the SIGN next door...

katydid

Something Lin said in another thread got me thinking about something curious.

I'm a Leo and LOVE the Virgo energy....but....for me, anyway, it never worked out.
LIN

I realized a similar thing. Back in the day I always was attracted to sag and libra guys but it never ever worked out. These are my 'next door' signs, and form semi-sextiles to my scorpio Sun.

I always ended up with Virgos or Capricorns, who I sextiled, or Aries who I quincunxed.

Maybe a semi sextile is just too weak to really motivate a solid relationship.

Has anyone here ever had a real solid relationship with the 'sign next door.'?:love:

siamese_dream

I'm a Gemini w/ Venus in Taurus and Mars in Cancer. I'm usually not attracted to guys whose suns are either of those signs, not even as friends. Aquarians (my DC), Leos (my rising), and Aries guys (my moon) please!!!

AquaScorpio

Hmm...signs next door. It always seems like these signs are somewhat exceptions to the incompatible signs. Mine are Pisces and Capricorn, but I've only dated one Pisces although I am currently with a Libra with a moon in Pisces (barely). I have dated two Libras and both were my longest relationships...but I've dated 3 Cancers (my IC) as well, and actually really like this sign as it's a social water sign (and very passionate ;) ) I'm not a huge fan of Capricorn (my MC) energy, it jus doesn't "spark". And although I dated a Pisces (Cap ASC as well) it's not a big hit for me either, although you never know what your gonna get with a Pisces. I love Libras, Aquarians, Cancers and all the fire signs, positive and easy going energy just move so freely between me and them.

I just did a really long response to this topic and it wouldn't load through. I signed in and while I was writing, the computer logged me out. I will probably have to tick the box and remained sign in on the loading page.

I did a whole page on the differences of signs, I am too mentally deflated now, to re-write. Perhaps my Arian neighbor can help me get started again with more enthusiasm. Never mind, this happened to me on my blog as well, another long post vanished. I have Mercury-Neptune natally, perhaps it's acting up. Annoying when you lose your work, and frustrating.

smilingsteph

What a funny name for this thread, I too was thinking in the naughty zone!
Well Taurus men, no real experience with em.
Cancer men, wayyy to emotional for me.
I fare better with the sign on my descendant. If we go modern I have Leo cusping the 7th, sig. other has a leo moon. I have saturn, moon in virgo in the 7th...significant other is a virgo...

katydid

so far, nobody has gone for sun semisextile sun
:sun::sextile::trine::sun::kissing:

3 votes for sun sextile or trine sun

2 votes for sign on desc

2 votes for moon sign

1 vote for square or opposition to sun
======================================================================
siamese dream==you choose your moon sign and /or sextile/trine to sun

templeton==trines with sun/moon usually

aquascorp==trines to sun and sextiles to sun

aq7===oppositions/squares or desc.

shiningray==sidelined by merc/neptune

smilings=== sign on desc, or moon sign

Re-wind and start again, kind of like Pisces-Aries. I am a typical Pisces (two Luminaries and chart ruler), however with so many astrological influences in the chart there is really no such thing as your "typical" Pisces, when I refer to a sign I am just referring to it's purest level, undiluted or chemically changed by any other substance on the chart (Astrology-Science). I flunked Science funnily enough, it's not one of my majors. Actually, I failed at a lot of subjects, but I was never driven academically. Too day-dreamy as a youngster, and the tendency to let other people push in front of me was a major fault or even mistake on my part. I should regularly invite my Aries neighbour round for coffee and biscuits, if they have time to chat and don't need to rush off on their next adventure. Aries can teach me a lot of about my own identity needs, desires and to not give up on life. Live life to the full. Actually all the fire signs can teach me these lessons.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, I drift off like the "typical Pisces" I will for the remainder of the post focus (Virgo) my thoughts.

I have had a lot of Aries people in my life. I was born to an Aries mother and an Aquarius father in 1979, I was a late 70's baby, 80' child, 90's teenager, naughty - 00's adult. My sister has Moon in Aries, and our Moons have very different emotional needs, and we did clash when we were younger. I have had Aries best friends, but sooner or later we have come to blows, due to our different natures. For the most part I was the follower, and would let Aries lead. However, disagreements, confusions, and annoyances did eventually lead to the breakup of these friendships. I will admit that I did enjoy their friendship while it lasted, and both friends had a really good sense of humour, lots of energy and they always wanted to be active. If they didn't push me OUT THE FRONT DOOR (ASC/ARIES word-play). I would have probably have stayed at home in my pyjamas watching T.V, and I wouldn't have had much of a social life to be honest. All my Arian pals liked to party :smile:.

I can be thankful I had these Aries friends with their courage to live life to the full, at the time I didn't recognise how valuable their contribution to my life has been. Even now I am fearful and anxious, but I do understand the lessons they have tried to teach me, just by being themselves. Perhaps on some psychological level I needed Arian pals as part of my growth. I have NN in the 1st house and this has attracted more independent people in my life. I will be honest I perceived them as selfish at times, but this was COMPLETELY subjective coming from a Piscean perspective, and many times they viewed me as elusive and hard to reach or understand emotionally.

