Job Interview During Void of Course Moon

Osamenor

Staff member
Anyone have any thoughts on interviewing for a job during void of course moon?

I know the prevailing wisdom is that VOC moon is not the time when your efforts stick or what you have to say sticks, and that you should stick to just doing routine things until it passes. But, I'm in a hiring process for a job, which is likely to move quickly and I really need the income at this point... and I have an interview scheduled Monday. When the manager asked if I could come Monday, I said yes, but then checked my astrological calendar and realized that in my time zone, the moon will be VOC throughout Monday's business hours. Since it's bad form to back out, I scheduled it anyway, but now I'm wondering what the effect is likely to be.

For all I know, I might've interviewed during void of course moon before, for jobs that I ended up getting. This is only the second job interview I've had since I became aware of void of course moons. The first time, I deliberately chose an interview time when the moon would not be VOC.... and after the interview, they completely ghosted me. So, obviously, avoiding void of course moon doesn't make you get the job.

For this one, I've already had a phone interview, which did not happen during VOC moon. The general hiring manager, who did the phone interview, told me I was a great candidate and they really needed someone with my skills. The location manager, who will do the next and final interview, also sounded enthusiastic when he called me to schedule, but of course plenty of managers do during interviews, and it doesn't always mean anything.

I'm not interviewing for my dream job, but it is one that I won't mine doing and would provide a steady income while leaving room for my other pursuits, which is what I really need right now. From what I know of the company, they seem like a good workplace. I'm wondering what, if anything, interviewing during VOC moon will do.

katydid

My husband is a self employed contractor. So he had a lot of job interviews and I couldn't really control the timing to get good charts for the event.

One thing I noticed was that he often had successful interviews and got jobs under a VOC Moon. One astrologer that I really respect told me that in her experience, a VOC Moon can mean that there is no outside influence mucking things up for us. It can be a' freeing up' type of experience. Of course, there is no outside Moon trine Jupiter helping one along either.

IT is a nice way to look at it though when having something important to do under a VOC Moon. There is no negative influence so it is up to you to create the positive forces and you can do so without hindrance. :smile:

Moondancing

Premium Member
How does the chart look for your telephone interview? I've always been one to try and capture the first interaction. The next chart I would do is when I start the job.

Moon Dance

Osamenor

Staff member
How does the chart look for your telephone interview? I've always been one to try and capture the first interaction. The next chart I would do is when I start the job.

Moon Dance

Let's see... the chart ruler is probably the moon or possibly the sun. At the time it was scheduled for, the AC was in the last couple degrees of Cancer, but it might have actually started a few minutes later, I don't remember for sure. I don't think it was more than five minutes late, so that would still be a Cancer ascendant... barely.

Moon in Leo in H1, applying trine to Jupiter and sextile to Sun (the sextile would be the first of those aspects to complete). Sun in Gemini, H11, applying opposition to Jupiter (not sure that's relevant if the sun isn't the chart ruler). MC in Aries, though, and Mars is in Cancer in H12, applying opposition to Saturn. No aspect between Mars and Moon.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
Is the job possibly signified by 6th house Jupiter? Besides that, does the job look promising to you from this chart?

Void of Course Moon has always proven accurate in my experience.

Osamenor

Staff member
Is the job possibly signified by 6th house Jupiter?
Jupiter is in the fifth, actually, but rules the sixth.

I think of this as a sixth house job, because I don't plan to do it as a career, just for income while I'm getting my real career together. Not only that, it happens to be a pet supply business--sixth house again!

Besides that, does the job look promising to you from this chart?
I don't know how you'd read it in an event chart, but if this were a horary, I would be Moon and job, if we go with sixth house, would be Jupiter. The applying trine makes it look promising. Perhaps we could read the non-ideal tenth house indicators as an indication that this isn't my real career. Or is that too optimistic?

Void of Course Moon has always proven accurate in my experience.
Meaning what?

I like katydid's observation, above, that her husband had a lot of luck landing jobs during VOC moon. Since I can't change the fact that I'm interviewing during a VOC moon, I might as well use it to my advantage.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Osamenor, event chart or horary you would read the movement of the Moon. I believe the Moon will sextile the Sun before it trines Jupiter. This is very fortunate because Sun is your ruler and ruler of 2nd house in 11th house. That could show a better opportunity to make money revealing itself or someone you value in your network of friends giving you second thoughts about the job, or someone else gets the job. My understanding of event charts is Moon would carry the energy of the Sun to your next aspect Jupiter and you easily get the job. Whereas in horary the sun is a prohibition. I'm not sure.

Many times I've read the saying "no aspects, no action". That has proven to be true with the Moon in charts I've drawn. But yeah, I like the idea of void of competition. :)

Will be very interested to learn the results of your interview.

Good Luck!

Moon Dance

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor, event chart or horary you would read the movement of the Moon. I believe the Moon will sextile the Sun before it trines Jupiter. This is very fortunate because Sun is your ruler and ruler of 2nd house in 11th house. That could show a better opportunity to make money revealing itself or someone you value in your network of friends giving you second thoughts about the job, or someone else gets the job.
They're looking to hire multiple people for the same role. I and someone else could both get the job. Void of competition may very well be the case here.

Of course, second thoughts are always possible. That's part of what an interview is for: to see if you really want the job, not just if they want you.

Better opportunities to make money are always welcome. Even if I get this job, I'm best off if it's not my only source of income. It would just be my steadiest source of income for the time being. If I don't get it, I'll keep looking for something along those same lines.

My understanding of event charts is Moon would carry the energy of the Sun to your next aspect Jupiter and you easily get the job. Whereas in horary the sun is a prohibition. I'm not sure.

Many times I've read the saying "no aspects, no action". That has proven to be true with the Moon in charts I've drawn. But yeah, I like the idea of void of competition. :)
I also understand that Moon or chart ruler (the moon is the actual chart ruler for the phone interview) angular is good, and Sun in the eleventh is also good, in event charts. And they both have applying aspects to Jupiter. Moon also has an out of sign sextile with Venus (by sign, they're square). Both benefics are domiciled. I believe those are all desirables in event charts? The interview happened in the daytime, so Jupiter would be the benefic of sect. It's also my benefic of sect, because I have a day natal chart.

For the in person interview, assuming it happens at the scheduled time, Mercury rules the AC and MC and is near the MC; Sun is also near the MC, and its opposition to Jupiter is more exact, but still applying.

Osamenor

Staff member
How did the interview go?

Fine. But I still don't know if I'm getting the job. It ended with the manager saying, "sounds good, I'm doing some other interviews, and I expect to make a decision late this week."

I think I'm a good candidate, but of course I don't know how many other good candidates they have, and I don't know how many positions they really have available. So, we'll see. Nothing came up to make me not want the job, so if they offer it to me, I'll take it, unless something amazingly better comes along first.

mlala

Hi Osa,

I ran into this because I have the same thing coming up for me. A really important interview at 29o Cancer (Venus is at 2 Aries, so similar aspects you had- Square by sign but entering an aspect).

Do you mind my asking: how did it finally go with you (if you still remember, that is ;))? Many thanks!