How Saturn Returns affect Saturnian/Capricorn People

Sagcap88

I’m in the midst of my first Saturn Return. I have a noon in Capricorn and Saturn conjuncting and aspecting lots of stuff.

I’m actually finding my Saturn Return a pleasant push to get rid of things and habits and ideas that didn’t work for me. I’m actually starting to feel happy by letting go of these things.

So, what I’m wondering is if Saturn return affects heavily Saturnian people in a more pleasant way than others, since were already used to it?

Hello again! As someone with Moon in Capricorn, I figured I’d give my input, because I actually just went through my Saturn Return last year from late December 2016 through September 2017. Weirdly enough, my Saturn Returm completely lined up with the entirety of my pregnancy and birth of my child (my only one). Actually, my Saturn return ended shortly after he was born (according to a few websites).

I wouldn’t say my Saturn Return was terrible, but it was an extremely challenging time, probably also compounded by being pregnant. As I’m sure you know, challenging isn’t always bad though. In retrospect, I learned a lot and evolved a lot. Once the Return ended, I actually felt like I had experienced a rebirth of sorts.

katydid

My Moon is in Capricorn in the 8th. My Saturn is exalted in Libra, in my 6th. It has no really difficult aspects. It does square Uranus in Cancer, but that is more of a generational aspect, from the Hippie Days I grew up in. ' Tune in and Drop out' said Tim Leary...:sideways:

My first Saturn Return was one of the best times of my life. I met my husband, whom I am still married to, 35 years later, during our Saturn returns.
Saturn went retrograde and when it made it's final pass, we had our wedding day.

I was a bit worried about having a wedding during my Saturn return, but it was in Libra, and we both had it at same time, and Neptune is conjunct the Saturn in Libra, which softens it tremendously...:love: We fell in love quickly and have had a pretty good run.

During our second saturn return, we were massively downsizing by selling our 4 bedroom home, which we raised our family in, and move into a nice little cottage with a nice rose garden. We cut our mortgage in half, as we both went into retirement.

Both of my Saturn returns were good periods of time, although somewhat stressful and full of hard work. It took a lot to plan the wedding, with both families being on opposite coasts, and it took a lot of work to sell our home and move to a smaller property, without losing our minds. :alien:

Last edited:

Sagcap88

Hello again! As someone with Moon in Capricorn, I figured I’d give my input, because I actually just went through my Saturn Return last year from late December 2016 through September 2017. Weirdly enough, my Saturn Returm completely lined up with the entirety of my pregnancy and birth of my child (my only one). Actually, my Saturn return ended shortly after he was born (according to a few websites).

I wouldn’t say my Saturn Return was terrible, but it was an extremely challenging time, probably also compounded by being pregnant. As I’m sure you know, challenging isn’t always bad though. In retrospect, I learned a lot and evolved a lot. Once the Return ended, I actually felt like I had experienced a rebirth of sorts.

Nice! Thanks. And congratulations on the baby! :)

Sagcap88

My Moon is in Capricorn in the 8th. My Saturn is exalted in Libra, in my 6th. It has no really difficult aspects. It does square Uranus in Cancer, but that is more of a generational aspect, from the Hippie Days I grew up in. ' Tune in and Drop out' said Tim Leary...:sideways:

My first Saturn Return was one of the best times of my life. I met my husband, whom I am still married to, 35 years later, during our Saturn returns.
Saturn went retrograde and when it made it's final pass, we had our wedding day.

I was a bit worried about having a wedding during my Saturn return, but it was in Libra, and we both had it at same time, and Neptune is conjunct the Saturn in Libra, which softens it tremendously...:love: We fell in love quickly and have had a pretty good run.

During our second saturn return, we were massively downsizing by selling our 4 bedroom home, which we raised our family in, and move into a nice little cottage with a nice rose garden. We cut our mortgage in half, as we both went into retirement.

Both of my Saturn returns were good periods of time, although somewhat stressful and full of hard work. It took a lot to plan the wedding, with both families being on opposite coasts, and it took a lot of work to sell our home and move to a smaller property, without losing our minds. :alien:

Thanks! That doesn’t sound too bad. :)

Lin

Actually the Saturn return IS about paring down one's life. HOW this affects one on a day to day basis during the Saturn return has to do with the aspects natal Saturn makes in the chart. Then transit Saturn comes along and focuses on them.

The question Saturn asks is this: "Is this the way you want to live for the rest of your life? If not, now is the time to make the adjustments." Usually this means the person has to actually think about his/her life and examine its contents and decide what will be brought "into the future" and what must be left behind.

Many people make big changes in their lives between the ages of 28 and 30. In the past, when people married younger, often this was a time of divorce or reevaluating the marriage. OR...having children.

Sometimes people change their entire careers or future during this time. They can't "live this way for the rest of my life."

I think that makes sense.
LIN

Sagcap88

Actually the Saturn return IS about paring down one's life. HOW this affects one on a day to day basis during the Saturn return has to do with the aspects natal Saturn makes in the chart. Then transit Saturn comes along and focuses on them.

The question Saturn asks is this: "Is this the way you want to live for the rest of your life? If not, now is the time to make the adjustments." Usually this means the person has to actually think about his/her life and examine its contents and decide what will be brought "into the future" and what must be left behind.

Many people make big changes in their lives between the ages of 28 and 30. In the past, when people married younger, often this was a time of divorce or reevaluating the marriage. OR...having children.

Sometimes people change their entire careers or future during this time. They can't "live this way for the rest of my life."

I think that makes sense.
LIN

That really resonated with me. I definitely am getting rid of what doesn’t work/isn’t really who I am and embracing who I truly am.

I guess a Saturn Return isn’t so bad if you’re aware of astrology and accept that life is about uncomfortable growth and change. We don’t come here to be “good”; we come here to be “better”. Most people hate change though.

InGemUlist

I remember my 1st SR very well. I was 29 1/2 years old and it hit me like a ton of bricks at around Christmas & New Years. I didn't know what it was, until later.

I felt an incredible dissatisfaction with my life, all of a sudden. So, what I did not long after was go back to school. That turned out to be the busiest and most fun time of my life. But in order to be able to use my brain I had to change my lifestyle, and quit drinking/smoking. Doing all of that at the same time was a YUGE challenge, but I did it.

At the time, I remembered Stevie Nicks saying when she first knew she had a drug problem, she couldn't quit at that time because she had a long tour coming up. I thought when I first read it that it was just an excuse to keep drugging. But, EVERYTHING changes, and you have to relearn how to do everything: from homework to sex.

But, if you don't have to do THAT much, I'd imagine it's a much easier transit to live through. How is it going so far? Have you made any life changes, or are you having a good time? Or both?!

I came here for info on the 2nd Saturn return. That'll happen next year. I became vegetarian a few months ago, and that's been a really good pre-SR life change in a couple of ways so far. Bye.