Am I always going to be this mentally stubborn and inflexible?

dandelionnn

I can't even learn because my mind is too lazy to and this exactly describes my mercury square saturn.
What do I do? I need a good push or motivation to do anything right now I am so stuck that I can't move forward for anything even though I would love to. How do I break free from myself? I'm not even getting anywhere in life right now.
It's like, I want to do sooooo many things but I can't because I'm preventing myself.

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Frisiangal

I can't even learn because my mind is too lazy to and this exactly describes my mercury square saturn.
What do I do? I need a good push or motivation to do anything right now I am so stuck that I can't move forward for anything even though I would love to. How do I break free from myself? I'm not even getting anywhere in life right now.
It's like, I want to do sooooo many things but I can't because I'm preventing myself.

Just want to say that you are under a misapprehension in placing any blame on a non-existent square. Orbs between planets are 8 degrees maximum. Mercury-Saturn is over 9 degrees, which is really s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g it. IF it could be counted as an aspect, you would probably find that Saturn would be the taskmaster in you that Mercury comes up against 'to buckle under' and learn.

Mercury is in a difficult aspect with a sensitive and needy Pisces Moon, which might account for some laxity. On the other hand it is on the midpoint of the Chiron BQ Uranus conjunct Neptune, which could suggest interests of an alternative, therapeutic, yet possibly compulsive (Scorpio) nature. I don't believe the mind is ever still and it is Mercury's function to find something of interest that will stimulate the mind, even if it is of the non-manifestational kind. Mercury is not superficial in Scorpio. At its best, it will go deeper and to any lengths to find answers to difficulties and problems it faces, whether it means beating the computer games, investigating strange circumstances, or finding a cure for an otherwise terminal disorder.

Stubborness and inflexibility is something the fixed signs all possess in their own way. Mercury in Scorpio can be obsessional but its thoughts are based upon the emotions rather than anything physically proven and perceptive.

And laziness? What do you think of the negative Libra expression in wanting others to be there and do everything for it, rather than vice versa???? And if this doesn't happen? The Sun's adverse cardinal aspects in cardinal houses, a fixed trine to Saturn, and a lack of fire element could well provide Mercury with the 'why?' equation Scorpio seeks to get the mind ticking over in a positive manner. Especially with the fire houses (circumstances) so strongly tenanted. Perhaps one could ask what aspects of life do initially get you all fired up, for which the necessity to think about, promote and/or change is a major factor?

Might give you something to think about? At 19, you've a life ahead of you.:wink::smile:

Nexus7

That is a very wide orb with that Mercury/Saturn square - pifflingly so when you look at the strong aspect patterns that do exist in your chart - a kite, no less, involving your angles.

You have a Grand Trine in your chart in Water, which could be a little 'rutty' but your Mars/Ascendant and the Uranus/Neptune conjunction in your 7th create an opposition, making sextiles to some of these trines.

One you have found somthing to give all your passion to, I would imagine that you may well have few problems with motivation, although there may be an obsessive component to this (Venus/Pluto is involved in this Grand Trine) that you may need to watch - all that glitters is not gold: you could be just a bit of a dreamer, with a Pisces Moon on an angle and a Mars/Neptune opposition.

More to the point your Mars makes an axact oppositon to Uranus along with Neptune, so I wonder if in fact the question here involves this, and not any Mercury/Saturn aspect.

You may tend to throw yourself into people, passions, situations, but then to somehow get 'burnt,' perhaps just as quickly becoming disillusioned or distracted, or losing the sense of excitement. Perhaps the question could really be one of patience: it is Mars you have rising in your chart, not Mercury. It perhaps is a further challenge that it squares your Sun too, which might add to the sense of frustration in meeting obstacles. The stubbornness could be more to do with a dislike of being thwarted or of anyone trying to exert their will over you.

There was a thread on Mars/Uranus aspects particularly - it might be worth tracking down. You seem to have a pretty dynamic chart, though handling all this energy in yourself may in itself be quite a challenge.

