Swiss chart inthe 11th and in the Mauritius chart in the 9th. I am not planning to move anywhere.

I will be on vacation abroad, so the charts should show that too (I think). The Swiss chart shows the Sun in the 3rd conjunct Merc., ruler of the 9th, but oh oh, Mercury squares Saturn in the 7th:eek: . Now, in the Mauritius chart I find Jupiter , ruler 9 conjunct the Moon, ruler 4, SEXTILE Saturn in the 5th.(pleasure!) That looks like vacation to me, so I will probably take the chart where I was on my birthday.

All three of you, thanks for trying to clarify this for me. I will still have a look at the Solar chart based on my birthplace, see what that one shows.:)

Last edited:

starlink

To make things even more complicated, the Solar Chart, using my birthplace came to an Ascendant of 2° Gemini! (lots of astrologers still use the birthplace). I really hope this chart is not the one because it has Saturn in the 3rd, square Mercury conjunct Sun in the 12th!!! I dont really feel like going into a clinic for mental disorders, LOL!! In all charts I have a Venus-Mars square (natal chart Venus-Mars conjunction) and in the Mauritius chart Mars is ruler of the 8th and the 1st and Venus of the 7th! So I can expect some relationship sparks flying...... I dont really like Solar Returns, you never know if what you see means that it is thoughts you are engaged with during that year,or that certain things really happen. I had this woman who desperately wanted a job. Her Solar return showed a packed 6th house, so naturally, we both thought she would get work. NO way, the year past and nothing. The chart just showed what was utmost on her mind that year.

fensi88

To make things even more complicated, the Solar Chart, using my birthplace

This is wrong in your case.

Go to this site:
http://www.karmastrology.com/ast_srtn.shtml

There you can read:

"Another twist to the Solar Return Chart is that it is calculated for the location a person is at the time of the Solar Return itself, not for the location of birth. In our example above the lady born on June 10th in Los Angeles may be living in Paris, France, at the time of her 35th birthday. So we do the Solar Return for Paris, France, not Los Angeles, when she turns 35."

starlink

Thanks for your help on this Goca and AMoon. I actually never use the Birthplace, I was just curious what it would show. I have chosen now the chart where I will be on that Solar Return Day,(like I did last year when I was in Lisbon) and that is in Mauritius (even if it is for 2 weeks!). I will compare the results with both this chart and the one for the location I have lived and will live in for the next 5 years at least. And yes, thanks for the link as well AM! It really clarifies all three possibilities, excellent!

Last edited:

AquariusMoon

Fensi and Starlink, you're welcome :)

If you can go on a trip on your birthday, that alone is probably a good sign for how the year is going to go!

Atria

Hi Starlink, me and my family have been relocalizating returns for the past ten years, with good results, and my teacher since 1989 , he had a lot of experiences and we verify that the things indicated by the stars at the place we stay at the moment of return are the things that happens to you trough the year. If you go to Mauritius your mars and uranus are at twelve house ( not a good house for two malefics) ruling your ascendent and the VIII house, thats not so good. And at Switzerland , at what city in Switzerland? , mars- urano are at the second house, better than twelve, but not for money , and is making an opposition to your VIII house, and mercury ruling VIII is not a malefic but receives two square aspects from other planets, I saw that at Greece ,at Rhode island, I am still studying it, you put sagitario and Jupiter at X house, ruling the ascendent in Pisces, and Libra at the VIII house, I am going to see another places, and we also have to look at the solar return converse discovered by Alexander Marr, that it works too, but our teacher said to us that the the time of birth has too be rectified, he discover a way to rectify with his multiple keys, to be sure than any cuspid falls or make a conjuction with a malefic star like algol, or a 29 degree.The other houses to look after is V and the VII ?
My son birthday is at 25 april ,he has the same conjuction mars -urano, he is thinking to travel to Australia , to put that conjunction at eleven house, we live at argentine, so its a long trip. Best Atria

AquariusMoon

This article is from Cafe Astrology and has been posted before but bears repeating. It emphasizes that it's important to set the tone for the solar return, the feelings that you have on that day. So if you're alone on your birthday, treat yourself especially good and do something extra special for yourself :D

The Importance of the Solar Return Moment "Being There on Time"
By Ray Merriman

The exact time of one's solar return is a sacred annual event for each individual. It happens at only one specific moment each year. It is at that moment - and only that moment - in which the Earth/Sun relationship is exactly the same as when you were born. Such a moment constitutes an "event", and was with all events, this one too is the basis for a horoscope of import.