I was involved with a man who had his Sun in Aries. The relationship lasted for about 3 years, he had Sun in Aries opposed Saturn. The Sun sign ruler Mars is in Aries opposed Saturn. Sadly, he acted the lower archetypal energy of his configuration and was violent, selfish, harsh and cold. On the career level he worked with heavy (Saturn) metals (Mars) he was a trained Welder. However, when he had no job, money, or social life - he didn't really have anywhere to expend his energy, and would end up feeling frustrated, angry and battled with his sense of failure. This depressed his Aries need to be confident, independent, and potent. I could sympathize with him knowing the difficult planetary energy he had to contend with on a daily basis.

My partner had the planet of relationships, love and affection (Venus) in Aries (detriment) and opposed his Saturn in Libra, he had a very difficult horoscope, and made more difficult in youth. Age may temper his energy and he will learn how to integrate it, but he was challenged by Saturn severely. This was affecting a large part of his life from his self-esteem, feelings of worth, his self-confidence in regards to his own masculinity, and achievements. Being an Aries with the planet of limitations, road blocks, and time (Saturn) has it's conflicts for the obvious reasons. I do believe if enough awareness is present, all his cardinal energy can lead to achievement, but only if his Arian confidence and natural potency doesn't get too battered by authority, rejection, and self-esteem/failure complexes etc. Typically being neighboring patners in many respects ARIES/PISCES he was seen as the selfish and cold partner (Saturn), and I was the martyr, who suffered the abuse.

I have often thought about what lessons I have learned from my relationship with him, and I suppose if my needs, and rights to be an individual are denied. It powerfully inflames my need to define my identity (Saturn/NN in 1st house). My neighbour teaches me a lot about life...How to move forward and not keep falling back on my self-defeating habits, to have confidence in myself as a separate individual.

Last edited:
My life without Aries :lol:.

couch+potato.jpg

EDIT: My view is not completely subjective there were at times selfish incidences, and because a person won't sacrifice their own desires or independence for others it doesn't make them selfish. A more balanced view was needed, to go with my scaly avatar for today.

Last edited:

lilllybelle

Yes, I have dated the boy next door. I'm a gemini and I have dated many cancers. On top of a long list of sun in cancers, every guy I've dated for the past 6 years or so has had mars or venus in cancer. I think I have a cancer magnet chip implanted into me. The guy that I've been seeing for the past 3 years or so has mars and venus in cancer (same guy that I split up with under every venus retrograde). I feel like I get cancers, and I accept them the way they are.
I've only dated one taurus. He didn't like me as much as I liked him. Looking back on it, I'm not so sure I liked him a lot either.

astropsychologist

I'm a Taurus sun and rising and yes, I find Aries energy magnetic...but have been burned far too many times by them that I try to avoid them now. Never found Gemini men attractive (except for Johnny Depp...but let's face it... who doesn't?:love:).

My parent's are astrological neighbours...dad's a Libra and mum's a Virgo, extremely typical of their signs, very different but get along surprisingly well (at least they do now 30 yrs on, after clashing for the first 20 yrs of marriage, they've somehow managed to find a way to make it work). They seem to give each other what they each lack! He provides the romance and she maintains the practicalities of daily life.

katydid

Thank you so much for redoing your dropped post. It was wonderful. I have always been fascinated with the Pisces/Aries cusp. The natural ascendant at that.
Your descriptions really painted a true picture of that pisces/aries connection. More than any other cusp, going from the 12th to the 1st is like going through a wormhole, or through the looking glass. It is not like any of the other transitions because it is the only one that essentially 'goes backwards. '
You know how you wake up quickly from a vivid dream, and it is still with you for a second, and you try to grasp it to write it down in your journal, but the millisecond it takes to sit up, the whole thing is gone, evaporated in the light of day. THAT is the 1st house cusp. :bandit:'
And for you, a double pisces, to reach out to an Aries neighbor, you have to go 'backwards' so to speak. You go from 12 to 1. You back track from an old soul to a brand new enthusiastic earthling. But as you say, it may be just what you need, to get you out of the house, to get you moving ahead, and to meet new people and ideas.
Thanks again for pouring out that great panorama of pisces to aries energy. :sideways:
Re-wind and start again, kind of like Pisces-Aries. I am a typical Pisces (two Luminaries and chart ruler), however with so many astrological influences in the chart there is really no such thing as your "typical" Pisces, when I refer to a sign I am just referring to it's purest level,

I can be thankful I had these Aries friends with their courage to live life to the full, at the time I didn't recognise how valuable their contribution to my life has been. Even now I am fearful and anxious, but I do understand the lessons they have tried to teach me, just by being themselves. Perhaps on some psychological level I needed Arian pals as part of my growth. I have NN in the 1st house and this has attracted more independent people in my life. I will be honest I perceived them as selfish at times, but this was COMPLETELY subjective coming from a Piscean perspective, and many times they viewed me as elusive and hard to reach or understand emotionally.

