Pluto In Synastry

theoddone

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced someone's Pluto aspecting any your personal planets and how it made you feel in the long run.

Here's my experience on that: I'm currently friends with a man who is 15 years my senior. His Pluto aspects my Venus, Moon, Mars, and Sun. Pluto is trine Venus and Moon, sextiles Mars, and squares my Sun. I’m terrified of him having this ability to look deep into my soul and seeing my true self and I'm scared of letting him to get to know me. I feel I need to keep my friend at a distance because of that because it's so overwhelming. There's also a bit of sexual chemistry involved with his Mars conjunct my Mars, his Mars sextile my Venus and Moon, and a Venus/Uranus double whammy.

I know I shouldn't feel scared because Pluto is my chart ruler and it's in my first house. He's not Plutonian unless you count his Pluto squaring his Venus and sextiling his Mars and the fact that he has a 7th house Pluto.

Our interaction is very on and off. People have actually assumed we're dating or in a relationship when we're not and have made it clear that it's not the case and it gets irritating. I wonder if people are picking up on the synastry because the composite chart shows nothing positive except Moon trine Saturn. Sure, we flirt every once in a while but that's normal between friends. We have done some fooling around in the past but now he's largely coming off as uninterested and I definitely want to keep my distance.

Personally, I feel with Pluto in synastry, he gets what he wants and then the planet person gets tossed to the side. I don't know if that's the actual case but it sure seems like it.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Can you post a synastry and composite?
Pluto is domineering, powerful, mesmerising and hard to resist.
It is unique and wants uniqueness.

theoddone

The synastry in my opinion is better than the composite, which has terrible Saturn aspects, but I still see nothing regarding romance either way.

I'm probably better off just being his friend.

Attachments

• composite_LI.jpg
    composite_LI.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 55
  • synastry_LI.jpg
    synastry_LI.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ElenaJ

In the composite Saturn squares the moon's nodes and Juno, these might just indicate the age difference. Moon trines Saturn.
What is potentially brutal is the mars/uranus conjunction.
Notice how relatively un-aspected pluto is in this chart!
You are the outer circle in the synastry?
In the synastry the mutual mars conjunction on his Neptune/node is compatible but at the same time maybe too energetic. Neptune rules his ascendent so this takes on importance.
His Venus on your intense stellium sun/saturn/uranus/neptune lightens life up a bit for you, although his Saturn opposing gives you some restrictions.
Your Venus/moon trine his pluto acts like glue for you, pluto rules your ascendent and Venus your descendent.
On the other hand, his descendent ruler mercury is not involved in the synastry, so he is not pulled into the relationship as strongly as you are.
Given his possibile detachment, his Saturn opposing your cluster, and the mars/uranus conjunction in the composite, friendship will probably be more satisfying to you, he can be a good friend and guide to you.

theoddone

In the composite Saturn squares the moon's nodes and Juno, these might just indicate the age difference. Moon trines Saturn.
What is potentially brutal is the mars/uranus conjunction.
Notice how relatively un-aspected pluto is in this chart!
You are the outer circle in the synastry?
In the synastry the mutual mars conjunction on his Neptune/node is compatible but at the same time maybe too energetic. Neptune rules his ascendent so this takes on importance.
His Venus on your intense stellium sun/saturn/uranus/neptune lightens life up a bit for you, although his Saturn opposing gives you some restrictions.
Your Venus/moon trine his pluto acts like glue for you, pluto rules your ascendent and Venus your descendent.
On the other hand, his descendent ruler mercury is not involved in the synastry, so he is not pulled into the relationship as strongly as you are.
Given his possibile detachment, his Saturn opposing your cluster, and the mars/uranus conjunction in the composite, friendship will probably be more satisfying to you, he can be a good friend and guide to you.

Elena,

Thank you for your opinion on the charts. Someone actually suggested that my strong 3rd house would be a reason for his supposed attraction to me as it gives off a Gemini/Mercurial vibe opposing his Sagittarius stellium. But I think I'll stick with friendship.

ElenaJ

"my strong 3rd house would be a reason for his supposed attraction "

Actually, his Venus is in your 3rd, touching the stellium, which is very good for communications.
And, not to be overlooked, Venus rules his 3rd of communications.
You will have a very rewarding friendship.

theoddone

"my strong 3rd house would be a reason for his supposed attraction "

Actually, his Venus is in your 3rd, touching the stellium, which is very good for communications.
And, not to be overlooked, Venus rules his 3rd of communications.
You will have a very rewarding friendship.