However the importance of this horoscope is unique only to the individual to whom it applies. The quality of that "moment" (i.e. the time of one's solar return" becomes the "seed" of effect for the one-year cycle. A "moment" of such importance favors a certain mind-set of the individual as it occurs. This is especially true if one accepts the premise that thought creates (or influences) reality. If every moment of time has its own unique quality, then one would want the "quality" of the solar retrun "moment" to be special in a favorable way, especially since it becomes the horsocope for the year in that person's life.

Given this premise, the individual is encouraged to enter the solar return moment with a sense of reverence. The individual is encouraged to put some thought and effort into assuring that his moment is somehow empowered, infused, with an energy or thoughts consistent with what that individual would want to experience in the coming year.

What should one do at this moment? That of course is up to each individual (you). Obviously it would not be a favorable omen if you engaged in an argument, or sat home brooding, or went to work in an atmosphere of frustration or boredom. Such experiences at the time of your solar return would likely set the foundation for your mind-set for the entire year- and it would be negative.

The following ideas are intended only as suggestions. They take into account the premise that your solar return is the most personally sacred of all days of the year for you. Therefore, going into the moment of a solar reutrn, you are advised to plan something special, something ideally that would "empower" that moment for you. A ritual of some sort might be a good idea.

For instance, you might take into account your location to be at that moment. Choose some place special, some place in which you are comfortable, happy and in harmony with. Perhaps it is near a lake, ocean, river or mountain. Perhaps it is on a beach or in a forest. Or perhaps it is in a favorite room.

Set the "stage". Perhaps you wish to have a candle burning, and/or music playing. Perhaps the direction you are facing (North, East, West or South - facing the Sun or the Moon) has special meaning to you. Perhaps there are artifacts (i.e. pets, jewelrey, stones) that have personal meaning, and you wish to display them in your "circle." Perhaps there is a special person whom you have decided to share this moment with.

The setting (if effected) should be completely set at least ten minutes prior to the solar return moment. As you enter the 10-minute time band leading into the solar return moment, you may consider beginning a meditation. How one meditates is completely individualistic. Perhaps you prefer to just enter a very relaxed state. Perhaps you like to chant. Perhaps you use visualization or affirmation exercises. If the latter, then after achieving a state of relaxation, you might visualize the areas of interest coming up in the next year. In this visualization exercise, you might try to see yourself happy and successful in each situation.

This meditation should last into - and slightly beyond - the solar return moment. Once the moment has passed and the mediatation is complete, you are encouraged to give thanks. This may be done in a prayer, or whatever form is sacred to you. In this way, you bring a gentle closure to the sacred moment which has just passed, a moment which has now become the foundation for the one-year cycle about to begin.

You cannot be late for this moment. Otherwise, you might be symbolically late throughout the entire year. Do not take this moment in time lightly. Otherwise, all of your affairs may be symbolically taken lightly all year. The solar return is best viewed in the spirit of a pilgrimage, or a mission. It is the most important "holiday" of the year to you. It is the one time during the year that you are "connected" to the Infinite through the special relationship of the Earth and Sun. It is a moment which you are potentially in tune with your destiny, which is signified by the Earth/Sun relationship. The Sun is what you are becoming (the future, your growth potential). The Earth is where you have incarnated (present, your being). Give it the reverence it is due.

Last edited:

yelena234

Hello Starlink,

I do for myself Solar Return, since 2000. First of all, you can't be somewhere two days, and make Solar for there. Thinking, aha, now I will be happy. Solar is not like that. In that case, everybody would go there, where is his Solar nice, and then come back (where is no more nice).
As Goca says, you have to live most of the year in that place.

I have experiences for one year, when in that Solar year, I was in four different places. Believe me, no place was right. I have done Solar Chart for all four places, and have seen after, each Solar was different from my life in that year.
Solar is not for somebody, who is moving around.

Yelena