I was involved with a man who had his Sun in Aries. The relationship lasted for about 3 years, he had Sun in Aries opposed Saturn. The Sun sign ruler Mars is in Aries opposed Saturn. Sadly, he acted the lower archetypal energy of his configuration and was violent, selfish, harsh and cold. On the career level he worked with heavy (Saturn) metals (Mars) he was a trained Welder. However, when he had no job, money, or social life - he didn't really have anywhere to expend his energy, and would end up feeling frustrated, angry and battled with his sense of failure. This depressed his Aries need to be confident, independent, and potent. I could sympathize with him knowing the difficult planetary energy he had to contend with on a daily basis.

My partner had the planet of relationships, love and affection (Venus) in Aries (detriment) and opposed his Saturn in Libra, he had a very difficult horoscope, and made more difficult in youth. Age may temper his energy and he will learn how to integrate it, but he was challenged by Saturn severely. This was affecting a large part of his life from his self-esteem, feelings of worth, his self-confidence in regards to his own masculinity, and achievements. Being an Aries with the planet of limitations, road blocks, and time (Saturn) has it's conflicts for the obvious reasons. I do believe if enough awareness is present, all his cardinal energy can lead to achievement, but only if his Arian confidence and natural potency doesn't get too battered by authority, rejection, and self-esteem/failure complexes etc. Typically being neighboring patners in many respects ARIES/PISCES he was seen as the selfish and cold partner (Saturn), and I was the martyr, who suffered the abuse.

I have often thought about what lessons I have learned from my relationship with him, and I suppose if my needs, and rights to be an individual are denied. It powerfully inflames my need to define my identity (Saturn/NN in 1st house). My neighbour teaches me a lot about life...How to move forward and not keep falling back on my self-defeating habits, to have confidence in myself as a separate individual.

[Mod edit - to move the new response above the old, long quote.]

Last edited by a moderator:

emotionality

I'm pretty infused with the Libra energy and I don't think I have ever been attracted to Virgos or Scorpios.Not that they both can't be sexy,they can for sure ,but I would think our romantic natures would clash. I have really only been attracted to Gems and Cancers(<---which never worked out for me)I get along very well with Cancer women though :D .

My major partnerships in order ,we're with a Cappy (who was Scorpio rising ) a Cancer man (which I don't have a birth time for unfortunately) and a Gemini (with a Taurus moon which conjuncts mine )who has been the compatible personality-wise for me.I have also had a fling with another sun Libra(who was Virgo rising now that I look ) but even though it was fantastic in the beginning it was a little bit of an overload for me in the end .

Last edited:

katydid

Thank you Templeton and Emotionality. You are proving my initial hypothesis incorrect, and showing that indeed there is attraction to the sign next door. And actually a few of the most recent posts established the same finding.

unusual_suspect

I have sun in Pisces and I have long term relationships with Aries men, could this be because my natal Venus is in Aries? Maybe if you feel drawn to people in the sign next door it could be because you could well have Venus or Merc in that sign?

I say that because everytime I meet a Mr Aquarius I think eww, but Mr Aries makes me go Mmm! Would this be heightened for a lady? I have been involved in 3 fairly long term relationships where the men in question had Mars in Pisces, there does seem to be some sort of pattern there.

SagiCap

Something Lin said in another thread got me thinking about something curious.

I'm a Leo and LOVE the Virgo energy....but....for me, anyway, it never worked out.
LIN

I realized a similar thing. Back in the day I always was attracted to sag and libra guys but it never ever worked out. These are my 'next door' signs, and form semi-sextiles to my scorpio Sun.

I always ended up with Virgos or Capricorns, who I sextiled, or Aries who I quincunxed.

Maybe a semi sextile is just too weak to really motivate a solid relationship.

Has anyone here ever had a real solid relationship with the 'sign next door.'?:love:

Interesting observation. I, being :sagittarius: have always been attracted to :scorpio:. (Venus in :scorpio: too for me.) and had minor romances with them, but true, it never fully worked out. So, to answer no solid relationship with the sign next door.

robots

I'm naturally attracted to Aquarians or people with strong Aquarian influences. I have an 8th house Aquarius stellium consisting of Venus, the Moon, and Saturn, and an Aquarius descendant, and all that jazz. But if I'm in a relationship with an Aquarius sun, it either drives me crazy and makes me obsessive or bores me out of my mind. Generally it just doesn't work. At least it hasn't worked two times, which is enough for me.

The last guy I dated had an Aquarius Ascendant. It was working out fabulously until Mars decided to go square my Pluto and make me turn our relationship a constant power struggle even though he would never fight back except in a passive-aggressive fashion. That darn Pisces with his 12th house Saturn. Bah.

Sooo for me, Aquarius sun is a no, Aquarius Ascendant is a yes. At least that one was.

I've never been in a relationship with a Sagittarius, but I've found quite a few Sagittarians extremely attractive. Not relationship-status though.

LittleMiss

I'm a Pisces sun, and I was with an Aries man for four years. We lived together too.
I don't know... I feel that we complited eachother in a strange way, but at the same time we was comlete opposite, and so far apart that I often did'nt feel we spoke the same language. (And it did not work out, It was somehow a wonder that it lasted for those four years).

Somehow I think I would work better with an aquarius man, I feel that I have more in common with aquarian people than aries.