I would hope so. I actually feel very comfortable with him apart from the Pluto synastry. However I do wonder if my strong 3rd house would make up for his DSC ruler Mercury since Mercury does traditionally rule the 3rd house. I'm just trying to get clarification on that because it was suggested otherwise in regards to chemistry and attraction.

ElenaJ

How exactly is his mercury (his descendent ruler) connecting with your chart?
There is a semi-sextile with your mercury. But does your mercury rule either your ascendent or your descendent? No.
On the other hand, you seem to be considering yourself a "mercurial" person because of the stellium in the 3rd house. Do you feel this?
What we are looking for is a connection between the two descendents and/or ascendents.
This is what will create a bind, one sees something familiar and attracting in the other.
Your descendent is taurus, ruled by Venus, and this classifies in a way the type of "other" you are attracted to. He is a sagittarius with an Aquarius moon, not very Venusian. However, his Venus lies on your stellium, so that you see in him those of his qualities, and are stimulated by it.
His descendent is virgo, ruled by mercury, which identifies the "other" that attracts him. Are you mercurial in some way? Does that planet match up with your venus? No. So the two descendents in this sense are not "talking" to each other. However, it does touch your mercury, drawing out of you the mercurial quality that he looks for. But this doesn't connect with YOUR descendent requirements of Venus.
Leaving these aside for the moment, your ascendent is scorpio, co-ruled by pluto.
You have these qualities that you present to the world.
His ascendent is pisces, co- ruled by Jupiter. How he presents himself.
And here, bingo, we find a match. His ascendent ruler, conjunct his ascendent, is trine your ascendent ruler, conjunct your ascendent. The two ascendents are bound together.
This is the important link that draws you together.
This is where we get the saying "Your perception of me is a reflection of you. My reaction to you is an awareness of me."
You understand each other intuitively because of this link.
After this, you would have to examine the aspects between the charts to see compatibility or friction. But this is an instantaneous binding link. This instinctively draws you to him, and vice versa.
You are worried about the pluto link. So yes, he will try to dominate you, transform you, uproot your value system.
On the other hand, this energy is something you know well, it is part of your ascendent. So you can relate to it. And knowing it, once you understand it, you can avoid it, take its bite out, disarm it. And it won't be a danger to you.
Your stellium falls in his 11th of friendship so you will be a friend to him.
Your 11th of friends is virgo, which identifies the type of person you look for as a friend. And where did we mention virgo? His descendent!
So in effect, your friendship house satisfies his criteria of a partner, again friendship links up.
This is an important basis for any type of positive relationship, so you are very lucky indeed.
Just keep in mind that when friendship spills over to romance, it can't really go back easily to friendship if the romantic part doesn't work out. Value what you have for the time being.

theoddone

On the other hand, you seem to be considering yourself a "mercurial" person because of the stellium in the 3rd house. Do you feel this?

I'm going to address this real quick. If "Mercurial" means that I have a very active mind and I'm chatty and talkative, then I do feel that. My mind is always going and I enjoy chatting and talking with people. My Sun, Neptune, Saturn, Mercury, Venus, and Moon are in my 3rd house.

theoddone

Didn't realize this thread was almost three years old.

Updating to say that the guy's ASC is wrong. He is Leo ASC, not Pisces. My Capricorn stellium falls into his 5th house. Uranus rules his 7th and our 7th house rulers make double whammy aspects. His Uranus squares my Venus and my Uranus conjuncts his Venus.

Mercury is a major issue because they don't connect in synastry. In the composite, the Sun sits on the IC and Venus, Mercury, and the North Node are in the composite 4th house. The Moon is in the 5th. Composite Saturn trines the Moon and squares Venus. Ironically while we have a strong Pluto in synastry, it's not strong in the composite and Saturn has more aspects.

theoddone

Hilarious, picking this up after over 2 years!
You don't mention how your relationship stands today.
Power struggles. Lots of power struggles. And it's a friendship.

I don't know to turn it from manipulation on both sides from negative to positive.

theoddone

Hilarious, picking this up after over 2 years!
You don't mention how your relationship stands today.
And here's the synastry and composite. I forget people are visual.

Attachments

• friendsynastry.jpg
    friendsynastry.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 34
  • friendcomposite.jpg
    friendcomposite.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 30

theoddone

Can you possibly re-post these charts including the aspect table below, so we can see the exact degrees?
thanks.
Here are the tables. The one to the left is for the composite and the one to the right is for the synastry chart.

Attachments

• friendcompositeaspects.jpg
    friendcompositeaspects.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 26
  • friendsynastryaspects.jpg
    friendsynastryaspects.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 25