Do you have any writing skills or desire to work in the public eye? The Moon on the Midheaven may also introduce a sense of changeability, but may also point at talents that could allow you to channel your energies in more productive ways.

Munch

All of the above is great insight.

I'd say take note of the Mars/Uranus/Neptune opposition but take that up another notch and notice the sextile from your Moon to Neptune which then goes on to sextile Venus which is trine your Moon. If there were ever three planets that could lead to the lazies more, I've never seen it. This energy flow is not about doing so much as being and that might be especially true in Water signs since that enhances the receptivity of these planets.

Mars on the Asc shows that you have a great deal of passion but it gets dissipated by Neptune and thrown off course by Uranus.

dandelionnn

Hi, what can I do? I don't have any interest in writing as I feel silly even trying, I will probably laugh at it and give up quickly. I have all this potential but I'm starting to give up because of the lack of motivation.
Everything you have said is true! :[ There is no remedy for a bad chart like mine?

Inconjunct

Well, there's your problem right there - blaming your chart for your lack of action. The planets do not compel you to behave in a certain way, you CHOOSE to behave in the way you do. I think the problem is Mars in Cancer. Mars is not happy in Cancer, in fact he's in his fall, which suggests that any motivation he might bring is weakened or undisciplined. What's more, he's in opposition to Uranus, which I think suggests that your energies are unfocused, being subject to sudden fluctuation and change. Chuck in Neptune and that just adds to a kind of dreamy, unrealistic expectation of yourself - you're going to be great at this that or the other, just as soon as you can bring yourself to do it. There's that grand trine, too, which can be so harmonious and lovely, that you just take it for granted and kick back waiting for the good things to come to you rather than going to get them yourself.

What's needed round here is some Saturnian discipline and fortunately, you have a trine from Saturn to the Sun which could provide it, if you only decide to take advantage of it. It's time to stop blaming the planets, the aspects, the houses for your inability to get things done, time to take some personal responsibility and, if you really want to succeed, it's time for kicking yourself up the bum and going for it.

However, if you decide you just want to slack for a while, your chart's perfect for that, but don't go beating yourself up about it if you do choose that course of action.

Munch

Hey there!

Stop and take a deeeeeep breathe. Guess what, you aren't even 20 yet. This is not the time that you are supposed to know what to do with your life. Nor is it necessarily the time in which you will know how to overcome all of life's challenges internal and external.

In astrological age, you are still very much so a child. Many of us don't have a clue about what we want or what direction to head until after our first Saturn Return at around age 30.

This period in your life is for figuring out how to get past your blocks. This particular period will be extremely instrumental in developing a strong sense of self and reconciling who you are with how you mentally approach the world. Your progressed sun is currently exactly conjunct your natal Mercury. I think its interesting that you are trying to get to the bottom of your 'lazy mind' affliction while this progression plays out.

Try to ease up on the pressure from yourself.

I think that your mother has loomed large in your life, but maybe you didn't understand her so well. Her presence is strong in your chart.

The moon shows the mother in a chart. Here we see that the moon is the highest planet in the chart, it rules your ascendant and Mars, which then in turn rules 5th house planets of Mercury, Venus and Pluto.

The moon also factors into your charts 'dignity tree.' The Moon, Mercury, Mars and Jupiter all dispose each other with the moon being the strongest influence just by sheer presence.

Your creative self may be strongly tied to your Mom. Do you feel like maybe you are not your own person but that you still might be tied to her and her expectations? Could this be the source of your block?

Another thought regarding the Moon is that it governs our daily lives and habits. Since your moon is part of a grand trine involving Mars ruled by the Moon, its easy to see that your energy flow like a river through a well worn channel. It knows this energy flows and it isn't inclined to leave the prescribed pattern as it's habit. Its unconscious.

Last edited:

Nacho

Banned
My advice to you would be to go out in nature often. And also talk to your family members once in a while. It's up to you how often you think is right to do that. :) Also you might find interesting books to read in your local library, if you're into reading.